Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/just-a-roll-of-the-dice-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What is better for vampires in the long run: Sabbat or Camarilla?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55518943/#55526514
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Signature_character
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My ability to kill threads is truly magnificent.

Reposting as it was the last post on old thread, hope that is OK.

I have an OCD itch to find my missing books. Does anyone have Storytellers Handbook to the Sabbat? Ta

Didn't sabbat clans end with short end of the stick in end nights?

I just noticed how many times i wrote "end"

Sup I'm a demon

Fallen or Robot?

Is it not in the pastebin?

Something something Brucatto something something antisemitism

Let's have a great thread, everyone!

wesp5 added a homosexual history option in the latest VtM Bloodlines patch update

Fallen

Tomorrow! I can't believe it! Can you hear the Hedge Gates creakin'? The Kickstarter starts tomorrow!

Since the Changeling 2e effectively had two drafts because of the David Hill drama, lets hope the Kickstarter is not a Beast redux.

Beast suuuucks, man!

Except for that attack-helicopter-kin one

Ah, good.

Well the post-Hill previews have looked pretty promising to me. And if they butchered too much of what made Hill's version good, I will personally homebrew and publish my reworks on Forum.

Bailey did a good job on Requiem 2 and Descent, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Free helicopter rides?

Her recent work on Secrets of the Covenants and A Thousand years of Night were garbage.

Has anyone checked her "dream project" Cavalries of Mars enough to evaluate?

Maybe reworking Changeling to most of Bailey's time.

Isn't that standard Sword & Planet stuff?

If there's WoD a splat that let's me create an Apache attack helicopter as a character, complete with stats for the missiles, I'm pulling out my wallet and buying it right now.

People are skeptical because Sword & Planet is a notoriously sexist, racist and colonialist genre, and OPP is... well, OPP. Nobody trusts them to do it justice.

Sword and Planet and a completely different system at that. Can't really compare.

Even if all reviews and consensus have been "This is Literal Garbage, Don't Buy"?

There's stats for a possessed Cobra attack chopper in Armory Reloaded.

Eh, you can do pulp without having to go all in on that, Sword and Planet included. Cavaliers looks like it's playing up more of the swashbuckling and intrigue than the trial conflicts or conquering. Nothing about it grabs me like I hoped, but it seems OK.

What CofD game would work best as Planetary Romance? Mummy?

Genius. ; )

Has anyone read the Starship's Mage series by Glynn Stewart?

A friend recommended it and said it would make good future setting for Mage.

explain vampire combat pls

It's like mortal combat but everyone is already dead

Grapple from stealth and bite.

stat me

but how do peoples die

I need to stop throwing red herrings at my players. They are convinced elder vampire that hangs around consilium with his ghoul yorkshire terrier is there to murder them all at some point

they die when they are killed

Ah but is anyone truly alive?

explain

1. You can't play it
2. It is explicitly armed with rockets, not missiles. No guidance systems.

Not really what you are looking for, but someone wrote up an "I identify as an attack helicopter" as a beast, in one of these earlier threads.

I'll have to go find it if anyone wants to see, since I dont have it with me

>tfw no comfy Giovanni/Wraith crossover game

>Giovanni/Wrath
>comfy

>tfw writers are completely opposed to Changeling/Demon solidarity, even if Demon lives off patchworks.

Why would you have a vampire hanging around the consilium?

He is cooking and lounging

Let me start by saying that Veeky Forums's demon/changeling duo is the best thing that it has made recently.
But how would you get around the fact that both sides of this equation are too paranoid to NOT nope out before realizing how great a team they'd make?

What's this? Was there some writing regarding this or something?

Why are splats jumping into other splats always the best?

Firstly: PCs should always be little bit exceptional.
Secondly: Say by most unlikely and unfortunate accident several True Fae have seemingly decided to cooperate with God-Machine on several of Its local projects, and neither local Freehold or Agencies are strong enough to oppose them alone.
Thirdly: Who said Demons cannot become voluntarily bound by an Oath or two as long as Oath doesn't require perfect honesty from them. That's how paranoid Changelings can feel some sense of trust for one another.
Fourthly: If all else fails I will just start writing bloody fanfiction!

Boston mage game here, another session on Friday. Curious if anyone is following this actual play and if so what they think.

I can imagine it clearly now. Someone asked the old man "What about the forest" and the old man just shook his head, uttering only "nope".

By the way does anyone have any of it saved? I was one of the guys contributing but it completely slipped my mind to screenshot/copypaste it at the time, and now I regret it may have been lost forever.

Is there any way to make Changeling ethereal and interesting and not fruity and random

everything on Veeky Forums gets auto-archived on other sites.

It already is you dip

I mean CtD, I know CtL is more horror themed

No it isn't, it's like a loony tunes version of fairy tales

I want to be a cute fox instead of a werewolf. How are foxes in those splats?

Beast: the attack helicoptering.

Archived link:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55518943/#55526514

Reposting from that link::

Beast: the Attack Helicoptering.

Ugallu with Dragonfire and Wings of the Raptor. The helicopter flies (or kinda jumps) and fires incendiary rockets.

