/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whatever-happened-to-my-transylvania-twist-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How do the various splats celebrate the holidays? Namely Christmas.
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man I wanna make a CofD/WoD thread one day to at least not have a gross looking picture

What's a good remedy for an itchy throat?

Cock.

I'm serious, it's been making me cough all morning.

Tea with honey is delicious at least. Other then that syrup

Eat a lot of citrus fruits.

To be fair you came to ask for freaking medicine advice in rpg thread instead of googling for remedies like a normal person.
I feel I am justified to recommend cock.

I am a Christian man.

Cool. Catholic, Othrodox, Lutheran, or American?

A superhero?

for Second Sight guys, are literally all rituals only available as merits?

Christian.

You know it doesn't really mean anything. Those listed above are all Christian and consider themselves more Christian than the rest but have wildly different ideas on human rights, traditions, sins, virtues, etc.

Have you ever read the bible?

Yes. Yes I have. New Testament has some cool ideas. But even if it was written by people directly in touch with god, it has been translated and edited over two millennia and can't be taken literally.

You should pick it up and read it again tonight.

I think he might be trolling you. Or is part of some weird cult

Figured. Either way, not worth my time and is off topic. Reported.

It's against the rules to say you've reported someone, user. Just for future reference.

We are so cucked

But we can move from here to the topic of weirdo cults in Wod/Cofd.

VtR has two(unless you count LS and CoC as those then 4). Half of the compacts/conspiracies from HtV can be interpreted as cultists. There are heretical lodges in Woof.

Now dunno about the rest of the splats

Life 3.

>Mind 3, but you can also regain WP with Life 3.
this is for regaining will power in ascension, right?

Ah thanks. I will keep in mind.

Some of playtest courts for CtL 2e would start mortal cults though those might fall under "secret society" umbrella.

I was thinking more in terms of cults for given splat. For example vtr has Holy Engineers who worship the god machine and one more group that serves one of the true fae

does WoD have aliens?

Maybe.

Yes

Yeah, they won't stop trying to get into the US, same as real life.

No, Awakening 2nd.

Was the Lasombra clan inspired by the darkness comic?

Abductions may or may not be true and may or not be True Fae doing.
We have at least one Title that takes after alien mythos: The Three Hermodytes.

What would Alex jones be in wod?

I'm talking about oWoD

Thanks for clarification. I think Ascension has something, maybe?

What does Trump know about space aliens?

Some Mages are about outer space shit but there aren't any real aliens, I think, since everything you come across out in outer space is you subconsciously warping reality away from any Consensus.

Seriously? I thought there were various eldritch horrors and an OP darkness beast of some kind.

Based troll

nwod or owod?

Well there Threat Null who are (Technocracy - Humanity)^2, but they used to be people before getting stuck on the other side.

Can you give me a quick rundown on Threat Null? I tried reading the wiki on it but I can't wrap my head around it. Are they aliens from the deep umbra? Were they replacing Technocrats, possessing them or what? Did they ever reach Earth?

Presumably there are aliens somewhere out there in the universe. They're not described in any books though, because they're far far away and irrelevant to Earth.

The closest thing to a direct reference is in NWoD. The unknown higher-ups of the Cheiron Group have a long-term goal referred to as 'Colonization'.

I am not familiar with either Mage but from my understanding Threat Null are Technocrats. The poor fools stuck in the Umbra when Avatar Storm hit, who were cut off Earth and humanity for so long they have gone completely out of touch. Threat Null represents each Technocratic convention short of Void Engineers, but crank them up eleven.

They're not actually aliens. They're Technocrats who wandered out into the Deep Umbra and were cut off from Earth. Over time they adapted to their surroundings, becoming completely inhuman beings. They have their own idea for Consensus that is now very different from that of the Technocracy's and were trying to get back to Earth to inflict it upon everyone.

So who's planning to fund the kickstarter for Changeling this week?

Four more days until it should drop (six if you want to be pessimistic) but absolutely throwing money at.

Im tossing 100 in to it. Assuming theirs a tier for it. Kinda hopinf we get some sort of raw text for it.

I've become more careful with Kickstarters, lately, but well, it's Changeling, so yes, I'm going to support it.

