Why haven't you backed it yet Veeky Forums?

why haven't you backed it yet Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-1yI4JMeSQ
kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/time-of-legends-joan-of-arc
dropbox.com/s/ll9md7vs0x0fzla/JoA-Beta rules-v01.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna drop my early bird pledge in the next couple of days.

>knights without helms
Dropped.

Don't know what that is.
Battle scene looks generic.
Name promises nothing imaginative.
Sounds like a fantasy game afraid to be fantasy.

Are the English official evil in this setting?

most scenarios have the forces of heaven allied with the french and satan with the english, but not all

>cg animation

lol kickscammer these days
literally just preordering

Are they ever not?

Given that the scenarios revolve around Joan of Arc and it written by French devs; it would seem so. Non scenario play the English do not have to be tied to Satan and the writers acknowledge that the English king had a significant claim. I would be cool for a Joan being a witch scenario.

>why haven't you backed it yet Veeky Forums?
completely literal lack of interest

Can't afford to. I think it looks awesome, but I just can't afford to back it.

I've got a Kickstarter coming up this month I'll be tossing some money at, maybe, so another $100+ is just not in the budget.

>literally just preordering
...and?

>making a shill thread
>not even linking to the kickstarter
shamefur dispray, OP. also fuck you for this blatant shilling effort, next time put some more work into it.

Already backed Kingdom Death, Mythic Battle Pantheon and The Other Side.

I GOT NO MORE ROOM

The devs said they want to make the game as realistic as possible.

I'm not a fan a of special dice, but the rules seem solid, there's a ton of minis inside the box and the setting is cool. The french are good at alt-history with fantasy (like the first Helldorado). And seriously, playing with La Hire, Du Guesclin, Flastaff and Talbot? Alongside with creatures from local folklore? Yes please.
And they get bonus points for not making Joan a blondie.

Also, dat trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=v-1yI4JMeSQ

On the other hand, the only 16mm wargames I know are napoleonic, so I'm not gonna be able to reuse the minis for anything else, and Imperial assault makes me wary of boardgames hybrids that need a lot of learning to be enjoyed.

Not really, every side find seems to seek supernatural allies where they can.
Fuck the burgundians, though, nobody likes them.

kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/time-of-legends-joan-of-arc

Currently fighting between ASOIAF, Fallout and Lord of Hellas, this doesn't even register

not disagreeing with that picture or anything, but you choose one of the most based brit ever to illustrate it.

found the rules:
dropbox.com/s/ll9md7vs0x0fzla/JoA-Beta rules-v01.pdf?dl=0

I don't like the idea of people profiting off the image of a Saint for non-educational or religious reasons, so I won't back it. I will however pirate it when it comes out, and reevaluate that decision after I've had time to look at it.

>I don't like the idea of people profiting off the image of a Saint for non-educational or religious reasons
So you hate Christmas?

Can someone give me a rundown in the rpg aspect of the game? I have this idea for Doom meets the Crusades and this might be a good platform, but I want am overview before I start really considering this.

I hate how commercialized it can be sometimes, but I love the holiday and I usually avoid anything I find in poor taste.

She's an historical landmark and a national icon way before being a saint, and I doubt any frenchman has issues with Joan kicking english butt in a game about the hundred years war.

On the other side, I don't see how they could have not included her. Kings aside, she's the most important character of that war.

>ASOIAF

kek why?

She was a folk Saint immediately after her death, but you make a fair point. I think I'm just wary from all the shitty movies and plays I've been to.

I'll give it a fair look.

That’s not the Joan of ark I know and love.

Forgot pic.

see Apparently, it's "spend xp, remplace lvl.1 unit card by lvl.2 unit card", with variations depending on your supernatural patron.

I don't really like the butchered charaterization most historical events get when they go through hollywood, but on the other side it makes people that wouldn't have approached the source material with a ten-feet pole otherwise be aware of its existence.

They are releasing an RPG rulebook as an add-on. Thing is, it's based on D&D 5e.

There's also a deck of dialogue cards allowing you to interact with NPC minis.

Well, that's very cool, I think I'll give it a try in this case.
The rpg isn't part of the kickstarter, is it?

It's an optional add on. You can actually pledge $1 then do the add on if you only want the rpg.

This artist is pretty good. I need to find more of his works.

$120 base box +$420 for the everything add-on.
The core content is a good deal, but holy shit are they greedy on the add-ons.
Those minis are gorgeous, tho, I will probably fall for it in the end.

Whats the size of the minis?

classical paintings are awesome.
I'm slowly building my collection until I can run all my games with NPCs and backgrounds designed by dutch masters.

16 mm

15mm, so best scale

Thats really small, yo
35mm like zombiecide minis are the shit

>Joan actually fighting
they said historical in the trailer

Because in the end all that Joan was good for was taking English cocks.
Quiet reminder that every last one of your damned national heroes got fucked by an Englishman.

Admittedly being Welsh I'm in the same position but hey.

15mm is schizophrenic scale either you wanna play with units and go for 10mm or smaller or you wanna play with individual dudes and go 28mm or bigger

According to the records of her trials she injured a couple soldiers when they captured her.
There might have been other occurences, but I don't think anybody would have wanted to speak about it, since she was supposed to be nothing more than a figurehead. I can hardly see french knights admit that they let her get into harm's way, or brit soldiers admit that they were bested in fisticuffs by a young peasant girl.
Besides, that trailer has dragons, st. michael and satan duking it out. Maybe the profile is only for the fantasy scenarios.

Dunno, it makes sense for a boardgame with limited space to put 2-3 levies togethers so the power gap between them and heroes isn't too much.

don't care about 15mm scale. choose a decent scale or fuck off.

>muh scale

indeed, 15mm a shitty scale. either make it small enough to be mass battle, or big enough to have decent detail for skirmish. don't do the shitty inbetween.

But it is both. It's small enough for large battles but still very detailed.

Not for a game about huge battles between armies it's not.

Zombicide can become quite a shitshow with the expansions if you don't cull the zombies sufficiently.

I have no interest in multiplayer games

>10mm
>mass battle
>laughing2mm.jpeg

15mm is absolutely perfect for the "mass battles" games most people like to play, read: 50 to 200 miniatures on the table.
"""28mm""" to 35mm is perfect for skirmish games for maximum detail.
6mm or smaller if you want actual mass battles

Why """28mm""" in quotes?