warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=y_yLYJwpFJM

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/08/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-rivals-sep-8gw-homepage-post-3/

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz EPUB
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx PDF

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3UVFyR0u
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for terminators suck

my dudes > your dudes

>the virgin tactical dreadnought
>the chad mangressor

Will FW do enforcers or arbites?

Hey think of it this way. A storm bolter is almost as good as a flamer is when shooting at Light Infantry. So they have that going for them.

Dumb question, but if you fail a charge roll, do the units still move the number on the dice, or do they not move at all?

I claim this thread for the Dark Gods!

They don't move at all in the Charge phase, but they can pile-in towards the closest unit in the subsequent Fight phase.

Would you allow your opponent to use a Repulsor without the turret equipment? It looks nicer and it would save about 40-100 points.

>it would save about 40-100 points
If you really, really want a 290 point Twin lascannon Razorback for some reason

I would, yeah.

Honestly they should have made it two variants, with the turret one the "Razorback Repulsor" and a non-turret "Rhino Repulsor" type.

>I like the way this sucks!

Damn it looks a lot better without without that turret.

It also looks good with a predator turret

Hey nidfriends I have two quick questions

1. Are pyrovores ever worth running?
2. I have the Maleceptor/Toxicrene box but I don't know which one to build. If you had to pick 1, which would you build, and why?

In a similar vein, I wonder if anyone's developed a "create-a-unit" template similar to character generators for DnD where you type stats and shit in, and it spits out a nice "codex similar" page. Maybe with Chapter Approved's Vehicle Rules someone will step up.

It flies and transports chads.

I can see that.

They don't move at all.

I don't think this is true, but, I can't seem to refute it at the moment.

I know this won't be very good against a competitive list but here's something I'm going to try soon. I have an iron hands and a crimson fists army, thinking about fielding an iron hands terminator detachment for FNP terminators up close while the fists shoot from a distance.

Iron Hands vanguard

Terminator librarian
5 cataphractii (2 twin LC, 2 power fists, power sword, 3 storm bolters)
5 terminators (Cyclone)
5 terminators (Assault cannon, 1 with chainfist)

Crimson Fists batt
Pedro Kantor
Lt with fist of vengeance

5 intercessors
5 intercessors
5 tac marines with power fist, flamer, combi flamer
asscan razorback

LC+missile dread

Devastators with cherub, 3 lascannons, missile, a few bolter marines

Assault plasma hellblasters

Why does GW hate Orks? Do they undermine the SRSBSNS that is the core of 40k nowadays apparently?

Both, I can't wait to see the kitbashes.

Yeah and spending the extra 40 points on good guns is probably worth it, considering chads lack lascannons otherwise

1. Ehhh. They're okay? Not as godawful as last edition. Being one of the few units with >9" flamers they can shoot after Deep Strike. Maybe worth a shot bringing them in with Raveners using the Jorm strat or something.

2. Toxicrene is probably more viable, they got buffed a bit in the Codex with WS 3+ and AP -2 weapons. Maleceptors are just worse Hive Tyrants with a psychic gimmick that isn't worth it.

Pyrovores have always been a joke unit. They still don't look very good, though they can attack the turn they deep strike since Flamespurt has 10" range. If you have a way to deep strike them.

Do they though?

>I don't think this is true, but, I can't seem to refute it at the moment.
To be fair it needs an FAQ because there's nothing that 100% confirms it either correct or incorrect. GW needs to clarify if a unit that declares a charge counts as a unit that charged. If an opponent disputed the rule in a game I would accept it and not do it until an FAQ says otherwise.

I hope, I'll jump all over that shit. Run them in my IG too.

>top is an incoherent mess with a hundred guns
>bottom is a shoebox

primaris shit is so ugly

Pyrovores are good if you deep strike them via Jorm's stratagem with Ravaners or Trygons (since Pyrovores are infantry). As for Toxicrene or Maleceptor, I would go for Toxicrene, Maleceptor sadly just doesn't do what you would expect, the Toxicrene has more of a threat radius to it and a decent source of mortal wounds.

??? orks are one of the best factions right now

>cheap bodies
>assload of shooting with lootas
>cheap grot objective holders

Has uh anyone ever sold their shit to Frontline Gaming? I want to sell off some old armies I don't play anymore and start a new one. Selling to them and getting bonus credit in their shop seems like a good idea. Anyone given it ago?

They don't hate them, they just don't have anyone that cares about them.

Lootas are shit.

>enforcers or arbites
what's the difference?

I imagine they'd pull a Gamestop on you.

what are you guys hoping for in the new daemon codex?

