What are your thoughts on a world where all the sapient life is fungal?

What are your thoughts on a world where all the sapient life is fungal?
I want to make mushroom analogues to various fantasy races but I want to have some input on making it unique.

The first thoughts that come to mind are what they would consider good land and how they get food on a larger scale. I feel like most of the other stuff would ultimately just be the same as any other fantasy race aside from prosey stuff

Mushrooms are just fungal cocks.

>What are your thoughts on a world where all the sapient life is fungal?
It would get very limited and to be quite frank, you can't do very much with fungus penises.

I'd like it.
I highly value novelty in my tabletop, as novelty and out of the box thinking are pretty much the only things tabletop does hands down better than vidya.

Also, HP would make a LOT more sense when everyone is a fungus with regenerative powers.

>you can't do much with fungal penises

I beg to disagree

There are no lack of different mushroom types you can use. You could have golden oyster mushrooms which are seen as being some sort of noble cast due to their bright colouring, lack of poison and cheery nature. Poisonous mushroom species could take the place of goblins and trolls in the countryside, since they grow in dark and inhospitable places.

I'd play it, but I'm also an amateur mycologist. Could be really fun though. What were some of the ideas you had?

A variety of fungoid races all stemming from a (very) distant ancestor are inhabiting a world of weird magic and giant beasties. All of them have developed specialized means of survival, ranging from brute strength to shamanism to poisonous clouds.
If you have any good easily accessible sources, I'd love to have have them. I actually don't know anything about the actual science behind shrooms.

Well, remember that the actual mushroom is the fruiting body of the fungus, the part that emits and receives spores. So a world of mushroom-people is essentially a planet of walking genitals. Sounds kind of gross to me.

Are they edible?

To each other? As much as humans can eat other humans. To wildlife they're delicious.

that's basically what the planet already is.

*phallus, a symbol of strength and applied power

Some infect lesser beasts and grow them into sapiency.
Some grow walking mushrooms as their 'adventuring' body, spreading spores far and wide.
Some grow on rocks and glue them together like some sort of rock golem.
Some has spores that has powerful magics, making individuals out of a cloud of spores.

what is their food ?
mushrooms grow on decaying organic matter, usually leaves or wood, but you also have other types of fungus that basically grow on anything.

so for these mushrooms to survive they gonna have to be plants or animals around

Neat.

Long ago they were animated by a princess with white magic.
Legends say she was captured the King of the Dinosaurs
Some mushrooms undertake the mantle of Crusader, setting forth to rescue their ancestral princess.

Because i like realism, they would not look like fruiting bodys. Very alien, possibly infecting other creatures.

>ackchyually your walking talking magical sapient fungus creatures looking like fruiting bodies is totally unrealistic.

>Because I'm a pedantic faggot with no friends who's never played a single traditional game, they would not look like fruiting bodys. Very alien, possibly infecting other creatures.
Fixed for you, no thanks necessary

Mods are asleep post fungus

that from stellaris?