Anyone feeling up for a Dark Eye thread...

Anyone feeling up for a Dark Eye thread? Later this weekend I can finally play version 5 again after a break of several months, really looking forward to it.

We're four players who are basically playing as an evil A-Team that is terrorizing a village (instead of helping it) and just now embarged on a journey to find a treasure in the nearby mountain range, taking one of the villagers with us as a hostage. We now use him to test out traps and see if places are safe to walk on etc.
My character is a raven witcher who uses a flying board to travel. For combat I found a loophole in the rules: I attached three daggers onto my board with a special belt construction, and basically just smash into people at high velocity, triggering all the dagger damage at once. Shit's fun, though a bit easy, so the GM said he cranked up the difficulty a bit. (It's a custom adventure.)

Other urls found in this thread:

mygully.com/thread/412-dsa-das-schwarze-auge-sammlung-2892787/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man, I wish there were more online Groups or any table Groups near me. I stopped playing 4e and actually want to come back to it with 5e.

You'd think therr were more groups in NRW but this whole area is a TDE wasteland.

>My character is a raven witcher who uses a flying board to travel. For combat I found a loophole in the rules: I attached three daggers onto my board with a special belt construction, and basically just smash into people at high velocity, triggering all the dagger damage at once
And they say Dark Eye is typically german, grounded and low-fantasy.

I'm actually living in NRW, but I just play over teamspeak. Never actually played a p&p irl.

It usually is, but I found that loophole in the rules and double checked it with another GM and another player, then kept it a secret until pulling that stunt in-game so that the GM we played with wouldn't try to pull out something that stopped me. I admit that was kinda a dick move, because the GM is just too gentle with us (which I anticipated), but it was hillarious nonetheless. I'm looking forward to seeing what he got for us this time though, I'm afraid he will find a way to break my board.

Your GM is a pushover. If you tried to pull that shit at my table, I'd have it break the board on impact so that you have to wait a year to get your flying balm back. Not to mention the risk to yourself inherent in riding something that strikes with that kind of force.

Yes, I agree. But I knew ahead that he would never do something drastic like that.

But does a breaking flying object mean that I can't use it to fly anymore? Also, flying balm lasts a year, but I never read that you cannot get a new one within that year.

Crashing your flight option on purpose into people while riding it sounds like a bad idea...I mean, what happens to your Hexer on impact? Also, pray you never meet a fighter using "Gegenhalten" on you...

I have a construction of belts securing me on the board, and I won't fly into rocks, just into squishy humans.

Until the first botched attack roll, where you have the honor of being the first aventurian kamikaze bomber. Also, keep in mind that movement eats up your actions...so no defense action for you while you and your toothpicks are stuck to an armored dude who still has all his actions?

We basically handle it like a riding attack. I need a certain distance towards the target, roll a flying check, then roll attack, then defense, then I fly past the target for a certain distance. If my attack fails, the target gets a free attack roll on me.

So I usually don't really crash into people, just fly past them and scratch them with my three daggers.

Who is the most based of the Twelvegods and why is it Ingerimm?

top kek
also this

Rondra clerics are cunts, I can tell you that atleast.

Right up til the part where your house is on fire and the friendly cleric of Ingerimm insists on not putting out those flames...

>Nrw is tde wasteland
actually due to its high population and high population density the center of nrw(rhein ruhr area) contains most of the playerbase of tde in germany.

I stopped playing tde a while a ago. Dont get me wrong i really like the setting, but it is to strict in my opinion. It is like everywhere is a sign with "Dont touch" on it. Even the old corerulebook had a passage which said in essence "dont change the setting". Rulewise is 5e quite a change. I dont like how they are copying the Pathfinder publishing schedule/schema. I also dont like how they injected mechanisms from d&d/Pathfinder. Most of the negative things of 4e are still present in 5e. I also despise how the style of the artwork looks now more like generic highfantasy stuff, it doesent really reflect the "down to earth " charachter of aventuria.
And i wont start about these useless utility decks, which is another concept which they shamelessly copyied from pathfinder.

TL;DR TDE gets more and more like Pathfinder and loses its own charachter.

>Even the old corerulebook had a passage which said in essence "dont change the setting".
I don't think I ever played any adventure that the GM didn't change around minorly or even majorly. No idea what you mean by this.

Ulisses is only interested in raking in money and nothing else.

They will gladly fire long-time writers and editors and replace them with people who do it for a fraction of the money if it saves them a dime

Why is the DSA world so much better than any of the D&D settings?

Because it's believable. It's basically to DnD what Gothic is to The Elder Scrolls.

