Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1860: Teach me your Ways, O Bald Sensei Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/56279084/

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
fairytailfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Crash
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder to join Team Three Star! Vegeta is a lame-o!

I wonder if buying the capstone that lets you start with your own ki attack, then continuing to use it even after Roshi's training, would disappoint him.

>>Last Thread
>boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/56279084/
REEEEEEE

Yeah, not sure how I messed up there. Sorry bruv. Does the link work anyway?

Daily reminder to support your jumpmakers by donating to their Patreons, if they have them.

Yeah, it works fine

You know, I've been reading a lot of scenarios lately, and I've noticed that the difficulty and rewards just don't add up. Scenarios are almost always far too challenging for what they give you.

Wait, we're supposed to have Patreons? Why didn't someone tell me?

Exactly. Why am I not getting Capital-G God-like abilities for completing the dynasty scenario in ASoIaF.

So how do you Jumper break other people's equipment?

Not the skyrim ones. Just being dragonborn is a pretty huge plus, I mean taking that scenario then hitting up the soul eater jump and taking lucky cat means I am literally 9 dragons sharing a body!

You're Voldemort, why would we tell you?

Which scenarios?

My keen fashion sense.

People from off-site seem to think that Valeria is popular, that the only reason her jumps get onto the drive is because people like the jumpmaker. That couldn't be further from the truth. No one actually likes or uses her jumps: Rather than being well-regarded around here, she's more akin to that crazy member of your family who occasionally walks around naked and shouts at clouds/service staff. You don't let them do what they want because you approve of it, you do it because they're fairly easily ignored and the trouble of dealing with them is oftentimes not worth the effort. You just ignore her antics and sometimes correct her when her bullshit is too harmful to other people.

By enchanting their gear to turn them into dragons if they get too excited. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw lucy from farie tale turn into a giant lizard. Natsu was confused.

Fairy Tale has some nice stuff with Crash Magic.

>their gear to turn them into dragons if they get too excited

that's oddly specific but I dig

>implying

Shut the fuck up and take the hint, OAA. You aren't respect, and you aren't wanted.

Are strawmen a fetish?

Ok it was more of a prank, I dont like to hand out my shinies.

HA! Jokes on you, with no patreon your reign of evil and strange fashion sense shall run out in due time.

Is that like a car related perk?

>I dont like to hand out my shinies.

What kind of shinies do you have?

What should I dress in for the ball faery jumpmother?

>Is that like a car related perk?
Eh not really. fairytailfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Crash

Senarios are somewhat inconsistent, like drawbacks some tend to make assumptions about the jumper's preexisting abilities which can make them suicidal with insufficient reward for anyone relying on in setting, similar, and/or lower level stuff. The problem is that if that sort of thing was balanced entirely against the setting anyone particularly powerful can deal with them just fine where as this way you need to be stomping on the setting for them to be easy.

I turn their equipment into tsukumogami, and have them argue with their wielder over how they're being used. Almost no one is prepared for their sword being tsundere at them.

I keep picking up anti-magic perks, my aspect from Sburb is Void, and one of my aspects from APGTE is "End". (It's not all that powerful, it makes things stop working for a time, as though they just ran out of juice - technological, magical, metaphysical powers, protections, and abilities.)
If their shit isn't special, it can be destroyed. And that's what Princes do.

It may be monochromatic when it doesn't have the scarf, but you can't deny this is a snazzy suit.

Birthday suit.

The rewards aren't really the point, as far as I can tell.

>Is that like a car related perk?
You could call it the magic of Shattering and Explosions. Crash magic is for when you absolutely, positively have to destroy every motherfucker on the battlefield.

Well I have a ring that stops time for a fraction of a second when you would take lethal damage.

A crown that lets you command reptiles.

A lot of various bladed weapons.

A hat that makes you a loli.

A bag of planets (shrank down of course)

Lots of space ships

Some sailing vessels.

All sorts of armor/enchanted gear.

Lots of stuff

A micro bikini.

Dress to impress!

Thanks, and I heard their dragons get motion sickness. That's odd.

>have them argue with their wielder over how they're being used. Almost no one is prepared for their sword being tsundere at them.

that's amusing

APGTE?

I don't know why but the way his head and neck are coming out of that suit make me think of toothpaste being lightly squeezed out.

Then why bother taking the scenario.

>APGTE?
A Practical Guide To evil.

Oh, he was just waiting for Harry to get off the train. Figured he was the better option to go home with, rather than a giraffe, a walrus, and a pig-in-a-wig.

cool

>A hat that makes you a loli.

that's one's not like the others

What is that setting about?

Because, it provides structure and a challenge that isn't a drawback (Which limit perks or other things), or it's just something you were going to do anyway so you may as well get a feather in your cap for it. It's more for story's sake as far as I can tell.

What are the best settings for fighting dragons?

>that's one's not like the others

Another prank item. I like to give it to people. It is only temporary. The effect wears off in a couple days.

>What is that setting about?
Some villains are trying to break the cycle of crazy evil overlords and victorious-against-the-odds heroes. They're very practical about things, thus the name.
Unfortunately, it seems like the heavens are taking their demise seriously now, and the next generation of evil overlords isn't ready to take their place - but they're getting there.

