Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Preorders for the core game still going on:
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Was nominated for both roles in the "Murder" Settlement Event: What's the biggest settlement you've had?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk
youtube.com/watch?v=ShG1EeMfL1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Favorite girl?

Excellently taste my friend.

Does the Graves death principle effect activate after a special showdown? For example, if the King's Man wipes my party do I gain 8 endeavours right then?

is this the same girl from the comic in the rule book?

Yep. At least, the image on the right would be, it could be debated whether the original pinup survivor is Aya, but it was identified as her at at least one point.

Of the 1.5 Crowd, pic related, but Death Armor and Dragon Goblin are also top tier.

>17 pieces to assemble PU Warrior of the Sun
This is significantly more stressful than it should be

She can be a little tough but she's worth it. Best current pinup, IMO.

I'm trying to dry fit everything together right now. It's not going well, my hands aren't dextrous enough. The body all fits together well, I think I'm just going to go for it and base it all

IMO, paint it before finishing assembly Build the girl, the base sans tentacle, and leave the tentacle off for last.

She’s in the top five models out of the hundreds I own for her sweet dynamic design, but those wrist-ribbons were a nightmare to get mounted properly before I got fed up with CA and switched over to plastic cement.

The boobs are nice too.

are the back ribbons better?

They weren’t so bad. Getting leverage on the attachment point for the wrist ribbons was a challenge with the swords in the way blocking clear access.

Ribbons onto arms then onto body?

Or arms onto body then ribbons onto arms?

It’s been almost a year since I put her together, but I do remember putting her arms on first. Maybe that was a mistake?

I put her arms on first too and didn't have a problem, but then I was using my thin superglue, and it attached pretty well. the parts were kinda fiddly though.

All the KD models have a true scale thinness. I remindes me of when I played Malifaux. I'm overjoyed by the fact the unlike being stuck with CA to hold the metal Wyrd mini's, KD is Polystyrene and I can use a Toluene based glue to weld the mini together.

After Red Savior completely cheesed it with the automatic hits and our beacon shield tank, we somehow beat the King's Man.

But seriously, the acid blood Trap card? 7 ACID DAMAGE?! That's it, time to get shields and/or bows for everyone.

My party is deciding to fight the King's Man because we rolled shit on the armored stranger event.
How screwed are we? No casualties on Butcher lvl1, had two White Lion lvl 2 hunts with no problem.

H
A
V
E
F
U
N

Learn from me: GET. A. SHIELD. The best one you can. Invest in fucktons of evasion. Get a weapon with lots of attacks (a certain fast weapon turns out to be especially effect hurting him...) and fish for crits to get that speed down.He not only hits hard, he hits fast and he can attack in an AoE in front of him.

Will get shield, we current weapons:
Butcher's Cleaver
Cat Gut Bow with Bone Claw Arrow (White Lion Arrow)
Bone Dagger
Steel Sword
King's Spear

These ok, or did we fuck up?

Your equipment seems alright. Armor matters more in the long run though. Full rawhide set bonus is amazing for how lowly it is.

To add, shields will also give you armor in all locations as well as an option to block attacks.

Space out. Hopefully have dash. Get someone with kings step ASAP. Surge like crazy when you get battle pressure off, though be careful of the trap. Stack whatever evasion you can. Have someone with full leather tank as many hits as they can since leather ignores bash, which his basic attack causes. Also just pray.

Once you know the fight kingsman isn't that hard imo, but your first time going in without really knowing what's gonna happen can be absolutely brutal, definitely more so than the butcher. Butcher is just a tough fight, but there isn't much to it other than hoping you roll well and being careful, kingsman is much more about preparation.

The Spear user has a full raw-hide set
Cleaver user and the Sword user have a mismatched Raw-hide and White Lion set
Me, lowly archer, I got a head band and the Cat's-Eye Circlet

We all also have a Monster-Tooth Necklace too

And Thanks for advice guys

If possible, get all the white lion gear onto one guy rather than splitting it up. It's for a very specific reason that I won't spoil, but needless to say you're not going to want too many guys with heavy gear at a time for kingsman.