Lair: Thunderous and Exposed. The helicopter carries a boombox with a tape of helicopter sounds and cranks it up to summon the Lair.

Nightmares: Run Away, You Will Never Rest. You can't fight the helicopter, and a machine doesn't tire like your weak flesh.

Hunger for Ruin: The helicopter doesn't need to eat. It needs to destroy. Dragonfire rockets burn vehicles and homes. If you survive, despair in the wake of the helicopter.

Legend/Life: Attack Helicopter (rain fire from the sky)/Otherkin (discover your secret self with likeminded others)

Advancement: Become more helicopter-like. Get a megaphone for shouting orders (You Must Obey), a fan to simulate downblast (Crosswinds or Hurricane), and a handheld spotlight to search the ground (Blazing Light). Get Relentless Hunter, Shadowed Soul, Unbreakable, and maybe Storm-Lashed. Obsessively research strafing and airstrikes and mimic authentic helicopter behavior. You are an attack helicopter.

>What is better for vampires in the long run: Sabbat or Camarilla?

Neither, because they're both flawed as fuck.

A more moderated Sabbat that doesn't have a perpetual murderboner and a direct *need* to be monstrous and psychopathic would serve the Kindred community well, especially if they kept up their plans to screw over the Antedeluvians.

How would you simulated guided antitank missiles and machineguns, though?

we're all gonna die anyway

we are [spoilers]not[/spoilers] cucked

I believe Changeling: The Lost is the game you want.

which splat is best while eating bread if you know what I mean

>Fourthly: If all else fails I will just start writing bloody fanfiction!
Get on it, then.

If you're talking oWoD then you could play a Kitsune I suppose. They're one of the Fera. If you have any interest in Changeling the Dreaming though then a Pooka would be your best bet. It's the most lighthearted gameline in the World of Darkness and that specific Kith probably fits what you're going for best (as long as you don't mind having to play a compulsive liar).

>Fourthly: If all else fails I will just start writing bloody fanfiction!

I've considered doing this for the Ghost Wolf in the Changeling game.

That said, I'm sure there's plenty of self-published Werewolf/Elf novels on Amazon that are basically what the idea would come down to in the end.

Considering that his post is most likely bait, I'm pretty sure he's okay with being a compulsive liar.

It isn't bait and I'm a girl

Does Requiem have well-known/Clan-signature characters like Masquerade?

In Masquerade there's Lucita for the Lasombra, Ramona and Beckett for the Gangrel, Anatole for the Malkavians, Theo Bell for Brujah, Hesha for Followers of Set, Isabella for the Giovanni, Vykos for Tzimisce and so on.

Not really. There are plenty of named NPCs across various books but none of them are iconic in the same way.

Closest would be Solomon Birch -Lancea Sanctum bishop that used to pop up here and there in 1ed fluff

Yes, though most are early 1e: whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Signature_character

The original plan was to have nWoD games be purely toolbox, with a line of novels for each line that would focus on signature characters and cities in a continuing storyline. Due to the changing market, that was not to be. Aside from Vigil's characters of Vincent Moon and the Chevalier Theleme, signature and recurring characters become less and less present, with a slight return with Mummy 1e.

CofD 2e has signature characters, technically, with a new cast than their 2e counterparts, but you wouldn't know it unless you paid close attention to the core.

why did lucita go evil

She didn't. It was all a ruse

No Anatole, no sire to define herself against.

>it's yet another bloodline defined by their unique discipline
what's her name /wod/

Nekomata, obviously

I don't think the write-up actually had a discipline, I'm just feeling Dark Nostalgia at the moment.

>CofD 2e has signature characters, technically, with a new cast than their 2e counterparts, but you wouldn't know it unless you paid close attention to the core.

The corebook fiction and the fiction anthologies also present a number of recurring signature characters for the gamelines.

She was never good to begin with.

But that's old fluff now, she's still well and alive in 5e, which we see through Beckett's diary. Anatole's alive too. Though she's still part of the Sabbat and Beckett gets to witness some fucked up shit for one of their rites.

Lucita's disciplines are crap

Six dots in Obtenebration and three in Celerity is enough to mulch pretty much any similarly experienced character that doesn't have those Disciplines.

Celerity is pretty common, and Obtenebration is really not that powerful in the scheme of things

She fights well though.

>uses guns to riddle her enemies full of holes
>then uses Obtenebration to pour shadows into those holes and rip them apart

>guns
she's sabbat from the middle ages ;/

You gotta stay ahead of the game user.

In Beckett's Jyhad Diary, she uses guns.

Beckett's diary is fucking garbage then

Vampire is the worst of the gamelines

You should hate yourselves for enjoying it

People are going to disagree with you but you're 100% right the book is absolute trash

>ahead of the game
guns are faggot pieces of shit for vampires, just the modern cucks would bother with them.

>laughs in magefag

>laughs at magefag

WW said they were using it as a baseline for the metaplot of 5e.

Honestly I'm just enjoying what a massive trainwreck 5e is gonna be at this point
>change shit noone wanted changed
>do nothing with the actual problems VtM has

>do nothing with the actual problems VtM has

Such as?

Not denying it has problems, just wondering which ones you're thinking of.

VtM should have stayed dead