Supervillian plan involves destroying the world and remaking it in his own idea of perfection

>Supervillian plan involves destroying the world and remaking it in his own idea of perfection

>turns out much better than the old world

First, stop doing drugs and watching cartoons before starting threads on Veeky Forums.

Second, if it "turns out" better, then thst means the BBEG's plan is over and done with and the PCs are one a better world.
Why are they fighting again?
Third, reread the first point.

>Second, if it "turns out" better, then thst means the BBEG's plan is over and done with and the PCs are one a better world.
>Why are they fighting again?
It sounds like you just described the Madoka: Rebellion movie.

The problem with all the "let me do an unspeakable evil that kills everyone, I promise it will make everything better and you are all going to be back and happy afterwards!" plans is that you have no way of proving that it will work. And why the fuck would you trust anyone who is willing to attempt destroying the world and not expect them to fuck with you?

>the Madoka: Rebellion movie.
Can you nutshell the similarities?
Because my point was that it kinda made no sense, so you got me curious enough to ask, but not enough to investigate.

An oxymoron.
Before the plan succeed he has no way of knowing how the new universe will behave, after it succeed it's easy to just say "yeah it's much better than the last one! Nothing wrong about destroying creation for my own ambition hahaha"

Not the kind of game I want to play in, to be honest, unless I'm the one with the harebrained "remake the world" plan after some sort of cataclysm. No point in giving your villains the moral highground. It doesn't make the narrative more deep, or even grey, it just makes it harder to communicate.

The only way I can see to make this play well is to double down on it in a way. The villain fails and makes a shithole, now you have to use the same plan yourself to put things back how they were.

>oxymoron
That is not how you use that word.

Sorry my bad
Know any word that could describe it better?

>Supervillian plan involves destroying the world and remaking it in his own idea of perfection
It's not a better world for all the people who died on the old world, because they're dead now.

Not only was the paradigm shift from fucking Feudal Japan to The Actual Future huge, the future was clearly fucking awful, dude. How are you gonna compare the past to the future so easily? Sheeit.

See
>doing drugs and watching cartoons before starting threads on Veeky Forums

Seriously this. Did OP even watch Samurai Jack?

Isn't that what happened in Age of Sigmar?

But they don't matter anymore, because they're dead now.

What if there is objective proof that it will work, but people are just too scared to try it.

t. an atheist

There is no similarities because there's no "Villain" that changes the world in Madoka's setting.

If they mean Homura then it's not a better world, it's a facsimile of a world full of shitty puppets so Homura can spend her time continuing to fondle Madoka to keep her from remembering she's a god being and fix everything, because apparently Homura thought fucking dying and going to Magical Girl Valhalla to be in lesbians for eternity anyways wasn't "good enough". Cause she's a 30 something year old psychopathic stalker trapped in a 15 year old's body who's too obsessed with their waifu.

And that's my explanation on why everyone on /a/ needs to fucking die for the betterment of mankind.

If they scared the proof is clearly not objective enough

Based Alexander

It's a sequel movie to the Madoka series, in which young girls make contracts to become magical girls in exchange for wishes, dooming themselves to battle against Witches until they either die or become witches themselves due to despair. At the end of the main series, MC uses her wish to make it so magical girls don't turn into wishes and they can fight free of despair, but in the process MC becomes a sort of pseudo-deity, forgotten by everyone except another girl, Homura.

Sequel movie has Homura in a weird world with the girls from the original series, except they're fighting nightmare-monsters which can be beaten by singing, and no one has to die. It's a much happier world than we saw in the original, with characters that previously were at their throats now best buds. Clearly something is up, but it seems to be up to the benefit of everyone.

We find out Homura is actually a witch and this is all a demiplane of her own creation, where most people here are either fakes or subtly mind-controlled. She decides to overturn this order, despite people being happy, because it isn't right to deceive everyone and keeped them trap in a cage like that.

