Alright Veeky Forums, if Games Workshop were to work on a proper 40K movie, that is NOT Horus Heresy era...

Alright Veeky Forums, if Games Workshop were to work on a proper 40K movie, that is NOT Horus Heresy era, what would you like to see get done?

Me, I'd like to see the Uriel Ventris trilogy get adapted. Nightbringer's an awesome way to get someone into the general lore. That or Eisenhorn, if you think that no budget could do live action Space Marines justice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VsxOPWtrnko
youtu.be/aUZWeWLlLCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ciaphas Cain.

>Warhammer 40,000 Cinematic Universe
1. War in Heaven (Silent King POV)
2. Fall of the Eldar
3. The Dark Age of Technology
4. Rise of the Imperium: The Great Crusade
5. Rise of the Imperium: The Horus Heresy
Keep working up to the modern time of the setting.

I could see that.

Bad idea not starting with a human reference point

Make the first two an animated short series

Should the Imperium be the "main instalments" and Xenos films be spin offs like Rogue One? I can get behind that.

Sisters of battle get stranded on a planet, have to deal with Eldar hunting them down along with the hostile environment of the planet.
Imagine predator but more fire.

Badab War. Simple set up of bad crazy guy tricks people into following him and plenty of chapters to get some of that #teamwhatever shit going

Ork and Gretchin buddy comedy

>Sisters of battle get stranded on a planet, have to deal with Eldar hunting them down along with the hostile environment of the planet.
>Imagine predator but more fire.
So a Tempestus Scion squad hunted by Dark Eldar? Good idea user!

Eisenhorn should be a TV series

>not using sexual lesbian tension for rating
user please

I just want some love for Scions, 2 start collecting boxes is what I'm starting with, and I want more models released for them. Also waiting on buying regular IG in the hope that new/updated Regiments might be released.

I feel if they had to film Space Marines they'd use a combination of CGI and actual people for when they're not wearing helmets. They'd have to find someone who'd have a Space Marine "look" to them. I would think someone like either Arnold Schwarzenegger (although he's getting pretty old) or Vin Diesel.

As well, not as a first "intro" movie, but I'd like to see them make a movie or series out of Forge of Mars.

For an "intro" movie into the series I'd say one based off of the Imperial Guard would probably be the best, seeing how for the most part they are actually people who aren't heavily augmented to the point they barely resemble being human. However in the movie have these other inhuman elements in it, like Space Marines, Admech, Chaos, and xenos. I'd feel a Ciaphas Cain movie would probably work best in this regard, because not only is it from a human perspective but shares these other inhuman factors, but it's also a very light-hearted series for 40k with minimal amounts of grimdark. You don't just start right out with the grimdark, you work your way up to it.

The one thing that would fit best to get a complete noob who knows absolutely nothing about 40k to get almost all the general important points of the atmosphere and setting, would the 2nd War for Armageddon.

I want to see more Ork stuff. Deff Squadron was cool.

Imperial guard band of Brothers series. Start it off simple with say cultists or something then build it up to crazy shit as it goes on.

That way people who aren't used to 40k can ease into it and see just how crazy the universe is episode by episode. Hell chaos cultists alone would get you some pretty nuts stuff. Then you add in orks or nids, then have the guardsmen have a last stand against something really crazy like necrons in the finale right before the space Marines drop in.

Start off with a rebellion that is discovered to be a genestealer/chaos cult.

Yeah, I could see using a starwars-style release order. With what's proposed in , start at 3 or 4, then go forward, and eventually do prequel films once people understand what necrons or eldar even are and why we should care about them.

there you go. That way the audience can be all "well of course these people would rebel, they're just reasonable folks fighting a tyranical regime"

And then one sympathetic looking cultist turns into a daemon and all of the sudden the audience realize "oh, THAT'S why the Imperium are such cruel bastards"

It should probably be animated. Everyone in 40k is already proportioned like anyway.
>No longer can stop thinking about an Ork version of Shrek.

fpbp

Well, Orks are certainly funny enough to pull it off. I wonder how that would go.

