What would be some notable Ocenia based cultures and weaponry to base my island water druids on...

What would be some notable Ocenia based cultures and weaponry to base my island water druids on? I've seen some cool stuff about islands of Kiribati and their traditional martial arts, so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to something similar.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x50mvxp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you mean Oceania?

Yes, Oceania, sorry. It's to get some foundation until I try to figure out a way to merge these cultures and traditions alongside codependency with a race of Leviathan creatures in the deep sea.

Well, I'm 100% unbiased so listen to me.
The Māori are the most based Polynesian culture. All others, except maybe the Tahitians, or Maohis iirc. It's best to pull weapons from all the Polynesian cultures though because it gives you more variaty. Personal favourite have always been shark tooth swords and pounamu (greenstone, I think it's called jade in other places) clubs.

Wow I did not realise what I typed. Meant to say that the Tahitians were also based.

Posting from South Auckland cuz?

The sharktooth swords always looked cool as fuck to me. What makes the Maori stand out from other Polynesian cultures in your opinion?

>South auckland
Fuck no
Wellington for life bruh

Because they didn't try an romanticise the fuck out of their culture like the hawai'i cunts and shit
I got a few good stories i'll ruin by retelling if you want them

No I'm totally down for hearing it.

There's one story I remember from primary school about how everyone's favourite demigod, Maui, met his death. He died because he turned into a worm and crawled inside the Goddess of Death's vagina, then his friend laughed and the Goddess woke up, crushing Maui to death with the obsidian teeth she had in her vagina.

In terms of irl stuff, when we learnt about tā moko (the tattoo shit), we were told about how this tribe sent it's tattoo artists over to another tribe to give them tattoos as a mark of alliance, and gave them all these really high status tattoos... above the groin? The thing with these tattoos is that they basically meant you couldn't walk for a few days, so when all the males in their tribe were laid up in bed recovering, the original tribe came and slaughtered them all. And then ate them ofc

Yeah nah this is Polynesia's best and deadliest weapon ay

ayyy
bet your mum used to slap you with that all the time cuz

Throw back to when the Maori got sick of the sun being a cunt (days going too fast) so they waited till he woke up, broke in, tied the cunt down smacked him till he cried and made him promise to be a bitch for the rest of time.
deepest lore origin of gang violence in NZ :^)

Don't forget the time Maui thought it would be a good idea to break every one of his aunties fingers off so his friends could light a joint

Or when Maoi showed off to his brothers and fished up the north island, leading to his brothers fucking up the catch with their weapon cause Maoi was a CUNT
deepest lore origin of tall poppy syndrome in NZ :^)

Maui* you illiterate samoan faggot

End me.
Truely dishonoured.

snow white :^)

Or the lesser known one about how he turned his brother in law into a dog because he tried to steal his catch

You're welcome

Are you auckland?

I love that documentary
I think it's the title is said.. Moan-a??
have heard burgers say Moan-a... It hurts user

OG Tauranga

dorklander now though :(

I hate moana anyway
Maui should never have been cast as some fat boonga, samoans can go fuck themselves

If you want lab test footage of some Maori weapons, there was an episode of Deadliest Warrior that would be of use.

dailymotion.com/video/x50mvxp

Some of it is crap, some looks decent, like every other episode of that show.

riiip you senpai

i like how we derailed this thread though

AY FUK U CUNT UR MAD U LOST DA RUGGERS FUKIN PALANGI ALWAYS ARRESTING INNOCENT SAMOANS WHO ARE OCCUPIYING STREETS AND BREAKING LAWS

It's not derailed. True oceanic shitposting culture

fuck u man i hope the pigs lock you and all your cuzzies up you fat sole
go back to kfc before me and the boys knock your block off

Ayy fuck u cunt the kfc in CBD too PALANGI bro they got Dem computers and fuk walking to da other one.

Any1 Kno any good ways to get kfc discount? Also I'm selling a skyline ay, oh no reggo and keyhole like munted but she good, cash only

>he needed to gouge out the kehole to break into a skyline
ayy fuckin samoans cant even steal a fuckin skyline lmao

best way to get discounts in the kfc is with a gun

Pacific Islanders were basically space operas but with water.

Countless patches of civilization miles and miles apart, cultures and myths shifting and shaping avroas the void.

But we have such amazing gun laws here bro unlike America!!
our gun laws are so loose and no one knows hehe

Isnt culture by defintion romantisized?

in all seriousness, this.
Also you better call those big ass monsters taniwha bruh

hey shut the fuck up cunt

nah hawaiins like to pretend they didn't eat people and shit

Everyone eat people at some point, they just don't want to fucking remember it.

Back on topic, Oceania is a fucking sick ass setting, and I am glad that it's getting it's proper attention, same with Celtic myth. Amusingly they both are drunk shit heads crying "we waz kangs!".

i dont see polys crying they were kings
that soesnt stop polynesian mythology being fucking based as shit though

There is literally a movie called "We Where Warriors." Hell it's subject matter kinda proves my point.

Its a movie called Once were warriors and it's a story about domestic violent you fucking retard.
This had better be fucking bait.

They do not know how to add 2 plus 2 correctly?

End yourself holy shit.
Even if you were not talking out your ass, big difference between warriors and kangs

it's good to see we can racist shitpost with the best of them but we should probably let the northern hemisphere have its thread back now guys.

I think we went to far, but I'm sure now he realizes that Māori > anyone and he should just be a massive cunt.

Wrong name but got it so cook the man some fucking eggs bitch!

FUCKEN UNCLE BULLY