Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you like DSP's voyager? How do you feel about Deimosaur nerfing it yet again just an hour ago?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?537053-Dreamscarred-Press-New-Playtest-the-Voyager-a-psionic-skirmisher!
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off with your animeposting dramafag bullshit.

Fuck off and kys 2hu (or your buttbuddy Arkwright, it's hard to tell sometimes).

You know you fags brought this on yourselves, right? After constantly posting threads at page 4, eventually the animefag would decide to follow suit

This is literally the fucking Discordfags doing this.

I have not own a book, but is there a list of martial art skill, stance, breathing technique, and blocking?

lmao

>giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?537053-Dreamscarred-Press-New-Playtest-the-Voyager-a-psionic-skirmisher!
My game only has two PCs, and I don't think they would use it much.

One of the players uses Primal Fury, but he doesn't charge that often. The other might use it, but he's a Shocking Grasp Magus that spends more time moving away from enemies than towards them.

Anyone have the Ranger and the Barbarian archetypes from the Wild book, please?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Is there a "martial artist" type character that you want to make in Pathfinder?

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH

The fact that you don't even link the thing you're talking about shows that you're just trying to trawl for responses and are inflammatory on purpose without any actual substance. To put simply, fuck off and go away.

Since the Oozemorph is a bit of a letdown, I'm looking for more ways to make ooze-themed characters. Is that one Scholar archetype any good?

ultimate wilderness pdf yet?

>Discord claims to "enforce chill"
>everyone there is constantly rude to each other
>nothing is ever done to curtail this

Anybody have the fey prankster archetype from UW?

Before you tell me to look at the past threads, it's not in them. It's hidden in the gathlain section of the book.

>he thinks the cabal is the discord
are you retarded

same shit

Why does this require five ranks?

Does this allow you to use materials in the tattoos, since it says enhanced like masterwork stuff?

Can you enchant yourself after?

Dragon’s Tattoos
Etching your limbs with exquisite art, your body truly becomes a
weapon.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Craft (tattoos)
5 ranks.
Benefit: You learn how to adorn yourself with the sacred
tattoos that are said to have been first conceived by an ancient
monk known only as “the Dragon”. Covering your body in
these intricate tattoos etched by your own hand, your limbs,
grapples, and unarmed strikes are now treated as masterwork
weapons, and may be enhanced just as any other masterwork
weapon. Enhancements applied via this ability apply to all un-
armed strikes or grapple checks you make, regardless of the
limb you choose to use; essentially, your entire body is treated
as a single weapon.

Is there a version of it for pseudo-armor?

In order...

It requires five ranks because fuck you that's why.

I'd presume yes.

I'd also presume yes.

Zodiac Tattoos exists for armor.

Where's Zodiac Tattoo from?

Check either the DDS forums for the "Unarmored Training and Opportunity Cost" thread or the GitP forum's SoM playtest thread, in the last couple pages.

Essentially it has the same requirements as Dragon's Tattoos but lets you enchant your skin as if it were a set of +1 leather armor

Zodiac Etchings
Mystical tattoos ward you from harm and transform your skin into protective armor.
Prerequisites: Craft (tattoos) 5 ranks, Unarmored Training talent or AC Bonus class feature
Benefit: Covering your body in these intricate tattoos etched by your own hand, you gain the ability to have your skin enchanted with armor special abilities as though it was a suit of +1 leather armor. You cannot have a total bonus of armor special abilities higher than +6 . You cannot use this ability to add any armor special abilities to yourself that add a flat gp amount to their cost instead of a bonus equivalent.

>Arbitrarily worse
>Unclear as to whether it makes you get the effects of Leather Armor itself, which could disable monk AC bonuses
>Haha you can't use flat cost stuff because fuck you

For what purpose? Is this the power of Sslarn?

>I have not own a book
It shows.

It is in the past threads, I saw it.

You just need to learn to look.

What?

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER
DO
YOU
SPEAK
IT

What breaks when you remove the GP cost for independent inventions from the Technician and significantly reduce the cost for ammunition for the siege engines? It always struck me as pretty iffy that you had to spend gold on these things, and having to spend gold on class features is kind of /ehhhh/ in my book.

If you're that sure it's there, go ahead and link it. I'm going to keep asking otherwise.

>whaa whaa i'm a child spoonfeed me

I liked the voyager just before the "fake magus" set of updates arrived. It was a high tier 3 class, powerful yet ultimately not game-breaking, and certainly nothing like optimized Path of War as far as combat potency was concerned.

