Are you serious? haha for real?

>Are you serious? haha for real?
>Are you seriously going to run a dumbed down version of D&D instead of the most mechanically superior and more intelectually challenging version, PF?

How do you respond

I call you a dumb frogposter and roll my eyes in a couple hours when I see this thread in the catalog with 250 replies about roasties and cucks.

DnD is satanic. This is a Christian household; we play GURPS.

What's the point of GURPS? A system that can do many things but all of them badly.

It is like eating a steak with a spork, yeah you can but you can also eat with a fork and knife.

>A system that can do many things but all of them badly.
>t. somebody who never played GURPS

Fuck off, frogposter.

What's the point of D&D? A system that can do very few things but all of them badly.

It is like eating a steak with a single chopstick, yeah you can but you can also eat with a fork and knife

t.butthurt gurper

>Until you start roleplaying like a god there's no point in making the game more complex Bob. Now sit the fuck down.

that's a mad frog

Man, why are frogposters so dead set on shitposting every time they show up?

Fuck off, Frogposter.

GURPS is a system that can do anything, and do it very well indeed if you know what you're doing. In general, GURPS can do any game at least as well as that game can do itself unless A) FATE would do it better or B) it's niche and goofy and the system is inextricable form the nicheness and goofiness (e.g. Maid RPG).

However, it is no small task to git that gud at GURPS.

Why are frogposters so much dumber than other posters?

"Pathfinder dumbed down the game by removing all roleplaying and leaving it as a die roll. Sorry but if you need THAT much handholding I recommend finding another group."

If you think the system matters more than the group does, I'd say you're pretty intellectually challenged.

I start explaining to him at length and in detail exactly what's wrong with Pathfinder.
>a single caster can can render multiple party members obsolete with a single night's rest (sometimes, even less!) to change out prepared spells
>a caster's summoned creatures are better fighters than the classes dedicated to fighting
>some casters can self-buff to make themselves better fighters than the classes dedicated to fighting
>"I stand in one place and full attack" is often the only useful option for non-casters, because if it's not a spell, it's not allowed to be useful or fun
>numbers spiral wildly out of control thanks to bloat, resulting in a game where you're adding +30 and higher to rolls of a 1d20
>CMD and CMB don't scale with each other, making combat maneuvers go from suboptimal to straight up useless at later levels
>the "magic item economy" doesn't make any fucking sense
>feat bloat with hundreds of feats ranging from uselessly situational to just plain useless, alongside with a list of blatant must-haves that absolutely everyone takes, with no future attempts at patching or balancing
>thanks to ivory tower design, it's easy to accidentally make a suboptimal character that will be left behind by even minor optimization
>dozens of fiddly little circumstantial and situational modifiers that pile up and bog down the game
>echo chamber forums in which the devs isolated themselves, allowing them to ban anyone who disagrees or points out the glaring flaws in their precious perfect game
>arrogant, egotistical dev team that refuses to ever admit to making any mistakes in anything they've ever made, ever

I figure he'd probably get bored of my rambling and leave within the first three or four minutes. People like him aren't interested in debating the finer points of design of tabletop RPGs.

Nah, I fully agree with the assessment that GURPS sucks. All I'm saying is that D&D is even worse.

"Dude, this is Fantasy Flight Star Wars, what the fuck are you on about."

AESTHETIC