Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1873: In Which The Edition Goes Unnamed

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Post your most recent waifu.

Then go with Hassan of Serenity and play it smart. Use an Assassin like they're supposed to be used and take down Masters instead of trying to duke it would with other Servants. With A+ Presence Concealment and Shapeshift (Infiltration Specialization), you shouldn't have a problem keeping her under the radar. She's only 850ish SP (Pretty sure it's in that ballpark), so you even have points to boost her up quite a bit. Don't worry about boosting her poor Strength or Endurance stats, because you won't be using those.

Play smart, sprinkle in out-of-context powers, and you could do quite well.

You mean OC quriks? If so I had an idea if you want to hear it.

The first one, the only one, and more a friend than a waifu really.

Waifufags are cancer.

He isn't. He's curing that baby of disease (the black stuff that's being removed, probably plague).

Same question as last thread for those who didn't get to see it. I forgot to ask when I first brought it up, but does anyone want to suggest a quirk they'd like to see in the update? I've already got like half the spots filled so I can't make promises, but I'm always looking out for cool ideas.

>>Quirks from Vigilante like the flying brick and body slides
While I might include Slide and Glide, I'm not really gonna acknowledge Captain Celebrity as someone whose quirk is possible in the main series.

Vigilantes is a comedy series compared to Hero Academia and just sorta plays around with canon characters or makes up new ones without much regard for wider implications. Midnight being the straight shota queen, Captain Celebrity being able to lift cruise ships and fly around with them, Stain being displayed in a way that conflicts somewhat with his canon character, stuff like that. That's fine and all, Vigilantes is fun to read, but it is ridiculous.

Go ahead dude. Taking suggestions for either canon quirks not already in, or OC Quirks.

Something music related

A charisma boosting quirk, possibly pheramone based

Hey Jumpers, what are you eating?

A suggestion quirk that works off body sweat to effect peoples moods or emotions. Kinda like midnight.

Less of a waifu and more of a reminder that Self-control is a necessity.

Nope! According to the thread a lot of jumpers apparently just go full conqueror when they show up in a new world.
Of course, there's no way to tell how many of those are serious or just lying for the sake of hyperbole, but it's a thing that crops up with fair regularity.

Personally I think it would get boring, doing that five or ten or forty times in a row, and I'm DEFINITELY a thespian jumper, but I also take it to a higher extreme than most other jumpers I'm aware of, and tend to lose myself in the role. It's probably not for everyone.

I really like casual exploration. Like, exploration that's not too hard, but it's still fun because you're finding all kinds of things you didn't know about.

Of course, as a jumper gets up in power, what counts as "casual" starts to increase a bit. I think at this point it's not all that strenuous to just go wandering off in the countryside for days at a time, or go planet hopping. But it's the casualness that makes it fun. It's not this big epic adventure to go where no one has gone. You're just poking your nose here and there and seeing what's around. I always found that thought really benign and interesting.

Plus, in the city, you find all the best restaurants that way!

Like in real life? I'm currently making my way through some leftover pizza. Not right now, though. I'm not hungry.
Might make some coffee.

My jumper mostly just eats whatever comes out of the warehouse reserves a lot of the time. Probably a lot of seafood, since CATastrophe was pretty early.

It's complicated.

I wish I had an idea to offer but I will second for something music/song related. Maybe an emotion manipulator or just a pure sonic assault?

A piece of bubblegum.

Promise not to laugh, But I spent an unreasonable amount of time thinking of a custom quirk and then thinking of how to abuse it. I had an idea for one that allows you to find a persons soulmate/ true love kinda like a quest marker and a love meter that would turn brighter red when getting closer etc to their true love and I would sell the use of this ability to others like the grapist or whatever his name is but that's not all the power would be able to do, I would also be able to find someones true "fake" love i.e a relationship that you and the other think is going to be a gift from heaven and have a happy ending but usually end with hating each other and or murder and it would be the same only instead of a red meter it would be a black one.

I know it may sound stupid and weak but think of all the chaos one can cause from it

ur mom's ass!

Real life: Soylent
Jumper: Lots of burgers. Like, all of them.

Just want to say that I only look out for me and my people in jumps, anyone not in jumpers country can fuck off.

Chipotle.

Still haven't got any, that comes later.

That just doesn't sound like something a Quirk could do, regardless of its power or utility (which seem fine, balance wise).

