What might a paladin of the goddess of night and valour shout as he slays monsters?

What might a paladin of the goddess of night and valour shout as he slays monsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8LNPeVPMIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"For you, there is no dawn!"

SLEEP TIME, ASSHOLES

Assuming you actually meant "night" and valour and not might or something

''in the night the valiants stay awake !''

Nox vult !

"In the dark, light shines brightest!"

>Darkness take you!
>there are no stars in your darkness!
>a red moon rises for you!
But apart from that valor and night are two stupid attributes to give to the same god. Valor is associated with fire, battle and energy, night is associated with darkness, quiet and contemplation

You just lack imagination. The day is bright and beautiful, and the night is dark and full of terrors - of course you'll need a goddess dedicated to protecting you during it.
You don't need a lantern at noon, unless you're Diogenes.

If you're lazy, you can tailor the Night's Watch oath a little, in part for as a whole

So no one has to google it:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

it's a good oath, even if I hate GRRM.

>even if I hate GRRM.
All memes aside, can you tell me why? And I mean "memes aside", so no tax policies or fat pink masts.

If its dark and full of terrors, its OBVIOUSLY NOT THE DOMINION OF A COMFORTING GOD.
Is English a second language for you? How do you fail to connect these concepts.

"Ships DON'T belong IN SANDWICHES!"
"Hurrrr you just lack imagination."
Your imagination is WRONG sometimes, snowflake. Own your failures.

Light OPPOSES darkness. Way to miss the basics of dualism.

I could, but I best not derail the thread.

Fuck me, someone's cranky.

Cranky and hilarious.

>The Night is no longer yours!
>Do you have the courage to face YOUR nightmare, beast?!
>Moon: shield! Stars: Arrows! Night: my vigil!
>You cannot hide even in darkness!
>I am the eternal lantern!
>In brightest day or darkness night, no evil shall escape my sight!
>I am the terror that strikes in the night!

and shit, now I'm thinking of Green Lanterns.

youtube.com/watch?v=c8LNPeVPMIo

>If its dark and full of terrors, its OBVIOUSLY NOT THE DOMINION OF A COMFORTING GOD.
Who said the god was comforting? The legend tells that she became divine due to her being the only one to stand in defence of mankind as they fled the elves. They all ran whilst she, in the middle of the blackest night (both literally or metaphorically), when she could barely see shit, against the elves who could see with ease, stood her ground to try and buy humanity time. She's the goddess of protection, last stands, the lantern in the dark. The whole point is she is both the embodiment of the night and also a protector for humanity against the things that dwell within it.

Also the goddess of the sun is a child goddess of health and stuff i think, and that's humanities only other deity.

This is Breksta. She is slavic (lithuanian, to be exact) goddess of the night, described as a protector of men from sunset to sunrise. She is not evil in any way.
Nephthys is a goddess of night, death, birth and nursing children. She is also described as a protective goddess, a patron of near death experiences.
Khontu, Luna and other moon gods and godesses also represent the night gods. I don't know a single evil or malicious moon god.

Now is the part where you admit that your autistic spergout was misplaced and kill yourself out of shame. Your only knowledge of gods comes from Forgotten Realms books, and it really shows.

I'm not SAYING she can't be.
I'm SAYING it SEEMS like you're IN DENIAL that they're two CONFLICTING portfolios.
You REALLY want to dick-measure the number of GOOD 'darkness' gods vs the number of BAD darkness gods?

Ill take 'what spells do undead hate' for 500 gold, mr Gameshow host.

Your story to justify it is fine, but irrelevant.
Its possible to have a god of WEALTH and FAMINE too, but the concepts clash a little.
Its not impossible to realize, or justify, its just IN CONFLICT.
Stop denying and ILL STOP SPERGING OUT GAAAAAAHHH!

Dude, I'm not the guy you were originally replying to. I was just giving context.

You're literally fucking retarded.

Wow. You might be legitimately autistic, not in a meme way.

LISTEN you condescending little shit, I get that that was bait, but I was playing 2nd ed whilst you were still in your daddys nutsack. You take your slavic god TO EGYPT
BECAUSE THATS WHERE DENIAL IS.
GAME SUTEK AND MATCH!

Can we all just ignore this guy and get on with the thread?

No, he's fun.

That's fair.

This is the best of them so far. Succinct is good.

"Boo!"

Better question, what sort of divine magics would a paladin of such a deity be wielding?

If we go by what says, those dedicated to protection, killing monsters, and probably bringing light/seeing in the dark.

Back to your dark pit.
fpbp

hang on, if the two dieties are sun and night themed, how do they differ from each other in powers if both bring light?

For some reason, I immediately thought of Moon Knight and Khonshu.

Same way sun and moon differ from each other.

"I SHALL SMITE YOU IF I MANAGE TO FIND YOU"

Sweet dreams

Time to go to sleep.

I'm actually not overly familiar with these things to be fair. Also, I'm pretty sure the setting doesn't actually have a moon?

