Ever played as or with a character of deliberately unknown sex?

Ever played as or with a character of deliberately unknown sex?

>How did it go?
>How was it done?
>Was the player a tumblrina?
>What did they turn out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldcosplay.net/en/member/shirogane_sama
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A genderless shapeshifter. Went pretty normal. I cant roleplay females for shit though, so it was kinda bad whenever I was masquerading as a woman.

A skeleton named Alex. Not knowing the character's sex was kind of a running joke for the rest of the team since nobody had enough knowledge to guess on the bones' size.

I played a secret agent-ish character derived from Mio the ninja from L5R. Story is, they’re a male ninja, but fell in love with the environment of a female role they once had, and so became the mask.

People called me a fag.

I played a Chopper called Hammer in Apocalypse World. My intention was to play them as of unknown sex (having suffered serious burns over much of their body such as to render their chest and crotch ambiguously scarred). The pronoun "he" crept in and the gender ambiguity sort of faded away from the character.

Every time I try this I always get someone bitching that they "can't relate to the character". Well if you want to relate to a racist sociopath be my guest, but I would rather you realized we're playing unapologetic villains in a post-apoc 1970s Europe that broke out nuclear weapons during WW2 (and we pushed the buttons)

I've done it a few times but my group just tends to assume a gender for them and I don't care enough to bring it up

FWIW that sounds like a neat concept.

Yes.
No one cared, they assumed it was a cheap elf joke.
No.
A cuntboy.

Is there any real difference between a cuntboy and a reverse trap?

IIRC cuntboy is tranny while reverse trap is just a chick that looks like a dude.

Never did that. I guess I could accept it from a player if it's played as a joke rather than "to make a point" or something.

Thats because you are a fag too.

Actually, I'm playing with one right now.

The GM bequeathed one of our characters with a sentient shield. Said shield has a childlike innocence and is adorable. To the point that the entire party OOC threatened to go after another player and his PC if he in any way corrupted said innocence.

This also lead to my PC confessing his love for another PC. Sort of. But I digress.

Anyways, the party couldn't agree on much about the shield. The GM and another character who was involved in its construction weren't certain whether it was wood or metal (the rest of the party thought it was metal), there was debate over whether it had already had its innocence defiled by VERY NSFW things that happened in the room it was stored in (the answer was no. It wasn't sentient yet). And then there was its gender. Half the party thought it was male, half the party thought it was female - based on voice, as the pitch and tone hadn't been described. Eventually, the GM gave a shrug and said that it was really androgynous and possibly genderfluid - or it may not even have a gender at all, being a shield - thus resolving the debate.

This has changed nothing, and basically had no effect thus far. The shield is still the sweetest and most innocent character, and the DM still thinks it might be her favorite character of the ones she writes.

> cuntboy is tranny while reverse trap is just a chick that looks like a dude

So its literally the same thing then?

I think he means one got a sex change without hormone therapy.

:/

Played an androgynously figured and voiced elf who covered up as much as possible because they had a
crippling phobia of being seen. (Their hat even had a retractable veil they could drop when eating to obscure their face while eating.)

The game ended before it became
much of and issue. He (they were actually male) also had a large family that we never met any of the members of in game. (None of them had the same kind of mental issues about being seen)

- Cuntboy is a woman that thinks she's a literal man. Mental illness.
- A reverse trap is a woman that thinks she's a woman, but styles herself like a man. No mental illness.

Traps in heterosexual relationships is my fetish.

>Spoiler
Good lad

>A cuntboy

How exactly would one drop this on a party without instantly being ousted as extreme fetishbait

You can't.

Say he was a eunuch

Yes actually, the character wore an old timey diving suit so the gender was never clear. The joke was that if they ever took it off, depending on whom was to see, they'd be like a super hot swimsuit wearing person of the opposite gender.

>Reverse trap
Girl what dresses like a boy.
>Cuntboi
Man with clearly defined male traits, often ripped, but with a cunt.

Reminder that Crona is canonically a girl

Played a gnoll with a gender-neutral name once. Never declared a sex, all the other players just saw "huge and fuzzy" and asked a few times, but the GM always cut them off with something happening when I was about to respond.
The other players eventually assumed male.

I've read the entire manga, in nip, he is consistently referred to in a neutral fashion.

Nah, seems pretty dumb.

Isn't a cuntboy just a masculine woman, often flat? Whether that be really masculine, or just twinkish.