Seeing fate/love is pretty wacky even by MHA standards.

Maybe I should have said love compatibility instead, but eh oh well

Something that affects emotions, likely through pheromones, possibly through music. If the former isn't music based, something else music based. I can work with stuff like that.

Well I'm not gonna laugh. I don't really think it's weak or overpowered, but it doesn't really seem like a Quirk. Working with fate and concepts like that seems to be out of the realm of what's shown in the series, which is more down to earth or playing with physics even if it is in a super power format.

Can project light from your eyes, sort of like an old film projector, layering lifelike holograms over anything that falls under your field of vision. Range limited to your field of vision, blinking will interrupt illusions, if only very temporarily.

Body hair serves as a breeding ground for microscopic parasites. They sense foreign bodies that come into contact with you, and move out to infect the offender. Anyone Afflicted by them will find their skin becoming progressively more irritable, to the point that they can only find relief by scratching their bodies raw and bloody. A thorough washing can be enough to clean them off; they hate water.

When blood coagulates, it aggressively spreads out over your body and hardens, stiffening until it becomes something like a suit of flexible plate armour. Only as effective as you are wounded.

True Assassin seems like a cool servant if you come with lots of OOC knowledge. The same goes for F/Z assassin. Also this one Some brainstorm of dumb ideas:
>Hammerspace
>Poison Breath (maybe just paralyzes people)
>Gun fingers/nails
>Drill hand/Drill creation
>Swimming through solid matter
>Dessert/candy creation
>Being able to raise one's own temperature to the point of start melting steel (maybe with a drawback that it causes dehydration if used for too long)
>Something like ballistic from Worm? The ability to infuse inorganic objects with kinetic energy and use them as projectiles. Might be cool if you can regulate the speed (weak at first) and use it on something like your hero suit, aside from imitating Nighteye
>Rappa's strength
>Giant hand stand-like summoning. It's a big hand. And can float, but cannot go too far from you?
>Give the terrain and inanimate objects rubber properties allowing you to bounce.
>Will you add elemental quirks? We have three different canon ones right now
>Mythical animal quirk: Dragon, Chimera, Phoenix, you get the drill, user gets strength+size+some secondary abilities (dragons fly, chimera breathes fire, phoenixs regenerate...)

Note: do not do this if you are irritated by redundancies. The author has a bad habit of saying the same thing over and over again, which is fine occasionally but he consistently repeats himself, especially if it's related to how the game/world works.

By the way, want to say thanks to everybody for taking time to suggest stuff regardless of if I use anything or not.

Oh, when phrased like that it's a bit different. If it's less a "red string of fate, one true love" sort of deal and more measuring compatibility and such it might be possible.

Some of these are really cool, I'll see if I can use any.

There's a few elemental quirks already.

Maybe something that works on you or on touch that highlights other people orthinga via your brain when you see those that match physical prerequisites?

Like on psych where he picks out clues.

>filename

Why specifically Scottish? Anyway...

>RL: Not right now, but will be having burger/fries for lunch
>Jumper: Whatever the Food Supply in the Warehouse dispenses, I'm not sure if it's nutrient paste or just ingredients

>If it's less a "red string of fate, one true love" sort of deal and more measuring compatibility and such it might be possible.

Yes, that was what I meant, and I would sell the use of my power to man lonely heroes and villains who I do not like

Tbh, I'd rather have summadat Quirk-making virus to give to my minions.

Also, some thinker-like quirks:
>Lie detector
>Infusing people with the inability to tell truth after touching them
>Being able to automatically dodge something as long as it's physically possible for you
>Have people believe that you are their friend after fulfilling some condition. Maybe have them speak to you, look you in the eyes or physical contact?
Maybe I should have said elemental manipulation? You have the water and the electricity ones, but they are nowhere close to what Shoto or the wind-guy could do.

Fuck off mate, that's no the Scottish heart attack. It's missing the deep fried mars bar.

Okay, but do we know what Krabby Patties REALLY taste like? Are they just The Best Burgers Ever and Good For Your Soul, or do they have a uniquely oceanic taste along with that?

IRL: Whataburger Chop House special. With extra sause.

