Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Is the shifter Paizo's weakest PC class right now?
What's the best way to bully a shifter?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

txti.es/convoker-summoner
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/immortality/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-grand-discoveri/eternal-youth
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/reincarnate/
youtu.be/x1SUUkhKkXo
docs.google.com/document/d/1VJNynrpwteY3NLoXRMrPXkEdUZMJJxZokWidA16ef_w/edit#heading=h.iznev896ew0h
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Rate my homebrew archetype, please.

txti.es/convoker-summoner

>What's the best way to bully a shifter?

Make them take mouse form as their first major aspect, then put them in a cage.

What was the point of giving them Psychic Sensitivity?

What theme would you use for an NPC tiefling russian female slayer about to wipe out the party as part of a bounty hunt?

Could anyone share the ultimate wilderness PDF? Thanks

Looking to join a pathfinder campaign anyone have an opening or know where to look this is the only place i could think of other than the local shop

The best way to bully a shifter is to be competant at what you do. Because lord know the shifter as written isn't even capable of doing it'so own shtick well.

I’ll probably pull that. I think I only tossed it in because I was copying a psychic class.

Alternately, should the archetype turn the summoner’s spells psychic instead too, with emotion/thought components and such?

So you basically show a Paizo Shifter a Spheres Shifter and watch as they die on the inside?

You don’t even need that. Just introduce them to a feral hunter.

Bah, posted at the end of the last thread.
Could someone help me clear up a ruling on the Avowed?
One of my players is going to pick up the Shadow Pact, but we don't agree on how the 12th level attunemebt, Shadow Form, works.
How I see it, you have to be in an area where you can actually cast a shadow to use the ability, so there has to be at least a source of light, but my players thinks it can be used even in areas of total darkness. How does it actually works?

>last posted about 12 hours ago
Ok then. I don't even remember where I got invite and can't be bothered to look for it again.

Why do the PFG OPs always have a weeb image? And why do I feel like I see a lot of fur fag shit?

You know the OP represents your thread and it kinda should embarrass you that your OP is a furry Weeb post.

You guys should get a collection of not weeb and not furry images to use as the OP.

Half of the people that reply to this will be text versions of the gif you posted, and the other half will be variations of "we've tried and it just doesn't work".

Your player is right.
The only real rules are 'not in an area of bright light' and 'can't leave surfaces'.

It's a valid surface for a shadow even if there's no light, because 'you have to be able to cast a shadow on it' is only a restriction on the surface type and not the contextual lighting.

Collar of the true companion and muzzle of silence.

I fucking WISH our OPs were furry.

Instead we're stuck with boring-ass weebsune and ear-accessories.

Got it, thanks. The part that was confusing me was in fact interpreting it as contextual lightning conditions.

The autist stays up at almost all hours of the day to snipe OP posts, and trying to make a new thread either results in somebody getting b& or it deleted. He also regularly posts b8 shit about various subsystems/weapon tactics complete with ellipses. It's just a 2hu copy cat.

No one respects Pathfinder anyway, so who gives a shit.

Granted, these Weebsune pics are giving me a sense of active antipathy towards cute things.

Anyone seen Battle for Azeroth trailer? What could be PF's equivalent spell for What Anduin casted?

Nobody cares.

Mythic Breath of Life

The weeb friends keep posting early threads and thread wars suck more than weeb threads.

So we're kinda stuck like that. Honestly, someone should be autistic enough to do the same with 5e just to see if they can win the threadwar.

So, Ooze Shifter archetype. Is Kitsune a good race for it? Their shapechange might let you stay solid for as long as you want, and you can still grow natural attacks in your humanoid form.

They is/were. They just post black people instead of kitsune because there's a much higher /pol/ack concentration in 5e threads.

Pathfinder is a weeb game, therefor it needs weeb OPs.
Honestly seeing traditional art for the OP just seems wrong anymore. And half the time I scroll right past it looking for the retarded foxgirls that marks /pfg/

I wanna make someone who fights with poops and farts

Went and did a redesign of the Shifter. Give me some feedback please guys.