>Man with clearly defined male traits, often ripped, but with a cunt.
That's a girl, user. Only girls have vaginas.

Tried it with the Freak when running Unknown Armies. Quite hard, as we play in a language that doesn't have genderless pronouns. Just finding ways to talk about it without sounding weird was a challenge.

>tg in a nutshell

A tumblry friend of mine apparently has a gender neutral rock gnome in her DnD group. It's very much a dickish thing to do but I've joked around with the rest of my buddies cause she takes it seriously.

More than once, though only two characters come to mind in games that finished.

>How did it go?
Really well, most of my group don't really freak out over these things. The initial memes had me a little bit worried for my first try.

>How was it done?
For the first one, I just used entirely neutral language when describing anything related to them. It helped that the character was kind of childish and out there in behavior.

Second one of note, the character kept changing between male, female and androgynous identities by way of disguises. So I just used gendered language arbitrarily.

>Was the player a tumblrina?
I don't think I am? I sure as fuck hope not.

>What did they turn out to be?
Neither for the first one, I'm pretty sure the second one was a guy.

Everyone just assumed its a dude.

My manly man character punched a girl because he didn't know she was a girl in an AdEva game.

>That's a girl, user. Only girls have vaginas.
Is Buck Angel a woman?

>I didn't understand the ending

I played a female dwarf once. She was buff, bearded, wore heavy armor, and never brought up her gender. She was revealed as female when the whole party was turned into rats and then into humans. Game died after that due to unrelated reasons.

I found myself in a furry D&D game by mistake, and one of the players was playing a chakat.
I ran away before things got too magical realm, luckily.

A friend playing a Dragonborn paladin is actually a female while pretending to be male. Can't wait for them to run into Strahd and have him spill the beans to have distrust grow (he's said he wanted it to be revealed). Speaking of which, what are sexually difference between male and female Dragonborn?

It was...interesting. Player kept swapping up what gender they referred to his character as, character kept saying one thing or another all over the place, different people believed different things or just didn't care.
He wasn't a tumblrina, and this was before tumblr became a big thing.
Character was male, and my character only found out when she started dating him. She didn't give a shit which he was.

By sex? Yes, right down to his DNA. By gender he's a man though, which is convenient since it matches his appearance.

Oh, yes. I once played a masked Fighter on a quest for vengeance. He was very, very male, and was perfectly normal once the mask came off. Because fuck all the people with weird sex stuff.

I tried, because often after finishing a character concept I just can't decide on a sex (or name, for that matter); either just feels wrong. The GM didn't let me, so I tossed a coin. I wish I could've played that properly.

Kind of. Played a super hero who wore a fully body costume, covered their face and everything, and a voice changer. It was more to protect their identity, the unknown sex thing was sort of a by product not the intended result. Eventually came out that she was a girl, a good bit into the game when the team went from random people working together either because they were forced to or just random happenstance to more like a group of real friends.

I played a male yuan ti, he didn't appear at all feminine by humanoid standards. But as I fluff them, yuan ti are completely androgynous and only tell each other's sex apart by scent, so it'd be near impossible for a human to tell their sexes apart and would probably assume they're all male because they're flat chested.

His 'gender' was more complicated and nobody really knew quite what to make of him as the yuan ti have gender roles completely divorced from biological sex, and they're not really 'gender' as anyone understands it but a kind of mix of gender and sexuality that generally had humanoids shaking their heads in confusion.

Yes.
It was a one-off gag. After some shenanigans, the character accidentally picked up a girl stalker.
It never really went anywhere.

I played a street samurai in a shadowrun game who lost their genitals and had them replaced with cyberware instead of getting new ones grown. I never actually decided on a gender and it was never revealed over the course of the campaign.

That reminds me of the shapeshifter Adept I never did get to play. The sort of character that is androgynous-styled-female, but it wouldn't really matter since... you know, shapeshifting.
I'm pretty solidly in the "only 2 genders" camp, but when you use literal magic to change your sex on the fly... that's complicated business.
Would be interesting to explore, but nobody seems to actually play Shadowrun anymore that I can find.

Currently playing with a... very unusual character I guess. The GM very explicitly said we should feel free to make characters from any place or any TIME. A good number of us took this to mean we could pick throughout human history. Two of us ended up being from 1963 exactly, which was hilarious. We also have a naval admiral from the 1800s. We get visited by some fuggen TIME WIZARD that OOC we knew from a previous campaign, but our PCs know jack shit about, who pulls us into the present day. However, one PC is from the future.

