What's the opinion of the Sororitas on the Mechanicus?

What's the opinion of the Sororitas on the Mechanicus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3H4vMqYNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heretics

That give you the guns which lets you shoot more heretics

>caring what women think
you fucked up, user

So...how unlikely would be an Order that goes along with the Mechanicus?

Relax man

thotts

>The only god is the god emperor

>These guys are creeps

>Nice! new power boots!

Not unlikely. It doesn't even have to have an ideological component. One side fought alongside/saved the asses of the other side, and they've had an arrangement ever since.

Maybe they were both connected though the same rogue trader family from way back. He recovered a lot of STC documents and lost relics when on crusade, and both the Admech and the SoBs had representatives on board, and reinforcements on standbye.

Great. In the religious aspect, would they accept the Omnissiah as part of the Emperor or would they consider the Mechanicus heretics?

They are a components of the Imperium, nothing more.

The Imperium is two nations in one, the Empire and the AdMech.

There was a small piece of lore where a church and AdMech splinter faction formed a unified religion. (Emperor damn I can never remember were that lore came from, since it was a blurb of fluf thrown in a book)
They had a sensible religion, triggering the AdMech and church to no end, resulting in a purge of the group.

Also back in the good old days of decent lore every Imperial army had the equivalent of a Tech-Marine.

Heretics

In private they would think the whole omnissiah thing is bullshit but considering the fact that power armor does not fix itself they keep their mouths shut.

Will look for it, thanks!
And I thought that Enginseers were sent to every faction in need of engineers

it's the moirea schism, check it on lexicanum
one of the results of itn was the iron hand getting rid of it's rebellious elements, who created the sons of medusa chapter

It involved Astartes too? That's serious

>would they accept the Omnissiah as part of the Emperor or would they consider the Mechanicus heretics?
its possible. Theres a part of the mechanicus that considers the emperor to be an aspect of the omnissiah, I don't see a reason the reverse couldn't at least sometimes happen.

It would probably be more likely if the particular sororitus and mechanicus have been in close proximity for a while.
Like a sororitus order on a Shrine world thats the moon of a Forge world. A bit of a backwater so cooperation has been a long term necessity.
recruiting largely from the same local pool has lead to an unusual closeness among members of the orders with such as quirks like refering to eachothernas Brother/Sister across organisations.

I think Sandy Mitchell showed it well. The 6th Cain takes place in a Schola. The AdMech quarter is on the opposite side of the compound from the Sisters.

Officially, they both worship different "aspects" of the Emperor, but they try to avoid taking because their dogma differs so greatly.

Now i am picturing 1 mechanicus cameraman and 1 mechanicus priest stopping random passer-by sister initiates and talking to the mic '' Hello friend, lets talk about for a moment for our lord and saviour omnissiah, why dont you believe that Emperor is the living avatar of omnissiah? ''

That picture triggers me like crazy. I never heard of that shit so I'm gonna read up on it. Any novels about it?

pretty sure the pixture is a shoop somone did in a previous thread we had on mechanicus sob.

Isn’t it from some RPG book?

Is this language scrap code

Nice. I want to fluff a Mechanicus detachment that actually goes along quite well with the Sororitas, and now I see this is possible.

Would you recommend the book/series?

Kek

This does raise a question: just who the hell maintains and builds all of the Ecclesiarchy's expensive in-house technology?

The mechanicus.
It’s like hiring a Jewish architecture firm to design a church. They’re not worshipping in it, they’re just building, designing and maintaining.

Yup, they let them do their thing if that is good for the Sororitas. It doesn't means that they are friends

Big fucking nerds. Good thing that they are around to fix those Exorcist organ-tanks, though.

SoB maintain their shit and make stuff.
The Exorcist and the Repressor are SoB invantions. Granted the last one was just replacing a water gun for a heavy Flamer and the rubber gun for a storm Bolter.

bah this is the one from the RPG.
dunno where the mechanicus bits were pinched from.

also from some art from the RPG, i think the head is from some techpriest holding a heart

It's a big Imperium, an Admech sponsored Sororitas is possible.

They think what the Ecclesiarchy wants them to, and the Ecclesiarchy has a thing for "purity of the human form", so they don't exactly have the best of relations with Mechanicus even without the religious differences.

the echlisiarchy isn't some single.united church. it has its variations and regional cults. Akin to all the variations within the albrahamic religions. But likely larger as we're talking about a whole galaxy over a period of 10000 years.

