Kamigakari Thread

Suffering edition.

So due to the poll, Threads will go up on friday around this time, give or take a couple hours. Hopefully that means we'll get more discussion early in thread.

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

Previous thread

Image dumps, stories, captions, and a discord server for games.

Have military.

I miss Dan.

got more of their stuff that is relevant?
If so post it.

perhaps

Life, life is neither a toy nor a game!

Cool.

But you can still treat it as both.

Well god damn. Someone else made a thread.

You coulda changed that second line in there though. No need to say that two threads in a row.

Also, since you made a thread and no one's gonna look at my slower one, i think, i'll post poll results.

The results of last poll were actually pretty even. 10/11 Have played to have not played.

The split there-in is more interesting. 5 players and 5 GMs have played and come to thread, where-as 9 players and 4 GMs haven't due to lack of people.

So did your vote on this change any time during the week? Did you try to get a group together?

So what talent or combination of them have you guys had the most fun with so far?

>winking book
Nice touch.

Human, Legacy User A as one of my Styles. Moment of Hope, Spirit Inversion, Sublime Etherlight and Reproduce Memories.
>mfw plebs still rely on their Spirit Dice and actually sometimes can't activate their powers

Thats a lot of talents.

Personally, i've had the most fun with 99 Regalia and Dash guard, for separate reasons.

Storytime GM ditched us, didn't he.

>not using Special Move to set a die to 5
>not having Unite Their Hearts and Minds to go "ZZ, it's gathering everyone's power" and then HIGH MEGA CANNON the enemy

Its entirely possible he just didn't have more story to tell. Stuff happens, sometimes games don't work out or not much happens.

Give it some time.

or IRL could be kicking his ass.

Sweet.
More please.

>10/11
>5+5 vs 9+4

Shouldn't that be 10/13?

>You coulda changed that second line in there though. No need to say that two threads in a row.

I happened to start it y days after the previous thread so I decided to leave it in.

>So did your vote on this change any time during the week? Did you try to get a group together?

We're level 2. I'm building up to it.

My guy's a Legacy User A/Arc Slayer A. The plan consists mostly of grabbing passives, fixers and Overflow generation so that I can use all my other talents more consistently rather than relying purely on the dice. I'm inexperienced with the system, mind, so if any of you guys have any advice I'll take it.

yeah, sorry. i was tired as shit. 10/13 is correct.

The split is still more or less correct though. We have a lot of people looking for a game, and a few people looking for players.

nah, you have the right of it if you want to be on the gameplayfag end of things.

Spirit fixers and passives are super good in this game because they are consistent and strong. Actives are also good, but can't be used consistently without fixers.

So passives and fixers to support actives is the best thing.

Hanyou is the best.

>What is Heroic spirit

Why not both

Anyone got appropriate skeleton character art to post? will put up what I've got.

>tales of symphonia

My fuckin nigga.

I don't actually know where that image came from I just thought it was cool when I saw it back in the day and saved it.

Marginally less my nigga. But now you know. Its an older tales of game, but one of the better ones in my opinion.

sweet

what is tales of symphonia about?
I am new to the J side of rpgs.

Pretty basic JRPG Stuff. Go on a quest to save the world, everythings fucked, yada yada. Basically, the world in and of itself is dying and decaying, leading some places to be less than pleasant to live in. There's also plants here and there where people are used as slaves.

To fix everything, colette brunel has to go to 4 temples in an attempt to kick-start the world again. Lloyd irving, the protagonist, and childhood friend to the girl in question, along with genis their other childhood friend, end up in their party and trying to save the world.

Without giving away too many spoilers, thats about the plot. Whats really good about it is that lloyd is, for lack of a better term, very relateable. He's not generic or self-insert like JRPGs tend to make protagonists.

>There's also plants here and there where people are used as slaves.

there is a plant people civilization that aren't picky about who they enslave?

No, plant as in the commonly used term for it nowadays. Industrial plants.

Also, there are a couple different races, but thats spoilers.

Oh it's a videogame?
I'm probably never going to play it. Only interested in it for inspiration material.

anybody got character art appropriate images of enduring, or still being there after a severe test.

i'd consider giving it a go. A lot of the stuff i said is bare surface shit. If you are looking for inspiration, the good stuff is way later in.

does it branch out in a billion directions or can I watch a playthrough to get most of it?

You can watch a playthrough. That was back in the days where branching paths weren't really a thing.

Sanctums are just dungeons, right?

Yeah, if you consider alice in wonderland level shit a "Dungeon"

It's translated, but it's not very clear.

A sanctum, for lack of a better word to describe it, is just like wonderland. A hostile wonderland, but wonderland none-the-less.

Its a mentalscape of whatever being controls it. Whether the creature itself is hostile to you or said mentalscape is being corrupted, thats up to the GM, but you as a godslayer are there to either take out said being controlling the mentalscape or to get rid of the corruption from aramitama-ization.

The entrances to these things can be just about anything. Books, mirrors, holes in the ground, whatever. It takes you to a bubble dimension controlled by whatever you put as its controller.

Putting it simply, a sanctum is a free pass for the GM to do literally any weird shit he wants without consideration for the setting.

That's way more concise. Thank you.

Speaking of questions about the system, what do you think about distortions? Do you use them?

anyone got portrait art? like this one

you should use em fairly often. they are designed to make things more interesting for your players.

I don't personally GM though, so i couldn't tell you what others do.

I wanna say thats etrian art, but some part of me feels it isn't.

it's best girl hoplite

so it was etrian. Fair enough then.

Nadare-san is a pretty good artist, and I ESPECIALLY appreciate their art of Hoplite/Phalanx.

yeah, their art is distinguishable, generic, and unique to itself, all at the same time. I have no fucking idea how they do it.

So, I'm creating up a tank-driving Contractor A / Legacy User A character. I'm wondering about the Dragoon and Mounted Combat talents.

Do you make one attack with each weapon, using the range of either? Or do you just use one and include the relevant modifiers (Accuracy, PD and Initiative)?
And if you do make an attack with each weapon, do you add the PD of both weapons together for each attack?

Dragoon is pretty clear on this. Choose a range from the two weapons, and stack relevant modifiers like the [ACC] [PD] [INIT] [Additional Effects]

Basically, you are taking two weapons, adding it all up, and treating it as one weapon with a variable range/target.

Sounds good.

>Suffering edition.

Where does this system shine?
Where does it suffer?

I would say the system shines most through the spirit pool, as switching the dice gives a way to make the most out of bad rolls while considering what to switch in order to have powers on use.

Where it lags, I think, is the near-total lack of structure in non-combat.

Outta combat can become a mess with re

Did you hit the post button before you were done typing?

There are systems and such in place for out of combat mechanics, but they rely on the GM to actually have things set up.

Its not so much a lack of structure as it expects the GM to have it super structured and set up.

Which, y'know, is typical of most nip stuff. They only got that one whole day, usually, as opposed to us others, what got regular little bursts of the stuff.

pretty much, yeah.

I said this last thread, but nip life sucks.

It is sad how the Japanese don't get Saturday AND Sunday off.

Technically speaking, thats not so bad. The level of effort they are expected to put in is way over the level you will find in almost any other country though.

No bully!

Decu, pls!

Is this girl a robot? Some sorta multi-eyed being? What am i looking at here

Silicon life. the "eyes" on her forehead are long-range sensors, if I remember correctly.

Neato

More like these please.

Ah, If only i could be so grossly Incandescent,

Thats a boss if ever i saw one.