Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1857: Think of Muh Animals Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vegans are lame.

How are you gonna get all those delicious powers with your Greed if you can't eat?

Ah, this is awkward. We both made new threads at the same time. I'm about twenty seconds later, I guess I should delete mine?

Greed can eat anything, make a bunch of robots to eat.

Eat magic plants sempai.

Manimals?

This thread is the correct one.

Jumpers, do you ever mess with the weather of a world for petty reasons?

A reminder to thank GenesisAnon for this marvel of /jc/ memery.

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/

Reposting CYOA builder for the new thread, in case anyone was interested.

Here's the current list of merges I've been working on.
You might notice the larger number of jumps that each merge has. I got tired of scrolling past so many similar settings, and decided to consolidate.

Thanks to yoro and anons for their kind words.
It's almost enough to make me adopt a name and trip.

Reminder that mind flayers aren't so bad.

Well, that other thread had a cooler title that was more thematic with my question, but whatever.

Jumpers!
What kind of superhero are you?
Hero, antihero, slacker, or for fun?

I feel the Chad meme has been pretty driven into the ground, personally.

I make it colder in general. More snow.

>has never chosen a perk in his life

Glorious. Most perks are utter shit that shouldn't exist.

Does it work for text CYOAs like this though?

It says choosen.

Given you at least have a hand in driving OAA out, can we expect you to pick up World of Warcraft and finish it?

After your existing claims, of course.

Truly, Arcueid is the worst girl.

The Isekai vs Xianxia comparison was pretty good though.

Do you have a copy of that one, i think i missed it

>Convincing meat substitute.
I've seen bug burgers and had their taste and texture described. They do not look, taste, or feel like beef. I have eaten crickets myself, though not in patty form. They are disgusting. It will NEVER catch on in the west unless it becomes necessary because of mass starvation.

I tend towards anti-heroism to full villainy, myself.

No, I mean it's actually just been driven into the ground. It's been around for several months now and people still act like it's the newest shit.

I think so, yeah.
Just don't add any images, it should be sorted out fairly easily.

I just figured people would be interested in this because it'd make making imaged jumps fairly easy.

Nope.

Established permanently as best girl after today.

>I have eaten crickets myself, though not in patty form. They are disgusting.
No more disgusting than shrimp. I can't understand why people are so eager to eat one gross arthropod, but not another. They're all equally awful.

>Other than sapience.
Would it be ok to eat a particularly stupid human then?

I'm more anti-villain material, if we're being honest. Doesn't take much to get me to work toward a positive goal, but I'm not much of one for pure selflessness or popularity.

I thought that was Valeria.

If you were immune to the potential diseases that can result from cannibalism, sure.

Yes.

Why are we limited to three species traits in Stellaris? I know races in game can have more.

unfortunately no

Hero, in the morally upright but secretly a troll way that Superman is sometimes portrayed as. You know, where I'm doing good things, and genuinely want to help people, but I also am into superheroics just because it's so fun to frustrate villains.

Merge Pokedigimon together with SMT.

I quoted the wrong post

>War of the Dead
>bio-weapons, WMDs, and more

That's basically Nechronica, if jumpers arrived during the Final War instead of a few hundred years afterwards. If something could be used, it got used, in the Final War.

>No more disgusting than shrimp.
The taste is verry different, cricket is more earthy-ish, squishier texture to the innards too.

>I can't understand why people are more eager to eat one
Shrimp are huge, you can easily chop off all the bug bits and the organs, then deshell it. Crickets are not. They're usually served with all the parts, and always with the chitin. This is more disgusting to people, and they're a lot more crunchy and get stuck in your teeth because of it.

Prion diseases require that the "food" side already be contaminated, and you'd essentially have to eat marrow, intestine, or brain tissue. Proper health inspections of your soylent source herd should be able to resolve these issues and allow you to produce USDA Grade A Long Pork.

For fun.

Is it morally wrong to leave the serious shit to the (less effective than jumper) companions?

I feel like a late-stage fully heroic jumper who's been through hundreds of worlds would just get tired of seeing the same problems come up again and again. Antagonist after antagonist constantly trying to execute the same evil/misguided plans over and over. Makes you real jaded.

I actually think there are no moral issues with eating a human that died of natural causes. We shouldn't do it because of diseases, but otherwise I see no reason to care. Humans even evolved to be cannibals. Modern humans would be a really low quality meat, though. Too fatty and with all kinds of bad trace minerals and medical residue. The amount of heavy metals would be high as well, very dangerous for health.

Depends how serious. If it's within their ability to handle, then not really, so long as they're not forced into it.

Slacker...?

I tend not to get involved in superhero settings unless there's nobody else around who can do stuff. In most Marvel jumps I end up being a hobo, and in most DC jumps I end up being a non-action hero who mostly provides moral support.
Except in decently low powered ones, where I end up trying to be Catwoman.
I also worked at Wayne Tech in the DC General.