The pre-"fake magus" voyager had its flaws. The dwarf/elf/orc FCBs were too strong, and its playstyle monotonously revolved around spamming fast-forward and speeding strike. Still, it actually felt like a teleport-skirmishing master of space and time. The way a voyager zoomed in, teleported past an enemy to savage it for huge damage, and then teleported away was highly distinct. Quite satisfying, it was, and unique. If only there were more options on the level of fast-forward and speeding strike so as to encourage a voyager to mix up their playstyle from round to round, and if only there was little need for a voyager to run back and forth between two squares, the class would have been perfect for me.

~

Then, two rounds of "fake magus"-ification ensued. The voyager loses a good chunk of its power given the removal of speeding strike and the downgrade to fast-forward. This only serves to make running back and forth between two squares even more necessary, and it means that a voyager's playstyle can be more easily disrupted by enemies closing in with their threatened areas. But hey, at least a voyager gets to preserve full momentum using assisted escape, so a voyager is behooved to prepare for battle by... running back and forth between two squares just before the fight breaks out?

In theory, the voyager compensates for this using manifestation of speed's augmented attacks... but those cost either momentum or power points. Momentum costs are a bitter pill to swallow; with the nigh-mandatory Amplified Momentum feat, each point of momentum is worth 4.5 average damage, or +3 AC and Reflex for a round, so the voyager has to wonder if an augmented attack is really worth the momentum cost.

As for power points, throughout the lower levels (1 to 7 or so), a voyager simply does not have the power points to finance round-to-round power point expenditures. Paizo's half-caster gishes do not worry about this because they tend to save their spell slots for pre-battle buffing and noncombat utility, maybe with a single pop of a mid-combat swift/immediate spell to support a gishy playstyle, like an inquisitor litany. The magus is an exception, but the magus makes up for this with the fact that its damage-dealing spells automatically scale in damage without costing power points, and with the ever-important spell recall for more fuel for round to round.

The voyager does not have the luxury of spell recall, despite being pushed into a "fake magus" playstyle with power channel. All it has is stored power, which allows the voyager to carry over power points equal to 1/3rd of their maximum... from the previous day. If the voyager goes adventuring only every other day, that is great! They win fabulous prizes. If not, because they are on an active adventure in a single location and they have to get back to adventuring work the following day... then the voyager gains absolutely nothing, probably because they tapped out their power points the previous day. This is awful design far too dependent on the mercy of a GM's adventure structure over the course of several days. The magus's spell recall does not have to deal with this.

I know this from experience: I GM for a 6th-level voyager with Intelligence 20. Between pre-combat buffs and a single use of object reading outside of combat, they were completely tapped out of power points just as they entered the third battle of the day... with one more battle remaining down the line. They never bothered with power channel at all, or neat swift action powers like repositioning strike; they could not afford it.

Power channel is a bad idea to begin with. I do not see a reason to bother with it. A voyager should save their momentum for actually killing people and defending themselves, and conserve their power points for pre-battle buffs, noncombat utility, and maybe a single swift/immediate action power mid-combat, just like every other half-caster. A voyager gains nothing from being a fake magus and channeling a cost-ineffective Expanded Knowledge (energy ray), which, by the way, is thematically silly given that the spacetime-manipulator is suddenly slashing with fire and frost.

And as additional salt on the wound, the voyager's noncombat utility was also compromised by the bizarre and unnecessary delay of information exchange to 6th level. There was no need for that to have happened.

I do not like the new voyager. I wish that this "fake magus"-ification would go away, and that the voyager would focus more on unique class features to support a "teleport-skirmishing master of space and time" playstyle. If only there were more combinations like fast-forward and speeding strike so as to give more great options from round to round, and if only running back and forth between two squares was less necessary, then that would be lovely.

>I cannot use the archive to keep going backwards

I hate pathfinder, don't even play it, but the anime degeneracy is what keeps bringing me back here.

Have the Ranger Archetypes been posted? I don't see them in the past threads.

Any new combat styles for Rangers and Slayers?

Barbarian archetypes?

have the brawler archetypes from UW been leaked yet? I check the past few threads but didn't find them

No.56222576 No.56222589
Brawler stuff

Let's do a /pfg/ edition of again! Don't fill in what doesn't apply, like casting a spell.