Still trying not to spoil anything, we can't stress enough how much you need to look out for the trap. It's can be the most punishing one in the game depending on how far into the fight you are/how prepared you were for it. The biggest hint I can give you is that on my current campaign, I had 3 shields, and my 4th guy was using a bow. Hate to give so much information for something you haven't experienced yet but it's really kind of bullshit.

It's alright man, we really should consolidate armor sets.
Our Spear user has the Spear Specialization so we have a shot at disarming the trap, my Archer can also use the Cat-Eye Circlet to find it and "safely" spring it if it has an AoE.

You lucked out and got both a cleaver and steel sword that early.

If you can manage to make three leather shields, you'll be rather set for a good while.

Just know that Cateye Circlet doesn't let you see past his Battle Pressure cards. You have to strip those off before too before getting to read his mind.

30. Protect the Young is some shit.
With savior rules being limited to 1 in 1.5 we'll be having even more due to more twin procs.

WHERE IS MY UPGRADE PACK?
REEEEEEEE!!!

Kingdom death music?
I know the Dark souls sound track is petty good, what other music fits the mood? Any recommendation?

1.5 scan when

Bloodborne more so.

Butcher theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk

check any of the berserk OSTs youtube.com/watch?v=ShG1EeMfL1k

Perturbator.

Just got FPK'd by the kingsman, am i a scrub? also how do I recover a campaign (I still have a saviour and a pretty strong red fist user, but I did lose 3 of my strongest survivors including my twlight sword user who had 2 acc and 3str + 3 lvl's in the sword)

You're fine if you got decent gear in settlement storage. Plenty of LY's left to grow meat shields for your gear.

>how do I recover a campaign
Keep calm and carry on. Everyone is disposable.
Though you probably should have thrown Savior into that one and either burn her out killing him or die trying.

>d fist user, but I did lose 3 of my strongest survivors including my twlight sword user who had 2 acc and 3str + 3 lvl's in the sword)
>>>
> Anonymous 11/05/17(Sun)20:28:05 No.56251944▶
>
>You're fine if you got decent gear in settlement storage. Plenty of LY's left to grow meat shields for your gear.

Just to clarify, I keep the gear my survivors that wiped had right?

Yes, unless the defeat conditions of a showdown specify otherwise.

You always keep the gear except if it has "irreplaceable" keyword or if the game explicitly tells you to archive it

Irreplaceable is gone (eg. Twilight Sword), the rest you get to keep.

>Settlement even: Rivals
>nominate two disposable girls
>they duke it out, roll awesome, and get Partnership
Apparently we just discovered true love through lesbian hatesex.

How long will the pre-orders be available? Also, can you guys tell me how you've liked the game so far? What has been your experience with it playing solo and with a group? Is it a hard game tp teach others? Thank you.

Poots time works in mysterious ways. But I would say it's gonna stay open until Black Friday.

red fist fighting art (you can use str tokens instead of survival) and effects that stop you spending survival, can I use the tokens or not?

Rule of Death.

Doesn't really clarify anything

You always play the way that makes it harder for the survivors

"muh Rule of Death"
Fuck off with that shit.
"Can a survivor with the Red Fist secret fighting art and the Apathetic disorder spend their strength token as if it were survival?
Yes."
Taken from the KD FAQ.
It can be assumed that it would apply in other circumstances where Survival could not be spent as well.

Great thanks, this is the exact scenario I found myself in

Is it just me, or are most of the settlement events utter bullshit?

Many are unfavorable, yes.

We have to take turns drawing them because "I don't want it to be my fault this time"

Good to see I'm not unreasonably crazy this time

How do I deal with this?
besides taking better care of my nails

file whatever is holding you out too far?

Kay, thanks.
Is there a special kind of file I should use?
Is there any difference between brands of plastic cement?

>Paint mini
>Take picture
>Find half a dozen mistakes
This is stressful

I've since painted the tube top orange, and her scarf blue, and touched up the skin some.

I'm confused, how do I get the Catarium?