>'Sum body once told me da wurld has gunna show me,
>SO I ZOGGIN PUNCHED IT INNA JAW!

Ichar IV would be perfect. So perfect.

First you get the daily life of Imperial citizens in a massive industrial hive world, the religious overtones and introduction to the Cults, the vastly different lifestyles between the aristocracy and the slum gangers, with some PDF officer who comes from a noble spire-borne background as a viewpoint character on one side, and bottom-feeder scavengers as sympathetic rebels against the tyranny of the "cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable" on the other side, played off as a grey-on-grey morality Game of Thrones style thing.

The skirmishes between the Cult rebels and PDF forces slowly escalate amidst the drama. Slight hints that something is off. Eventually the Inquisition is called in, then the Ultramarines Terminator Kill teams during the big reveal that it's really a Genestealer Cult behind the "sympathetic rebels". Then turn into full-blown warfare as Hive Fleet Kraken arrives and the whole planet goes straight to hell, climaxing with massive battle scenes of Titan Legions vs Bio-Titans, naval ship battles in orbit, huge Imperial Guard divisions including our initial PDF viewpoint characters who all die in the final brutal episode holding the line at the same time as the viewpoint GSC cultists realize their religion was a lie and they get devoured.

>Uriel ventris adapted
No thanks, that series its boring.

I want a fun space adventure about Rogue Traders.

as a movie?
The Battle for Maccragge just as a straight scifi action flick.
Tyranids vs Marines is an easy to get antagonists and protagonists for normies. Plot can be relatively simple so more time can be spent showing the distinctive parts of setting.

oh god yes. I'd love that.
Who should do it?

I suggested for similar reasons but allowing for more depth and intrigue.

You still get Tyranids vs Ultramarines but you also get Genestealer Cults and more daily Imperial life/putting down uprisings and shit.

Plus the revelation of Hive Fleet Kraken is fucking awesome because until that point the Imperium assumes Behemoth was all the Tyranids and that one conflict 250 years ago was a one-and-done deal, one the second Hive Fleet arrives they shit themselves and realize it's just the beginning.

yeah Ichar V sounds good too. But woth the extra intrigue it would be to much gor a single movie.

Though it wouldnbe good for a trilogy. Movie 1 is all intrigue and daily life perhaps even framed as protagonist rebels against oppresive Imperium. Movie to is more grey morality and when ee get to see the marines in action as serious conflict starts.
3rd movie is the final show down war film.

I don't think anything involving space marines is a good primer for people not familiar with 40k for movie audiences.

You have to think, without an even tenuous explanation of normal people, everyone is just going to assume space marines are normal shmucks in power armor. You need a POV from a guardsman or something to really hammer home how big and intimidating these guys are.

This guy is right. It'll also serve the dual purpose of showing just how rare it is for a regular Imperial citizen to even catch a glimpse of a Space Marine, as well as showing just how much pain they can bring down on their foes. The Guardsman POV would be much easier to relate to, as well. Imagine the terror he would feel

Ichar V had plenty of regular humans involved you can get that from. Marines don't even show up until partway through so I doubt there'll be that issue.

not to mention budget, which will be a big deal in a series that would require as much special effects and CGI as 40k. You could get around this by making the whole show CGI, but I think a live action show would have a better chance at success.

Guardsmen means 90% of the time you can just have regular joes in regular body armor with regular guns and the odd chainsword, bionic, etc. You can have bits in the background like a techpriest or a leman russ but for the most part it's easy to do in live action and look good. Then you save your budget for the big battle scenes with orks, Space marines, chaos, etc.
what the hell is Ichar V? This is the first time I've even heard of it.

If I was going to pick a specific battle or campaign, the whole Severan Dominate campaign in the FFG books would be a good start, or potentially the Badab war, although it's a bit too much on space marines for the most part.

Severan Dominate start off as actual normal humans with good intentions aside from their asshole leader, so the audience would see them as good guys fighting an oppressive empire. As the severans slowly fall, orks invade, and other shenanigans being, you can start to really crank up the grimdark and game of thrones stuff.

