So I plan on doing a character that is heavily based on HoTS Abathur...

So I plan on doing a character that is heavily based on HoTS Abathur, assuming that this character would have almost the exact same kit, would it be able to fit in with any existing class archetype or would it be a new thing entirely?

Other urls found in this thread:

funin.space/compendium/power/Simulacrum.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe

No.

Seems pretty easy to me. Just don't turn up to the session, and afterwards tell all your friends how much you were helping them.

Abathur-esque characters are simply not suited to being a PC in most (almost all) RPG systems. Design him as an NPC instead to save yourself the headache for accomplishing something no system supports.

To be fair it could work if the character is never physically on the map but can do stuff anyway. Decide where his little locust come out of, some routes faster than others, place mines, give symbiotes, ect.

I thought you were talking about Heart of the Swarm at first, which didn't seem all that difficult: basically a genestealer. Then I remembered that Blizzard has two games with that acronym. The Heroes of the Storm version of Abathur only works if you're the GM, not a player.

It depends on the system. You'd need something pretty free form for him to work. I'm playing Supers Revised Edition right now and it would be very doable.
Give him some kind of stealth and movement mechanic for his hiding/burrowing. Then just give him flavorful buff and summon spells with increased range while also tanking whatever health/body related stats your system has into the ground.

Well it would be less of a summon spell and more of a summon passive.

Depends on the game. His kit is basically a Leader-type, except he sometimes kinda sorta summons minions and likes to hide. Would actually fit pretty well with a 4e Shaman, I think.

Derp, he's actually basically a biological artificier with a stealth focus. I could whip up a build that covers like 90% of his stuff.

ENCYCLOPEDIA ARCANE - CROSSBREEDING: FLESH AND BLOOD.

Be a wizard. Transmuter wizard. Grab the Mother Cyst from Libris Mortis, use all of those together. Make abominations, implant cysts into them, USE THEM AS YOUR CREATURES.

Maybe grab some Alienist, too, if you can. If you can gestalt, then be a gestalt Wizard/Artificer. Or maybe you can talk the GM into letting you use Artificer as wizard levels for the purpose of crossbreeding. Maybe as a feat.

The real problem is actually fluffing certain abilities, such as his symbiot and how the hell ultimate evolution would work. Don't even get me started on evolve monstrosity.

Probably refluff a familiar as the symbiote (one of the "can cast spells through" ones). Evolve monstrosity would be just a buffed summon, or a better summon. Ultimate evolution... eh, artificer's got funin.space/compendium/power/Simulacrum.html

You'd have to houserule it to work on anyone, instead of just yourself, but that's about as close you get without having to spend weeks on making a clone.

So I have no idea who you're talking about but the gist seems to be "helps the party without being anywhere near the party", in which case
>Raven Queen Warlock 6
>Shepard Druid 6
>Conjure Animals on a short rest cooldown
>Summon Giant Owls, which have a rather high speed and can get from you to the party in pretty much no time at all
>Have your familiar hang out with the party to direct your summons from a mile away, and also to cast Touch range spells like Cure Wounds
>While you micro your summons your body is invisible up a tree disguised as a bird, if someone actually manages to get to you use one of the many options available as a Druid/Warlock to get out of dodge

In Starcraft: Heart of the Swarm, He's a zerg guy who designs new models of zerg for you, making bigger and better monsters.

It's pretty solidly wizard conjurer/transmuter stuff, and there's a third-party splat all about making your own abominations.

You could do it in Mutants and Masterminds.

If you're trying to play DnD, maybe some kind of wizard.

I think he mean't Heroes of the Storm.

Who was that? The chief geneticist?

The evolution master.

He drew up the plans for the Queen of Blades