Why is the valve universe the best place to run a game?

why is the valve universe the best place to run a game?
>magic
>ai
>psionics
>robots
>australians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoaIZKTBXIM&list=PL6PNZBb6b9Lsr6ZnEzRJ5FqBbSYI4rHFj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Medpacks with morphine lying around everywhere.

But threes are bad luck.

Qhy does GOrden have a mulet?

>you cut the ponytail?
>...sellout

I have a campaign idea for HL2

>players live in Combine occupation land in USA, perhaps saved from a Combine raid by a Suited friend
>players decide this fucking sucks
>hear a rumor that theres a way out
>get coordinates to... somewhere, a paradise dimension, delivered by an unknown benefactor
>get tied up with Resistance as they flee from Salt Lake City (City 9) to a Combine teleporter at Wright Patt AFB in Ohio
>along the way, a friend NPC gets caught and put on stalker train, have to race and launch a train heist
>Combine pursue them rest of the game
>Finally reach teleporter, fight Advisor as final boss
>dial in co-ordinates
>they are now at a massive training camp for a transdimensional resistance
>"I hope you can Under-stand that great effort was.. made. For your continued survival... effort that must be re-payed... until we meet again..." May change endin

Players wanted D&D though, not Savage Worlds or FATE.

So you pull an Adrian Shephard?

Eh, i thought Adrian got deleted by temporal paradox portal shenanigans? I wasnt planning to retroactively delet the party. Or am i thinking someone else?

Sheppard gets put into storage by gman, who says he “reminds me of myself”

gman apparently has another super soldier in storage.

Makes u wonder how many he has

I've always kind of wanted to run a campaign set in the Dota 2 universe with players facing off against enemies like Bane.

As much fun as it will be to run a game based off of Half Life valve ruined it for me by not giving a shit about their franchise and the fact it will attract valve fanboys. Valve fanboys are some of the worst.

>australians
No, thank you.

What system would be best for a game in a TF2-like setting?
>60's-70's Spytech, so you have shit like invisibility watches and rotary dial phones existing together
>cynical and absurd humor engraved into worldbuilding
>omnipresent corporations
>campaign would probably be about corporate espionage, or mercenary work trying to sabotage your employers' competition

Im gonna have to say GURPS.
>gun autism
>tech levels
>advantages can be used to make anything
>tactical combat

GURPS or Savage Worlds would probably be best.

>Heavy damage for Combine Striders/gunships/heavy stuff
>psionics and stuff for Advisors
>Advantages/traits for stuff too
>Already pretty sci fi

You could even possibly use stuff from Savage Rifts.

> Perfectly okay to never finish anything.

Because theoretical physics > fashion.

>one dude finishes it because he’s a legend

FTFY

It’s a ponytail.

He had one in the first game.

>magic

From what?

“Cower, fools! Merasmus is here!”
-Merasmus the magician

No he didn't.

The Gearbox versions (console ports, hi-poly models from Blue Shift) added it, but his original model didn't. Gearbox also changed random shit like turning the Glock into a Beretta and the MP5k into an M16, for some reason they just had a fetish for altering shit.

TF2 isn't the same universe as HL tho

TF2's a different setting, friendo. Half-Life and Portal are set in the same universe, tho.

He said valve universe.

Plus australium could explain a bunch of stuff in half life.

I like the way you think. Here's a mini-page I made. It's meant to be printed on 8.5 x 11.

it's been years but i still can't get over the fact that his name is fucking DARKTERROR

Colombo, staple of any DOTA team

Vorts are pretty mystical.

Is that mojo jojo?

>No Butters
>Thin Cartman
You're a shit. But props for Jimmy.

But there isn't one valve universe, there's at least 4

Half life and portal share the same setting

Anyone tried to run a campaign in black mesa?

Im interested now. Would be a wild run and gun, occasional logical puzzles, and some sweet weapon loadouts

I don't get it.

Its bleed over from /v/. Just look away

but, my natural curiosity

Void was a hard, hard carry by then, this meant he bought many expensive items, used his AoE 5 sec stun and would kill anyone inside it. Thats how everyone played the hero
The dude in pic went to build Initiator void, where his aim is pure molility and increase of the stun duration, while dealing almost no damage. It was unheard of at the time and it was preety funny when pro players started adopting the build because it was actually really strong despite being previously meme status

t.dotard

Man a campaign in the style of Civil Protection would be tons of fun. Just regular life under combine control with weird shit happening every once and awhile, not really getting into the overall conflict.
youtube.com/watch?v=SoaIZKTBXIM&list=PL6PNZBb6b9Lsr6ZnEzRJ5FqBbSYI4rHFj

Fucking new kid
Did you even HL1+Red/Blue shift?

what about ridge racer?

Did a cursory look around the web for a built game. Could not see anything compelling (though they are out there, mostly home brews).

However take a system that can be generified and slam it with an info book for HL, say 'Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar'

valve is a dead company, thank esports niggers for that

I dunno jungle inferno was passable

what said
also, esoorts had nothing to do with valve not making any games, it was because of steam's explosive success and a fundamental shift in company ideology (it changed from "we make games we want to make, and the money comes from their quality" to "we follow the money") that made them this way

try steam shekels instead.

>why is the valve universe the best place to run a game?
Because Valve realized that making a setting silly doesn't actually compromise one's ability to take it seriously. This fits the tone, I would say at least the plurality if not majority, of tabletop campaigns: there is a lot of joking and lightheartedness, but not so much that it gets in the way of moments that are tragic, awesome, heartfelt, scary, intriguing, or somber (ideally, at least).

theres a time to live and a time to die
a time to build and a time to destroy
a time to look at shitposts and a time to not.

The vortigaunts and possibly the G man.

Honestly it reminds me a bit of early 40k.

Same it got all serious.

those were direct improvements and you frickin know it.