Because lets be honest here, everyone is going to expect it to compete with game of thrones so you may as well give those guys a bone if for nothing else than to shut them up.

well yeah, thats why I suggest no marines until the 2nd movie (or end the 1st with the marines arrival showing how superhuman they are). After main PoV characters are established.

40k on the screen needs some marines, at least the first few movoes shows. If people only know one thing about 40k its the marines and what they'll be expecting.

Ichar V is the major Imperial fight against Hive fleet Kraken. Its Battle for Maccraghe if you will.

Its one of the most infamous and early cases of genestealer cult infestation leading to hivefleet invasion. Even "now" after the hivefleet was beaten back they're still trying to flush put all the cultists.

ah ok my bad, I had never heard of its proper name before.

Yeah I could see that being a good primer, especially since Ultrimar is "imperial Lite" for lack of a better term. It's a lot easier for a modern day audience to swallow than say something like Armageddon, Krieg, Mordia, or most other worlds.

Ichar IV*, not V

Also yeah I'm still mad that it wasn't mentioned at all in the GSC Codex despite being the single most infamous Cult Uprising literally ever.

>The Battle for Maccragge

This, although I'd have the first half follow Inquisitor Kryptman and his retinue investigating Tyran and other planets attacked by the Tyranids. This would give a lot of time for just depicting the Imperium and laying some fluff groundwork. Second act ends with an encounter with Tyranids and fleeing to Maccragge.

Some kind of Inquisition type movie similar to Equilibrium.

I'd honestly like to see a Commissar Cain movie.

The entire build up to it's release is it being taken as a serious action movie. Him looking badass as he walks away from a giant explosion. Kicking Heretic ass and beating the tar out of xenos. Looking like he's able to eat lighting and crap thunder.

The day of it's release, it shows how he REALLY is which is to say that he's an all-around scoundrel and coward who is usually in the right place at the right time to do the right thing.

Also, this song keeps playing in my head every time I think of a Ciaphas Cain movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=VsxOPWtrnko

Mark Strong is Eisenhorn.

i can get behind that.
Keith Urban did judge dredd well so he'd be a natural Godwyn.

Christopher Walken as Uber maybe? he's kinda how I always imagined him.

I would pay to watch that.

Hollywood is poison, to hell with movie adaptations.

Depends. I could see the as Movie Trilogy, not sure if it has enough plot for a TV Series like user suggested. Another thing, I would like to see, would be Gaunts Ghosts, but would definitivly work the best as a series. If you want to go for a movie, I would go for Titanicus by Dan Abnett, or if you want to make a war movie one of the wars of Armageddon.

This. Which would raise the question, who would play Yarrik?

Fuck it.

They´ll sell the licence to Disney or another company and then 40k will be turned into what Star Wars became: A family friendly sunday afternoon movie that you can watch with your kids.

So, no official (!) 40k movie for me, please.

I would go for a bit buffer Rufus Sewell as Eisenhorn, really liked him in Man in the High Castle. Perhaps, Fischig by Viggo Mortensen
and Denzel Washington for Betancore. I am not sure for Bequin, just from the looks I would go for Mary Elizabeth Winstead, but I never seen a movie with her.

Rogue Trader: The Movie

It would be like gorier Pirates of the Caribbean.... IN SPACE

Necropolis, the 3rd Ghosts story, is basically crying out for a film adaptation

This may be unpopular but I think it whould be a good idea to make a movie out of the first Dawn of War game. The characters are are great, the story is awesome and the setting is good. Also, no real "estalished" lore which allows for certain artistic liberties.

Ciaphas Cain: sure is the best to make a movie or a series, has action and comedy, the adventures are fun, is the most similar thing Star Wars in 40k for the normis

Kal Jerico: Underhive Bounty Hunter, if you want to try something more in the "look how badass" style a lot of action and adventure, a mix of Lethal Weapon + Blade Runner + Western

Eisenhorn Trilogy: hollywood loves triology, it's perfect for establishing what is 40k

Last Chancers series: Already based on a movie "The Dirty Dozen", as it already exists, it's just a matter of making some adjustments to 40k

Why would the sisters be hunting Eldar?