Lootas are garbage that can't hit anything.

Orks are nowhere near best faction but they're also not as bad as some people say they are, they're just heavily monolist and boring. The only viable Ork list is Greentide with lots of Stormboyz.

Fluff mentions of them being shit on by Tau.

deepstriking lesser daemons
Toughness 4 bloodletters.

Am I crazy or did two weapons used to mean you could attack twice as much

Phoned in garbage to make chaoscucks like carnac off themselves.

It just meant +1 attack, not double.

>deepstriking lesser daemons
likely a thing.
>Toughness 4 bloodletters.
not going to be a thing.

You used to get +1 attack if you had two or more melee weapons.

Death Company attacking twice on a charge, cheaper dreads and inferno pistols.

Demons can battle forge with any faction that are bad guys

Some delivery system for My Khorne Daemons. And buffs to skull cannons because fuck that thing. It is never worth 147 points

Be'lakor getting shit on by rocks.

Bonus points if they're meteors hurled by Hive Fleet Jormungandr.

Just taking off the pintle and closing the open hatch auto-launcher boxes is enough to improve the look. It's also fully legal.

Bringing in all the AoS/WF daemons into 40k that haven't been already so I can use the Mutalith Vortex Beast/Slaughterbrute models for something other than like a Maulerfiend/Forgefiend/chaos spawn.

I honestly hope they do not include the sacred number crap. It's a neat fluff bit, but was pretty unusable for some of the gods. Giving them all deepstrike back would be nice

how well do primaris fit into blood angels? Im thinking about getting some Reivers at least

I hope they actually produce enough of the beastman model so scalpers don't fuck over everyone AGAIN.

A-user, We aren't Daemons our lost brothers are not Daemons either.

WIP Furioso, hoping points are balanced out in BA codex and Furioso gets beefed up. 13 front side armor in 7th but same statline as other dreads in 8th?

The new Inquisitor rules would be nice.

>with lots of Stormboyz
Nah. They're all fully or semi Green Tide with 90 or more Boyz, But there are lots of optional units you can take. Not just Stormboyz.

>FUCK
>blood angels

3edge5me

user that thiccness should increase its toughness by atleast 1 point. Chewing through that paint is going to be tough.

1CP deepstrike stratagem is likely, probably with a limited max number.
I see advance then charge being a thing for khrone or slaanesh.

Sacred number could come up in weird funny ways in strats or relics.

user from the last thread who's doing a quick breakdown of the 40k factions.

Here's what I have thus far of the loyalist space marines. Anything I should add, or details I fucked up?

pastebin.com/3UVFyR0u

Arbites are the official imperial branch of a police force, where enforcers is a term used for local authorities, usually pre existing before compliance.

>Lying in the second sentence
C'mon, user. I know newbies are gullible, but that's cruel.

>descendant chapters
I think you mean successor chapters

every unit is usable though. Not COMPETITIVE, necessarily, but this isn't 7e where you're actively gimping yourself using certain units.

Pyros aren't worth it. Yea, you can deepstrike them in with the help of a Trygon or Raveners and have them fire immediately, but they're not particularly difficult to kill so most likely they'll be killed right after. No big deal, they're only 38 points each, right? Well, yes, but they also probably exploded and dealt mortal wounds to the units you also paid points for to help bring them onto the board, so...

We're not hurting for the kind of anti-infantry damage a couple of heavy flamers can bring. So Pyrovores don't really do much. If their Flamespurts could fire a melta-esque profile they might actually have a role in the army that isn't superfluous at best, or a hindrance at the worst.

Reivers are about on par with Death Company for both horde and MEQ killing, but have an extra wound, so there’s that. They have trouble with TEQs, but that’s why you have Sanguinary Guard with encarmine swords. The Gravis captain as a BA is really good though, especially if you give him Indomitus armour and Legendary Survivor or whatever it’s called, high defenses, toughness, and killing potential all for a little over 100pts.

Placeholder until I can figure out how to paint decent writing

Give LoC's Magnus super smite
Make Pink Horrors worth taking
Make Summoning less shit
Bring over more Tzaangors stuff from AoS That probably can wait till the Tson dex though.
Bring over more stuff from AoS like rules and models in general
Yea that's kinda what I'd figured. Still I should probably just shoot them an email and see if I think I can swing more from Ebay.

thanks, I knew the word was wrong but I couldn't remember the actual name.

I have a deathwing army and I need some help, i've been doing okay so far but I just need to find that little something extra to make my army good.

