Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1885: Fluffy Bottomed Girls Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

reposting for the new thread, hoping to get some feedback on if I'm handling this correctly and if anything stands out from this point

Should mention that this is a WIP

>fluffy bottomed girls
Does it count if clothes help? Like bloomers?

Interesting. So what are you doing for locations? Just going to give the example Arcem realm, or some plausible OC realms, or what?

Just finished reading the link you gave to the pdf on the IRC. Gotta say I'm hyped, Digger!

Gauntlet, if you're here I've got a Heroic Mortals question.

Is resources in addition to the wealth a heroic mortal would normally have or do we need to buy it just to have any initial income at all? Also considering the resources a Heroic Mortal should have isn't it a bit meager for the cost? They aren't exalts but Heroic Mortals generally have some wealth.

Depends on how the curse is transmitted I guess.

Probably EX from the normal level

Well, it depends on the perk but it should probably let you work with things that do still have a number.

Welcome back Val.

So Val, I saw how Mugen had that giant screen to view everything like in the item section, did she make that herself?

If so is it possible we ourselves could do it if we were a Yog fragment?

Also is it just me or is Mugen crazy?

Does the Hunting Horror scale to our power like the Deus Machina? I wanna go fast.

>plausible OC realms

...man, don't tempt me.

I was just gonna do Arcem but if you give me an inch of OC space I'll go a mile. Might do it vaguely like Hero BBS with Arcem as a baseline/starting point but with other worlds along the same lines(being weird fantasy settings that wouldn't be out of place as a D&D non-FR setting book)

No idea if she made it or not but if you were the full god, you could probably make something like that.

She's pretty nuts.

Nah, it's only 100.

Mmmk.

Afraid of that, I just glanced at a few panels and she seems like the type of being OG Demonbane would have fought against, doesn't help that she ripped Al Azifs soul out and held it hostage, going by the random panel I landed on.

Ah that sucks, I loved the Hunting Horror in Demonbane and having it as my personal ride in the future would have been great.

Forgot to say it, but thanks Val.

She's....ultimately fighting for good or at least restoring the multiverse to how it used to be.

Anytime user

>Supernatural powers that do not work by warping space and time specifically will still affect you as normal
>even if they are altering or warping specific aspects of space or time.
What do you mean by this? So something like reality warping to manipulate space and time will still work if it's more general instead of being specifically limited to space and time?

So how strong is Demonbane Yog-Sothoth compared to og Lovecraft? In Lovecraft he encompassed and transcended all concepts as the Supreme Archetype, with everything from quarks to the strongest outer gods being infinitely small facets of him. With the exception of Azathoth obviously. Apparently Nya mentions the concept of Archetypes in Demonbane, but is the rest of that true? And is the stuff about Yog being roughly on par with Elder God Demonbane true?

Alright, that sounds like it would work. Well, cool. Godbound is a neat game, I'm looking forward to this jump.

Someone throwing a fireball at you will still hurt, even thought that's technically a part of space or whatever.

EGD apparently was unable to defeat/kill Yog, so I imagine it's mostly true yes.

>She's....ultimately fighting for good or at least restoring the multiverse to how it used to be.

"The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few" is her belief is it?

One user asked a question last thread I believe, if we pick a fragment as a god do we obtain that god's true form or are we allowed to choose still?

I mean like...it's literally the entire multiverse and every life in it in return for one girl becoming Azathoth.

You get that god's true form but the higher level fragments can probably change what their true form looks like.

Why does DYN Freaks refer to entities like Outer Gods and Azathoth as Evil Gods? Did the writer just completely misunderstand the themes of Lovecraft, or are they all way more malevolent and interested in humanity than in the Cthulhu Mythos besides Yog Sothoth? Would Vortex Buster qualify as an Evil God, due to the whole omnicide thing and being stronk enough to kill every other god?

>I mean like...it's literally the entire multiverse and every life in it in return for one girl becoming Azathoth.

Well I can understand that, but from what few panels I saw she was such a dick about everything, she seemed to like tormenting others and causing alot of pain along the way.