Fantasia 40000

Just esoteric and tone confusing music video montages

With or without the in-universe propaganda?

Without.

Political and social commentary doesn't fly right now. Either it offends or people take it at straight value which demands really smart writing to steer it away. Right now neither the writers, studios, or the audience have their brains plugged in.

I can see the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy events being an HBO series.

Something that's basically the tone and style of the normal Marvel films crossed with the risque bloodiness of Deadpool. Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't be that bad.
Absolute worst thing they could do is keep it PG-13 but make it look like visual footage of the Holocaust (the DC strategy).

Specific things:
>hero has to be fish-out-of-water that everyone can relate to (new Primaris marine recruited into chapter they made up just for the movie
>has to have cast of sidekicks with archetypes clear enough to tell them apart (the squad)
>has to have badass mentor character who may or may not turn out to be the bad guy (chaplain)
>has to avoid overloading the unfamiliar audience with detail but does this by being vague enough to cause familiar fans to speculate based on specifically placed clues (eg: the chapter's primarch is a traitor primarch)
>has to have an enemy who is light-hearted but still evil enough for people to be happy when they're on screen as when they die, therefore Dark Eldar is my theory
>has to take advantage of the visual spectacle 40k's setting allows for, therefore lots of CGI, main setting will be a hive world with lots of OTT ornamentation, but they will also go to space and the underhive, possibly into the iconic "the floor is skulls and the walls are blood" Khorne realm for a bit
>the most interesting characters will remain alive for the sequel but some likeable ones will die in order to get people invested

I'd rather a Clone Wars style cartoon (either one).

Grim war movie without marines.

What about The Beast Arises series? It'd make a nice TV show for HBO to produce.
Each faction of 40k is represented, it has a primarch, space marines, IG, AdMech, Assasins, Inquisition, orks, chaos, eldar, etc. so no one is unrepresented. The only exceptions are the tau and nids.

After that, the Damocles incidents to show more space marines as well as tau, and Segway into the tyrannic war with the nids and ultramarines to please our spiritual league.

Desu Hellsreach just needs an actual production team and better VA and you could legit air that shit.

youtu.be/aUZWeWLlLCY

Hell, I'd watch it

If you want people to be interested in the larger setting, a Fifteen Hours adaptation would be best.

World eaters? Ultramarines? Horus heresy? Neat.

Well first you'd need set the scene for the 40k universe. Have a brief recap of the Horus Heresy told similarly to that deathly hallows bit. It serves as exposition that'll be linked up to later in the movie. Ollanius Pius' sacrifice is depicted as pivotal. The intro ends at a scene of the Emperor being placed on the Golden Throne and as the doors close on him, the voiceover says "Now it is the 41st Millenium. And there is Only War" as 'Only War' flashes up as the movie title. (40k is best when a bit hammy).

Now the main character has to be someone that the audience can relate to, someone far from the superhumans and trained killers. He can be a bureaucrat from the Departmento Munitorum on Terra, gunning for a promotion. The short sequence on Terra will show how the "average" Imperial citizen lives and how different Terra is from today. Things go tits up when Average Joe and his buddy are framed for the murder of their supervisor by rival bureaucrats (or framed for any crime, really) and they get sent to a penal legion. Next stop: One of the thousands of warfronts across the galaxy.

What happens next is a mixture of Antz' termite scene and Saving Private Ryan's intro. Joe and buddy are shipped to a warfront against Orks where the scales are ridiculous (camera can pan out as troops disembark from ships, showing how mad 40k's scale is). All the time, Joe is protesting that he's been framed. His squaddies don't believe him, Sarge doesn't give a shit and his buddy is actually happy to be out of the office fighting for the Emperor. Naturally, buddy takes a choppa first to show the horrors of war.

As Orks roll over the trenches, Joe is somehow able to survive. He ends up like Jar Jar, tripping over at exactly the right moment to avoid a Power Klaw, kicking an enemy stikkbomb away into an oncoming trukk. At one point, he misfires his weapon but at the perfect time to save an Inquisitor.

(cont.)