My list is so far:

Terminator Captain w/t Relic Blade and Storm Shield
Terminator Librarian w/t Force Sword and Storm Shield

Deathwing Apothecary w/t Stormbolter

Deathwing Champion w/t Halberd

Deathwing Ancient w/t Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

(5) Deathwing Knights w/t Hammers/Shields and Flail/Shield

(5) Deathwing Terminators, Sgt w/t TH/SS, Plasma Cannon/PF, (2) Terminators w/t SB/PF, and Terminator w/t CF/SB

Land Raider w/t (2) Twin Las Cannons and Twin Heavy Bolters

Roughly 1500 points. What should I add to boost it to 2000 and 2500?

So I rolled up a Chapter for fun and I ended up getting an Ultramarine successor Chapter from the Ultima Founding made up of Primaris space marines.

They favor armored assaults, are a fleet based Chapter, currently on a Crusade against Tyranids, works with the Black Templars, and I can't seem to think of a color scheme and name for a group of Ultramarines that decided one day to become Black Templar lite.

I was thinking of taking BT and DA bits and putting them together with the Primaris Marines along with some Tyranid bits as trophies.

Does anyone know how a vehicle heavy Primaris list would be?

I would be completely for this. It would drive up more sales and Chaos gets more toys that look nice/cool.

Yeah, I much prefer taking biovores over pyrovores for their points, plus I think pyrovores are in stock unlike biovores...

>front says 'fuck'
>back doesn't say 'a duck'.
Strip it and start over.

Been away for a bit. A new lore since Dark imperium?

So who is gonna pick him up? Also more bbhuman models when?

either practice extensively with the smallest brush you can get or use a micron pen

Before you do that you need to practice painting in a solid consistency

To this end I'd recommend a wet pallet and just practice paint application, you shouldn't just glob paint onto the model directly from the pot, you should spread it out on a pallet of some sort so you can control how much paint is going to be applied to the model while thinning it down with some water allows it to smooth out as it dries

Assault marines

>You can deepstrike, but only with units of the sacred number.

So I got a cheapo land raider from a friend of mine but its missing some stuff. The multimelta, stormbolter, and other top junk. It's also missing the heavy bolter turret, pictured.

Anyone know where I can find one, or maybe someone could send me one they have spare?

You also need to figure out how to properly thin your paint.

Not really true, there are still units which are just bad. The tesseract vault comes to mind.

Thin your paints

I know most people hated it but I'd love for sacred numbers and warpstorm to come back.

As I said. Assault marines aren't horrid, but there's better choices.

I wouldn't know, I've never seen anyone field anything except warrior spam since 8e.

Hows this for an all dreadnought list? I know I want to build one just for fun but I want to get a good idea of what additional dreadnoughts to get, I have Bjorn, two venerable dreads, a leviathan and a deredeo so far. I really want some input on how good redemptors are

Space Wolves Vanguard Detachment 2000points

HQ:
Bjorn the Fellhanded: Plasma Cannon, Trueclaw w/ heavy flamer 257pts
Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, DCCW w/ heavy flamer 198pts

Elites:
Venerable Dreadnought: Fenrisian Great Axe & Blizzard Shield 145pts
Venerable Dreadnought: Twin Lascannon, Great claw w/ heavy flamer 182pts
Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: Kheres assault cannon, chainfist w/ plasma blastgun 227pts
Redemptor Dreadnought: Macro plasma incinerator, fist w/ gatling cannon, fragstorm launchers 201pts
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Arachnus lascannons, twin heavy bolter, aiolos missile launcher 257pts

Heavy Support:
Siege Dreadnought: Multi melta, Seismic hammer w/ meltagun 192pts
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav flux bombard, siege drill w/ meltagun 341pts

I'll think about it when he can be hired by the Tau.

I'm a noob, but I've been using toothpicks instead of brushes for some of the details.

Name a worse unit than assault marines, point for point.

I had to use some brush I never used before that was large, intended to only base it until I could find my regular brush but once I got going I couldn't stop. Not that I'm that good either way.

BIG
SAGGY
DIAPER

hellions

Are Maleceptors still that bad even after the new codex buffed them?

When/where will he be sold? GW store exclusive or some gameday thing?

what size micron pen is best?

From the looks of it he will be FW.

You should do Iron Hands instead of Space Furfags. It would be fluffier that way.

Your HQs can be Venerable Chaplain Dreadnoughts from Forge World. Make one of them your HQ and it can have 3 6+ FNP rolls for every wound it takes (one from being Iron Hands, one from being Venerable, and one from the Warlord trait).

Dunno, how are bikes these days? Does anyone even use Vindicators and whatever Marines have for AA tanks?