Redesign Notes

Class skills: gave the shifter Intimidate.

Shifter Aspect:
Minor Form: The only real change was changing the enhancement bonus to stats to a size bonus so that they don't become redundant when buying/getting a stat boosting magic items.
Major Form: I changed these from wild shaping into the specific animal of the to getting the abilities listed in the major form's description while allowing you to use the major form with whatever you wild shape into. Some of these abilities are unique and I like the idea of modifying whatever you wild shape into. So you could do something like take falcon aspect major and wild shape into a fire elemental to create a flying falcon-shaped fire elemental. I thought it was a little powerful and required a expenditure of wild shape to use Major Form aspect for 1/hour per level a day. I'm not crazy on this idea as it feels a little limiting so I'm open to changes.

Shifter Claws: Renamed to Nature's Fury and allowed you to pick and choose between gore, bite, and claw attacks. As you level up you gain second and third natural attack as well as multiattck as a bonus feat. I adjusted the damage scaling when you can bypass DR. I also rearranged the shifter class table to keep in line with other classes with scaling damage dice attacks.

Wild Shape: I changed it to where you get it 2 levels earlier then the druid and allowed you to wildshape at will at 20th level. It works like the druid's wild shape but also you get alter self, vermin shape, magical beast shape, and form of the dragon. I have ideas for an archetypes that involve monstrous physique and giant form, undead anatomy, ooze form, fey form, and form of the exotic dragon and form of the alien dragon.

Design notes cont next post:

Defensive Instinct: This is just awkward and unneccessary ability. Druids for example already get an insane AC thanks to natural armor and wilding armors and shields. Also it makes for a MAD martial. We don't need a repeat of the monk so I got rid of it and gave the shifter Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge.

Savagery: A way to increase accurarcy and damage for the shifter.

Chimeric Aspect/Greater Chimeric Aspect: It's fine I guess but I don't like how it goes 2, 3, and suddenly jumping up to 5 aspects. Poor progression and dead level contribution. So changed greater to improved chimeric aspect, and allowed it to be gained at a earlier level. Then the new greater chimeric aspect allowed you to take 4 minor aspects.

Venom Immunity: Delayed by 2 levels compared to the druid, conveniently fills in a dead level.

Timeless Body: Honestly this is just to fill in a dead level but it felt appropriate for the class and ended up liking it's inclusion.

Final Aspect: Renamed it Shapeshifter cause it felt more appropriate. Allowed you to take a second major form at this level.

Has there EVER been a time where the druidic language barrier actually mattered?

Not in my games.

The only time I think it would come up is if the PCs ever had to fight a Druid circle.

Which classes are good for NPCs/villains who are aiming for immortality and such

>Potions&Poisons in "late November"
>Starting new campaign as Alchemist in December
This better be good.
Poison Use as a feat please.

Monk of the four winds. All he has to do is make it to level 20 and he wins. Alchemist and Wizard are also in the same boat, but really. Monk of the Four Winds immortality is better than what those two get.

where can I find cutsie art for female monks?

Wizard:
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/immortality/

Alchemist:
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-grand-discoveri/eternal-youth

Getting someone else to reincarnate you:
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/reincarnate/

Undeath is also an option

Was thinking more along the line with the apprentices of a powerful wizard (who probably went lich) with each of them trying to achieve immortality in their own way. So alchemist is nice for one of them, a monk is kinda strange but can probably work. Need some ideas for the two last apprentices tho

Reincarnated Druid gives them highly functional immortality that they can strive to perfect. It's also great for reoccurring villains, every time they die they come back later with a new face

*highly flawed

>Minor Form: The only real change was changing the enhancement bonus to stats to a size bonus so that they don't become redundant when buying/getting a stat boosting magic items.
How about beast shape granting size bonuses?

You know, I think I've seen this villain somewhere before.

>youtu.be/x1SUUkhKkXo
This is a good one for a drawn-out, desperate struggle, especially in a cold, icy environment. That said, it does depend on whether you want the focus to be on the russian, the tiefling or the bounty hunting.