We fought a Screaming Antelope tonight and it was suspiciously easy. But I think we just rolled well. Butcher next, so I know we gonna die.

Also, opinions on my Frankenhunter?

May want to thin your paints a bit more, looks a bit chalky

You get it automatically after hunting the lion for the first time after the prologue. Look in the aftermath/rewards section. Same goes with the plumery for phoenix later on. Stone circle (the antelope location) had to be built with resources though

Also antelope is definitely easier than lion, at least in my opinion. Level 2 antelope vs level 2 lion may be a different story though, because the level 2 antelope gets one of the most annoying fucking traits in the entire game where it's just constantly running around. It honestly doesn't make the fight that much harder in terms of needing more gear and such to be able to kill it, it just turns it into more of an endurance match because you need to deal with being able to survive the showdown long enough to actually catch it and get some hits in.

Level 1 antelope is a cakewalk half the time though, so yeah.

Here's another angle
Well shit. I'm blind.

You talking about on the boobs?

And that's what I get for buying new paint for the new mini and not testing it properly; very poorly mixed and it was a struggle to fix

They're talking about everywhere, all your paints are far too thick. Rule of thumb is that if you can see brush strokes (or in this case, flaking in some places) then your paints are too thick. Should be the consistency of milk going on.

What's the replayability of this game? Is it a good solo game? I've been thinking or either getring rhis or Gloomhaven

Very, and yes. If you want to try it out before diving in for hundreds of dollars you can play it on Tabletop simulator.

As someone who owns both, even just the core set of KD:M has more replayability than Gloomhaven. And that says a lot, because I've put about 300 hours into Gloomhaven.

And then you add in expansions? The world's your fucking oyster, man.

If I take that mask off, will he die?

Is Gloomhaven fun? I did not and will not ever buy it, just curious because a friend has it coming and I'm wondering if it will be fun enough to start a campaign with him.

I absolutely adored it. It's a very different game from KD:M, but it's smart as fuck. It's basically a euro that masquerades as a dungeon crawler, and I mean that in the best way possible.

plz nu bain post s-sempai-kun

Ok, I won't for you

nuu!!

How the hell do you build barber surgeon in 1.5??

It says both on the location card and in this thread. +1 brain damage.

The settlement card wasn't updated in 1.5, and there's not a single mention in this thread about the barber surgeon. You rolled an 8 on the brain trauma table

I'll take it.

And to build it innovate pottery and chase down/contract kill a L2 antelope.

Paint is too thick, can see brush strokes, you've also gotta work on your lines and minor details a bit more. It wouldn't hurt to vary some shading on those straps either.

What's the lore behind the various cities outside of the plains/where Manhunter comes from?

So, if I pre-order now, it'll be here by Christmas?

who knows man

Honestly?
Probably not. you might, but probably not

Poots is trying his hardest man, he's trying to get the game into kickstarter backers hands, then late backers, then pre-orders. He's shooting to hopefully reach pre-orders end of november, so if you live in the US, maybe, if you don't, probably not.

Bezorger heeft nog 5 stops voor hij je pakket bezorgt.

30 MINUTES LEFT

I try man. I feel like I have depth perception issues, need to get a magnifying glass for my desk.

The flaking on the chest was from when I was looking top down on them and trying to layer some blending, and didn't realize I was brushing a pile of pigment onto the front. I've cleaned it off and tried to cover it up.

The color stripes on the thigh are from me getting green from the strap onto the skin and trying to cover that back up. I didn't notice till the picture and have since blended it as best as I could.

I was so focused on the legs and chest I didn't notice the fuck up on the straps. This shit is hard.

Ambit missing something else?

I feel like I’d have better feelings about user Survivor if the guy that inspired it wasn’t so obnoxious in thread. Literally every thread for a month was “GUYS LET ME REPEAT THIS STORY (((AGAIN)))! IM SO AMAZING AND POOTS IS GOING TO HIRE ME FOR THIS!11!!1” Got annoying.

Is there just like, a list of all the various monsters/characters from it somewhere? I'm looking to rip some of it for a tabletop session.