But sometimes if nobody else is around to save people and, like, bank robbers are holding city hall hostage or whatever, I'll step in. And I'll kindof complain the whole time while I'm at it.

Shrimp are delicious, user!
Living in the bayou, you either love shrimp or you get banished from town tied to the back of a donkey.

I've never actually eaten crickets before, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying them. I've heard they don't really have a taste.

So Jumpers who took Zootopia,

Did you stick with the cute fuzzy animals or change them to animal people, or people with animal features like the Faunus in RWBY?

Only one of these options is wrong.

I don't find it morally wrong to leave the locals to deal with their own shit, let alone delegate some of it to companions. Just because we can take care of something doesn't mean we're obligated to do so.
If your world is in danger of dying, feel free to contact me about my rates.

Who knows? Maximum at start is I think 5 traits, normally you end up with 3-4 depending on your build. You can give yourself more using the setting's gene engineering, though.

Yeah, I just can't see it. Shrimp are disgusting even after you get rid of the shell and head and guts. They are just a terrible food, the texture is the worst. At least roast crickets advertise to you that they're going to be unpleasant, shrimp lure you in with an appealing look before being awful when you bit into them.

Would a crossover freshen it up?

That's a personal taste thing, user. I just described to you why cricket is more disgusting to consumers, if even despite of that you still don't like shrimp then that's a personal thing. Besides, I was mostly talking about insect patties, not individual insects.

What about crab or lobster? The most barbaric of meals?

I saw NuBee established as best girl last thread, so maybe she has best taste?

They can't feel pain anyway.

That's... a little better, yeah.

As long as it's not the same two poses done in MS Paint.

Does plunging the world into winter because it's my favourite season and I want to screw with everyone else count?

I am none of them! Being a supervillain is way more fun!

But they're equally disgusting, is my point. Yes, crickets might look gross, but shrimp is equally terrible and just better at hiding its sins until it's too late for you.

Also terrible, yes. Lobster is a cruel prank played on the Midwest by fishermen, and we are all idiots for not catching on.

I think they do, kinda handy for survival. People probably say that so they don't feel sorry about tossing them in boiling water.

NuBee is a very good girl, yes.

I feel like you could double down on Realm of the Waking Dream- add one setting like NiGHTs (taking the eastern dream part too literally, though) for the Light-hearted version and... I don't know, Bloodborne or Lovecraft for the Grim version (Gensokyo being a Nightmare would make for good times). If nothing else the hybrid role of a Henge and a Hunter should lead to FUN.

Not sure if this matters with how fast these threads move over here, but...

First, this post () was altered from the original.

Second, I have issues with community standards across all jumpchain communities of which I am aware. It seems to me that, generally, while the power level of a setting has been used as an reason in the past for shutting down discussion about creating jumps for certain settings, the actual limitation for settings the community finds acceptable is the popularity of a setting is and the popularity of the author.

On a personal level*, I've received a lot of push back about settings on which I worked or considered working due to them being considered over-powered settings, particularly from individuals who indicated that they knew little to nothing about the setting, and I've seen other individuals encounter similar pushback.

As such, I find extremely frustrating that certain individuals (ex: Val) seem to be lauded for writing high powered jumps that communities at one point or another indicated were beyond the acceptable power curve.

That's not a knock on any author in their capacity as an author, or against any specific jump in terms of it's quality. It's more of a comment about the communities as a whole and the inconsistency about what they find acceptable.

And, honestly, it's been years - so it's possible the majority of the community population has changed, and a shift in acceptability may be natural as new people have different feelings on what is acceptable.

I still find it frustrating though.
Sorry for any drama.

*I know that I make odd design choices which I recognize do not appeal to communities. I make my jumps mostly for my use and I generally don't circulate my jumps save to those who ask. However, I'm not just talking about me. The point is the power level of a setting has been used to dissuade authors from working on jumps - and now the community has accepted jumps for more powerful settings.

It's less that they can't feel pain and more that they lack emotions and therefore don't suffer from the pain. It's just sensation telling them they're being damaged.

Your information is biased. The entire thing is still being debated.

Has One Armed user actually left or are the shitposters just shitposting?

I'm neither a girl, nor best girl.

Did the original post have the complaints about how the Treasure miracle is so hard to figure out? Because it's really simple, I don't know how anyone would have trouble with it. You want some help figuring it out?

isnt that a guy?

When did you go "fuck you" to a grimdark setting and actively defied everything that stood in your way to make things better?

>they lack emotions and therefore don't suffer from the pain
Still feel pain though.

Lobsters Last Thoughts:
Too small. Too small. Need more space. Predator! Danger! Predator holding! Fight! Fight! Falling! PAIN! PAIN! PAIN! ESCAPE! ESCAPE! ESCAPE! ESCAPE! ESP.....

>lack emotions
I don't think there's been a proper study of that in crustaceans. The original premise was that a neocortex was required - leaving mammals as one of the few who could experience emotions.
That's been disproven with regards to birds, who lack the structure entirely, yet still exhibit signs of depression.

