Dwarves should have better craftsmanship than elves

Dwarves should have better craftsmanship than elves.
Dwarves should have better magic than elves.
Dwarves should be longer lived than elves.
Dwarves should have better weapons than elves.
Dwarves should win every time and elves should lose.

You know you have to be 18 to be able to post on Veeky Forums, right?

Kitsune should have better craftsmanship than dwarves.
Kitsune should have better magic than dwarves.
Kitsune should be longer lived than dwarves.
Kitsune should have better weapons than dwarves.
Kitsune should win every time and dwarves should lose.

Both dwarves and elves should be used as background elements of any campaign, remnants of post-apocalyptic great societies that can no longer sustain themselves. Hence the elvish isolationism. Hence all the long abandoned dwarven mines and forts.

knife-ear lover faggot detected.

die in a fire.

Only elves after dwarves burn all their dumb forests.

Dwarves should have better craftsmen when it comes to stone masonry and metal work
Elves should have better craftsmen for things like pottery and woodcarving

Dwarves should have better magic that has to do with enchantment
Elves should have better illusion and divination magic

Dwarves should live as long as their strength and constitution allows them to
Elves should live as long as their magical nature allows them to

Dwarves should have better mechanical and forged weapons
Elves should have better magical weapons

Dwarves should win in some situations and Elves should win in others

>dwarves should have more stocky, more heavy and more inlay on their weapons and armor because they have the strength to ware and weild it properly
>elves should have more elegant and light armor to allow for more swift movements.

>dwarven magic should focus on earth elements like making rocks fly up and explode
>elf magic shoudl focus more on nature elements like making trees bitch slap some orcs.

>dwarves should be long lived. much longer then humans
>elves should be longer lived then dwarves.

who wins should be based on the setting of the fight.

>dwarf rabble charing an elven bowline are going to get turned into metalic pin cushions.
>elves going into a cave to fight dwarves are going to get butchered.

Elves have better craftsmanship than dwarves.
Elves have better magic than dwarves.
Elves are longer lived than dwarves.
Elves have better weapons than dwarves.
Elves win every time and dwarves lose.

Watering down of fantasy races is shitty and dumb. Elves should never be just humans with longer ears who live like 50 years longer.

modern race "balance"

not everything should be competitively balanced you cucks.

Go get fucked by a horse, midget.

Right, cause having balance in a game would be stupid.

Leave the board.

Are

But they already are all that. Three hammer strikes if you claim anything else. What are you? An elf-sympathizer?

Dwarves and elves are just different names for the same thing.

What a shitty thread. Elf/Dwarf threads were never good but at least they weren't this bad.

Shame on the house of Veeky Forums for such barbarity. Shame.

>Dwarves should have better craftsmanship than elves.
Yes
>Dwarves should have better magic than elves.
Better enchantments, worse castings
>Dwarves should be longer lived than elves.
Eh
>Dwarves should have better weapons than elves.
Elves should have better bows, more agile armor and weapons more suited to piercing because they have to fight tanky little dwarves all the time. Otherwise, sure.
>Dwarves should win every time and elves should lose.
But then there would be no dwarven ruins to explore.

>ELVES ARE THE BEST RACE GUYS

If they are so fantastic and beyond understanding then they'd be able to wipe out any non elf race with ease. That's the point of higher beings and what makes them higher beings. The fact that elves are unable to do this tells you all you need to know about them. They are merely the favorite first creation of any settings God, and as such they were the first to do everything because they were handheld through it all.

>DWARVES ARE THE BEST RACE GUYS

If they are so fantastic and beyond understanding then they'd be able to wipe out any non dwarf race with ease. That's the point of higher beings and what makes them higher beings. The fact that dwarves are unable to do this tells you all you need to know about them. They are merely the favorite first creation of any settings God, and as such they were the first to do everything because they were handheld through it all.

Dwarves are the males, hence the beards and masculinity.
Elves are the females, hence their feminine appearance.

And they hate each other, which is also appropriate. Elves are from the trees, dwarves from the caves.

Dwarves should job to a juvenile dragon at the height of their power.

You do know I'm shitposting....Right?

Dwarves probably smell like shit

Casual Orc master race coming through. Don’t mind me shorties and sissies

Gnomes a best, fuckboi

Dwarves should be better blacksmiths, jewelers, and masons, than Elves, but comparable carpenters to Elves.
Dwarves should use 'different' magic than Elves.
Dwarves should not live longer than Elves.
Dwarves should have different weapons than elves.
Dwarves should win every time Elves fight them in their homes.

