Why is YuGiOh more successful among African Americans than something like Magic the Gathering?

Why is YuGiOh more successful among African Americans than something like Magic the Gathering?

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Vi-seconds-ill-body-you-lyrics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cause of the show

I wouldn't have thought shounen anime was a draw

because they didn't grow up watching the MtG anime.

Because while it is a broken mess, ygo is "cool", the show was "cool" (and it had a show), niggers love anime (even the most hardcore gangsters that kill people everyday will come back home to watch DBZ and had at least at one time narutoran) and niggers love cool shit. Thus for them YGO is superior because it has giant dragons and cool robots

imagine that there's a game that has a goofy show that you watched as a kid about it.

Now imagine that there's a similar game that doesn't have such a show about it.

Of the two, which do you play?

I mean I wouldn't have thought they'd have watched it in the first place. But what do I know?

>Why is YuGiOh more successful among African Americans than something like Magic the Gathering?
Because Africans and everyone genetically related to them tends to prefer something flashy and ideally connected to a flashy show.

MtG simply has... the game. Africans usually have more but looser social bonds so somthing that looks is widely known and has skills mainly related to memory will naturally be more successful.

I seriously wish there were an mtg cartoon.

>I seriously wish there were an mtg cartoon.
Well, there's a web sitcom?

It... uh... it exists

never underestimate the capacity of a black man to watch TV.

TV is fucking dope, nigga.

This. As a kid I was interested in playing Yu Gi Oh, not interested in card games in general. I never even heard of MtG until college

>It... uh... it exists
Even GW can somehow leverage its IPs better.

>"Ayy yoo, it's da popo! Gotta bounce!"
Said the drugdealer as he disappeared down the alley, his arms dangling behind him

I actually like the idea of Magic's "show" being a slice of life thing about people who play the game in the real world. But how about a budget, marketing and people who can actually act?

>I actually like the idea of Magic's "show" being a slice of life thing about people who play the game in the real world. But how about a budget, marketing and people who can actually act?
That would imply Wizards are competent or Hasbro cares about anything other than mindless stagnation.

Nerf cartoon, user! Imagine it!

Why don't they care? Supposedly ties to a TV show made YuGiOh a success. Why not take a bit of that delicious pie?

>Why not take a bit of that delicious pie?
Because you'd have to explain to them what the words "Success", "Delicious" and "Pie" mean first without using quarterly sales statistics of MLP and MtG.

Seriously, a big reason smartphones have become such serious rivals to toys is that western toy makers have simply lied down and let themselves be crushed.

Hasbro, like most American/British gaming companies, is completely stagnant.

Boy I know you ain't in this thread disrespecting LoadingReadyRun.

You should be honoured they're addicted enough to that shitty card game for WotC to give them a sloppy maple syrup splattered contract. Friday Nights is even kinda funny w/o liking the game.

LRR is another one of those things that are completely stagnant and run-down. They were hella good 10 years ago but /that was 10 years ago/.

They can't act!

>I actually like the idea of Magic's "show" being a slice of life thing about people who play the game in the real world.

Hollywooded up, of course

They were in high school 10 years ago, and have changed a lot.

I understand consistency can be anathema on a board full of people with half fulfilled dreams that pretends we still "get things done," but there's no need to project.

I dunno, a Beavis and Butthead-style show which mostly focuses on making fun of its own target audience (who are too dumb to figure it out) would be kinda funny.

But I say that as someone who doesn't really care about Magic so my opinions on what would make a good show about it are irrelevant.

I think that might be a bit antiquated. I'm certainly all for a more self-deprecating sort of show but I think it needs to go after the Curb model where everyone's intelligent but varying shades of narcissistic, petty and pedantic.

>I understand consistency can be anathema on a board full of people with half fulfilled dreams that pretends we still "get things done," but there's no need to project.
I'm unsure why you have to go personal withut provocation but I guess it's a decent-enough way to assess their current fanbase and reaffirm my commitment to staying as far away from them as possible.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

They have a show in and out of the game. Heart of the card, m80. Will he become the king of game?

I watched Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid and I played magic more as an adult.

Do mean friday nights or something else?

Yes

Is it?

Or is it just unpopular among white people?

Can confirm on anecdotal level, self and all couple of black friends played YGO - only member of main friendcircle who played MTG was the Russian guy.

Grew up watching YGO, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, etc. Probably have genderbending fetish due to formative years filled with Ranma DVD's, cannot confirm. Played YGO for meme factor and because friends played - remembered POT OF GREED and TRAP CARD memes from childhood.

Posting Exodia.

How do you know that it is?

How do you know that?

Can you imagine a shounen anime on par with YuGiOh but about Magic?

"Not so fast, Shin!"
"N-nani!?"
"For you see, you forgot about my Maze of Ith!"
"Curse you!"

Black dudes typically love anime, not sure why that is. Don't even get a nigga started on Piccolo. I've never once met a black guy that didn't love fucking Piccolo.

Which is fine because Piccolo is badass.

you laugh but i'v seen shit like that, hell when i lived in the states half the time the guys looking like they would commit a crime were talking anime

This, but unironically.
.t black weeb

arnt all black guys weebs?

The link between anime and Generation X and beyond African-Americans is well documented.

My gf sent me a video titled “when your music comes up next on the playlist”
It’s a bunch of black men in a car, phat beatz end and segues into Seishun Kyosoukyoukou by Sambomaster (one of the early Naruto OPs). The driver is halfway through defending his taste in music when the rest of the car starts singing along.
Every time something involves anime in real life in America, we always guess there are black people involved, and we’re always right.
T. Black couple

genius.com/Vi-seconds-ill-body-you-lyrics
It’s in the he second verse I believe
The piccolo thing would be a stereotypical empathy with the son of an absent father connecting with a friend of the family and becoming his surrogate son

It'd be about the Gatewatch instead of actual people playing. Jace already looks like a harem anime protagonist, so it works.

>Or is it just unpopular among white people?
Popularity of TCGs among white people in my country
FOW~=MTG>YGO>Pokemon

because of the sound effects.

I found this YuGiOh card while walking to the store. It was soaked with morning dew. I don't know a thing about it, can anyone tell me more?

Funny pack filler.