Said Inquisitor becomes impressed with Joe's skills and decides to recruit him into a crack team for a heroic mission behind enemy lines. Joe nearly faints. The team are a motley crew of stereotypical Imperials. We have at least a hunky Catachan, a psyker and a Sister of Battle. The latter is important, because her acts of faith will convince Joe that the Emperor really can work miracles (before he only paid lip service).

Throughout Act 2 (kicked off by a crashed Valkyrie), the team figure out that the Orks are actually being manipulated by Chaos (cliche for us, but not for the layman). Joe once again only survives by the skin of his teeth and makes some miracle kills. This cumulates in the leading Chaos Lord offing the Inquisitor (whilst Joe hides and watches). Joe is finally outed as a coward and chastised, but they're so deep in enemy territory that they may as well continue to try and end the threat of Chaos. They give Joe vox duty.

One by one, the team is picked off by various threats. Enemy psykers, a daemon, a Chaos Marine, a lucky Ork, etc. This reminds viewers of the horrors of 40k and serves to get Joe to be the lone wolf hero. They find out through interrogation that the Lord is planning on a ritual that will use the deaths between the Orks and humans to open a warp portal and bring more Chaos forces through (or some other dastardly plot, it doesn't matter). Eventually the Sister dies and she gives Joe her Aquila pendant, asking him to have faith. Joe still isn't sure.

(cont.)

In the finale, Joe makes the final trek alone and manages to find the Lord on the way to the ritual site. With nothing else to do, he puts his faith in the Emperor and confronts the Lord (camera work makes this look exactly like the Ollanius Pius scene). Lord laughs and Power Fists Joe. BUT somehow Joe is resurrected. His armour glows gold, his chainsword is set alight, maybe wings. Lord double-takes and an epic final fight ensues. Just as it looks like the Lord has won, Joe plays his trump card - he's voxed in coordinates for a bombing run. Joe, the Lord, any Chaos lackies and the ritual site are all destroyed in the attack.

As the movie comes to an end, the epilogue goes back to Terra. Joe's old peers are sifting through war reports when Joe's name comes up. They don't even notice and keep working. The credits roll as they continue to recite reports, hammering home how gross the Imperial war machine is.

Done. Apart from the Ork war scene near the beginning the movie could be done on a reasonable budget, since after that it can be very CGI-lite. Throw in a couple of big name actors as the Inquisitor and the Lord and you have Hollywood gold.

I would fix / workout a couple of things like what the chaos plot actually is and how that ties into the rest of the stuff that happens and what it is exactly that the emperors faith can do and does for our protagonist. Because they seem like they can make or break the rest of the plot.

Other than those tidbits I think that's a nice start right there. Reminds me of Edge of Tomorrow for some reason...

I would see a Gothic War movie.

The shit series along with any pre 40k books should never exist or even remember

Star Wars was for the most part always family-friendly. It's just that now they've double-downed on cutesy Minion-like characters they can make shitloads of money off of little children, like BB-8 and Porgs.

No, what I'm afraid they do is completely fuck up the expanded lore like they did with the sequels. In making those sequels a metric ton of lore is now retconned and no longer canon, the Old Republic is no longer canon, the Yuuzhan Vong are no longer canon, the myriad of other wars afterwards that very well could've been stories on their own are no longer canon. Could you imagine the same thing happening to 40k? Like Disney making a movie with Horus himself leading the 13th Black Crusade or Guilliman turning traitor as a "twist?"

That, and I generally don't want "geek" culture to sink its claws into 40k like they did Star Wars.

>, the Yuuzhan Vong are no longer canon

you say this like it's a bad thing.

Think of all the bullshit we could finally get rid of. Riptides, primaris marines, tauroxes, etc. etc. It'd be magical.

yes I know those things would never be removed, if anything they'd snip out the final good bits left, but a guy can dream

>light-hearted
>Dark Eldar

I don't think the BDSM rape-elves would be a good fit for that situation. I feel like Orks would work much better there.

A rogue trader with an Ork freeboota, vindicare assassin, scribe, and scout marine go on a mission impossible task to get money.

Bad guy can be the tau.

