What if the typical citizen had access to fireball spells?

What if the typical citizen had access to fireball spells?

The whole world would be different. More things would be fireproof, and everyone would have to be trained in proper use.

Really, no different than any other massive “what if x could do y” story.

Assuming the classic D&D fireball spell, it would be a stupid idea for self-defense compared to a decent handgun, because the minimum 20-foot radius means a lot of unwanted targets, often including the user.

Now back to whatever board you crawled from with your cheap-ass bait

If minor level sorcery, including fireballs, could be practiced by the entire population, it would greatly alter the entire course of history. All of modern technology would also make use of magical components. You can bet that every object in your household would have minor enchantments and spells woven into it. How about a mug which fills itself with boiling water? Maybe clothes which can magically change themselves to be the perfect fit? A spell which can clean up acne scarring and stop your skin from becoming oily?

This is only minor level stuff too. You couldn't tell what impact demigod-tier sorcerers would have on the rest of the world.

infant mortality would skyrocket

What a lazy and even more unproductive than OPs question answer.

How do we utilizes this power for energetically self-sustainable household? Fireball powered water boiler with attached turbine would be very basic idea but I'm sure we can do better.
Some miniature version of Dyson Sphere into which every family member blasts their daily spells, maybe?

>what are pipe bombs

>citizen
Every nation on the planet would have insanely strict requirements for citizenship. Most people would be legally considered refugees for their entire lives no matter where they were born.

Is it just me or are their necks abnormally long?

Inbreeding'll do that.

It's just the angle.

Why are you on forum if you don’t want to talk?

No, I’m being genuinely curious here.

All the more reason to breed inward

>Mother has a month neck
>Daughters inherit it
Gee, Anons.

This is a blatant bait thread.
>right after a shooting
>uses image of a gun owner
>uses image of a white family
>what if everyone had access to [insert metaphor for firearm]
It was designed to trigger the /pol/ & /k/ crossover, albeit more so the former.

You actually think that a question that's framed so vaguely is a good way to start a conversation?

I think you're genuinely being stupid now.

People will learn how to counterspell as well

It would probably see a lot of use anyway, because it’s always available to everyone and people who are defending themselves aren’t necessarily rational.

Sane countries would regulate the usage of dangerous spells heavily.

Americans would kill each other slightly more often than they already do.

So nothing really changes.

Like firearms... teach them from a young age reverence and respect for that kind of power (kids seem to get it better than adults when first introduced) and they will demonstrate responsibility, deference, and propriety with its use.

It's when people are either exposed too late in life by their own accord or as a child by an unsuitable teacher does calamity happen. Throughout my life, I've noticed adults new to the world of firearms are the least mature about them and often spiteful in their desired ownership and possession of such power. It's really strange.

It's my opinion of fireballs(arms) were a capability of nor average, they should be taught about their use from a young age by invested parents.

Literally anyone can learn to make improvised explosives that are probably significantly more dangerous than fireballs with a few minutes of googling. Most people are just too busy being lazy sheep to do it.

Here's your (You) though.