Hoping for raw text too. And some really pretty art since that's was main hold up.

Technocratic Archmasters created the Borg out of the stranded Technocrats in space from the Avatar Storm.

Long story short, they're the Borg and only the VE are equipped to fight them

It's mainly because they were only one's with enough brain to de-program themselves of Technocratic indoctrination, wasn't it?

>It's mainly because they were only one's with enough brain to de-program themselves of Technocratic indoctrination, wasn't it?
Essentially.

Void Engineers found that their programmer increased the chance of death in the depth of space since they wouldn't do anything vulgar to survive and would follow the programming religiously. So they opted to remove it basically to keep their limited numbers afloat.

Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you’re unable … to speak?

I honestly love idea of Technocracy redubbing Spheres to fit their Scientism based worldview.

Kinda want to do something like that in other gamelines.

>Can hunters in a cell be members of different compacts and conspiracies?
Reposting because no answer last thread

So wtf is up with people who write for Onyx Path and sexual harassment?

Matt MacFarland seems to have performed statutory rape.

Now someone accused C.A. Suleiman of sexual harassment and he resigned from Sigil and Sign.

If you don't know who C.A. Suleiman is, he's the guy that wrote Mummy: The Curse.

What in the fuck is happening?

I'm not. I'll buy the book, if it's good.

They're only accusations. I'm still waiting on evidence.

New thread, new post for me, check out if you want to.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/

What's the best edition of Vampire?

What difference does it make? I care about content, not people. And for the accused, it also makes little difference. The damage is done. Be it writer, actor or meteorologist.

I don't think it's intended way of play but would imagine to be at least to be possible for Hunters from different groups form an "emergency ad-hoc cell for this time only" and never formally disband it.

Dark Ages.

cuck

which mage tradition uses infinite ammo cheats?

You forgot John Morke being a sexual harasser towards Jaym Gates and others, though that's not WoD/CofD related.

What's happening is that an industry where everyone knows everyone and functions on whisper networks among those "in the know" is getting blown wide open as a ripple effect to Harvey Weinstein being a horrific sex monster who hired ex-Mossad spies to watch his victims.

Tight-knit industries thrive on secrets, and the tabletop industry is no different. Of course, the main difference is that this industry is extremely bad at PR as we have seen with Green Ronin falling on Suleiman's sword right before the Horror Writers Association kicked him out due to evidence. OPP, on the other hand, got really lucky. Morke was long gone, and McFarland was contractually done with all but one project, and he stepped down from being a dev on said one project.

Unless we get another high profile exposure, OPP can just get a new Promethean, Demon, and Beast dev, respectively. I imagine those who considered McFarland and Sulieman friends are not having a great couple of weeks, though.

Suleiman was responsible for the cocksucking of Islam in cWOD and WOD, so good riddance.
MacFarland showed his true colors with Beast, so good riddance to him, too.

Depends on the compacts or conspiracies in question. So, yes, but keep it logical. There's no reason for a member of the Malleus Maleficarum to be bumming around with Network Zero when he has the heft of the Catholic Church to draw upon.

On the other hand, I could easily see a wayward Lucifuge ingratiating himself with a bunch of Night Watch or Union Hunters.

Templars use hollywood movie clips to avoid paradox.

Basically it's a magazine that holds 99 bullets

Suleiman and Morke were both booted by OPP a while ago.

Macfarland has now either been given the boot or resigned before he was fired.

What lesser splat would Curse 2nd include? Special cultists?

How do you know he was fired?

got my group to agree on Hunter, given its premises. Question is, Reckoning or Vigil?

Anyone'd like to help me with renaming Regalia to fit into some scientism crazed Freehold's worldview?

Depends entirely on what kind of game you want to play.

Reckoning is a game where you play a human touched by something beyond comprehension, that grants you a divine mission to hunt down the unnatural. Vigil can do that as well, but it's more about playing people that have just been exposed to the supernatural somehow and decided to bite back. Reckoning Hunters have more universal access to powers, and their powers are generally better. Vigil Hunters access to powers depends entirely on the scale of game you're playing and the conspiracy your Hunters are part of, and are generally less powerful.

>Suleiman was responsible for the cocksucking of Islam in cWOD and WOD, so good riddance.
Whats wrong with that given all the cocksucking it does of other religions as well?