>Made Leader:

>Select 1:
>Select 2:
>Select 3:

>Action 1:
>Action 2:
>Action 3:

>Battle Cry:
>Critical Hit:
>Critical Miss:
>Badly Hurt:
>Death Rattle:

>Bored:
>Casting a Spell:
>Stealth:
>Picking Pocket:
>Inventory Full:

>Rare Select 1:
>Rare Select 2:
>Rare Select 3:
>Rare Select 4:

My being the perma-DM since 2011 has made this exercise depressing.

Do it for an NPC!

>Posting a slut responsible for the worst war crime of ww2

I have never posted here for advice, but maybe someone would be willing to help me out.

I'm playing in a Pathfinder game that uses 3.5 Gestalt rules from unearthed Arcana, and 3.5 materials are allowed as well. I want to build a character with the 3E weapon Bladed Gauntlet which is a light weapon 1d6 damage, and 17-20 crit range (yes it was approved as written in the book even considering its revision.)

20 point buy, and you have to stick to your 2 classes 1-20. 3rd party is allowed case by case, but I have Stalker approved so far. I'm thinking a Fighter/Stalker no archetypes right now.

Advice?

>Shadowverse
>animeposting
lel

Is anyone besides 2hu even keeping up with the Voyager updates?
Does anyone like them?

What's your plan for the build? Stalker is going to be interesting given that it gets something that can extent your crit range to 16-20, but it's definitely a class that favors Dexbuilding. Using your Fighter feats to critfish is probably going to be important as well, so keep that in mind for later levels.

Does anyone like 2hu or does anyone like the Voyager? I'm not sure about the first, but much like the highlord, there's just not a lot of excitement out of DSP's stuff, outside of the one or two people that playtest these things. And the classes probably won't get more popular as they get released.

It's DSP content right? I assume it's unnecessarily feature complete power creep, like EVERY FUCKING THING THEY RELEASE

From a business standpoint, it sort of makes sense. Why would someone buy your product full of new classes, if they weren't better than 1pp? Stuff that adds options to 1pp classes like archetypes, talents and shit is all providing options to known concepts so it's a bit different than trying to market a whole new class. Most people that actually pay money (i.e. not us) for these things don't care about interesting mechanical subsystems or design.

DSP regularly makes things that increase the power of tier 3 or lower classes, but none of these things make those classes as powerful as tier 1 or 2 classes.

Got in to D&D, been playing 5e because people have told me it is easier to get in to and the battles/mechanics go more smooth. Now that I got some games and played some classes, I'm considering Pathfinder since I heard it lets you play the very specific type of character you want.

With that said I heard there are huge "noob traps" and the number crunching/mechanic checks can become a hassle. Is this true? I might as well not have a specific character/style I want if he/she is going to be useless anyway.

Isn't 2hu saying the voyager is getting shittier?

>With that said I heard there are huge "noob traps" and the number crunching/mechanic checks can become a hassle. Is this true?

It is 100% true. However, if you use third party material (especially Path of War or Spheres of Might) the number of viable concepts expands tremendously.

>I might as well not have a specific character/style I want if he/she is going to be useless anyway.

What do you have in mind?

>Is this true?
Yes sadly. Many of the feats and various other options in the game are trash, and tend to not be worth the paper they are printed on. Heck, the latest book, Ultimate Wilderness, was around 50% reprints from various splats with a bunch of nerfs, and some of the few unique mechanics in said book were trash and made irrelevant by previously existing options, including a whole entire class.

Pathfinder has a shit load of options, true, but sometimes it can be annoying trying to sift through the options for the ones that are actually worth the investment. And generally you'll have to spend time scrounging for the small bits and pieces scattered across different splats that can actually make your build or character idea work.

Also, color me curious, what did you have in mind to make?

Unfortunately, Pathfinder does carry on the 3rd Edition Ivory Tower design. However, there's usually a way to make your ideas at least respectably viable (though it often requires highly specific character choices)-most official adventures aren't very difficult, so you have a pretty forgiving baseline to start from.

I was thinking of doing Crane Style, but it doesn't work out too well if I were to do TWF. I was considering using Deadly Agility or whatever does dex to light weapons, and TWF with a crazy crit build (12-20 at 8th level), but I don't think I will go into crit feats unless there are gems I'm missing.

Stalker arts have an ability to be proficient with Monk weapons, and I will save a feat by applying a mod to the gauntlets that'll count them as monk weapons (Adventurers Armory 2 thing).

So if people know better options in achieving a crit monster build with TWF, and high AC I'd like to hear it.