Could you dirty casuals defeat Satan?

Keep in mind he has infinite movement in four dimensions.

I thought about that and I realized it can become redundant that way but I have no real solution to that at the moment. I imagine that sometimes they become useful when the wildshape form grants a lesser bonus. So you could do stuff like assume the form of a sparrow but be abnormally strong or negate dex penalties when large or huge.

>poison use as a feat

why poisons are garbage and always will be.

and there's a lot of ways to get it super easily.

How much do you plan for a game before finding players? It's my first time running a game, and I was curious.

Weab: gelbooru
Western: artstation

I like to have a big chunk planned out, but maybe not every detail because you wabt room to adjust for player expectations too. Have a map and some framework of the story, fill in with details your players might enjoy.

Greentext time

>be me DMing a game, theater of the mind combat
>"Alright Player 1, what do you want to do?"
>she chooses to ready an action to attack an enemy that will almost definitely walk by her
>Player 1 spends rest of round on her phone
>her readied action triggers, but i don't realize it and neither does she
>monster dies on next players turn
>player 1: "Wait, what happened to my readied action?"
>joke that her character was on her phone and missed her action
>player 1 immediately leaves the session 2 hours in
>later that night explains to me that she doesn't want to play the campaign anymore, because of how rude i was to miss her readied action and make a joke on her

Alright Veeky Forums, who was in the wrong here? I mean, I get that I fucked up by forgetting the spacial place of her character, but it's on the players to keep track of what they're doing, right? I'm not playing goddamn solitaire

There are things you could have done to mitigate this, but it's generally a player's responsibility to remember their own goddamn action and ability triggers. You're DMing so that mean you need to manage the abilities, tactics, and states of several different creatures all at once, while trying to keep things engaging and fun for everyone. The least someone who wants to ready an action can do is fucking pay attention for it to trigger.

>there's a lot of ways to get it super easily.
such as? Poison Use seems to he the first thing every Alchemist archetype trades away.

Probably just going to run with it that my Chirurgeon occasionally poisons himself. He will not use poison that often and Treat Poison is only a standard action, if things do go wrong.

rogue talents, merely being a crow, ect ect.

and using poison is a mistake anyways, its garbage, don't bother.

There are exceptions to this. Granted, the exception is basically that you need to take a 3.5 item that cost 8k to give you a 1d6 Con poison that scales it's DC on 10+1/2HD+Con, then boost the shit out of it, get a permanent Venomfire spell cast on you, and use feats to turn the venom into a cone of burning poison.

>merely being a crow
That no pickle pee! That no pump-a-rum!

meant drow. Ohwell .I tried.

Where were you when the game of the millennium began recruiting?

tfw a wizard tower and the volorexis games are the only ones recruiting worth a damn

You could have mitigated it slightly but ultimately it is the player who is responsible for knowing when their action goes off. In fact, don't let players go on their phones during okay because it's cancer. By all means, lay down the rule that if it's serious then by all means is the phone, but phone use is so cancerous for a game it's not even funny. It's like players think that they can fire up their phones when they aren't explicitly doing something. Fuck that.

What's a fun shaman archetype?

>shaman
>fun

There's currently a bunch of pathfinder stuff on humblebundle. I already have the paper core rulebook and bestiary but I'm considering getting it anyway. Has anyone played the videogame? Is it good?

Do not buy any of it, for your own sake. Look in the OP pastebin mate.

hahahaa

Is there a spell or effect that functions similar to banish seeming, but removes transmutation effects instead of illusions?

So, I have a campaign concept I might run. But, how do I tweak the design to make it the most /pfg/ game that ever gamed?

Current list
-Roll20
-Long app period
-Gestalt/variant multiclassing/both
-Anonymous shilling/meming
-Anonymous reviews
-Hint at lewd
-Mid level start

you got it

Secretly guarantee slots to certain celebs to draw a top level circus.

Elephant, Pow and SoM all allowed, Start with WBL two levels above and PB is 30 or above.

