Meanwhile on Demon Hunter Veeky Forums

>Meanwhile on Demon Hunter Veeky Forums
Alright Hunters, it seems that shit has gone to hell in a fucking handbasket. The entire world has seemingly been pulled into a Demon Realm, and we need all hands on deck right now. Grab your weapons and armaments, and let's see how many of us are still here after all of this shit.

So at first I was worried because my chainsaw chain is sorta flying around loosy-goosy, but it seems to cut just fine. Right now I'm working with a necromancer to cut a way back into our world.

Hopefully you don't get eaten. Just saw a group get devoured by a fractal mass of insanity.

I'm confident in this necromancer. She's got a broad axe and seems to got this Demon Realm bullshit on lock.

I've got a box of magic demon protection talismans if anybody needs one.

No need for any "talismans", but your Necromancer sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders. At least she isn't reacting like how the normals are.

Oh yeah, those people are fucked.

Thank god I practiced bushido while normies engaged in pre-marital sex.

I've just been sitting back a bit and observing. Most of the cities have descended into complete and utter anarchy, and we're fairly certain some idiots have ran out into the Chaos and got picked off by minor Inimicae. Seems everything's just descended into chaos.

Duh, we're in Azathoth's asshole. The sooner you get out of here the better. I'm pretty sure I've doubled my mental disorders just by being here. I'm not going to fuck around with a full 24 hours.

It's probably going to be a while before the full brunt of our magics can kick in and bring us back to our normal reality. Gonna be here for a bit.

Hey, um, I don't know what apocalypse you think is happening, but I don't really see it.
Am I already dead?

It's easier for one person to cross than an entire world. Looking at how your posts writhe I'm pretty sure you got a worm in your brain. Good luck with that.

hav someone else pinch u

We are actually an eldritch hive-mind of inter-connected voices. Any infectious worms or cognitohazards have likely already been expunged. Though several of our kin
seem to have "disappeared" from our awareness. We can only shudder at what might have befallen them.

>tfw lord of change and a bloodthirster decided to do a mexican standoff against a primaris psyker gone inquisitor
>tfw the inquisitor goes first
>fucking blast both away turn 1
RUN BACK TO YOUR DARK GODS AND BEG FOR MERCY FOR I OFFER YOU NONE

Calm down there, Inquisitor. You might burst a couple blood vessels from rapturous excitement there.

SUFFER ME NOW

So some parts of the demon realm can actually seem... Normal. I guess that depends on where you're from.

I've wandered around a bit here, seems an awful lot like back home. Empty, dry, hot. Some scrubby plants, only here they seem to be some kind of half dead giant anemonie. Still green. Various critters, haven't gotten a good look at any yet. They all tend to dash off when I get within line of sight.

The sky here is odd. It's still that washed out blue, but it keeps folding in on itself at random and unfolding elsewhere. No roads here either. Not a damn sign of anything living bigger than those small, quick things.

Saw one get grabbed by a green anemonie. Unpleasant end. Messy.

Whole place has this tremendous sense of emptiness. Never heard of a realm like this. Nothing on the horizon but more of the same, low hills, scrubby anemonies, dirt, rocks, fuck-all else.

Where the literal hell am I?

seems like an "alien" ecosystem, if you can breath there it probably means life here is near earth's,
so some predators will probably try to eat you (and will be able to) but there should be an edible specie out there so you don't starve.

I'm actually in a lucky situation for myself:
I'm trapped in an alternate dimension since a month, place's filled with logic eldritch horrors acting as the food chain's top tier but there are so few of them according to my scoutings that I could live without any problems here.

>Where the literal hell am I?
Seems you're in a more "peaceful" layer of the Demon Realm. We were near the major population sectors, trying to regulate some of uneasiness from Halloween when the shift happened. Suffice to say, things aren't pretty over here.

*cackles maniacally* And here I thought I was going to be forced into retirement.

You might still end up there if you aren't careful, dear Hunter. We've already started to detect numerous hordes of lesser Imps gathering end masse. It seems that our presence here has been noted.