Jumper: I've already managed to do pretty well, with enough levels of Master (Dragonlance often overlooked Base Class) you can craft Items of Legend which are such good items that without any form of magic/psionic/supernatural anything/etc. it manages to make weapons that confer a +5 bonus to attack rolls (Being so exceptionally balanced that it hits more often), armour check penalty is lessened by 5 (Tooled in such a way that it doesn't inconvenience you even if it were full plate armor), and skill bonus items confer a +10 bonus (Coffee that grants bonuses to concentration would be like a high end scholarly performance enhancement drug, warm milk might be a bonus to Auto-Hypnosis, a powerful skill that again is often overlooked.).

>Anne Bonny and Mary Read
A great pair of Servants for those who want to slip in under the 1000 SP mark. The only problem with them is that they're straight brawlers. No special tricks, no fancy hax, just kicking ass and taking names. Which, honestly, is going to get them slammed on during most Holy Wars. Even with the extra points to give their stats a kick in the pants, a few OOC powers are going to be needed.

You know there's an option to boost the power of quirks right?

Fuck off Worm fag

I can't find it in Dragonlance, which page?

Applesauce, gogurt, water, and vanilla pudding. I might try and make some congee for lunch later.

Base Class in War of the Lance I think.

No.

Have you met our lord and savior Taylor Hebert?

t. brainlet weeb

Rice with sweet and sour sauce and some peanuts.

t. Sophia

I just wanted to cuck the snek

Sad to say I don't know and I probably won't find out, considering I won't go to SpongeBob. I assume it tastes a bit oceanic, but still delicious.

Whats that got to do with worm?

>won't go to SpongeBob
Why not?

The spongebob jump can be replaced now and nobody would care.

So I haven't read the series, but I was making plans for helping out. Mostly I was going to give All-Might a healing factor so he can recover and use his power to its full potential.

But then from what I've seen of the MC, he seems sympathetic, so I'd like to give him some kind of power, too. What would you recommend?

The jump itself (especially some of the drawbacks) puts me off too much to even bother.

Mexican food.

Real stuff. I swear, if I go to one more Mexican place and see white people staffing it, I'm blowing up their whole planet.

Are there any other jumps you would describe that way?

Oh, lots of ideas. Hard to respond to them all in a timely manner, but I will say some are cool, some are already possible with Quirks in the Jump and some are either already going in (Rappa's Quirk) or something similar is going in (Speeding things up kinda like Ballistic). I will go into detail on the last two though.

There are elemental Quirks in the Jump either at a high or a low level that can be boosted up into greater forms. I don't really think the concept of them is so expansive as to make it a custom quirk like Animal Mimicry since then you'd get into hazy territory of "what is/isn't an element?" that I don't wanna get into.

Mythical Animal Quirks are something I've been thinking on due to Ryukyu showing up. I'm not quite sure what to do in that regard yet though considering she hasn't had much screen time at all and just seems to take a very large, durable, powerful form. I'm probably going to lean away from it since while you wouldn't be getting anything magical, mythical animals vary greatly with some having absurd laundry lists of supernatural abilities and I don't want to have to specify every time someone takes it exactly what flies and what doesn't for the purposes of taking it with such a quirk.

I'll think on it then.

Quirk Making Virus? You mean how one of the fringe theories on the birth of Quirks was virus based? We don't really know a lot on this stuff yet so I'm avoiding it for now.

Some of these can work. A form of the first one is actually going in already due to belonging to one of the eight precepts.

Make him a demi-servant

Who is that? Design actually looks pretty cool.

EXCEPT FOR BOOBPLATE REEEEEE

>I'll think on it then.

That's all I ask, Thank you.

>spoiler
Ugh.

Apparently some alternate Jeanne from an upcoming game or something like that?
>True female armor

See, I knew this question was coming so I tried to think of a few, but no, I don't think I've seen another jump that puts me off like that one does.

Hrmmm. If you're planning on helping All Might return to his prime while still wanting to help out Deku and give him powers. . . I don't think you'd necessarily have to give him something with a lot of up front power as much as something with possibilities. One of Deku's things is that he's really, really analytical and a huge hero fan, so sometimes he'll just zone out and start thinking about all the possible applications of their Quirks or thinking about who they'd work well with. So something with a lot of applications like things as basic as plain old super strength or telekinesis, or as complex as a Stand would work equally well.

Don't have in my current change yet. Can't decide between a snek girl from Generic Universal Monsters or a Mileena expy from Generic Fighting Games.

Shitty chinese food again

Could someone post the jump? I dont mind going through it and cleaning it later if the thread doesnt mind. Making it non fetishy.