Nubee is Val's waifu and is thus a girl (male).

the best one is this classic

I'm a Reinhardt

False.

Over here where I live, pretty much every restaurant serves shrimp and you're considered a weirdo for hating it. Not surprising though, our shrimp are really popular nation-wide, so a lot of it enters the local economy too.

Then again, the same is true of catfish, and I can't stand catfish.

Yeah, and? It's just a data stream.

I sincerely doubt that an animal with only a hundred kilobytes of RAM can process emotion while also dealing with everything else that a living organism needs processing power for.

When did Val let you out of her dunge-err, re-education facility?

Do Darkspace Premium Account or Mining Rights have any use post-jump? Do Well-Oiled and Asskicking Equals Authority apply to all organizations you lead or just those formed by your minions? Speaking of "minions", exactly how sizable is the portion you bring post-jump, and can you still make use of the recruitment clause under Specialties? Can you recreate what Technology you purchase?

Yeah, but you know what birds do have? Big and complex brains. Lobsters do not. ANTS have more complex brains than lobsters do. So do cockroaches, bees, and the noble zebrafish.

I made them around 30%. So inbetween the last two. So people still had digitigrade feet or hooves, some fuzz on their legs and arms, and of course tails, ears, and animal eyes, but human builds and human faces.

I think you get the best of both worlds. Not too animal like, but with lots of cute fuzz and exotic features.

I don't have any issue understanding Nobilis rules. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Moran's work. That post text was copy+pasted from another SB user.

It looks like someone frankensteined a bunch of SB user posts together about three /jc threads back, and possibly added additional commentary.

Thank you for offering though!
I appreciate it.

I left it as-is, both for the novelty (hey, grab the camera, talking animals!) and because I had SCIENCE to do on the differences between primitive and anthropomorphic animals.

Also, the plot wouldn't make much sense if everyone was just humans with animal ears.

You're welcome.

In a sense, you're right. Lobsters don't even have brains at all. What they do have is a complex distributed neural system.

Everyone in my Zootopia jump was just as they are in canon. I like cute fuzzy animals way more than generic furries, and I feel like a lot of the humor and interesting things about the setting are lost if everyone's body types are normalized.
I mean, you're not gonna see a dramatic rooftop chase through Tiny Town if everyone is human-sized!

Plus, how can you not want to be fluffy?

Probably Nechronica?

I don't know a lot about nanobot slurries, but I kinda went "Fuck it, I'm gonna make a working civilization here. With TREES! And FLOWERS!"

And I may have not fixed the fucking planet, but I sure as hell made a city where little sludge girls could hang out and not die.

Lobster is also delicious, user!

Oh my god you're making me so hungry for seafood right now.

I love catfish, too! Especially if it's got some good sauce over it.
I'm really more a fan of salmon, though. Salmon has a very sharp flavor, and it's great just on its own.

I'm free as a bird, there's no such thing as a Val Dungeon. No chains or crucifixes or anything of the sort in her basement.

I can't stand catfish mainly because it's fried over here, and fried catfish is very oily and very pungent.

Power-level was still an issue until earlier this year. IIRC, Val's multiverse jump was only accepted because of the fail/gauntlet conditions. There have also been several high-powered jumps accepted that weren't by Val, such as Desolte Era, Kubera and Mondaiji. Also, while it was a fairly shitty situation, I'm relatively certain the SB Bastard!! jump was rejected not because of power-levels, but because someone from here had claimed it. So yeah, community standards have changed quite massively.

It's not that complex. Again, ants have more complex nervous systems than lobsters do. Fucking ANTS. If you've ever squished an ant, you have no basis for feeling bad about boiling a lobster.

Some birds are caged, though. You never specified whether your metaphorical equivalent-bird was flying the skies. Also, suspiciously specific denial.

What jumps would you send the dumbest versrion of green lantern on?

>When did you go "fuck you" to a grimdark setting
Does Game of Thrones count? Everyone in it is a complete asshole and most are irredeemable cunts to boot
Regardless I basically made it my mission to shit all over every member of the cast and show them that it doesn't matter whose bastard you are or how many members of their inbred tard family sat on a pile of scrap, against someone with actual power they don't amount to shit

Pic Related, it's taking care of King's Landing

Chinks are bad for you in every way user

user, I wouldn't wish that on any setting.

Fried catfish breaded in cornmeal is alright, but it needs to sit out on paper towels or a rack for a while to soak up the majority of the grease, yeah.

Every last one of them, user.

The random of Adventure wears on after a while especially with the filler stuff and slow pacing.

I've never argued against eating any critter, I was just poking holes in the claim that lobsters didn't feel pain (debatable) or that they didn't feel emotions (undetermined).
As for their nervous system not being as complex as other things, that's true. Doesn't make it "not complex" though. Their ganglia, for example, perform functions that we had previously thought required a brain proper for.
I would quite happily read more research on them while eating a lobster dinner.