/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whatever-happened-to-my-transylvania-twist-monday-meeting-notes/
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

>Thread question:
Would you rather be a Nephandi or a Marauder.

Other urls found in this thread:

video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DLfO7dOX4AAFSAv.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=sEJ7l0kfDic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for peaceful cooperation among splats

Marauder. At least if I die then, my future incarnations will not be fucked up

Next time we get World of Brightness/Chronicle of Friendship thred

Turn people into chairs with your functioning team!

kys. No cooperation with Beasts as long as I draw breath

It isn't a real splat

We are so cucked.
Just kidding. Unless your one of those guys from the Cult of Ecstacy, then there is a decent chance they are doing that.

Will you support the CtL kickstarter?

Who could be behind these posts?????

It's obviously the Tzimisce.

Yes. Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Thank you for reminding me to filter all posts containing "beast".

I love those mage memes. Are there more?

How would one take down a True Fae within Arcadia?

How many splat powers can you stack in oWoD? Lets get the point where it makes samuel haight look reasonable.

I'll start:
You can get Werewolf gifts, vampire disciplines, and demon arcana (the medieval version/name of lores).*

*It's from the Hellish investiture power in daimonion. 1 purchase = 10 arcana points.

You already asked those questions in the previous thread and they were answered.

But what about fluffy Changeling sub-splat?

We're talking about creatures stronger than archmages (wile inside their territory) you can't.

You have to play by their rules!

You don't necessarily need archmastery/archmages to stack templates and such in oWoD (unfortunately...?)

It seems you need common sense and solid judgement to NOT stack them. What would that add to the story even?

We might get rules in 2e.
But I think it's probably: Direct Confrontation impossible unless its Contract literally says you can. Sneak in and sneak out but pray that you won't get caught.

>We're talking about creatures stronger than archmages

Oh, stop kidding yourself.

>that powerlevel autist is already here

>true fae omnipotent

>archmages not omnipotent

Hey, here is an idea: What if Arcadia (the True Fae one) is literally completely incompatible with Supernal Magic. It just doesn't apply there. Will you then shut up?

That's called fanfiction.

You can still summon creatures from Arcadia, and they're counted as supernal. But as a ST I would definitely fuck over some idiot player who'd want to change True Fay on their own turf. Sure, he would do spells and rolls, but they would be penalized, and Fay would have a bucket of d10s with 8-again and rote action.

>*challenge

>you need common sense and solid judgement
If you weren't looking for those, you came to the right place.

Like this?

video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DLfO7dOX4AAFSAv.mp4

Supernal Arcadia and True Fae Arcadia are most likely completely separate.

Hedge is not Arcadia, dumbass.

I would just rule True Fay as being farther from the Hedge, in some deep uncomprehensible part of Arcadia.

Doesn't really matter now, does it? huehuehue

Can hunters in a cell be members of different compacts and conspiracies?

I will throw my money at them until they are blue in the face

Imagine two droplets moving close together enough for surface tension to create tunnel between them. The tunnel is Hedge, neither Earth or The Arcadia though it shares features from both.

Book and page?

Sorry, can't find your homebrew it in the 2e book :^)

Look under Excisions/Entities in Imperial Mysteries.

You're adorable.

It's from 1st edition? Lol, that explains it.
Fuck Magefags.

>1e

>1e book
This is called "homebrewing", user. 2e doesn't use 1e archmage rules, thus the info is incorrect.

Not this again

Are magefags literally the worst mouthbreathers on the fucking planet? They just can't sleep at night without a line in some book written by some fuck with low self-esteem about archmages being able to win the game forever against anyone. Even though no ST would ever allow them to play one because they won't feel comfortable playing with mentally handicapped.

Would be good bait, had it not already been dealt with months ago.

But here's a (You) anyway

But user, they don't need ST or Troupe or even friend. They have RAW and DaveB.

You should come to your senses and deal with the simple fact that no reasonable person will ever subscribe to your (and your autistic writer's) homebrewed power fantasy. This is a thread about a tabletop roleplaying game where people play with one another. If you want to discuss your erotic dreams, go to /d/.

I don't think magefags even care about mage. they just want to shit all over everything.

Are Magefags assholes, pussies or dicks?

youtube.com/watch?v=sEJ7l0kfDic

Can we create a separate thread for archmages? Think of it like a golden road.

Can we just direct all Mages there? I am sure they would enjoy it, not hearing people try to correct Dave's misconceptions about their gamelines' settings.

>"arfmafef afe fe sfonfeft in fe fofd!.."

There are Mage players that like the other games as well.

The last two times we tried this, it failed. Miserably. They only griefed us harder.

Who's saying they'd have to leave? They'd just limit discussion of Mage and Mage centered cosmology to there.

Depends if Rose's version holds up or not. Given what I've seen I'm not confident the game will resemble one I want to play, and with the 2e books mostly only supporting one 'type' of play, that will likely leave me not wanting the book.

I fucking hate this so much. It happens every thread. You just know that it's the same overweight fuck doing it.

Let's try to persevere.

What changes would you want from Changeling kickstarter? And I'm not talking 2e conversion in general, I'm talking rewriting.

You just figure out their story and exploit that to win. Changelings literally do it every time they escape. Its not hard. Also bring iron and maybe a promethean with you.

