To shake things up, I've decided to base today's adventure on Tupi-Guarani indigenous folklore

>To shake things up, I've decided to base today's adventure on Tupi-Guarani indigenous folklore

Other urls found in this thread:

behance.net/leoniarte
issuu.com/museudearqueologiaeetnologiadaufpr/docs/jaguaret__oencontro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice to see my culture here once in a while, there are a lot of great myths we have that are so under used in fantasy

Which is your favorite one?

Well I'm a cultural anthropologist anyway so

I am okay with this?

Not him
But I vote for the lizard with 7 dog heads that shoots fire from its eyes

Neat, something I'm kind of aware of

>tfw you realize that basically all cultures have myths and stories that blow most "deep" fantasy settings out of the water

>on Tupi-Guarani indigenous folklore
Say what? I've never even heard of these people before.

All of them?

>he hasn't already seen these cultures in EU4
El oh el.

They are one of the indigenous tribes of Brazil. There are a lot of them, but Tupi and Guarani are the most talked about, I'm not sure why. I'm sure a more scholarly user couls explain.

Because the tupi-guaranis slaughtered most of the other natives and wiped(or absorbed) their cultures

>it's not lame MedFan copy of Europe #4095

When do we start ?

Not him but the headless arse that shoots napalm from the severed wind pipe.

There are so many. Like the pink dolphin that turns into a dude and goes around banging all the pussy

> Brazilians
> "culture"

Don't fall for this meme.

This.
No one in the new world really have a culture
A minority of natives doesn't really represent the whole country though.

>implying most of Europe has culture
barbarians, the lot of you.

>implying culture exists
Bitch please we all know humans are actually cattle for alien consumption

Oh my god shut the fuck up already before you even get started with your /pol/-tier "hurr hurr a society doesn't have a culture unless it's exactly like mine" idiocy you smarmy little fuck

Yes, I mad

Settle down leddit. Saying this is brazilian culture is like trying to say aboriginal myth makes up a significant part of Australian culture.

Anyway my favorite is the entire "Night creation" saga

>to shake things up
Now that I think about it, I've only ever played in one established European Medieval Fantasy setting. Everything else was "shaking it up."
Fuck you people and your subversions.

christ what i would give to have your "problem"

>cultural anth

where from? I wanted to go into cultural anth (specifically folklore) but my uni is huge on nautical and bio/paleo/archaeology.

Hungary, studying cult anth and ethnography

There's like, ten of us studying in the entire department, which is both a blessing and a curse

oh, nvm

yeah even if I'm not a huge fan of my own department at least I'm in burgerland

good luck and remember that serbs are not to be trusted

>remember that serbs are not to be trusted

Oh, we know

Weeee knoooow

Great for you gringo. Here's some inspiration from a drawfag I've commissioned from.
behance.net/leoniarte

Quick reminder that hungarians were the real imperialistic villains in Austria-Hungary.

Shame about that one treaty though.

the Tupi and Guarani were pretty advanced compared to the other ethnicities around, having settled down into semi-sedentarism and developed some pretty efficient farming methods, so while everyone around them was still in the hunter gatherer phase, they had already formed pretty organized villages with a well estabilished hierarchy and polished stone levels of technology.

Also, as another user pointed out, they were pretty warlike and enjoyed a good scrap, so yeah, they kicked out most competitors.

Who made that, irmão de sangue escurecido?

The guy in the behance link at the first image, Zé-Ninguém.

The Teju Jagua, seven headed dog lizard with a fire you gaze, guardian of the fruits of the forest. Apparently he's not as aggressive as the rest. Ao Ao would be another top tier one. Like a massive wooly bear sheep hybrid

>papua new guinea has a rich and beautiful culture
>here we can see the old men who force little boys to suck them off so they can impart the power of their semen to them
>here we see the tribe where the elderly are cannibalized because theyre old
>here are some natives giving fellatio to livestock because they think it helps it
>truly, a rich and beautiful culture
t. foucault

Its one thing to say "every culture must be like mine" but to claim backwater savages have a culture is ridiculous. You dont see people saying China has no culture or even India and Arabia in spite of them being completely different. Even Tibet has an actual culture with literary and oral heritage but the umbongolongowangotangistonoes are just savages.

Theremail were various myths back home that truly rustled my jimmies as a kid. Pombero, Jasy Jatere, look them up. Also seven of them are brothers. Tau, and evillages spirit, kidnapped kerana, some princess or other and fought the war God. So they were cursed by the All-father so that their offspring would become monsters
The seven are
Teju Jagua, said dog lizard
Jasy Jatere, basically an evil godling from the Witcher
Mboi Tu'I, a giant snake with the beak and legs of a parrot
Kurupi, a "rape goblin" with a cock so long that he wraps it around his waist
Ao Ao, the sheep bear in mentioned before.
Moñai, has several interpretations on what he was, either some Bigfoot motherfucker or a giant hypno-snake. Either way it doesn't matter because he died in a fire
And Luison, basically a werewolf crossed with a ghoul. Who also is an omen of death a la grim reaper

Damn autocorrect on phone, *there were

You seem to think the term 'culture' implies any sort of endorsement or implication of advancedness

It doesn't

Culture is just what a society believes and practices

If a society believes that shitting into your own mouth ass up makes you blessed and strong, then that is per definitionem their culture

And even the most 'savage' societies have an oral heritage, a belief system, taboos, and a social hierarchy - e.g. a C U L T U R E

Yes, even the Papua New Guineans whose cultural practice for example for dealing with grief after a death in the family was hunting down and beheading other tribes' members, then throwing away the pain along with the cut off head, have a culture. Doing just that was it.

>here we can see the old men who force little boys to suck them off so they can impart the power of their semen to them
"Semen has power" isn't exactly a new thought

>Aztec

Those are Igorot wooden bikers from the Philippines

There is literally no primary source for this

Fuck off

came here because i saw Guarani stuff on tg for once, got pol instead.
guys play what you want without shitposting everyone else you mongoloids, you wanna play medieval europe setting, do so, no one here is thrusting the cock of "muh different settings"

for the record, i do enjoy european themed settings as well, moreso than any other, but this thread is about guarani, not europe.

There's actually a book made by the anthropology museum of the college that I graduated about the Tupi-Guarani folklore.
It was made to be played with highschool students that visit the museum.
The setting is the colonial encounter between the Tupinambá and the Europeans in Brazil.
Here's a link for it (it's in portuguese): issuu.com/museudearqueologiaeetnologiadaufpr/docs/jaguaret__oencontro

Where in burgerland are you?

>Bear sheep Hybrid

Cute!

>Ancient Philppines biker gangs

Sounds fucking rad.

The Yamomami adn the Jibaros are more primitive, but a lot more Warlike. I still have a set of arrows and a bow from the Yamomamis, incredible long arrows than don't fly that much, all of wood.

You fought on the Tupi side, we gather?

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a while.

As a HUEHUE myself, I really hate how our culture was watered-down to be teach in schools for kids, but later it was never reintroduced properly.

A bit further north, the caribes weren't all love and peace either. I think they drove out the guaiqueries and were in the process of conquering the carribean sea when they were "interrupted".

Legend says they were cannibals too.

>conquering the Caribbean when they were interrupted

You'd be angry too if some guy with a bunch of OP modded weapons waltzed in and stole your kills, see the Matabele for more.