'dispel magic'

Roll20 LFG if you don't give a fuck about quality. Roll20 living campaigns if you don't give a fuck about anything. Roll20 lewd living campaigns if you actively hate everything.

Ooh- what if I reserve half of the slots for '/pfg/ celebs' and hold a public vote on which of them get into the slots?
I like the character creation subtlties, nice

Yeah, it kinda kills cute for me. It's just so saccharine and artificial.

I know, I just like the feeling of having paid for something I use (I know I'm dumb). In my group we only use core rulebook and player's guide anyway for simplicity

>Ooh- what if I reserve half of the slots for '/pfg/ celebs' and hold a public vote on which of them get into the slots?
Most of the celebs people care enough about to really whip up a circus are pretty busy people these days so I'm not sure they'd go in for that. I guess you could get some of the beta orbiters like Succ or Halae that way. But if you want a REAL circus, you need to approach somebody like Slow, Protag, IKiD, Sappy, or Disk and guarantee them a spot on the down-low. This result of this would be twofold.
1) The presence of these celebs increases the prestige of your game. See for instance the madhouse of ensoulement vs. the fact that people laugh when you suggest volorexis might be a "real game" (despite the fact that the later actually has a proven GM who has run games to completion).
2) It gets people talking about the game and apps. Even if it just starts with the aforementioned group of self-shillers, eventually it spins off into anons going insane about which celeb apps are must haves and which literal who's might make good clingers to these apps.

Personally I liked Defensive Instinct, yes it made you MAD as fuck and was kinda redundant with your natural armor and the ability to access Wild armor, but it also rewarded you for patching your shitty will save and it gave me the same warm fuzzies as unchained monk. Granted, I also exclusively play in 25 PB anymore, so I guess I'm biased. Maybe it could be an optional thing?

Other than that, I like what I'm seeing so far, and holy shit would I play the fuck out of it. You planning on doing any archetypes or feats?

Its an anime site. Most real descutions are done on the pazio fourms. I actively play pathfinder but ignore the /pfg/ for the most part because its full of weebs and min/maxers trying to brake an easly broken game.

>paizo forums
>real discussions

ahahhaha

Nothing planned on feats but I'm going to rework the archetypes and a create a couple myself. I got a idea for a dragon archetype, a "titan shifter" (i know) that focuses on monstrous humanoids and giants, and one for undead

>Most real descutions are done on the pazio fourms.

Christ, I could have at least given the benefit of the doubt if you had said GitP, because at least there the playtest threads get work done.

docs.google.com/document/d/1VJNynrpwteY3NLoXRMrPXkEdUZMJJxZokWidA16ef_w/edit#heading=h.iznev896ew0h

Huh. This seems interesting?

Fuck off, Lemmy.

Nope, just stumbled across it in some kind of shitty looking Bloodborne-esque game.

Almost every weeb on Veeky Forums likes pathfinder
Must be something about their bad decision making

It's like a bad translation of the EotE stuff.

I think it's mostly to do with the small but very vocal minority of spergs who scream "go back to /pfg/" every time they see an anime or furry picture. Becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy after a while.

EotE?

Wishful thinking.

>kemonomimi
>furry

Sounds good. I'm still kind of iffy on some of the aspects now that I had a look, especially several bonuses being size bonuses. I know I had feats in mind to suggest too, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were now.
I still stand by Defensive Instinct as an optional ability desu

>Dragon shifter archetype
I can only be so hype, user

I don't bother going much into details until I actually know I'll get to run the campaign.

Will they be giving out public invites to the Discord eventually?

Never

the discord has public invites constantly

the cabal doesn't

The Discord doesn't have public invites. If it did, someone would have just posted one.

>somebody like Slow, Protag, IKiD, Sappy, or Disk
What if you had all five play as the villains in the game?

You'd have people lining up around the block to get to kill one of their precious donut steels.

I just asked for a link here, and was given one.

I'm open to suggestions on the appropriate type of bonus to call it. I'm leery on giving them too much and having everyone choose the same three aspects for the bonus.