I was really thinking about the Norse myths from which we get the basic ideas. The Dvergr just are Svartálfar ("black elves") and that may be the very same band of subterranean craftsmen as the Dökkálfar ("dark elves"). However, the stories with that division are relatively late and clearly influenced by Christianity (shining nice guys in the heavens, dusky bad lads under the earth). It seems likely to me that they represent an attempt to synthesize different regional traditions as well.

In my setting magical and martial power is determined by the size of ones beard. Dwarves have high amounts of martial prowess due to their magnificent pleated and braided beards. Wizards have immense magical might due to their long flowing beards witch sometimes reach their feat. Elves, having no beards, still live longer and thereby achieve great heights of technique though cannot beat a bearded dwarf in a arm wrestle. Humans have the chance to grow moderate beards and thereby can gain in any type of art yet never be the best unless they train their entire lives.

Dwarves should have more fuckable females than Elves.

>Implying fantasy hillbillies are masters of anything

Dwarf females should have beards

>Dwarves
>better jewels
>ragingnoldor.tapestry

By Durin's (sister's) beard, agreed.

Elves should not be able to achieve anything then.

Fucking beardless shit sissies

Dwarves should have better beards than elves

>should
this implies that in the current state, none of these things are true. it seems like dwarves are inferior in every way.
SAD!

They are. But that's because in my settings the elves are always very arrogant assholes who are to bust standing on the ruins of another race they claim as their own and yelling about how pretty and rich and powerful they are, even though they are kinda ugly with their super angular faces and weak figures and dirty smell.

this is an elven psy-op

>dwarffag butthurt about his shitty race

Certainly, because dwarffags never made a complete ass out of themselves by being more engrossed in hating something than just enjoying being dwarffags.

on large projects like buildings? yes, but elven dexterity makes then unrivaled at artisanship and the creation of intricate items

>dwarves should have better magic
dwarves cant into magic, thats why they try to compensate with technology

>dwarves should have longer lives
both have soft immortality

>dwarves should have better weapons
superior technology vs superior skill

>dwarves should win every time
dwarves shouldn't lose on the defensive and get curb-stomped everywhere else

>Dwarves should have better craftsmanship than elves
>Dwarves should have better weapons than elves

Agreed
The rest of it can fuck off

I fucking hate Elves but Dwarfs are Jewish power fantasies. I'll give OP that they have better craftmanship and weapons than Elves on average but the rest is retarded.

SAD!

As it should be. But even a roach could build a house in a thousand years.

Stay mad, Aule. You should be happy that the GM even let you include your crappy homebrew.

>Enchanting
in my own setting, Dwarves excell at Full Metal Alchemist style Alchemy, it's how they build their mountain strongholds and get a hold of so many rare, valuable, and pure metals. (ironically, despite me making the economy silver based, I guess this justifies gold-based ones in a way)

Humans excel at enchanting because enchanting works by tying metaphysical ideas to a physical object. The more closely an "idea" is associated with an object, the stronger the enchantment will innately be, thus fire swords are powerful, but a sword enchanted to cut even better, while cripplingly specialized, will cut really really fucking well.

Elven magical specialization is basically probability manipulation and 'all-natural' magic, which cannot be cancelled through normal means. Their fireballs are less using magic to create an explosion of flames, and more them acting like infinite improbability drives and lining up the current reality with one where an explosion spontaneously happens right where you are.

All races can learn each magic but the racial specializations are just what the race seems inclined towards, and will find the best teachers among their own kind.

Fuck no, I would like to see a dwarf golden age for fucking once.
Enough of this "yearning for ages past" that dwarfs (and often elves) are stuck with.

>I was just pretending to be retarded.

Flumphs should have better craftsmenship than Kitsune.
Flumphs should have better magic than Kitsune.
Flumphs should live longer than Kitsune.
Flumphs should have better weapons than Kitsune.
Flumphs should win every time and Kitsune should lose.

How would you do a Dwarven Golden Age?
Dwarves doing so well in their forts that folk start exploring the world beyond?
An economical superpower so pervasive that all commerce is slicked with Dwarven Gold?
A really, really big magma lever gets pulled?

>do a Dwarven Golden Age?
for once they arent being driven from their ancestral homes

have them have a stable economy and viable military, have them be expanding and exploring the rest of the world

>tfw no-one else likes making settings with conflict based around a changing world of a dwarven industrial revolution upsetting the previously delicate power balance of the world
Just

Dude, this could be the setup for something great.
Let's say in Ages long past, the dwarves were sent into the depths by a great and terrible enemy.
But the Dwarves have always proven resiliant, and in the depths they forged the greatest kingdom below, or above the world. The poorest among them live as kings, and their arts and culture have grown lustrous., the dwarven people being tested time and time again against the horrors of the deep and the dark, like a blade against an anvil.