>You forgot John Morke being a sexual harasser towards Jaym Gates and others, though that's not WoD/CofD related.
was he the guy who wrote those rape ghosts?

Sorcerers.
Like mini-liches, parasites feeding of the Sekhem in Artefacts?

When will Brucatto finally be fired?

because of the wordcount wasted in explaining the Five Pillars again and again in about a dozen books

That day cannot come soon enough

So similar to the Alchemists from PtC?.

Yep.

Apparently Suleiman talked shit about the current edition of a game he worked on directly to Rich Thomas on Facebook, though I haven't seen that myself, I'm just spreading what I said. I assume that was him talking shit about Mummy?

McFarland stepping down was confirmed by Rich in the comments of this week's Monday Meeting Notes.

Never. Mage20 is one of OPP's best sellers. There's a reason he was so prolific in the White Wolf days and that's because his stuff sells. If I remember right, CofD Changing Breeds was highly unpopular but was one of the highest selling books of the year.

>spreading what I said

Whoops, meant "spreading what I heard." I've seen it on a few forums, but I cannot confirm it, so grain of salt.

>cocksucking it does of other religions as well?
kek since when? Other than one or two kinda crazy vampire hunter priests and some Nosferatu, every other Christian is painted as the classical Renaissance caricature of a corrupt hypocrite.

Even JbN, which says in the very opening that it doesn't mean to offend none of the three Abrahamic religions in the books, sucks Jewish and Muslim cock and makes fun of Christians

>If I remember right, CofD Changing Breeds was highly unpopular but was one of the highest selling books of the year.

...How exactly does this happen?

When The who the what now?

hadn't heard any of this.

>Wraith is the only oWoD line to end prematurely
>is also the only one to have a good ending

What pottery is this?

Reboot of a popular WoD concept and then later hate reading, I suppose.

What's Deviant about, exactly?

Would you rather your books be written by brucatto or rapists
?

So, there was a thread on RPGnet about sexual harassment in the industry. There's some names that come up like Frank Mentzer, who threatened a then Paizo employee after she shut down his flirting, the Frog God games guy who harasses people when he gets drunk at cons, and John Morke, who harassed women in gaming up to and including the editor of the Exalted 3e anthology, who he didn't even know was his co-worker.

As these are panning out, a poster from 2013 resurfaced saying that the fact that Matt McFarland, an RPGnet mod, was overlooking the sexually harassment thread blew their mind. She said that McFarland had sexual relations with an underage girl 20 or so years ago, with at least one time being a straight up rape. This led to PMs in the background, and allegedly, this is not the only case of this happening with McFarland. The only people who know for sure are the RPGnet mod team and McFarland. He voluntarily steps down from RPGnet, and then from his only contracted OPP project this week. The official statement is that McFarland is stepping down due to "personal reasons."

Then, allegations arose of C.A. Suleiman being a serial groper. This was muddied somewhat by having Holden Shearer be involved, who has serious beef with OPP and was probably protecting John Morke the whole time. Then, one of the major heads of Green Ronin, who let Suleiman edit an anthology of women/non-masc fantasy writers, said that she did her own investigation and that Suleiman was innocent.

Then someone brought up that Suleiman recently groped a colleague at Stokercon, the convention of the Horror Writers of America. HWA did their own looking into it, found it was legit and suddenly Green Ronin is in some serious fire.

This should bring you up to speed, to the best of my knowledge.

>Progenitor: Behold! I have created superior human!
>Renegades: YOU FUCCCCKED A PERFFFFEKTTTLY GOOD HHHHUMAN ZZZZAT'S WHHHHAT YOU DID. LOOK AT ITTTT ITTTTSSS SOUL IS BROKEN!!

>Conspiracy: Guys, we can make a profit out of this!

You play someone who was experimented on by a mysterious organization, created by the ST and the gaming group. You and your friends are not happy about what happened, so you take in the organization and bring them down using hard living and your body horror powers.

Or you fucked yourself up and attracted attention of organization that wants to use you as a living weapon. Or you volunteered to work with benevolent organization and got fucked up but forgave them AND THEN the malevolent one sent in a strike team and killed all the good doctors.