It's more like "the existence of everyone outweighs the suffering of some."

I don't know why you keep making up this shit about Yog-Sothoth. Nothing you just said is true. Yog-Sothoth has dominion over space and time, but that doesn't mean that he's the embodiment of reality with everything just being a facet of him. He is the gate and the key to the higher dimensions in which the many-angled ones live, and this gives him great power and transcendence of time and space. It does not make him the "Supreme Archetype" that everything is just a tinier part of. You're either making this up or getting your information from a non-canon reinterpretation of the Mythos.

It's mostly just the way Asylum talks about them in universe.

Also yes, totally. Demonbane is both a more optimistic universe and a more actively malevolent one. And given how many really important things are on Earth, people are generally drawn to it.

>You get that god's true form but the higher level fragments can probably change what their true form looks like.
Alright cool, thanks again Val.

Oh yeah, she's just a dick that likes screwing with people.

Most Outer Gods are kinda evil, user. I mean, Nyarly, Shub and Yog are a bunch of assholes and those are the ones that get summoned the most.

>It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self--not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep--the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as YOG-SOTHOTH, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign--yet in a flash the Carter-facet realized how slight and fractional all these conceptions are.

????

Huh, since we are talking of Mugen again, mind asking something I put on the other thread? If we take the scenario, but we keep jumping, would Mugen recognize us and Azathoth's fragment? Would that make easier for her to accept companioning?

Mmm, yeah, why not. She probably would be a lot more interested in befriending you.

>Yog or Shub evil
Not really? The only one of the Outer Gods that are malevolent are Nya, who consistently fucks with lesser life forms for no reason besides pleasure. Yog helps humans as much as he accidentally fucks them over. And I don't recall Shub having much of a 'personality' or whatever you would call it.

Well, at least he is in Demonbane:
>It's the All-in-One
>It's the One-in-All
>"Not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep-- the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike
>It is frozen Present
>It is flowing Past
>It is the Gate
>It is the Key
>It is....
>It is....
>It is----
>Just as the unimaginable enormity of its existence is about to annihilate our sanity, the thing shifts its form into a symbol that our puny human brains can understand. The infinite spheres all fly rapidly to the same point in the sky, where they are swallowed up by the Void. They are like countless shining rainbows, vanishing into nothingness. But just when I think that they've all disappeared, a seven-colored explosion suddenly fills the sky with otherworldly light.

>And then the thing takes form, manifesting as a vast, titanic surface floating in the heavens. It is----

>"----A gate."

>The Gate to Hell. The Gate to Another World. It is the god that is the Gate, in all its accursed majesty.
>With a thunderous creaking thats ounds like a chorus of the damned, the Gate slowly swings open. And beyond it lies......something that I can't really understand. It's a vision of utter Chaos, where everything floats through insane, twisted angles.

>"Yog-Sothoth......The Opener of the Way, who exists at all points in Time and Space."
>"He connects this World to the Outer Universe where dwell the Great Old Ones. A true Outer God...... An Outer God"
Thanks for the answer

So is she all that is left of old Yog or is she just a very advanced fragment?

Just wondering why you're putting on a limit for Time Miracles and Gifts. Is it a setting specific thing? It's just that at this point we've got a dozens of options for time manipulation, ranging from speeding it up, to freely traveling through it, to literally embodying the space-time continuum and being able to warp it at will. So it's not a thing that needs to be restricted solely on principle.

It's never made clear. Originally she was just a girl with a fragment but it's entirely possible she's become the full thing, given how she interacts pretty equally with Nyarlathotep.

>Rapestate user becomes Yog-Sothoth
What have we done

Shhh! I didn't want anyone to bring that thought up. Now I cannot stop thinking about what they would do.

>Now I cannot stop thinking about what they would do.

>raping infinite iterations of everyone across all of space and time in infinite universes simultaneously for all eternity

W-wouldn't they technically be doing it to themselves?

>"Yog-Sothoth......The Opener of the Way, who exists at all points in Time and Space."
Yeah, like that guy said. He exists at every point in time and space. He isn't every point in time and space and everything that occupies all those points.