A lot of their backstory is still up in the air, but what I've managed to piece together is:
- In the mid-term future, humanity is destroyed somehow.
- A fractal galactic intelligence encompassing large portions of the observable universe is cataloguing all information about things within it.
- Somewhere around the year 3000 it reaches the solar system and establishes infrastructure there to analyse human civilisation in a post-mortem sense.
- The PC was a component of this infrastructure that comprises a being which integrates the galactic intelligence's best understanding of what a human being is at any instantaneous point in time.
- The PC, who lives on Mars, hits some sort of turning point of critical human-ness which results in them being severed from the greater fractal being as they no longer have symmetry with the greater intelligence.
- The TIME WIZARD appears.

Anyway, as far as the party is concerned, they are a robot, a bit of a Ken doll (There was no need to engineer a situation to check, my PC is a tailor and this PC is CONSTANTLY destroying the clothes I make for them as collateral with their various abilities), but it's been made pretty clear that depending on clothes, they're assumed to be one gender or the other very easily. Presumably because said PC simultaneously encompasses all male and female concepts.

I was in a one-shot Call of Cthulhu: Delta Green game where we traveled as humanitarian workers through Myanmar. I played a doctor, and because I hesitated on my gender before putting female, the way it played out was that I apparently was just a very butch woman. I also was secretly in debt to the Chinese mafia (The character was in China). I had an opportunity to sacrifice myself to stop the Elder God from awakening instead of escaping, leading to this exchange.
>"Stop him!"
>"No!"
>"Why?"
>"Because I'm a drug-addicted coward and you all keep saying I look like a man!"
I, along with one other person, was one of two survivors. Neither of us were members of Delta Green, the Secret Service, or secret cultists like the others, but they all stayed and went insane or died or accidentally blew up Malia Obama.

Played. AW.

Pretty cool.
Androginous appereance. In the end a player got to Gaze into the Abyss to discover it.
No, I'm something worse.
Hermaphrodit. Amusignly enough, I think it was the closest to a Magical Realm... and it really wasn't, because it was a very chaste campaign.

Benis and cloaca I assume. Or do you mean in general? I don't know if there is a hard and fast rule about size differences in reptiles.

Female dragonborn are slimmer and have breasts.

Played a halfling wizard who was supposed to be this weird miner who had little to no experience interacting with people outside of this one old guy who hung out in caves. I thought it would be fun to play them as gender neutral as a nice character thing as well as presenting how little experience they had with the world and other people that gender never really came up with them.

My DM shut me down on that fairly early though, for no real reason other than 'i'm not doing that', so the character was addressed as male. Wasn't even trying to be tumblr or make a point, just thought it would be fun.

>implying I don't find out my parties genders in the dead of night
>on the off chance I ever go rogue
>and need to calculate the damage bonus I'd get against them for Ladykiller style perks

Yes. A couple of years ago I played a social infiltrator shadowrunner that was ambiguous to say the least. The character was male with the Androgynous merit. When roleplaying the character I'd switch up mannerisms and method of speech almost every time the character showed up, not to mention wardrobe, and did it in such a way as to leave the rest of the runner team confused as hell. Almost a year of game and the question was only answered the last session during the epilogue.

I played an illusionist Teifling that constantly was using illusions to hide their appearance. They looked quite androgynous and I never stated what their gender was but it was to add to the atmosphere of the character as they were rather creepy.

straight male traps are rarer than unicorns

I'm actually going to play as one in an upcoming game. I felt it went with their "unfeeling former assassin who's emotionally broken" thing. They don't give a fuck what they are, they're just them.

No such thing. Traps are always gay.

Good man.

The funny thing is that even if they got a good look at your character's genitals, it wouldn't really solve the mystery.

Kinda, but it was deliberately unknown everything. Fiendish ancestry meant that the character had all fucked up chickenlimbs, sawmouth and albinism. They were an illusionist by talent and a bard by trade, but nobody wants to listen to or look at a bard who resembles some kind of emaciated cave-dweller and moves like an insect, so they projected layers of illusion over to take the appearance of a classically handsome swashbuckling fancy-hat type adventurer, instead.

Didn't get found out until like a year and a half into the campaign, when the character was inadvertently caught in an antimagic field and all those layered illusions were dashed. She didn't take it well, threw a bunch of horrifying illusions around, then ran away crying.

A little cringeworthy in retrospect, but nobody seemed to mind and it was a fun campaign.

Even literal trannies are not all homosexuals so I doubt it.