Oh, GM doesn't want to allow the Riven Hourglass stance because he feels like it's too much AC, but will allow the Thrashing Dragon level 1 stance that gradually gets AC and Will save bonuses.

A haughty, flashy Dex fencing Bard with spells that are only support. Light armor only and focusing on dodging/riposting at the front lines. Won't hit as hard as Fighters/Barbarians, but can still contribute to holding the front. Will use support spells when necessary.

Similar to College of Swords in 5e. But not making me or the other players feel like I'm wasting potential by not classing in to full spell utility or going Valor Bard instead.

Deimosaur has been listening, apparently.

>Stored Power (Su): At 4th level, a voyager’s mind gathers and stores excess psionic power from her parallel timelines. She gains a second pool of power points that she can draw upon when she would normally spend power points. This second pool can contain a maximum amount of power points in this way equal to 1/3 of her normal maximum power points from voyager levels (including bonus power points from her Intelligence). Power points from the voyager’s stored power pool are treated as part of her normal pool for the purposes of manifesting powers; she may pay power costs partially with stored power and partially with normal power points, if she wishes.

>When the voyager spends power points from this second pool, she gains points of momentum equal to half the power points spent. Whenever the voyager regains power points after a night’s rest, this secondary pool of power refills as well.

Also, for goodness's sake, those voyager bonus feats should be free. They are minor combat ribbons anyway; I do not see the need for them to come at the price of powers known.

If you're looking for high AC as a Gestalt it doesn't get much higher than Unchained Monk/Vigilante archetyped Stalker, which still facilitates the Dex build (albeit the TWF isn't facilitated as much as it is replaced with flurrying), but with that you literally get 3 stats to AC and a whole bunch of options to choose from with various Ki Powers and Stalker Arts, it gets kooky real fast.

That said, it looks like you're already on the right track if you want to do Fighter instead, so just keep doing what you're doing.

It is. 2hu is a fucking faggot autist, but they're usually not terribly wrong about the direction of balances. They were saying Broken Blade, Zenith Strikes, the wis-swapping initiators, Reflected Blade Style, Deadly Agility and Elephant in the Room. were all busted to hell long before we did.

Why does Paizo hate white people?

It's okay to be white.

Yeah, Bard's probably got something in its archetypes that'll do whatcha want.

Bard's a solid class.

What about the Vigilante Stalker would be beneficial to AC or for that matter a better pick than normal Stalker?

>16-20
Fuck that, drop keen on your weapon, pick up the critical edge stalker art, Deadly Pairing, and Circling Mongoose and you're at 11-20 threat range.

So why do we still allow all that shit?

Is it?

You can't get Wis to AC twice since it's coming from the same stat, so if you want to gain the benefits of both classes you need the Vigilante since it pulls it from Int instead.

It's okay to be white.

/pol/

Does Paizo think it's okay to be white?

Spite, most people aren't nearly autistic enough to "break" things as hard as he yells, and his entire argument about DA/Elephent is "delete fun" rather than "adjust it to fix the problem".

This is actually pretty practical. Bard is a solid class, and Dex/Cha is one of the stat combinations that's generally well supported (halflings, catfolk, dhampir, various planetouched races, etc).

A couple of things to keep in mind:

- All first-party mechanics to do active riposte stuff (rather than just buffing AC or using other defenses) generally kind of suck. If you want to do that kind of thing, you'll want to use the third party books Path of War (you get a bunch of once-per-encounter "maneuvers", and they include things like interrupting other peoples' attacks) or Spheres of Might (you get access to a huge talent tree of different at-will abilities you can buy into).

- For front-lining, you'll want to look at the Arcane Duelist or Thundercaller archetypes for Bard, which trade away some of the social stuffs for very extra combat benefits.

- Paizo really hates letting people get Dexterity to damage, so if you want respectable damage you're basically obligated to take the feat Dervish Dance or (if you're using 3PP) the feat Deadly Agility.

How is that /pol/? People keep shitting on white people just for being white, and people are trying to tell them that they didn't do anything bad by being white. What's wrong with that?

>muh reverse racism

Because you can't stop it, user. We've tried.

Fuck off Startoad

Why the fuck do I have to pay for the sins of my father? Where I come from shouldn't fucking matter.

>his entire argument about DA/Elephent is "delete fun" rather than "adjust it to fix the problem".
Just don't give free Weapon Finesse and make Power Attack require Str 13+ you big baby.

Because despite being "broken" by people with no sense of community enjoyment, those subsystems are better than the bland 1pp martials.

