Does anyone here play / know how to play 'Epic Card Game?'

Does anyone here play / know how to play 'Epic Card Game?'
I've got questions because the battle phase seems super confusing to me.

Question : Let's say that player 'A' is playing against player 'B'

It's A's turn. He attacks with champions that he's summoned. Now, player B gets to respond by using events and powers, correct? Can he also summon a champion at this time or can it only be champions with Ambush?

Second Question : Player A tried to end his turn, at this time player B does events /powers. Because of this, player A's turn doesn't end and he can play events /powers again or pass. Can he also summon champions at this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

i0.wp.com/www.tomsepicgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Epic-Turn-Flow-April-2017-Update.jpg
epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/April-2017-Rule-Book-small.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 hate for the game

I literally just want rules clarification. I know people really dislike the game

Bump because I didn't expect this board to be so active.

So NO ONE? Literally no one plays this game here?

I've played it, and really enjoy it as a simplified MtG-like experience.

I think you can only summon Champions with Ambush. Not sure about the end turn thing though, it hasn't really come up in my experience.

Love the game.

To explain combat breakdown:

A declares combat. He attacks with whoever he wants that can attack (already out or had Blitz).

Then A has priority, can drop Ambush champions or cast events. Eventually he passes.

Then B has priority. He can drop Ambush champions or events. He eventually passes.

If B did anything, A has priority again, repeat that part of cycle.

Once priority is exhausted, B gets to declare blockers.

Then, B has priority. B can play Ambush champions or Events. Eventually he passes.

A now has priority, can play Ambush champions or Events. Eventually he passes.

If A did anything, B has priority, cycle repeats until done.

Damage is assigned. Combat ends.

Now, you can repeat combat as much as you want.

i0.wp.com/www.tomsepicgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Epic-Turn-Flow-April-2017-Update.jpg

To your second question.

A declares intent to end turn, passes to B.

If B does anything, once he finishes all he wants to do (Ambush champions or Events only), then it's back to being A's turn.

So A can attack, play non-Ambush champions, Events, etc. just like normal.

Eventually, A can attempt to end his turn again, cycle repeats. If B doesn't do anything, turn actually ends, B's turn begins.

I see. So I CAN'T summon normal champions when it's someone else's turn, even when I have priority? Unless it's an Ambush champion?

That image really clears things up. Thanks

NEW QUESTION:

Can I block with champions that are deploying? I've read contradictory things from the official rulebook.

>They also enter play deploying, meaning they can only block.
Like read the rules before asking, i didn't even know the game until 3 minutes ago and i found the answer.

>Only prepared champions may block.
- April 2017 Rulebook

So yeah. You don't know shit.

>Champions enter play prepared, with the title of the card on the top. They also enter play
deploying, meaning they can only block.
so yeah i can read and youcan't (form the rules on the site)

Yes faggot, I've read the rules too. That's WHY I'm saying that I've read contradictory rules.

I've read that champions that are deploying CAN ONLY block.

I've also read in the official rulebook that a champion that isn't prepared (deploying) CAN'T block.

That's the confusion.

>Champions enter play prepared,
are you sure you can read user?
here is a quick test to find out:
If i tell you soemthing is red and also big, meaning it won't fit in a small box, does it stop beign red?

Listen man. I know you said you've just found out about the game a few minutes ago so I understand why you'd be making such a rookie mistake.

When you play a champion, it is busy deploying (i.e. summoning sickness from MTG.) That means that it can't attack or use expend abilities. I just wanna know if it can block.

The only champions that are prepared when you play them are the ones with 'Ambush.'

If we go by your logic and say that all champions, when played, are prepared, then there should be no such thing as deployment and they should be able to attack and use expend abilities too, right?

Well if someone still feels like havign real discussio nabout the game, i have been reaidng a bti about the game and the power fo creatures seems very high, how long do games last? Also the fact that 0 cost cards are limited makes me worry that whover draws more has an advantage? Of course just taking a guess since i have no idea how the cards really are, indeed beign able to play two cards instead of one can't be bad. Or maybe i am taking the game too seriously and it's supposed to be casual play only?

ok last try since i was posting again anyway, maybe you are jsut using em to bump, but whatever.