That line of thinking was the bases for SoB marine hunters. Fucking mutants alternating the perfect human form.

But like other poster said. They are Abrahmic religions in SPACE ON STEROIDS

>Purity of the human form
>Implying the AdMech isn't trying to achieve maximum purity

>implying humanity isn't already maximum purity

You don't understand Imperial Creed at all, you heretic.

Am I weird for thinking that this is the hottest the Sororitas have ever looked? Like, she's relatively ugly, but... in a way that feels appropriate for a Sister of Battle.
I'd still rather have "monoboob" armor than individual titty cups though

Let Boob armor alone, is a sacred piece of technology
Yeah, usually SoBs are sexy but here are top tier

I just think it looks stupid, and not in a sexy way. I don't begrudge people who like it, but it mostly looks ridiculous to me. In an ideal world we'd have the option of either monoboob or titty cup armor for the Sisters.

>I miss the point of the boobplate the post

>I want to fluff a Mechanicus detachment that actually goes along quite well with the Sororitas, and now I see this is possible
Here's what I'm picturing, Forge world is a gas Giant in an out of the way system. Floating refineries and processing blocks in its upper atmosphere process the planets hydrogen for fuels and strip minerals from asteroids that are captured and set into decaying orbits.
There's some auxiliary mining done on a couple of its moons and the largest moon is an agri-shrine world that feeds the system and houses the majority of the human population.
Frequent but relatively small xenos raids have necessited quick and easy cooperation between the temples of Mars and the Echlesiarchy, its now standard procedure for the mechanicus Secutors to march with their servitors into battle alongside the Sisters.
Close cooperation and sharing a common civilian population has meant their cults have merged into the faith of the Twin Emperor, one to guide humanity as the Emperor on earth and the other to provide wisdom as the Omnissiah.
The tradition for Tech priests to use the honorific Sister for the Sororitas and the Sisters to use Brother in return stemmed from a period when the Magos and Canoness that ruled the system where literally brother and sister.

Explain it to me, then. I genuinely don't get it. I think it doesn't work with the flow of the armor or look sexy, so... what IS the point?

Grognard explanation is it's supposed to stand out like that to emphasize the wearer is female, since the whole point of the SoB is they're a loophole in the law that doesn't allow the church to have men at arms

Op ignore the idiots in these threads. Relations between the Church and Admech range from bad to outright hostile. The Admech and Church have had many wars of faith that spanned entire systems

In the SoB its not really meant to be sexy, lorewise its to be overtly feminine and show they're not "men under arms"
SoB are one of the rare instances that boobplate makes sense.

everyone has already said the baseline relationship is hostile

Well, sure, but I think you could just as easily accomplish that with "monoboob" and have it look less silly. Like, it'd still be a "feminine shape", but not daft-looking individual roundels.
I know Warhammer is 95% silly but this never came across as "intentionally silly" to me, so.

And protestants and catholics have bombed each other, but also frequently intermarried

Like, here's an example of what I'm thinking of. It's still obviously feminine, but it looks more streamlined and appealing. To me, at least.

Admech and the church cannot intermarry. The Admech have no dicks.

thats awful though, what the fuck is up with that breastplate

And the muscle plate

jesus christo

if you're gay, maybe

not sure why that spoilered

True, they probably also got armour-corsets to go with the whole Gothic aesthetic.

The muscle plate looks shit, yes, but I'm struggling to see how the breastplate is any worse than the SOB chest roundels.

Sisters had boob plate and will always have the boob plate. It is what makes their armor unique, dont fuck with it.
If they try to change the design i would just buy grishnak sisters, period.

It is, remember SoB are based on metal album cover women who would always be in BDSM gear

And I'm struggling to see how two seperate breasts are worse than one.

Man, I like that. And it leads me to the following proposal: we could actually fluff it, make it real, group project style

The reason for the boob plate is the same reason why humans in power armour have nipples and abs

40k Humans unlike modern humans are proud as fuck to be humans.
Showing of the human form is a religious and fashion statement.
You are proud to be a man! You are proud to be a woman! So you show it of.

Triangle shapes and abs for men!
Boobs and hips for women!

That is something GW models do, but I’m honeslty not sure if they know why they still do it.

Also one of the reason marines do not have male features in their armour. Why BA have abs in theirs is to show of their humanity.

