Can we get a interesting magic item thread going? Post your favorite magic items, homebrew or otherwise

Can we get a interesting magic item thread going? Post your favorite magic items, homebrew or otherwise

>60ft of sentient rope that behaves like a well trained dog

>a horn pipe that requires no fuel and produces thick black clouds of smoke that obscures a large area

A cursed sword that's a really effective weapon, but keeps calling its wielder a faggot in increasingly creative ways

a small porous stone that, when blown on, glows red hot. it never loses its heat unless ordered by its owner.

A tin of Water Eaters, crystals can can be thrown in any body of water to form bubble walls that allow passage on the most turbulent river and floods.

Ring of the Grammarian, my absolute favorite troll item.

My personal favorite spell is Cause Fear because Cause Bear is essentially the same thing but with more fur and teeth.

A tiny metal chip that, when mounted in a headdress or helmet, allows a divinely-empowered character to speak in the voice and inflection of their patron.

that's hilarious

A magic top that, when spun, reverses entropy, causing random instances of fully formed tools (unusual), foodstufs (odd-tasting), and pieces of art (disturbing) to appear from nearby dust and refuse.

that seems really op as stated

You have no control over what gets created. Sometimes you get a slug sandwitch. Sometimes you get the mona lisa.

oh that makes more sense.

nice trips

Deltora has a lot of really good rpg ideas.

>Pipe that can blow bubbles that emit light
>Self coiling rope
>Beads that emit a burst of flame when thrown or crushed
>Cloak that changes colors to help hide the wearer, and is always warm
>Pods filled with acidic poison that can be thrown from a sling
>Glowing rainbow rocks that store and protect someones memories
>Bundle of sticks that, when burned, cause the flames to turn green and show the face of a local Wise Woman, who will recite a rhyming riddle that will help guide the owner

Plus all the places and mobs, it was basically a pnp game fleshed out.

>Bridge that constantly breaks apart and reforms itself each day. Taking on increasingly abstract forms throughout the year until it reverts to a relatively common layout again, and the whole process starts over.

A necklace that when out on, causes you to be possessed by a demon. Taking off the neckless will break this curse. As a DM you can pick he goals, RP of said Demon.

Might want to be careful messing with player agency. It's fun for the player for all of ten seconds, and not at all if they don't like what you just made them do.

A cursed dildo that can only bring you just to the brink of Orgasm, but never get you off.

Or maby a cused dildo of dog dick. When you Orgasm it forms a massive ball inside you and gets stuck. You take a minimum of -2 penalty on anything you do till you De-curse it.

bump

What need is there for magical items when you have a rock and a rope?

I've never run a game or even properly played a spellcaster. Permanently destroying spellslots is probably a bad idea but whatever. I once came up with a magic sword inspired by Callandor from WoT:

>Crystal Sword: A longsword that allows whoever wields it, if they can cast at least one spell, to cast any spell with any spell slot as if it were of any spell level, even beyond what is normally their highest available spell level. However, they must roll 1d8. This role is with advantage if they cast a spell they have prepared/memorized but it has a modifier of -1 and no advantage if they do not know the spell. If the outcome of this roll is a number lower than the difference between the spell level of the spell slot used to cast the spell and the spell level at which the spell was cast, this spell slot is lost permanently.

interesting concept but losing a spell slot forever is just too expensive. I can count on one hand the times I really needed a spell strong than anything I could currently cast, thats usually what CR is for. Maybe if it wasnt so expensive to use, like it depletes all your spell slots for that day

I mean, it allows you to cast any spell at one spellslot higher than normal basically completely for free (except for using one hand to hold the sword). And if you somehow got it at first level they'd literally be able to cast wish. Just depleting spellslots wouldn't really be enough of a penalty for that I feel.

bump for interest

ft of sentient rope that behaves like a well trained dog
What kind of training are we talking? Can it do shibari?

>666
Never take an entropy reversing top from a man in a suit Veeky Forums

*Hat

>a benis enchantment that produces a flared crown during ejaculation

rip elf princess didn't make it back off