GET BEHIND ME MORTALS
I SHALL PROTECT YOU

So I finally saw one of the scurrying things. A bit like a cross between a rabbit and a sewer rat. One big eye, three short horns.

It was dead. It had been killed by something similar to a raven. Big black bird, no eyes, beak was more of a muzzle, full of nasty looking teeth. Ever see one of those "goblin sharks" on tv during shark week? Like that. Claws were 8 inches long, damn thing was 4 foot tall.

The rat rabbit thing was a fresh kill. Stank like a month old corpse in the dumpster behind a disreputable chinese resteraunt.

Only way to get home is to know where it is you are lost. Any suggestions? I really do not want to find out if anything else lives out here.

Also, there's no sun. It's just bright like mid day all the time.

Dearest Tyranid, what happened to the other gods? They have been oddly silent regarding this whole situation. Did osmething happen?

*Hmm, we meant Tyr, but it seems to have been spontaneously changed.* It seems that this infernal realm afflicts even our own mental skills.*
Joy.

Anubis quit his old job in Egypt and still adjusting to his new job in our pantheon Thor blames Loki for this disaster and his trying to catch him. Loki is hiding. Odin insists this is all part of his plan and everyone else in protecting asgard
And I'm not a bug

>Odin insists this is all part of his plan
We can practically hear his nervous sweating from here. Also, we think that *something* very large has started to follow behind the hordes of Imps. Please standby.

I'm here too deary I just am more of a support role

Always good to have more of the Divine on our side. Especially in this current situation, being bombarded by near-uncountable swarms of demonic terrors. How I wish we'd brought a Rooder along with us before this mess.

Has anyone seen the black king?

No, he has not been sighted whatsoever. We assume that he, along with his oh-so beloved forests, are "Missing, presumed eaten by the locals".

mind if I help? because I dont want you guys here as much as you guys don't want to be here

>A Minor Demon Lord.
>Offering his "help".
Shouldn't you be appeasing your local Gods Of Evil right now with all the fresh souls that are bumbling throughout your domain? Why do you want us gone so badly, especially since this would be a net benefit to you and yours?

because its in my nature to be contrarian

You *do* realize you -will- end up getting eaten if you aid us, correct? As in, you will be utterly destroyed by the Powers Of Evil for daring to help us Hunters? Just throwing that out there.

Time seems subjective here. Watch says I've been here a few days. Feels like it too. Finally found something new. Not an improvement.

The land just ends, like jagged torn paper. No gradient, just straight down.

Into water that either is black or is so deep it may as well be. Very small waves. Or perspective is fucked as well and it's a long way down. Or both.

Really getting tired of this place.

Guess I'll flip a coin, pick a direction and follow this "coast."

Make sure to notify us of any changes on your end, fellow Hunter. Who knows what's lurking out there.

eh I'll be mine
not all of us want to kill humanity this is escalating far too quickly and Im generally considering too annoying to be worth killing

>not all of us want to kill humanity this is escalating far too quickly
What do you expect when most of your ilk are masses of pure evil, and the greatest amongst your kind are unfathomable cosmic horrors? "Reasonable" demons such as yourself are rare beyond all measure.

no im lazy there's a difference

Eh, not really when it comes to your ilk, but whatever floats your own transdiemsnional boat of metaphor. Anyway, we have a situation other deal with. Something just tried to chew it's way through one of the barriers we've established around the cities.

good luck
ill go run interference but getting asmodi and satan to fight again

An enclave of demon hunters? I was looking for the bakery. Anyone got directions?

good news from cleveland
we've managed to distract the local demons by having lebron challenge to a game of basketball
its a really close game

>we've managed to distract the local demons by having lebron challenge to a game of basketball
Wait, what? How did you even get the abominations to agree to play such a thing?

medium to high-tier demons tend to have almost the same curiosity as humans do,
you can even try to convert some of them to the principles of property and they'll probably stop doing magic shit to try killing you using capitalism;
good thing is that most of them are terrible at maths and strategy.

>good thing is that most of them are terrible at maths and strategy.
Well barring the ones that are *made from* and embody said concepts, but those are the exceptions.