Shit starts out small, but quickly escalates into punching demons in the face, getting fucked over by the fae trying to use a whole city's worth of souls to turn creation into faerieland, and international geo-politics, controlled by people who can level armies and raise flying castles with blood sacrifices.

>I like to give it to people

Got a fun storytime?

Skyrim. Like it is literally made for it.

To give you something to do really, though that varies from one person's scenario to the next. That's what the point of the Bloodborne Scenarios were at least. Back when I was writing the Bloodborne Update I was getting consistent requests for a way out of the setting fast because people didn't really know what to do after the plot of the game. I included something for that, but I also felt a bit bad about the idea of people just swinging by for a few days tops and flying out. So as a solution I included a bunch of scenarios so people had some structure for exploration and adventures.

Thanks, user.

Im no good with story times, I gave it to thor and tony stark in mcu and that was pretty funny. Tony just made a loli sized armor and thor was mainly angry because he couldnt handle his alcohol for a while.

Eventually I attempted to put it on ultrons head but that didnt work out well. Loli robots are harder to kill for some reason.

>JumpChain
>story

>No Cinderella jump
Another one of those really basic things that we should have done before we resorted to obscure LNs.

>but quickly escalates into punching demons in the face

how big are they?

>Tony just made a loli sized armor and thor was mainly angry because he couldnt handle his alcohol for a while.

thats a fun mental image

Cinderella has no power levels.

We still don’t have Wizard of Oz, TMNT, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and other classics. I mean, at least with Cinderella you can say that we have Disney Princess, but for those others, nothing.

A power fantasy still needs a framework. Otherwise it's just playing that game where you use perspective to squish someone's head between your fingers

>how big are they?
It was a giant worm that ate cavalry, and made of stitched together human faces that still talked and bit and laughed.

Gotta at least try to give incentive, and it can be pretty fun. Hopefully gonna try getting back into it myself soon.

clearly someone isn't reading yoros stuff

That's how it goes for all the shitposters. They're jealous and bitter that nobody cares about them, so they just lash out with obvious bait in the hopes of attention, any at all.

>What is that setting about?
Imagine if Worm was a fantasy series and insufferably genre-aware.

So basically the shitposter's just OAA still butthurt after losing to Valeria?

Sad, really.

It's like pottery.

What are some jumps/perks that make you a mature adult?

What's like pottery? Is the ghost of Patrick Swayze involved?

People don't grow up user, they just accrue experience.

When isn't he?

Just go to any that aren't shounen. Gargoyles, for example.

DECADE HAS NO STORY!

Damn straight user, damn straight.

Everyone is going to be screaming "BEEEEEES" aren't they? I remember you enjoying the quirks others made with that bee one.

There aren't any. At all. It speaks volumes.

Where should I begin the Great American Empire?

Hah, maybe. I've begun to accept the bee memes into my soul so it could be fun. Not sure what kind of story I'll go for since the last time I was writing stuff out was kinda angsty.

Breaking Point technique. It's one of the two Supreme Amazon Ki Techniques from Ranma 1/2, and the durability boost alone is worth it, but combined with that technique? It's just great. I usually get it regardless of background.

Metal Wolf Chaos is a good starting point.

You should spread Bees and the joy of them to all. Nothing could go wrong.

Just a question for you folks here, how do you feel about a perk that allows you to experience your jumps (if you choose) by starting as a child/baby for a few years before you actually start your jumps decade timer? Bad idea or good idea?

>OC Companions are loyal to you by fiat
>You can give each of them a dragon egg
>You can have companions starting in the royal house
>Implying that the scenario is hard even as a first jump

Is anyone else having trouble uploading pics? I get a connection error each time I try
Didn't Worm had some of those?

I feel like it would mess with the framing device for a lot of jumps. And people would just abuse it for extra training time. So probably not a great idea.

I have sown for you a dress with fabric formed of a young man's fancy, Sewn together with Thread made of young girls dreams of their wedding day there shall be none more Well-dressed at the ball then you.

Jorge Joestar has a perk that makes you always the president of the US.

>You can't afford both it and Ultimate Lifeform
>Ultimate Lifeforms cannot become the president, due to being born on Mars

I would try to avoid anything that meta
I mean, if you want to do that, you can use the UDS

>Obeying drawbacks limits

SBURB is supposed to help you grow up - or at least Skaia wants you to. That's why it kills any adults you bring into the game with your house, so you have to rely on yourself.

I'm generally against it since a lot of Jumps start at a specific time for a reason and it's functionally just more time to do things. Also interacts oddly with origins since they usually list helpful or thematic memories to introduce you to the world.

Yeah, that's a problem that crops up at times. I don't know if there's a fix, it just got better for me eventually when I had that problem.

Ok then never mind it. Thanks.

>Not annexing Mars as the 51st state
I'm actually unsure as to whether their place of birth becoming part of the United States would allow someone to become the president.

It worked for letting Napoleon be considered French, so maybe? No, wait, he was born a year after that.

I dunno.

Metal wolf jump has a perk to always be president as well.

TWEWY, the Personas, and SBURB all reward developing as a person and maturing.

Presumably almost any jump that allows you to take a non-Drop in background.

As a counterpoint, Neverland /hates/ it when you do that.

>pic

Solo game vs bots?

>SBURB
Isn't that the jump with the super hyper incest?