I recently played an elven warlock, and decided to play up the gothy androgyny by playing it as a big mystery, Order of the Stick style.

Unfortunately, I'm a shitty roleplayer so I would keep accidentally dropping in male pronouns because I originally conceived of the character as male.

Nobody really seemed to care. Nor, particularly, to notice. Funny enough, this was a party that also had a female-to-male transman character who was half elf.

I think that my elf (I always tried to stick to definite articles and just avoid pronouns in general) was probably male, but came from an era and society where elven masculinity was looked down upon and just internalized that androgyny. I also wanted to have a scene where the elf implies that it has ancestry of some kind over the half elf (or some elf NPC), thus revealing the elf had children in the past, and then leave it ambiguous as to whether they were fathered or mothered by my elf.

It was at least fun playing up the time-lost nature of elves, usually I play elves as just frail, feminine humans, it's rare I get the opportunity to play one who reluctantly hands a sword over to a guard before meeting a kingdom and warns him "Be careful with that weapon, it's older than your civilization."

>>How did it go?
Nobody particularly cared. Jokes about traps were made though.
>>How was it done? What did they turn out to be?
It was an NPC with the picture that really looked like a woman. The GM said it was a male though: nobody asked the NPC for their gender, so we took his word for it.
>>Was the player a tumblrina?
Naw, I don't think the GM goes on tumblr and that sort of shit. It was probably just a moment of confusion: none of us went magical realm though, so it was 'k.

She was a cloistered cleric who dressed in very concealing clothing and was deliberately androgynous (and quite pretty).

Decent gay ones aren't too common either, unfortunately.

What makes someone decently gay, though?

Willingly letting me stick it in their pooper I guess.

Monogamous and unattached.

Couldn't live without the monogamy myself and unattached is much better than needy.

I always thought he was dude. If you can't tell if something is a chick(thought his mom forced him to wear dresses)then it's a dude by default. That's how straight people play it safe.
I FUCKING HATE TRAPS

Not really, though I've had the idea kicking around in my head to play a genderfluid shapeshifter someday (no particular attachment to "true" form, its gender included; wears whatever face they feel like today if not impersonating someone.)

>young boys being VA'd by women
>teenage boys being VA'd by women
Not gay if you close your eyes and listen.

captcha:
>queretaro

>That's how straight people play it safe.
Wouldn't that be the more dangerous way to play, for straight women?

Goku is a grandpa was voiced by a woman.

Japanese characters genders cannot be taken by the voice actors gender

Woman are more likely to sleep with a feminine looking man. So sorry should have said straight MEN.

Before anyone bugs me for the sauce...

worldcosplay.net/en/member/shirogane_sama

I only watched the animu so I could beat off to his dub voice.

I watched dubs for Maka giggles.

Yes actually. I made a Teifling female, DAM wanted me to roll the random feature thing. Got dick on my girl because 3% chance or something. Now for the story of how I kept my party from know I wasn't actually a girl, and how they found out!

>Being plate wearing Teifling fuck
>Party of generic players.
>Do small quest around town to warm up.
>Catch quest that will hook us on the main plot.
>Always spend my money for my own room and bought a lock to use on my door.
>Never had any problems so far because full plate and a city setting.
>Our new quest has us go into the desert and into the woods a short bit.
>Ohshit.jpg
>This means camping!
>Don't really care or worry. Just buy my own small tent (not adnormal at all)
>Get to edge of Forrest and decide to camp.
>Late in the night wolves sneak in.
>Our watchman was a squishy who didn't want to die...and was a dumb cunt.
>He watch them sneak into my tent exspecting the fighting to wake everyone up.
>I was prone and sleep and they Coup Da Grawed my ass
>Party kills wolves mo problem.
>Loot my body and see my cock.

Good story no?

L5R, Scorpion who covered up quite well. It was interesting to do, but ultimately tiring because the game was in text and avoiding genderisation was difficult.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

>female
>roll for dick

Teifling in pathfinder have a chart you can roll on when making a character.

Physical features to make you more demonic, like scale skin or horns or a tail or hoofs. It's a D100 roll and their are a lot of options, adding a dick or something is one of the rolls.

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/

Shit. I was 1 off the real deal. Consolation prize: Mushroom penis.

>Isn't a cuntboy just a masculine woman, often flat?
I've always seen it as the opposite of dickgirls
It's pointless to try and describe as something existing since it's an imagined concept (except for some rare birth defects maybe)