If a hermit who lived outside a vampire's castle refused to invite the vampire out...

If a hermit who lived outside a vampire's castle refused to invite the vampire out, would the vampire be stuck in its castle?

Does the hermit own the property outside? (legally)

Yes.

Everything except the castle itself is his

Yes but if he did so he would be driven mad by the constant "can I come out now?"

What if the vampire comes from a culture that doesn't recognize the concept of property?

Then I dunno man, "outside" doesn't exactly seem like a dwelling or a "shelter", therefore a vampire wouldn't be shackled to his place of residence as no one but nature owns outside. Though normally in some cultures vampires cannot leave, or can only rest, in their native land. So I say no, a vampire need not ask permission to be outside.

Vampire can't walk out, but he can fly. Crazy homeless fucker doesn't own the airspace, after all.

The legend surrounds being invited into one's home, specifically a structure. So I'd say no.

If there was a fence, or constructed barrier, sure. But vampires don't need to be invited onto your lawn or to your door.

I'd consider an exception if the hermit was particularly attuned to nature, like a druid.

Consecrated Ground is another. A sufficiently powerful druid could probably consecrate his wilderness lair with enough natural magic or energy or some shit that it rebukes the undead.

No. The magic that makes a place a home requires a lived in space. Some smelly hobo can not make all the outside his home. He is not Jesus or the Buddha. Now if he had a little cave that he lived in that he made into a cozy liitle home for himself for years he could prob keep that vampire out of it

A lot of the things about inviting a vampire inside is that if you give it permission to exist inside your home, you essentially leave yourself vulnerable to its wiles. This means that the power you have over it (ie the ways to kill it (ie garlic and holy water and shit)) are gone now.
>tl;dr a vampire can enter anywhere any time, invitations make it immune to its weaknesses

if a man owned the entire world and didn't invite the vampires in, would they be shot off into space?

if said hermit left millions of grains of rice all around the castle, sure

What if I build my home around the vampire's castle?

If the property changes owners to a total stranger, can the vampire still live there?

Kender vampire
If I have multiple home close to each other and invited a vampire in one, could it enter them all?

idea for a campaign, achieving space flight by strapping yourself to unwelcome vampires

The whole invitation thing was just vamp-bro being polite. He's going to stop if you start taking the piss

Or start hucking wolves in through your window.

Whenever there's a legal dispute over some property, just acquire some vampires and have the interested parties try to invite them in.

The legal company is crooked, and one of the vampires is not a vampire at all!

With the correct deeds from a king he can.

Just admit that your philosophy degree is useless.

If england set up a naval blockade, refused to allow their rivals to build their own navy, and charged outrageous tariffs, would Germany be landlocked?

I had this dream that I was hanging out with some sabbat in the early evening. They were selling massive quantities of herion to create blood dolls. I saw the remains of a cartel gangmembers family possessions in the swimming pool near the bottom of the hotel. There was an abandoned tricycle.

It all made me really uncomfortable, and I felt kind of sad. We traded an honest monster for one that wears a mask.

pfff.. this nerd thinks i made it through highschool let alone to college

But who knows? Its hard to piece together the fabric of a dream. They kicked the poor boy out and sent him to jail on some trumped up charges, then took his land, his property and his home and distributed amongst themselves.

He might have been a dope dealer, but that don't make it right.

how'd you get to be DA then? didn't they send you to prep school?

oh, thats right, he still thinks hes a bartender..

especially when they stole his dope and started cutting it to sell to all their sleazy hollywood friends.

sorry, i'm in an altered state. i'll stop posting.

Nope. It's not a dwelling with a threshold. The vampire can't cross a threshold into someone's dwelling without permission.

What if the hermit puts a threshold between two trees?

There's also presumably a threshold in the vampire's own castle that he would be crossing upon leaving into the forest.

Doesn't work that way, and if it's his castle, then he doesn't need an invitation to enter or leave. You retarded excuse for a rules lawyer.

Better question, what is the proper response to a vampire violating the NAP?

Mormons.

Would you say he could no longer invite vampires into his land, or...?

So much of this.

>If there was a fence, or constructed barrier, sure. But vampires don't need to be invited onto your lawn or to your door.

This. A vampire is perfectly capable of opening your front gate, walking up your sidewalk and knocking on your door, despite having trespassed onto your property from the moment he opened the gate.

i dont think it is connected to legal ownership shit, more like that whole "home is where the heart is" thing

common misconception there. hermits are anchorites, and live in hermitages.

you may be thinking of an eremite

>Kender vampire
"Oh, are these lungs yours? I honestly have no idea how they ended up in my pocket. But I'm just borrowing them, really. No need to get upseet, sheesh."