I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to time getting in and out of cryptos

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to time getting in and out of cryptos.

What is your measurement for candlesticks? 1min/15min/30min/1hr/1day/1week/etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0068344
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'm a pleb, but it helps to look at the rsi. if that shit is high, sell don't buy

I’ve heard mixed things about TA. Some say yes it totally works, some say no it’s just confirmation bias so I don’t even know anymore. I’m sure if we took 10 anons from here looking at the same chart we’d get 15 different answers.

most people saying TA is a meme are lying to keep newfags in the dark or just parroting someone else saying it

oh my lord this cheat sheet is soooo fucking informative....

TA doesn't work in crypto. Shit goes up and down for no reason.

i was legit this guy and now i'm slowly reforming. good TA will let you know in the moment sentiment, an indispensable tool for day/swing trading. it certainly won't account for a mcafee tweet though!

Thank you kindly for the suggestion.

Oh I don't doubt it, but the way I figure it, people are creature of both convenience and habit. TA might not be perfect but it just like in poker there might be some 'tells' that one just needs to see ever so often in the market.

I'm just trying to get a better sense of scale and whether to focus more macro (1 day/week/month) or more micro (1min/15min/30min) to grow the little money I have in the marker (sub $3 k) little by little.

TA works better in crypto than it does in stocks and forex

Homework time

Try this

TA is hogwash!

We use TA as a sort of speculative tool to aide us. It is complete confirmation bias and is not entirely representative of the market and all factors involved. Does not predict/consider political interventions such as what we saw in South Korea and their exchanges, it just looks at patterns and spits back similar trends

According to the RSI for Stellar, it's been overbought and might be due for a dip. And if you look at the RSI for Ripple that thing is WAY off the chart.

I notice that a lot of indicators only look correct after the fact. Prior to a pump/crash, there's no indication that either event would happen.

3 year candles as all my coins are long-term hodls

Another thing I’ve been trying to figure out is spotting a potential coin. What IS considered healthy growth vs something that is just artificially pumped by pajeets?

go to a plebcore market like tradesatoshi and coinsmarket and lurk for a coin that has a decent website. if it's a couple of satoshi's, dump some light gainz in there and shill it on Veeky Forums

TA is bullshit. For real.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0068344

My YTD is 1000%+ ROI vs BTC; my total (since dec 2013) vs BTC is 18000%+. Pick assets with strong fundamentals and hodl.

elliot waves are much better for crypto

no, it's really not, you should set the time a little bigger so you can see some trends.

no it's not, TA is great in the short run for predicting good prices and shit like that. It's primarily for day-trading, or for picking good jump in spots to hold at. It does not replace qualitative analysis

I've literally never even come close to solving a rubiks cube.

No, it's bullshit. Read the linked study.

Here's a mini trick, look at the center square for each side, that's the color that side will be since that square doesn't move at all.

What's the alternative? I hardly would count FUD/FOMO as a solid strategy :/

i just read the linked study
its complete dog shit and you should feel ashamed for wasting my time.
now fuck off

the alternative is invest on fundamentals, like I said.

whats wrong with it, other than that it contradicts your git rich quick tea leaves?

>Wait until a new coin is shilled on Veeky Forums, reddit, wherever
>Look up said new coin
>consider if what the coin promises to do, how likely it is that it will succeed (solving a real world problem, how many competitors/first mover, adoption, etc...)
>consider how likely it is that the team behind it will deliver.
>ask yourself where you see this coin in 3 months.
>Reevaluate the coin after 3 months.
Thats how I do it

And then solve the corners. Piece of cake once you use those two "tricks"