You now realize that MTGO sucks...

You now realize that MTGO sucks, and any 'replacement' will be suboptimal because WOTC realizes that if they make it too good, significantly more of their neckbeard playerbase will ditch the brick and mortar game for the convenience of staying home. And, they realize they are leagues behind competition in the digital realm due to MTGO sucking so much for so long so they can't compete well there, either. It's really quite the awkward position.

You realize they would be ok with that right? They make more money from MTGO than brick and mortar anyways.

>You now realize that MTGO sucks, and any 'replacement' will be suboptimal because WOTC realizes that if they make it too good, significantly more of their neckbeard playerbase will ditch the brick and mortar game for the convenience of staying home.
This is the probably one of the dumbest memes on Veeky Forums. If this would be true YGO would be dead years ago. YGO has besides their own games with YGOpro a fully fletched free simulator out there and the Saturdays at my LGS are still full with players.

Source?

Yeah, but Yu Gi Oh is a fun game to play, and cheap meme/pet decks can do well at local events. Magic is a boring game to play, and sharks are always grinding tier one decks at local events for points and prizes.

>not making an improved version that only connects through Bluetooth and thus MtG cafes are born

Math?

>asking people to turn on bluetooth
fuck you and the house for whom you work

>Tfw full priority mode 24/7 to scare newbs and annoy fags

Pokemon has a full fledged f2p online version of the game that rewards you for actually buying the physical cards but does not force you, despite being quite grindy.

"Stealth" Arena Thread? Sure

I hope they go back at least to origins so we can play not-Frontier.

looks so shitty wtf

they don't even have all standard cards yet

it's not even out yet

>expecting wotc to make these 'meh' animations for at least another ~3k cards

You act like it's difficult and not a one time afternoon task for a person and a half.

Both sides of your statement are wrong. Ygo is an horribly unbalanced game. And you can absolutely succeed with budget decks at the FNM level in Magic, in either Modern or Standard.

That absolutely depends on the local meta. FNM here is go big or go home.

This, I used to play yugioh, on the budget too, so when my only deck that was cheap as fuck but strong got banned out(I'll miss you substitoad) I just quit the game. Now i look at it and im like, 'did he really just grab all pieces of exodia to his hand on turn 1?' and other fuck ton of bullshit combos that you need shit like Max C shit or yugiohs Force of Will to negate to actually make it to your turn alive. The powercreep is real and hearthstone avoided that path by doing something that yugioh should have done and magic has done for years, make different formats, and not just traditional and advanced like they have right now. Not only that Yugiohs pricing is stupid too, 75% of a deck can cost less than 10$, but the last 25% is always something like 20-30$ and sometimes in the 100s for whatever fucking reason(pot of duality) like its even more ridiculous than magics prices.
This is also true, but no matter which LGS you go to, either it be the competitive spikes or the casual timmies, there will almost always be someone there wanting to play edh, the best format, :33333

>like its even more ridiculous than magics prices
>Playsets of cards you MUST play (because mana is a horrid resource) go well into 50-1k ranger with ease you need 3-6 playsets so to speak (not really but you get the gist, some lands, specially utility lands, are stupid pricy)
It's not.

Fucking scalding tarns.