Nothing.
The paladin should be silent and stealthy.
Using his hearing to locate his enemies, walking softly to approach them, only charging when at close range. Without a word.
Not hiding and sneaking, but becoming one with the night.
He should be trained in blind fight, talk only in whispers, sometimes (rarely) shouting to taunt his enemies to attack him.
According to the background , he will probably be a human, so he fight in darkness and must use other senses, having a warcry is then counterproductive and without ties with the roleplay.

Okay, so emphasis on his senses being heightened? That's cool. So you essentially play a spidersense paladin?

It's even better this way. God of day is a god that brings light. He makes sun rise. But night goddess, she can't make the darkness go away. She can't even become a moon, to guide the path of her followers. But she can guide them. She can tell them about how the night and it's horrors, and how even they are afraid of the life and flame. She can teach them to make fires and torches, to forge silver weapons that the monsters fear, to guard their homes with charms and incenses that will scare the terrors away.
Followers of the day god bask in his light. Followers of the night goddess ARE her light. "We are the flame" - they say, - "The darkness fears us!"

Also, what setting is that, that doesn't even have a moon? Your DM's invention, I assume?

>Also, what setting is that, that doesn't even have a moon? Your DM's invention, I assume?
Pretty much yeah. He says plenty of settings have multiple moons, or give the planet rings or something, but he's never seen a setting where there's just nothing.

To be fair, the whole planet's weird. I don't think it's even an actual planet at all.

Because those are/have been associated with sun gods in most religions in our world. Even capital G God is associated with the sun. In a setting where Valor has always been associated with a god of night it wouldn't seem wrong.

SAY GOOD NIGHT!!

In your most anime voice

Well, not heightened in the super power/magical sense, but rather in a martial training sense. In DnD3.x for example, i would try to grab feats like blindfight. If possible , things like blindsight. And high listen skill.
As a rule of cool, i would avoid magical vision items, since the goddess fought in the night without any other help that skill and will.

Or the class/carrier/... could give a darkvision, in the idea that the goddess wants her servants to be the rulers of the night. But it defeat the spirit imo.

But in anyway, having a human screaming in the dark is the best way to end as a prey. Most of his enemies will have low light vision and be able to execute him at will.

>the only correct answer

>Setting has no moon

I

AM

BATMAN!

>I don't know a single evil or malicious moon god.

Allah.

>she shouts "I'M WET!"

My first thought was "I am the terror that flaps in the night."

More seriously:
"The darkness claims you"
"Cower before the night's fury"
"The darkness is no refuge from my justice"
"You can hide from the light, but not the eyes of [Goddess]"
"Your final night is here"

May the dark shine your way

>night's fury
>portraying night as animated and angry rather than cold and silent

Ugh

OP specified Night and Valor. "Cold and silent" doesn't really fit with Valor. Maybe if it was Night and Judgement, or Night and Retribution, but not Night and Valor.

Valor means bravery.
You can be cold and silent and brave at the same time.
In fact, fighting enemies in the darkness as a human is quite brave, suicidal if not done properly. And even then.
So revealing your position by screaming like a pig or by carrying a light is suicide.

Lets do a bit of roleplay.
You are in the woods, the night is moonless. You hear wolves howling in the distance. You meet one and kill it before he can warn the others by howling himself. They can spot you by smell, sound, and even sight.
You are almost blind, not them.
Do you scream ?
If yes, then all predators around know you are here. The wolf packs, and maybe the local bear if not asleep.

I am all for cool stuff, as long as it has some reasonning behind it.
But not on this.

Now, in a RPG with homicidal elves, monsters and whatever can haunt the local area, will you shout ?
I dont think so unless the character is completly retarded or godly strong.

Also, warcries are memes in RPG. They are repetitive, boring and replace good roleplay.
Avoid them as plague outside battles. Warcries are rallying cries. This is their purpose.
PC should never look like STR units, who spout always the same stuff when you click on them.

Finally, players tend to scream irl. It is very very annoying. I like my games immersives and comfy.

I love tg.

>Vereor Nox
Alternatively
>"DARKNESS CALLS...and he left a message."

Another Nights Watch Oath

“I comma square bracket recruit's name square bracket comma do solemnly swear by square bracket recruit's deity of choice square bracket to uphold the Laws and Ordinances of the City of Ankh-Morpork comma serve the public truƒt comma and defend the ƒubjects of his ƒtroke her bracket delete whichever is inappropriate bracket Majeƒty bracket name of reigning monarch bracket without fear comma favour comma or thought of perƒonal ƒafety semi-colon to purƒue evildoers and protect the innocent comma comma laying down my life if neceƒsary in the cauƒe of said duty comma so help me bracket aforeƒaid deity bracket full stop Gods Save the King stroke Queen bracket delete whichever is inappropriate bracket full stop.”

“Fuck you, you fucking fuck fuckers! I’m gonna fuck all you fucks up!”

Does she squat a lot?

the moon is her ass - she squats all night and in the day she stands and walks about

Aren’t there some monster sense that aren’t necessarily visual? I recall only tremorsense at the moment.

Gop gop gop.

Imagine the power of that BRAP.
Tidal waves would be a very serious health issue.

"the True Night of death embraces you!"

Skate fast, eat ass.

"I am the Night in shining armor!"

Bed Time!

"TO THE FRIEND ZONE WITH YOU!"