Been walking for about a month now. Only thing possible to eat are the tentacles of those half buried anemonie things. They regrow fast enough. Slimy, fishy taste. Nothing to make a fire with here, so, raw it is.

I'm relatively certain I'm not in a closed loop space, left marks that would be impossible to miss or easily erase. Some subtle, some less so.

The raven things have eyes. They're big red things, various sizes, on their abdomens. Only see em when they're flying.

This land feels odder the longer I'm here. Not dead or dying, not even unchanging. A constant, almost below notice unease pervades it. The inky black ocean shows no signs of life whatsoever. Just endless, small waves. Not even large enough to have crests, but larger than ripples.

Found the remains of one of the raven things. Mostly gone to decay. The feathers, long and still jet black have an almost metallic feel. Took a few, long as my forearm. Stuck one in my hat, put the rest in my pack.

Took its claws too. Sharp as razors, black as the rest of em. Fully eight inches long.

Might fashion some of the bones into fish hooks. See if the stygian sea is truly lifeless.

Even back home there was always a feeling of being watched, wary animals or other things. Nothing here. Total absence of any attention save from a passing raven thing, and they're rare enough.

Will report again if anything changes.

Hmm, so you've noticed no Outer Presences having their attention pointed to you? How odd. I would think that the infernal powers would always have some manner of awareness of the souls that fall into their domain, but it seems not.

Precisely what is most troubling. The sheer desolation, the very slight unease. It's like something tremendously destructive and horrible happened here.

But I have yet to see any sign of destruction.

I've dug into the hard, dry ground a few times, up to my waist at one point. Just hard packed dirt, small stones.

It almost feels abandoned, perhaps forsaken or even forgotten. Shunned, maybe.

Most troubling. Do keep us noted if the desolate Expanse changes any, or there are any unique devlopments.

Why isn't this on Demon Hunter /k/? I just want to discuss Cities and Cryptids without you crossboarders shitting up Veeky Forums

It'll be moved to /qst/ soon enough.

Roleplaying isn't allowed on Veeky Forums anymore.

DH/k/ literally imploded the very moment this situation happened. I think most of them got eaten by Incubi during the first few minutes. The place is a fucking war-zone right now.

Look, once and for all, get it through your head. There is only _one_ demon hunter thread. Not a dozen. One. The dozen or more quest threads totally supplanting the majority of actual TG threads is why you were given your own special clubhouse to play in. Be logical, think for five minutes, and stop crying.

it was the archdemon of competitive sports
he was happy to jam
the problem is that collateral damage from lebron unleashing the chaos dunk is gonna be a pain to fix latter

Situation report: I am blind and unable to move. I feel tremendous pain emanating from all my limbs, as if my bones were broken, or I were nailed to a slab, or both. I don't think I am blindfolded, since I don't feel anything wrapped around my head. It feels like my eyes have been gouged out and something else has been put there. The worst pain is one I can’t properly describe. It’s like a weightless serpent is gently coiling around my right bicep, but also inside it, between the layers of skin. This sounds like nothing, but I feel the serpent elsewhere too, in my head, in my name, in my everything. Oh, I feel the slab rumbling. I’m being moved. It’s getting hotter. I think I just felt something lick my cheek, not a tongue, but like the salivating wick of a flame. Any way out of this mess?

How exactly did you get into this situation dearest Hunter? Because it sounds like you are about to be sacrificed as an offering to the Dark Powers. Which probably own end well for you before or after the rites are completed, all things said.

I'm surrounded by Seventh Dimensional shapes asking me if I want breakfast. It's... Five PM, according to this watch that probably doesn't work. They don't seem harmful, but I'm afraid to ask for breakfast or deny it. Any advice?

A few years ago I made a pact with a minor demon of shitposting, who put a wire in my brain so I can talk with you guys even in this situation. More recently I signed my body away in a contract to a well-respected death cult, but my part shouldn't come due until I was dead. There was that hellmouth that open under my house this morning, after which I blacked out.

>There is only _one_ demon hunter thread. Not a dozen. One. The dozen or more quest threads totally supplanting the majority of actual TG threads is why you were given your own special clubhouse to play in. Be logical, think for five minutes, and stop crying.