>Movie should be about a battle between Imperium and Xenos forces, leave chaos for the sequel.
>Ideally we want the Imperium to appear the good guys, (easiest for newcomers to the setting to wrap their heads around)
>Eldar and Tau are out as the Xenos race because they are to easy to sympathize with.
>Orks are going to confuse people, with their obviously fantasy inspired name and silly accents
>Necrons and Tyranids are the logical choice for Xenos antagonists, machine race and consuming bug like race, normies are used to these concepts.
>We'll go with Nids just because they are the least complex of the two races.

>Opening scene should not be an info dump that details the nature of the Imperium, these things work in books but usually suck in movies.
>If anything a two-three sentence narration with text on the screen that basically just says "it's the 41st millennium, theirs a galaxy spanning empire called the Imperium of man, it's always at war"

>Main story should revolve around a planet that is being attacked by nids.
>Hive world is the better world to use for this, because it will show people how imperial citizens live
>We don't have to adapt an existing story or use an already existing planet, we can make up our own for the purposes of the movie.
>The story should be split between multiple human characters and their efforts to stop the nids.
>Each story should take place at the same time, and the characters can cross paths with each other, but each characters arc should be pretty much centered around them.

I'd prefer something different like the Yuuzhan Vong in the sequels as the antagonists over "Galactic Empire 2.0" with Captain Emo leading the way.

Plus like I said I really don't like the thought of "geek" culture infesting the hobby like a cancer like they did with Star Wars. The day Collider makes a "Warhammer 40k-theme Geekcrate Unboxing" video is the day I start a Nerd Crew-esque parody of them like RedLetterMedia did.

>Story one is a fresh guardsmen in a squad that is mostly survivors of a previous fight with Nids, story begins with them telling him the horrors of the Nids, and laughing when he gets sick with fear.
>Over the course of his arc he watches his squad mates die.
>An angry old commissar who at first hates him grows to respect him by the end.
>his arc ends when he dies to kill a Carnifex, probably by driving an explosive laden truck into it, or something of that nature
>ALTERNATIVE his story ends with the reveal being that he is telling the story to a fresh batch of recruits on another planet on the verge of being attacked by Nids.

>Story two should focus around a Sister of Battle
>begins with her in prayer, this is when you exposition in an explanation of the Emperor without it feeling like exposition.
>At some point she is in the same area as the Guardsmen and his squad they of course make of the sisters of battle but they do it amongst themselves and silently
>At no point do the guardsmen and the SoB interact with each other
>Sob's plot line revolves around her squad trying to stop a genestealer cult uprising in one of the Hives, before and after the Nid forces attack

>Story three focuses on an ADMech Magos who is charged with guarding a recently found STC fragment on it's way back to mars
>Got stuck on world because of the Nids
>Through interactions with various non ADMech persons, such as the Sister of Battle from earlier, the Commissar from the guards plotline, and the planetary governer, he gets convinced to start studying the fragment for any potential to be useful in fighting the nids
>In the end he discovers that the STC fragment can be used to make a weapon that is good at fighting nids, some kind of giant flamethrower tank or something and his forces employ it to turn the tide of the invasion.

>Probably a fourth plot line about space marines but I can't really think of anything for them to do.

Yeah, Chaos is tricky but I think it's pretty crucial for a newcomer's first trip into 40k. At the very least it's something that stands the universe out from others.

As for Edge of Tomorrow, yeah, I was thinking about that movie. It did a lot of things right, at least in the first half. I also thought about the Borderlands Telltale game where a bureaucrat gets thrown into a hellscape. I think audiences would respond well to it.

Space marine plotline
>Deathwatch killteam (with or without inquisitor) are on battle barge when they recieve a distress call from the planet.
>Travel to the planet fighting through the hive fleet (Ideally this would show off the imperial navy as well)
>Drop pod down and begin fighting nids.
>Eventually meet up with AdMech
>Admech's weapon is to large for normal humans to use but simple for a space marine, less a flamethrower tank and more a heavy flamer variant
>Nids get burned, everyone is happy.
>Sequalbait showing that a craftworld diverted the tyranids to the planet, for reasons currently unknown
>At end of sequal reveal that a chaos cult has gradually been taking over the planet, symbols that the normies thought were backgound decoration turn out to be symbols of chaos.
>Start with occasional star of chaos in first film, more stars and some symbols in second, and entire buildings plastered with certain gods symbols throughout the final movie.
>Ends in exterminatus.