Changelings who escape carry with them the constant sense of uncertainty about that. They don't know if their Fae masters wanted them to escape, tried to stop them but failed, or just forgot about them and will come in 3 years to rape their mind. Reducing it to "true fae are stupid" is just a retarded move that doesn't add anything to the story.

>ignoring that imperial practices are mentioned in the core and by the dev as being the same.
Sure, have fun with your homebrew where its not a thing.

I want Changelings to be even more susceptible to Fate.

>Complaining about mages being the most powerful
>Blaming it on mage fags and not the True Fae bait poster
r U retarded son?

I feel optimistic about Kickstarter.
I hope they redo Hill's Dream system. Seemings during Duress is fine as long as they stay flexible and could change with escape or by revisiting Arcadia. I am quite happy with new Contract system. I am sceptical about new Clarity rules (we haven't seen them) and "Clarity damage," but many had complains about Changeling triggers being exclusively voluntary to players.

>What is becoming aware of their patterns
>What is end game play
Why do you people only want to play shitty street level games that don't go anywhere or progress at all. Is that why you all hate mage?

True Fae bait poster didn't peep about Archmages.

>"Clarity damage," but many had complains about Changeling triggers being exclusively voluntary to players.
With the new Red Card rules you'll have your players bowing out of anything bad ever happening to them! Perfect for changeling.

A lot of false assumptions here. Reformat your post, please.

>We're talking about creatures stronger than archmages (wile inside their territory) you can't.
>You have to play by their rules!

This is literally the post that started the arguing, but enjoy being retarded.

You guys suck. No wonder CoD Discord is so much better for discussing things.

Is it separated into Channels for each gameline?

Yes.

See? As soon as we keep Mage talk separate we ascend into tranquility!

Regrettably, it's impossible here. And making another thread won't help either.

'Erotic Changeling game' guy here. Just got back from the first session (second, technically, but the first I attended). It was actually pretty good, ended up mostly being a standard game of Changeling with no fade to black. No yaoi or futa or anything. The session was mostly about stopping one of the PCs, a fresh from the Hedge Beast, from encountering her family/Fetch during her initial scramble to get her life back, with additional interference from some other guys that I'm 60-70% certain are Faithful of Shulpae. I'm actually pretty impressed by how much got done in one session, though I guess it was a pretty long one.

I played fabiowolf but I think he kinda ended up as all the things I like about Sam and Dean Winchester mashed together and turned into a werewolf.

So yeah sometimes these super trap sounding pitches are alright. I'm glad you guys egged me on to join.

Stay classy, chadwolf.

Absolutely based.

People who actually play the game with others always have stories to tell. The thread can only handle so much powerwanking.

Hey, check out this custom Contract!

Disguise of the Humble (Common, Mirror)
Changeling disguises self into shape that lulls lookers into false sense of security.
Action: Instant
Cost: 1 Glamour
Dice Pool: Composure + Subterfuge + Wyrd
Roll Results:
Dramatic Fail: Contract activates but Changeling drops unconscious until transformation is undone or at the end of the scene.
Failure: Contract doesn't activate.
Success: Changelings turns into size 4 Chair that blends into surrounding furniture. This transformation last until end of the scene or when Changeling chooses to dismiss it. Changeling hears, sees, and feels everything around them as if normally but can't move around.
Exceptional Success: Changeling can move around at their normal speed.

Loophole: Mage makes themselves known in Changeling's presence within an hour before Changeling activates this Contract.

I, uh... Half-get it. Can you please explain the joke for retarded me?

Mages joke about being able to turn anything into chair with right Arcana.
This Changeling Contract lets Changeling (or True Fae) try to exploit this by doing it to themselves.

It seems as limited in application and creativity as most 2e contracts. No cool edge cases that do neat things, its all direct 1:1 dice shit now.

I still need to come up with "Seeming Clauses." Two Seemings (or anyone who pays 1 exp) gets some kind of sweet extra out of it.

Wasn't there a 1e thing that allowed you transform to furniture?

I honestly have no idea. Possibly and it might totally be published in 2e. This was purely made as a joke to lighten the mood.

>Red Card rules
You mean X cards for trigger warnings? Are they supposed to be there?

So why does Mage get Archmasters while the others don't get equivalent god characters?

There was new safe sane consensual technique introduced in another preview article with green yellow red cards. Green is when ST is hesitating about entering risque topic you are comfortable with. Yellow when you are uncomfortable with the topic but can negotiate. Red to drop the topic and move on.

Because the other game line's lore is written in such a way that it doesn't support that level of power. Mage has a far more playable end game.

Still doesn't seem very fair.

Because to many it's least interesting or appealing part of gameplay and story.

Who will write the 2e of Mummy now that CA Suleiman is going to be banned from Onyx for thoughtcrimes?

Casters are generally stronger than vampires in fiction. I see nothing wrong with Mage Supremacy.

Play Urban shadows if you don't think its fair.

[s]Spoilers?[/s]

Even stronger than protagonist caster vampires?

When I think of the strongest wizards, I think of humans, not vampires.

I don't think Dracula, who was a powerful sorcerer, is going to match Merlin or King Solomon.

Why don't you stop stirring?

The games are about different things. Changeling, for example, is not about the same kind of power fantasy at all - quite the opposite. This is one of the reasons it usually works better as an actual game.

It's not like Mage even gets into the endgame often.

Even if Dracula is going full Castlevania?
Why should human magicians more powerful than nonhuman magicians?