Several non-quest roleplaying threads have been moved from Veeky Forums to /qst/ in the past few months:

Wed say you aren't very intelligent, but that would be an understatement. You may very well end up meeting your end, dear Hunter.

Please do not accept *anything* any entity may try to give to you in a Demon Realm. That's just asking for a fate worse than death.

why would anyone be need to be told that
never accept a gift around here
we're like fey
except more purposefully malicious

Finally something to break the monotony.

Found a rather large hole in the ground. Perfectly circular, paced it out, about 33 feet accross. Apparently so deep as to be bottomless.

Spent some time there, day or so, waiting for anything to happen. Nothing.

Few "days" (again, just going by my watch) later, I saw a new species.

A tree. Only not. It was akin to a tree, in shape, maybe seven feet tall. Bark was totally smooth, like a succulent. It was also gnarled, like it had grown back in on itself a dozen times. A very long finger with dozens of arthritic knuckles.

The branches splayed and drooped. There was a single leaf at the end of one. It was red as blood.

I decided against doing anything to it. Gave it some space, and watched it. the occasional faint breeze barely stirred it. Gave up after a day.

Kept walking, will report back if anything else turns up.

Well, it was nice knowing you guys. The slab just rotated upright. My body just fell off from it's own limbs and I'm falling into fire. The serpent is gripping really hard now. The fire is l-l-leaking into m-my head, the w-w-w-w-wire is-

.........May you rest in peace dear Hunter.... Know that we shall avenge you, no matter the cost.

Peace! I have been sent as a messenger to warn you! There is a great
battle coming!

I have wandered in the desert for forty days and forty nights until
starving and delirious I gazed upon a vision of what was to come:

I tell you that the blood of the devil is in my blood and I feel the
doom that is to come in my very bones!

Know that no army is gathered that will not be sent against itself.
And nothing will be whole that won't be broken apart! Brother will
strive against brother and son against father and mother. The world
has been tasked with its own destruction!

There is no man in this world or the next that can put a stop to the
world's final death, not even me. I tell you people: the devil will
lift up the bow of the world and then break it over his knee!

YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

Desert? Well, probably a metaphor, but it's possible it was this private corner of the hell-niverse.

I'd take a rambling madman for company over this, even if I eventually exorcised or pushed you into the stygian sea when your insanity wore out my patience.

Mm, a prophecy. Haven't heard one of these in a while. Well at least we can take the time to decode this, and take our minds off of the hordes of abominations threatening to devour us all beyond the City-Barriers.

Do not think that I am unprepared! The devil is the best of planners and has planned for me a gruesome torture in this life and the next. First I shall suffer through heat, then cold, then war, then the waters of chaos and finally the sight of the face of the devil himself.

In the end the devil will take off 13 masks off 13 faces and each face shall reveal an ugly truth that drives one to madness. And when the last mask is removed it shall reveal a truth that shall pull up the roots of the world and overturn it.

Uugh, even as a human, we always did dislike the lengths we'd have to go uncover the true meaning behind any one prophecy. Though I do enjoy the distraction, it helps to block-out the sounds of infernal noise outside.

You know a lot about dimensions?? I'm currently trudging through what seems like a swamp that doubled as a mass grave. Where do I go to get somewhere safe?

Oh hey guys, I'm back. Did you miss me? Looks like the contract with the death cultists pulled through in the end, I'll be rattling and kicking until the last soul winks from existence and the universe closes in on itself. Communication got cut off last time because the hell priests burned my wires out, but I tracked down the shitposting demon again and just plugged him into my skull, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Now I just need to find my way out of hell and back home.

Hey, you look like you know your way around hell. The locals haven't been cooperating, so care to give some directions? I'll let you pet the little snake I got on my ROCKING SKELETON BICEPS.

You've just had all your flesh, tendons, nervous structures, and pretty much everything else burnt away, and yet you are *still* so optimistic? How I wish that we could have such joy in such abundance.

