/bag/ Bolt Action General

Friday = Freedom!

Now that we're free from the monotony of the work week, it's time to crack on with some hobby. What are you building/painting/cooking up?

I'm currently trying to decide how I want to paint up my new Warlord Games King Tiger

RESOURCES:
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action

Bumping

Are ahistorical paint schemes considered haram?

Let's see 'em!

Post that shit

I don’t have them yet, was just asking in general

I gotcha. One thing that's a major upside of Bolt Action over FoW or god forbid...40k, is that I've never met a Bolt Action player who was a dick about paint jobs or critiscized someone for their painting

so I can in fact paint my army purple?

They're your minis. You do whatever you feel like. At the end of the day, they're the plastic you spend your money on, and as long as you play the game fair, I have no place to tell you what you should paint your army like.

Mini-diorama for taking some shots of my Normandy Panzergrenadiers without just a blank white background.

To "put it in context" or something lmao

more pics

more pics

last pic

>I've never met a Bolt Action player who was a dick about paint jobs or critiscized someone for their painting
Consider yourself lucky. Button counters are the worst.

Traditionally old school Napoleonic-type gamers always got the rap for that, but in my experience it's the Medieval arms-and-armour types who'll jump down your throat for having the wrong sword hilts on your dudes or whatever.

hey guys was just hoping to find out how are the British tanks? I have a theme in mind and wanted to know about things like the Greyhound, Priest and Cromwell. If anyone has a general write up on the British vehicles that would be amazing.

/hwg/

I mean more the vehicles in BA not historically lol

I've thought of going to a tournament with a purposely incorrect paint scheme.
Pea dot camo in Purple

Paint what you want how you want.
I like historical accuracy, but to be honest, we're playing Bolt Action. It's not a 100% accurate game by any stretch of the imagination.

Which is why I have a DAK Jagdtiger, purely to trigger rivet counters.

Cromwell is essentially the same as sherman, stats wise. A lot of the smaller cruiser tanks like the crusader are nice, especially with the 20mm flak gun on it - it rips through infantry. Churchill is slow, but neigh unkillable with a great gun. Firefly is regular sherman stats, but with a super-heavy AT gun, which is a decent trade off between armor, points & firepower

Historical accuracy is one thing, immersion is another.

While BA is not 100% accurate, it still creates an immersion into the WW2 period.
For some people that immersion is equal with historical accuracy, for others both terms are not equal. Others won't care at all and play the game because its fun without any further interest in the period.

For me something like would break the immersion, a Jagdtiger in Africa on the other hand could be explained with a what-if scenario in mind.