Showing of humanity is part of the power armour fashion for humans

There was a thread about how the sisters repair their gear, and the consensus was that they should have some equivalent of techmarines. Except rarer and more ostracized because of the tensions between the two organizations and the differences in faith.
I think an entire order of SoBs following AdMech doctrine would be the same on a bigger scale. Doesn't break any rules, but considered wierdos by the rest of the Adeptus.

and the writefag didn't deliver despite his promises, afaik ;_;

Yeah, but the only thing the Ecclesiarchy really insists on is that the Emprah is at the top of the Pantheon. IIRC for the Admech he's only one part of a Holy Trinity or something

If I had to push a comparison, I would use christians and muslims. The former think that Jesus is God, the latter that he's just a prophet. Depending on the times they can be allies or gut each other.

I've always thought that the cups and corsets were purely aesthetic, with the real armor plates hidden underneath.

No one outside the Ecclesiarchy is allowed to even look at the Exorcist STC, that’s why they are all in such bad shape that they only have a 1 in 6 chance of firing all their middles when you tell them to.

>middles
Missles

See Would you join? Isn't exactly the same but it can do the trick

they're crumple points obviously, nothing in them

>stick a bunch of lascannons up like an organ
>"HOW DO THEY DO IT?"

They're full of something harder than steel, Metal

They still bomb each other.

You realize most cult members are barely augmented? The tech priests are scientists and engineers as well as priests.
A shitload mostly meatbags per priest.

Technically they are missiles not lasscannon
Hell the model has a servidor feeding missiles into the organ tubes one by one from a missile rack

Lasmissiles.

Their opinions are basically "in a perfect world we'd bathe them all in holy fire, but this isn't a perfect world and we need their guns."

>but this isn't a perfect world
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3H4vMqYNo

Melta missiles. Till 8th they where basically long Lange melta without the melta rules.
You know S8 AP1

so the hell with aesthetics, real female breastplates would never have individual cups as it guides blows into ones vitals as opposed to deflecting them away. It is basically the same concept as having sloped armour on tanks.

>2017
>this meme

Similarly in another one of the Cain books he is working with another Comissar who's an asshole, questionably competent, very dogmatic, and does way more politics between regiments (like making a fuss because Cain's regiment damaged the outer wall of a church while fighting to stop enemies from BLOWING THE WHOLE THING UP). Late in the book Cain goes to flip a table thats covered in offerings to the omnisia and someone objects that "but those are offerings to the emperor" and Cain responds "no it's the omnisia" to which the other comissar starts to point out "now that's actually a complicated" then Cain flips it and drags him behind it as cover.

Yep, it was basically another full-fledged Imperial civil war hot on the heels of the Age of Apostasy. Astartes, Skitarii, Titan Legions, pretty much anyone who had any connection with the Ad-Mech really.

The Iron Hands got off pretty easily with just internal debate and a mutual parting of ways. The Red Talons apparently just murdered any of their boys who sympathized with Moirae. Not much info on what the other Iron Hand successors did.

Actually beautiful tho

>decorative breastplate that never saw actual combat

Yeah I checked the Lexicanum. And then the Nova Terra Interregnum. Fucking Imperium, always infighting for millenia

It looks like it has, and it's from India which definitely used weirder shit.

It's a VLS system. Like those on ships, the russian Tor SAM, or the EFOGM.
I find it funny that the ecclesiarchy has high tech stuff compared to the rest of the imperium, but can't operate it reliably.

With pleasure. I go back from work in a few hours, I'll start thinking about it then.

>Admech not having glorious robococks
It's almost like you have no respect for the machine spirit, you fuck.

We can make a thread whenever you're ready man

>what is cyberdong

is it augmented? does it expand through walls and open fire on the streets of Detroit?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Safe bet. And don't forget, you can't fall to Slaneesh if you plug it in a machine

Your dong doesn't need to be augmented for that.

Much like why the skull is such a common image, it is a representation of the pure human form, a reminder that beneath the skin we are all the same.

Kinda tense. On one hand, the AdMech is a clear deviation from the Imperial Cult. On the other, the Imperium isn't going to run without the AdMech so there's all sorts of exceptions made so that the AdMech aren't heretical.

Strictly speaking, the AdMech doesn't violate the Imperial Creed but it's a damn near thing.

>Not augmenting

I've made some of my own, but other than the usual techpriests-arming-the-nuns relationship they already have, you have to come up with a gimmick for why the Sisters lean more towards the Admech instead of the Ecclesiarchy. Which, admittedly, isn't that hard.