I know a lot about how it works, but I have no real knowledge of each dimension or realm individually.

a swamp is like the worst thing to get into, even on earth, so be sure to check these:
don't stay in the fucking water, home of parasites that can hide in there and vicious predators.
for mangroves, everything is trying to kill you in some way, so gtfo there's no safe area unless you built a house ABOVE the trees, but if you're forced to navigate here, please use the roots to stay above water level.
is the swamp a mass grave naturally or because of recent incident? first one means there are usual big predators here, second means the grave could be just a result of the corpse getting dragged here along with you, or a demon got there too.
trying to lit a fire in such area will cause heavy smoke, it's up to you to chose wether or not you want to reveal your position from miles away
cover you face and all your exposed skin with mud if you have no other choice, you don't want to die from space aids after getting out of there.
don't ever sleep on the ground, also remove your shoes during night or else you'll end up with potatoes feet (and btw fire required to not get eat while sleeping).

now for actually escaping this mess you can search for residual energy from the portal that led you there, it should act as a beacon to your homeland without that much problems.
if there are none, try to follow the general water's path up until you get out of the swamp, there are usually a few flowing rivers you could pursue.

Why do things just keep getting *worse* in this place?

There's something on the horizon. Too far to tell what, yet.

Looks a bit like a very large oblong stone, standing a bit crooked.

Must be bigger than I thought. Two days and I'm not to it yet.

Right, it's enormous, "cyclopean" even. Dark gray, might have been hewn flat and sharp once, but it's as weathered as everything else out here. Leaning a bit to one side. If it ever had markings, they're lost to time. About 8 days inland from the stygian sea.

The more I find here, the more this place bothers me. No traces of power, no hostile intents, no other sapient anything.

Anyone have the faintest idea? Heard of any place similar? This sure ain't the demon realm I know and loathe. I actually find myself missing the blood flowing up the walls, screams of the damned, horrific embodiments of ideas... More hellish here than hell. More damnably alien too.

>Anyone have the faintest idea? Heard of any place similar? This sure ain't the demon realm I know and loathe. I actually find myself missing the blood flowing up the walls, screams of the damned, horrific embodiments of ideas... More hellish here than hell. More damnably alien too.
Either the Demon Realm has cut off a part of itself from the whole and just left it to rot away, and that's where you are now stuck in, or the far more horrifying possibility (and far more likely), it's a trap. A trap set specifically to lure you in.

or there could be more than one demon realm
because there is more than one demon

A trap set to lure me in would imply coming here by choice. Shit, I wasn't even on foot when the transition happened. Busted old jeep, out making the rounds to look for stragglers from Hallows.

Then I'm face down in this place.

Aside from the bizarre living things, the unknowably vast stygian sea, and the whole oragami sky, it's a lot like where I was. Only not.

Much as I hate to even think of asking a brimstone breather, I wonder if the suspiciously friendly one here has any thoughts? Know any demons who might have had a realm like this and fucked off? Or am I in something cast off into the abyss of true chaos, like the city of Dis?

Is there, for that matter, a way to check? Like some magical method of looking for a demon realm serial number?

I don't tend to have much use for the finger wiggling where I am, if it's needed I just pay a call to the Res and ask one of the medicine men to lend a hand. I can do it if I have to, just takes me a while.

The worst part about a perpetual mid-day place with no sun is, oddly, the lack of an actual sun. No shadows to rest in.

So, just out of curiosity, where is the demarcation between evil and good for undead? Asking for a friend.

Good ones are often sentient, and aren't bound to a necromancer.

Though, it's honestly a tossup. I wouldn't trust one that says they're good, just because you're in a realm of evil.

Ah, so offering to lend a hand to other hunters might get me decorporealized once and for all. Good to know! Thanks.

Good undead usually have their right minds about them, and mostly try to save innocents, either out of a desire to help others, or becuase they wish to atone for sins they had made in life. The Dead see things clearer than the living after all.

>The entire world has seemingly been pulled into a Demon Realm
So that's why I had around fifty different groups in Seattle alone trying to summon me since I got my coffee this morning.

That would also explain why the heavy snow currently falling in my local forest is currently neon pink of all things.

>insert sound of neck being cracked here

Okay then, who do I have to rip apart in order to fix this?