And when they marched against the foe in the overworld, after mustering their forces for centuries, they discovered their hated enemy long gone, and a world alien to the history of their forebearers.

Now is an era of exploration and discovery, for Dwarven Faces once again know the light of the sun, and the world above is new and fresh.
New Challenges await, new tales will be written, new songs of new conquests will be sung, the Age of Dwarves has come!

Sorry for the shpiel, got excited.

Make this a setting and I will pay you money for it.

dwarves: stone and metal
elves: wood and metal when it's meant to be light and efficient

dwarves: abjuration more than anything, with some divination (where dem ores at?)
elves: enchantment, divination, but also illusion and transmutation to somewhat lesser degrees

dwarves: I like how
elves: 3.5 does it, but I tone it down, myself

dwarves: i think they should be of equal skill, but
elves: dwarves focus on heavy shit, elves on light shit

>no colonial era setting with the elvish and dwarven empire competing to discover and colonise more of the world, all the while enslaving the native orcs, humans and halflings
>no age of sail combat between dwarvish ironclads and elvish ensorcelled vessels
>no necromancer pirates plaguing the trade routes

Were you really this retarded, to not get he was just shitposting?

As DM, it is within your power to do exactly this.

lol you're the same dude.

Doesn't really matter since humans are better than both elves and dwarves in every category except lifespan

>worse at magic than elves
>less dextrous than elves
>less skilled than elves
>shorter than elves
>less attractive than elves
>shorter lived than elves

>less sturdy than dwarves
>weaker than dwarves
>less skilled at metalurgy than dwarves
>less technologically advanced than dwarves
>shorter lived than dwarves
>less wealthy than dwarves

the only things humans are better than is orcs and goblins

In my book
>dwarves are dirty anti-theists in a world where gods are clearly present
>elves actively work for the gods
>divine intervention always better than craftsmanship
>dwarves, the ones who haven’t turned into creole rednecks flipping off the name of their creator, are respected as the best masons, miners, and smiths
See also: low birth rate

I've never seen a more painfully "ironic" false flag

lol you're a retard.

>Dwarves should be longer lived than elves.

I'll give you these, but the long-lived thing is my personal preference.

Magic isn't really a dwarf thing though. They should have the weakest magic, barring weird barbarian shaman magic type stuff.

How about:
>Dwarves should have better armor than elves
>Elves should have better weapons than dwarves

I can get behind this. Some will complain, because weapons are more important and more interesting than armor for most people.

I agree with some of those. But dwarves shouldn't always win.

Flaws and failings are why certain characters/races/civilizations are interesting.

I always thought of it between quality and quantity: dwarves have the option of mass production, of fairly high quality arms and armour. The only problem is their small populations, so I imagine they'd become an economic power rather quickly. Elves, on the other hand, are generally more aligned to individual artifacts, of incredible power, with the rest of them being stuck with purchased goods, or second rate gear.

Keyword: "should".
As in "but they don't". And never will.

>You must be this tall to be relevant

Reminder that even Thorin wielded an elvish blade, and acknowledged that there was no match for a weapon of its kind.

Elves making the best weapons is ingrained deep into fantasy literature.

Well...he fact is that the Negroid Elves are not the best established, while the Dwarves have an origin story, names, a homeland and a purpose. Personally I don't think Negroid Elves and the Dwarves are the same dudes in the Prose Edda.

Dwarf Fortress's plot is centered on this concept, user.

I think the Dwarves should at least have SOME enchanted armor and weaponry. Like, the Axe of the Dwarvish lords or something of that sort would be cool to have around. Maybe a Dwarven noble house has an ancestral magical sword/axe/mace/warhammer or some armor.

Feanor said hello.

Feanor can eat shit.
Dwarf masterwork is best masterwork.

SUre your dwarves dipshits made jewels so fucking amazing that they were used by the gods to make trees who produced everlasting light.

What is the purpose of threads like this?

Do you think this is having a positive impact on this board and the content it can produce?

It does not. It is not. You're shitposting. Stop it.

Ye boi, Dwarves make the best shit. They're the goddamn greatest makers of all things. A maker race of great renown with many fortresses and artifacts to their name.

So Dragon Age dwarves?

The elves there got nuked into slavery

>depends on the setting

My elves make things that are more "pretty" and colourful.

My dwarves make things that look like shit but will last twice as long as Elven or Human shit.

Screencapping the best thing in this thread.

I tried playing it, I couldnt get passed the ascii interface for literally fucking everything.

Oh but wait!
I'm retarded!

Starter packs and tilesets will prove to be invaluable user. Don't be so easily dissuaded!

This