There are people who think this is an acceptable number layout for d4s

>there are people who think this is an acceptable number layout for d4s

You've got some pretty sharp edges there, mylord.

This, more than anythign else, exemplifies what is wrogn with Veeky Forums.

It is a case of "other people have fun in ways I don't like and that's BAD". And it's pointless, stupid, and worthless. Oh god, they play that game I hate, better tell them they're having fun wrong. Oh god, they rolls dice with different number setups than I do, got to tell them they're wrong.

Fuck you, you ruined this board.

I prefer the a Crystal Caste gem dice style D4.

Seems alright. The best is to put the numbers on the corners, but also oriented toward the corner.

Shame is a valid tool to enforce cultural norms and traditions.

Objectively speaking though, bottom read d4s ARE harder for your brain to process at a glance especially when you consider how every other dice is read - by looking at the topmost result.

Reading the result of a d4 that prints on the bottom is literally the same as ignoring the top number of a d6 and instead reading the side closest to you.

It doesn't make sense, it isn't efficient, it's confusing when rolling multiple d4s that don't conform to the same standard of result placement, it goes against the standards set forth by our ancestors and most importantly it is a propaganda reconditioning tool. If (((they))) can get you complacent enough to go against your natural instincts and read a d4 with a bottom printed result, imagine what else they can do to your brain.

That layout confuse my brain.

Those do look quite nice, maybe I'll pick some up, but I've actually come to quite like the style of d4 that Impact Miniatures dice uses, with the corners rounded off and the numbers on top, they also roll a lot easier, because I sometimes have trouble getting those normal pyramid shaped d4s to actually roll instead of sit in my hand while I try to shake them.

What the actual fuck. These are so worthless.

Half the reason people use d4s in the first place is that when the burglars try to break in while your parents are away on vacation, you have an ample supply of caltrops.

Impact d4s are some of the best around. Can't recommend them enough. Even if you aren't a DCC player, you need to have a set of these lying around.

Never had anyone complaining so far, but then again, none of them have autism.

Does anyone make a D4 in the same vein as the D3 here ? Basically just a D8 with repeating results.

Fool, "top" and "bottom" are merely geocentric properties based on the earths gravity field and thus empirically defined. What constitutes a surface however is defined solely by logic and thus a much more pure and fundamental definition. If the method of reading one specific kind of dice has to deviate from that of the others, it thus takes far less readjustment for a logically thinking individual to change their observation of the direction of the side to look at than the property of the geometric shape.

Except there's nothing shameful about having fun. Unless you don't like someone elses' fun, in which case, you're just a self-righteous dickhead who needs his head yanked out of his ass and his balls kicked in.

Except the surfaces of d4s are never labelled. They always either label the edges, like in OP's pic, or they label the vertices, like proper d4s.

What the fuck are you even whinging about? It's just a thread about dice.

Yup, Veeky Forums is completely ruined now. You better leave forever and never come back.

You do realize no one is actually mad about these things, right?

I have one, but it's from the 80s so I don't know where it's from.

Well we have found the totalitarian I see. Do you always advocate meeting free speech with violence?

Its a joke you autist.

D5-D24 look geometrically fucked. No way those are balanced.

I like D30s, tho.

The d24 is fair, it's the deltoid/kite faced form.

Chessex makes them, also a Roman 12-sider.

Do they sell a pack that is standard sizes with a d4? I really like the idea of actually fucking rolling some d4's

I don't think so, closest you can get is their 14 dice sets for DCC, which has the typical d4, d6, d8, d10, d%, d12, and d20, then the addition of the d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24 and d30, it's like $15-$20 depending on where you buy I think?
I reccomend buying on Amazon and not their official site because you're still buying from them but the prices are cheaper.

>>hasn’t been gaming since the 80’s

Spoken like a true manchild.

>he uses dice that are not transparent
What are you hiding in there citizen? Something illicit I'm sure. For your presumed unbalanced dice you will be the first into the gas chamber/gulag. Maybe next life you'll bring dice that can be properly inspected for internal deformities.

>there are people who think d4s are acceptable

Use a fucking d8 and divide by two, assholes.

>not d12 and divide by 3

unreal

>Not d20 divided by 5

Literally the easiest math possible.

Haha dood! I watch Rick and Morty too!

>Not using a mix of colored lead and wax crayon when coloring your die

This is like quibbling over whether mayonnaise or ketchup is better on a shit sandwich. There are far better alternatives to pyramidal d4s.

Are far better than , which don't actually roll around in your hand very well. The latter are actually pretty shitty dice, it's just that they're still vastly superior to standard d4s.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with caltrops. Exercise your rights.