What ability from Stalker gives wisdom to AC? I see on d20pfsrd that you add your initator modifier to your AC when you full round regain maneuvers, but nothing else.

That's what I'm saying, though. Your race doesn't mean anything. Black, white, yellow, brown, whatever. Doesn't matter. You are who you are, and you should be judged on that, not what color you are or where you come from.

What?

Who?

Is anybody in /pfg/ games using these kinds of exploits to the detriment of community enjoyment?

>Your race doesn't mean anything.

Luckily, with the rise of globalism and the idea countries should merely have "largest minorities" rather than any majority, ethnic politics will become far more common in the years to come.

Why? Because it's easier for the rich man to point out the brown people and say they're the source of your woes, rather than the wealthy. They did it during the Industrial Revolution, they're doing it today. If you can't convince the white man to follow you, than you just have to get rid of the white man.

Power Attack requiring 13+ Str is part of "fixing the problem" though, making Finesse a tax again is still retarded and does not "solve" anything, and any "change" involving DA has so many split opinions nobody ever bothers to try to fix it lest people scream that they did it the "wrong way".

I am.

Fixes for the whiny strfags
>Make DA have str penalties
>Don't give 1.5x DA and free PA
>If you give PA, maybe have a str prereq to get the two handed part (Piranha Strike still exists)
>Maybe just replace DA with Lethal Grace scaling off of level
>Maybe just have a feat that gives str to AC or reflex
>Do literally anything other than whine and say "but muh str, dex reeeeee"

Nope, it's just autism whining

That's the one, I was mistaken in implying that the bonus was on at all times, but regardless the bonus it gives aside from that stacks better with Vigilante than Classic if you're gestalting with the UC Monk, since Monk already has a Ki Pool and everything that implies.

Gestalting with Fighter you're better off with Classic Stalker though.

You're in luck, Bards can already do that, and your Inspire Courage can allow you to hit pretty damned well. There's also the somewhat newer Skald class which also does that just fine

However, one problem is that dodging and ripostes don't really work too well in PF, and the one class that has access to those abilities, the Swashbuckler, eats seven kinds of shit.

So, there's actually several ways you can slice this
>Bard
Both the Arcane Duelist and Dervish Dancer archetypes are good for this
>Skald
Arguably the better class for fighting up close. Spell Warrior Archetype is especially great for it.

If you absolutely must have the ability to party and riposte, the I guess you "could" take a single level in Swashbuckler, but no more than that! Better alternatives would be taking the Duelist's Parry spell instead or advancing up the Swordplay Style feat tree (though this may take way too long into the mid-late game)

>Human Vigilante (Stalker) | Spell Sage (Wizard) for the one-shot next week in Faerun
>Made Leader: Time to earn our keep.

>Select 1: "Good morning"
>Select 2: "We're moving out"
>Select 3: "My sword and spells are ready"

>Action 1: "Let's improvise"
>Action 2: "Be very careful. This is delicate work."
>Action 3: "This won't take long"

>Battle Cry: "ATTACK!!!"
>Critical Hit: "I'm a genius"
>Critical Miss: "Oh No"
>Badly Hurt: "Need some help here"
>Death Rattle: "I have too many debts left..."

>Bored: "I could be sleeping right now"
>Casting a Spell: "Suffer me"
>Stealth: "You can never be too invisible" (Body of the Night + Invisibility)
>Picking Pocket: "I can figure this out" (uses Inspiration)
>Inventory Full: "I should have crafted that Bag of Holding"

>Rare Select 1: "Aundair Dares"
>Rare Select 2: "I'm from the Mercane Trading Union, and I'd like to discuss your bill."
>Rare Select 3: "Nice weapon. I can build you something to go with it."
>Rare Select 4: "This world is creepy."

>those subsystems are better than the bland 1pp martials.
Why doesn't everyone play gishes?

I mean, everyone gravitates to the (Su) disciplines in Path of War, except for maybe Scarlet Throne...

>Faerun
>Aundair
???????????????????????????

Because magic is a massive part of the system, be it movement, dealing with incorporeal, aoe, control, or buffing. Magic generally does it better.

Gishes need a capacity to self buff, but frequently have shit action economy to do so.

So buff before the fight, genius.

People in Faerun knows there's alternate Primes. People in Eberron do not. The character works for the Mercanes as a Repo agent.

Beats fighting in a war that's gone on forever.

Everybody, post classes/races/monsters/feats/spells/archetypes/etc you with Paizo would print.