I think I understand the problem. Are you referring to an older rulebook?

Here's a screenshot from the same section in the April 2017 rulebook.

Here's the latest rulebook

epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/April-2017-Rule-Book-small.pdf

i think you don't understand, you mentioned magic so i will use magic to explain, i will rewrite the phrase using magic words and hopefully you get it.
Creatures enter the battlefield untapped.They also enter affected by summoning sickness, meaning they can only block. A crteature stops beign affected byt summonign sickness at the beginning of your upkeep.(also the quote isn't form the rulebook, but it's oon the one sheet rules, but the rulebook says the same thing)

Creatures entering the battlefield are both deploying and prepared meaning they can block, but not attack or tap for an effect.

Ok this is tiring now. Listen, just show me that a deploying champion can block in this rulebook and that'll end it.

is this clear enough or do you want me to email the game designer to believe me? Once again 30 seconds of reading is what it should take a normal person to understand the rule. I hope you will understand it now at least.

Sure man. That does it.

can you jsut tell me until when you were serious and when you started just trollign me?

I honestly still think that the rulebook itself has mistakes.

I still don't understand how the rules say that: "Only prepared champions may block."

While still saying that: "A deploying champion
can’t attack or use [expend] powers, but it can block."

A 'deploying' champion isn't 'prepared.' Those are literally opposites in this game.

I dunno man. But thanks for all your effort.

This might help you OP. For what it's worth, I play Epic casually and it's lot of fun with the girlfriend. All the cards are strong as shit.

>A 'deploying' champion isn't 'prepared
that's your problem, a champion can be both prepared and deploying,it's a shitty name choice, but the rulebook clearly says that.

Yeah, I just read that here as well.

But that doesn't make any sense to me.

If a champion is 'prepared' then according to the rules: "This champion is ready to attack, block, or use [expend] powers with an expend ( ) cost."

But, also according to the rules, if a champion is deploying: "Your champions are deploying until you start your turn with them in play. A deploying champion can’t attack or use [expend] powers, but it can block."

So, how can a champion be both 'prepared' and 'deploying?' If he is deploying, he shouldn't be able to attack and expend but if he is prepared he should be. Those are contradictory statements.

I just... I don't know what I'm missing here.

Deploying overrules Prepared. That is literally all you're missing.

So it's an either/or scenario, right? Either deployed or prepared? Deployed when you play the champion, then on the next turn it is Prepared. That's it, right? How can it be both prepared and deploying?

I know I probably sound stupid right now, but it's an anonymous board so I don't care. I just want some clarifications.

Something can be both prepared and deploying. The 'Cannot attack' aspect of deploying overrules the 'Can attack' portion of prepared. That is all there is to it.

lmao no, overrules means he is both,but deploying has precedence, so if prepared says he can do soemthing, but deploying says he can't then he can't, but if something requitres it to be prepared and deploying doesn't say anyhting about it, that works too. This is the often unwritten rule 0 of all ruelbooks, if soemthign more specific is in conflict with soemthign mmore general then the more specific has priority. This is usually easy to graps and intuitive but unusually stupid people can have problems with it. If a rule says creatures can attack , but a card says creatures can't attack, you wouldn't have problems with it, because you instinctively imply the mroe specific suituation of the card's effect has priority.

You know what? Sure.

I still think that the rules are written badly and in an effort to sound different from MTG, they came up with some really iffy wordings.

But, sure.

That kind of rule stacking isn't honestly uncommon? Fuck, it's basically identical to Untapped and Summoning Sickness in MtG. You are still untapped while you have Summoning Sickness, but the restrictions from Summoning Sickness overrule the usual state of being Untapped.

yes, his issue is that someone irl can't be both prepared and deploying.
i think people are forced to do so because otherwise MTG can sue them, anyway, remember to give no importance to the names of the keyword, don't try to invent what something will do before reading that, it's a great cause of rules misinterpretations.