You have another example when at the very end She becomes a demigod herself and yoinks the personality out of the original MC to put in a new demiplane, so that she can live happily as a normal girl. This is still seen as rebellion against god, despite ostensibly being for her own good. Other characters view it as an evil act.

Complicated bad guy wanting to make a better world through questionable means, in a manner which can be opposed by other characters.

Ah.
Facsimile, not really a true remaking.
Gotcha.
But closer than I thought possible.

>And that's my explanation...
It is more compelling an argument than most I've seen presented here.

Apologies for the bump, my bad.

What even did he accomplish, besides convincing everyone he was great?
He didn't build any infrastructure and he didn't spread any culture around.

Villain is a beholder that is kidnapping and coercing Wizards into building bootleg eyes of vecna for himself.

He wants to eventually usurp Vecna and take the mantle of death. One of his slaves died and he wants her back. He doesn't understand mortality and sees it as Vecna stealing from him, so he'll take everything from Vecna.

It's not called the Hellenistic Age for nothing, user. He slapped Greek veneers over all of that.

You forget that immediately after Homura transcends her own witch-hood to become something even more powerful, then uses that powerful to assert the ideals of the world she created on the actual universe. Her friends are still all mind-controlled to believe everything is fine. They are still out of harm's way. They are still together and alive in an ideal world built on lies. The only difference is that now Homura herself is aware of it, a fact that causes her to alienate herself from others because she knows it's all a lie.

Homura, once again, sacrifices her own life and happiness for Madoka, and everyone else (though they're kind of an afterthought compared to her pathological obsession with Madoka.)

How can there be objective proof if it has never been tried before? Theoretical proof, maybe, but that's like explaining quantum suicide to a random bystander and giving them a gun.

Uh, is that how the movie went down?

I'm pretty sure Homura went psycho bitch because she can't respect Madoka and ruined everything.

I'm pretty sure Madoka's world isn't built on lies. The core concept of her original wish is that it re-wrote the universe.

...such as?

How did I forget that? I said she became a demigod and created that new world where people are mentally influenced. I didn't omit that.

Madoka did directly tell her that she wouldn't ever want to do the sort of thing that she did, thus making Homura feel like she had failed to protect her. Giving Madoka a second opportunity at a normal life could be viewed as atoning for Homura's earlier failure to stop her from making a wish. Clearly this was misguided, and the conversation the rationale is based off of occurred when Madoka didn't have the complete picture, but I can still see where Homura came from.

>Madoka did directly tell her that she wouldn't ever want to do the sort of thing that she did

When?

When she asked her to keep her stupid self from ever making a wish.

The very thing that started the entire timeline mess.

Wait what? Was this in the movie or the show? I remember Madoka saying she wouldn't know what to wish for but never saying "I don't want to make a wish."

Is that some stupid "the first timeline" bullshit?

It was in the episode of the show detailing Homura's story up to the present point. One of the early loops had Madoka telling her to go back and stop her from making a wish.

I'm and I was actually referring to the scene in the movie, where they're talking in the field of flowers. Madoka says she'd never make the decision to leave her family and friends, that it'd be too terrible a fate.

No, in Age of Sigmar, every villain has this plan, but in the end, the good guy's the one who gets to remake the world.
Or they all end up in an entirely new, preexisting setting, and Jack Kirby appoints them all to run the place.
Or something. It'll make sense by 3rd Edition.

Alexander spent his entire career destroying what Cyrus had built up. The guy was so butthurt he literally marched his army through a desert, killing thousands if not tens of thousands, when he could easily have walked around it for the SOLE PURPOSE of showing he was better than Cyrus (because Cyrus lost his army in that desert at some point trying to cross it for actually legitimate reasons).

I’m so glad this shitty cartoon is gone forever, just wish the nostalgia babbies would learn to be quiet about it

t. butthurt Iranian

But then I'd never post on Veeky Forums.

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

its the ozy in watchmen issue
>"I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end."
Just because he succeeded in conquering his enemies and rebuilding the world doesn't necessarily mean he has any capacity or talent to rule the new one. The new world needs perpetual maintenance because that's what a world is.