Extermimatus would a one Hell of a way to show off just how desperate and dangerous fighting Chaos can be. Imagine the shock on the audience's faves when they expect a glorious victory, only to see the planet and all the characters they've grown attached to die in such a cataclysmic manner

*Faces

Emperor damn it...

Please don’t shill for Disney and have as many double standards as RLM.

Star Wars was "geek culture" from the start. In fact, it probably started what we know as geek culture today. The difference is that 40k has always been separate from the mainstream so if it even did enter it would be very jarring.

The problem with exterminatus is that whilst we all know and love it, if it's not properly built up then it might feel cheap to the general public. Another reason why 40k might be tricky to translate onto the big screen.

Was it really that bad? I heard some bad unloreful shit as always, but from a historical lorepoint it sounded like a cool event.

HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

I would say that a TV series would need to completely ignore Marines because it'd be pretty much impossible to do them properly as characters. Instead, have the big Imperial backup be Admech. Slowly build it up, have the Enginseers in the background and an Executor (outwardly fleshy Admech liason) to Guard command and have their freakiness slowly increase as things go on. Have the Enginseer flick a data mechadendrite from one hand, have them giving the marching Skitarii a wide berth, the Executor kick major amounts of ass while moving in the creepy, jerky Uncanny Valley way Doctrinas force before having a shot of him peeling his face off to make repairs and finally have a PoV from the enemy (Tau, maybe?) as the Skitarii legions and Infiltrators are unleashed (and all the Guardsmen get hit with Neurostatic too, adding the correct visual fuckery to a massive massed assault like the Edge of Tommorrow beach. Man, that movie was good.

Alternatively, Forge of Mars trilogy with increasing PoV tilt away from the Rogue Trader and Guardsmen towards the Magi. First one is mostly baseline humans, second one is more split and also includes the Eldar and Marines and Titans a bit and the third one looks a lot more at Kotov and Dahan.

Would rather they'd make a tv series rather than a film, so they have enough time to capture the universe it is set in like GOT does.

But would personally like to see a Gaunts Ghosts tv series.

>Dahan

MATA LEO !

Idungeddit.

Magi in that book were all pretty cool, actually. Dahan was a badass Secutor apart from that one bullshit "emotion and passion>logic" moment against the BTemplar, which made a Star Trek level of no sense. Kotov got his feet under him well enough to have a Matrix anime battle, his 2IC wound up pulling a reasonably badass sacrifice and the Overseer had an excellent dying line. Galatea was creepy as fuck and Telok had NANOMACHINES SON!

>'You destroyed our vessel,' said the eldar warrior-woman. 'Now we destroy yours.'
>`Illogical,' said Saiixek. 'You will die too.'
>'To prevent your master from acquiring such power, we would die a thousand deaths.'
>'Outrageous hyperbole,' said Saiixek, slumping against a control panel as the life flooded out of him.

Using your dying breath to criticize your murderer for being overdramatic is the most Mechanicus thing ever.

did you read god of mars ?
because Mata leo is a nickname of dahan given by a catachan seargeant, when he was still fleshy

I have, but a little while ago and that particular detail didn't stick. Remember now.

Let's not forget that even the menials were able to do some pretty cool stuff in that story too. I mean one even turned out to be Machine-God Jesus at the end and was able to bring all functions within the ship to a halt and have an arco-flagellant imprint on him.

is the trilogy of mars the best books in the whole black library ?

Average Joe factory worker on a hive world, gets drafted into the PDF as crime wave escalates into civil unrest/chaos cults/full blown invasion. The PDF and whatever Guard units happened to be garrisoned there have to hold out until the Navy arrives.

Space Marines get a little screen time during the climax, wreck house with frightening viciousness, and for the most part do not fraternize with mortals.