>current change
Current chain, I mean.

>Give him a Sacred Gear
>Give him a Briah
>Give him the Gilgamesh Card
>Give him an Exaltation
>Make him a Reincarnator
>Teach him Alchemy
>Make him a Werewolf
>Make him a vampire

How do you usually go about building a custom Servant from scratch?

So I know we have a few perks to determine what someone would do/if they can be trusted with power, but do we have any perks that would help you mold someone into that kind of person? Preferably not something so direct as mind-rape, but making them at least semi-heroic through more "mundane" means.

The Man in the Shadows from Oda Nobuna might be what you are looking for.

>>Make him a Reincarnator
Does he have any notable ancestors? That just gives him the powers/skills of any "great people" from his past, so it wouldn't actually do anything if he doesn't have "great people" in his heritage.

Which of you guys posted my Heroic Spirit MATOU sheet here a few threads back.

I start with coming up with their legends/myth, writing that out. Then I read through what I just wrote and compare it to what I can find on the servant table, building whatever seems appropriate within the confines of the system. It doesn't have to perfectly represent what you just wrote, as canon servants rarely do due to the constraints of Servant System and Class Templates, so that eases the tension of getting everything you think would work.

Use a sideral charm to change his heritage then

"You can be so much more" From the Mr. Rogers jump.

>Give him an Exaltation
Wouldn't that be pointless considering other worlds' air isn't made of Essence/he doesn't necessarily have the requisite soul structure?

More than 50% of any human population that 'started' as a modern world equivilant can count on old Genghis Khan for that kind of thing.

Thankfully, most Exaltations have various means of getting around that kind of thing. The soul structure thing is a issue thought I agree.

You made one? post it again

It would be a great supplement, but it'd just give skills unless Genghis Khan in that world had a Quirk. I might be wrong, but user was probably looking for something different when he said "power".

>their whole planet

the planet of the white people?

Nah, Quirks seemed to start developing around the 20th century in Hero Academia. It just continues to look like the 20th-21st Century because they had a dark age for a while due to social upheaval and chaos caused by the birth of Quirks.

instant oatmeal right now

I do a lot of research into the normal myths and legends of the figure. See what kind of sidelong mentions I can dig up in addition to the main myth they are listed in. Then I pick a class that seems to be the closest fit, which can either be a no-brainer or take a while with a custom Servant. After that I try to find two Personal Skills that fit them, or more if they seem really on the nose. Then it's just boosting everything to the approximate levels they should be at.

Noble Phantasms are really hard for me to accurately create and price out. I made up "Stolen Ship William" for my boosted Anne and Mary in Fate/Zero, but it took me a while to settle on a rank that felt right while balancing it being useful but not completely overpowered.

I still have no idea what Lancer Ratatoskr's Noble Phantasm(s) would be, beyond the "horn". But I don't have to worry about him for a while yet.

Reincarnators gain powers based on the legend of their ancestors.
Tesla reincarnators had mountain busting railguns, for example.

You know what? Sure. I'll enable this.

Does he have the willpower to make use of a Green Lantern Ring?

>Gay Relationship (0 KP): Patrick and Spongebob have officially come out as Gay. This
changes absolutely nothing, except for what they might be doing during a sleepover

I was just pointing out that the Reincarnator thing has a reliable root in Genghis Khan in most settings that started out as a 'modern earth'. What said is what I was talking about. If Valeria were around we could even ask what the Warrior-King's Reincarnator might get, seeing as one of his relatives whom I only heard about in passing, Jahangir, has the power to 'create craters' via his power due to 'a keen observation of plants and animals' it's a weird power bestowal system.

No, all the other people, too. Just tired of bland white people Mexican food.

And that's as someone so white that wisps of smoke fly off my skin when I walk out in sunlight.

Thank you.
ANYONE HAVE ANY PRIBLEMS WITH ME EDITING THIS JUMP TO REMOVE FETISH STUFF AND MAKE THE WORDING LESS FETISHY?

I plan on keeping as much of the original as possible.

Fuck off

You should have been here when it was first getting posted. It used to be about how they'd randomly drop trou in the middle of town and fuck each other, and everyone was fine with it. The thread shouted that down, but Mom kept insisting that the show was filled with explicit gay overtones and it needed to be in the jump.

Jumpers, do you have a restaurant? What kind of food does it serve?