5e literally categorizes all its NPCs by how much you're allowed to change them. They all have pieces next to their names (I believe kings are absolutely critical and unchangeable, rooks are less critical but still unchangeable, knights are unchangeable within the story arc in which they appear, and pawns can be changed because they only appear once in the entire corpus of published adventures.) The strictness reminds me of the old days of the RPGA, how they would ban you for life if you ran a Living Greyhawk adventure in the wrong US state or changed the slightest thing about an adventure. Everyone had to provide documentation signed by a licensed GM for every single gold piece and experience point they earned. This madness lives on to a lesser extent in Pathfinder Society, and it seems like it's also alive and well in Krautland.

Why is it?

This. There's several RPG plebbook groups that can be used for game-finding.
t. Potthead

It's still just as wacky, just in a different way. There isn't a magic item economy or resurrection, but there are flying broomsticks, trolls that live under bridges and demand sweets, and literally Fritz Lang's Metropolis in what's supposed to be a medieval world.

I think it's closer to the actual european setting, europe's myths, legends and culture. Whereas D&D just shoplifts some tropes without understanding much of the context, mixes them together with some other shit and voila! It's hard to take any of the D&D settings seriously as world of believable myths and legends.

>I dont like how they are copying the Pathfinder publishing schedule/schema.
Which is?

>I also dont like how they injected mechanisms from d&d/Pathfinder.
?

>product x
>players companion for product x
>weapon guide for product x
>card set 1 for product x
>card set 2 for product x
>product y part one
>product y part two
> card sets for product y part one
> card sets for product y part two
>fancy chips
>more cardseta for miscellanceous things

On the matter of d&d mechanisms:
they made divine and arcane magic rulewise aqvivalent.
There is now a mechanic wich functions just like saving throws in pathfinder.
Attack and defense are now more pathfinderish ( it is half way between tde4 and pf i would say).

It is, but is has some loopholes that are pretty stupid if your GM lets you abuse them. I heared of something similar once, it was a witch that skilled heavily in combat and flow on a lance instead of a broom.

As a lance is mostly made of metal, i am not sure if you can really enchant it with "witchpaste" ( i have no clue how they translated this). And even if it is possible, it wouldnt change anything, she isnt wielding the lance while she flies it therefore she cannot use it as a weapon. Of cours you could fly it into something, but then again you should remember that you are crashing yourself into an enemy.

Every time I finish collecting rulebooks of one edition, they announce a new edition the next day. Also no one to play with because "lul too complicated"

Daily reminder that Borbarad did NOTHING wrong. Gas the Twelve! Every human a mage!

Ironbane means that your spells have a difficulty of -1 if you have 2 stone of iron in one meter of your body or so. Flying is not a spell. However I think the ruleset says that your flying object is affected by ironbane.

Also, the term you want is "witch balm".

Here are basically all the pdfs you need.
mygully.com/thread/412-dsa-das-schwarze-auge-sammlung-2892787/

Flying balm is only created at a witches' sabbath, which only happens one day a year. And I suppose that the question of whether fragments of flying objects can still fly is technically left open, it seems like saying yes would leave a big door open for exploitation. If put on the spot I would rule that you need total coverage of the object for flying balm to work, so fragmented objects can't fly.

A lance is absolutely not mostly metal. It is mostly wood with a metal head. A metal lance would not only be too heavy to use, but it would not break on impact as a lance is designed to do, so the lancer would fuck himself up as much as whatever he hit.

>If put on the spot I would rule that you need total coverage of the object for flying balm to work, so fragmented objects can't fly.
That would be a good approach. I personally would have said if the piece of wood is strong enough to support you (if suspended in the air) then it should be able to let you fly on it.
The problem with your approach is that I'm unsure if during a witch sabbath the witches really produce enough balm to cover stuff like an entire table or a rocking chair entirely (both are given as examples for flying objects in the rulebook). I would interpret it so that the object needs to mostly be covered by the balm, and the balm then turns the object into a flying object.

That would still result in the ability to split one flying object into two flying objects. Maybe only the biggest fragment could retain the ability to fly

>NRW
Thats what you get for living in Dark Germany.

Oh, yeah, that I thought would be obvious, but I should have stated it: only the biggest fragment would "inherit" the witch balm.

Ive played with Germans before and Im sorry but they are the most boring and least creative players. It feels like you are playing with machines or with a bunch of tax attorneys

I played with some americans before and all they do is inserting special randum xD snowflake fantasies into everything. They can't play a defined setting without trying to break and change it. Definitely the worst players I've ever met. They dig TDE pretty hard tho, seems like the european historical background is damn cool for them.

This thread is about DSA/TDE, not about /int/ bickering.

Thanks for the link, but I'm autistically into collecting physical rulebooks.

Ah, alright. A true German.

>mygully.com/thread/412-dsa-das-schwarze-auge-sammlung-2892787/
is there any collection where don'thave to make an account?

I only found some random stuff in the pdf share thread, this is the only decently complete collection.

But what's the harm in grabbing a throwaway email and making a quick account to download every pdf you need?

bump