Why do the daughters of presidents and billionaires get kidnapped more often than princesses?

Why do the daughters of presidents and billionaires get kidnapped more often than princesses?

Decreasing number and importance of royal brats.

Because capitalists know the value of human life.

I blame commies

Kidnap a royal and that entire country is coming for you with their army, since that's an affront to their nation.

Steal a rich man's kid and it's just an affront to him. He doesn't have an army

Because monarchs are historically rather close to bankruptcy at all times, while billionaires are by definition solvent and able to pay a ransom more reliably.

Princesses are part if a royal family with an existing mandate from heaven to rule. You cant kidnap a princess unless God lets you, and at that point its either a punishment for the princess or a trial for someone close to her.

Generally, you dont want to be involved in that.

Many billionaires are highly leveraged and therefore technically "close to bankruptcy" as well, if there was a stock market crash or derivatives went sideways in some manner.

So do Assassins. Often to the penny.

In the 21st century they tend to be richer.

Also Royalty are raised from birth with this sort of hreat in their heads while alot of multiMillionaires are pretty normal people or worse pride themselves on that. That means they don't like security.

Feudal societies are based on military power, a king can send his knights to save his heir.
Business empires are build on satisfying mundane needs, if a millionaire gets his little princess captured he has to knock on the door of Big Brother, the state and beg them to spare some of their forces for his specific cause.

It's basically the difference between fighting a lion and fighting a pig. Not only is one less able to defend himself, there's also more to harvest with the kill.

mercenaries are a thing

Yes but they aren't the foundation of a millionaire's empire. Unless that millionaire happens to be a crime boss or banana republic dictator

More steps between getting the whole kingdom on your ass when you kidnap a billionaire's kid.

Kidnap the king's kid, he can just say "seize him!" and the whole army and every unscrupulous mercenary around is after you. Kidnap the billionaire's kid and he has to get in contact with the king and plead his case for why he should say "seize him!"

Someone doesn't know what a boar is.

You've never seen a big wild boar have you?

I don't see how boars are relevant.
Yeah sure, it's a pig that can defend itself. Big woop. Lions are still deadlier and less edible, so if you want to replace an animal in my metaphor with a slightly different one in order to break it that's not the one. What makes me scratch my head is why you'd want to though.

lamellar doggo armor is aesthetic as fuck

>If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

I'm pretty boars kill way more people every year than lions do. I'm pretty sure that even in preindustrial societies boars killed more people than lions do. Boars are far more aggressive and territorial than lions ever will be. Lions are lazy and will hunt things that are easy to catch so they can eat. Wild pigs are just evil and will kill you because they don't like looking at you.

Well I'm pretty sure that's only because people go out to hunt boars, thinking they can take them.
In our extended metaphor that means more bandits get killed trying to capture mid-level hostages than high-profile ones in total, because more of them will try to capture rich heiresses than princesses. Once a guy does capture a princess you know he's a big shot.