Yes, and? That's just him transcending space and time, the thing I said. He's everywhere and everywhen, but that's not the same thing ans being everything.

>"It's not rape, it's just advanced masturbation!"

>"Not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep-- the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike"
I can cherry pick too you know.

Eh, some of the gifts are...easily abusable without needing to do much imagining

Prophetic Insight

Commit Effort for the day. Make a prophecy about a particular event involving a person present. It will come to pass if it is not completely improbable. If it directly involves an unwilling worthy foe, they can make a Spirit save to disrupt the effect. Events that immediately involve more than a hundred people cannot be so ordained, nor can a person’s inevitable death or great ruin be foretold unless they count as a lesser foe. Even then, they are allowed a Spirit saving throw.

Reweave Time

Commit Effort for the day and choose an event in the area which has taken place in the last hour. You may reweave the past to produce a different outcome to the event, provided the outcome you ordain is possible. Such reweaving cannot kill or resurrect creatures, cannot restore Committed Effort, and must be restricted to an event of no more than 15 minutes duration. A hostile worthy foe involved in the events may make a Spirit saving throw to foil the reweaving.

I need to translate them over a bit but I'm never fully comfortable with the idea of giving out paradox/consequence free time travel ordained by a CP purchase, so. Excuse me on that

Let's break this down.

>Not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum
Yog-Sothoth is not bound to a single universe.

>allied to the animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep
Yog-sothoth is similar to, but is not, the essence of all existence.

>the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike
Yog-Sothoth is limitless in scope. It is impossible to imagine or to mathematically model.

None of those things mean that everything within all universes is him.

The world of men and of the gods of men is merely an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing—the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate, where ’Umr at-Tawil dictates dreams to the Ancient Ones. Though men hail it as reality and brand thoughts of its many-dimensioned original as unreality, it is in truth the very opposite.

You're technically right. Everything isn't part of Yog-Sothoth, it's technically part of one of his apsect's, an infinitely tiny piece of the whole entity.

Then at least come up with some better fluff instead of some half-assed explanation that should also render the rest of the system unreliable. Aslo, it's canon and part of the game. Seems pretty arrogant of you to assume you're better at balancing the setting than the devs.

Should I use the darkness?

Yes, that and the color pink are the only true powers.

Who the fuck is Aslo

Why pink?

Would it be possible to get more than three words? Either through a cp purchase or effort in setting?

The first one seems no worse than any fate controlling power. The second is technically exploitable, but only if you assume "provided the outcome your ordain is possible" to mean literally anything that could have happened no matter how unlikely. But surely the developers of the game didn't intend that interpretation, because then you could run around declaring that your enemies all wasted all their power performing miracles for you a few minutes before you met them.

That's not saying that reality is part of Umr at-Tawil, it's saying that the higher-dimensional realms that Umr at-Tawil guards entry to are where reality originates. Yog-Sothoth is the boundary between reality and the home of the many-angled ones, by definition he can't be reality itself because he exists outside it.

I think there's something to that effect...I'm actually fairly certain while you might not be able to bond extra Words by vanilla, you can get their gifts/abilities

Yes.

Just make sure to not fall for the waifu meme.

And to add to that
>The archetypes, throbbed the waves, are the people of the ultimate abyss—formless, ineffable, and guessed at only by rare dreamers on the low-dimensioned worlds. Chief among such was this informing BEING itself . . . which indeed was Carter’s own archetype. The glutless zeal of Carter and all his forbears for forbidden cosmic secrets was a natural result of derivation from the SUPREME ARCHETYPE. On every world all great wizards, all great thinkers, all great artists, are facets of IT.

This is all from Through the Gates of the Silver Key, if you want a source.

So you're saying is that he isn't all of reality? Instead he's simply omniscient throughout all of space and time and has infinite reality warping powers which stretch across all of existence.

How would TATAKE be as a companion? I'm currently companionless by the time I've reached Ryuki, and we've become pretty good friends after the gauntlet finished up.

I need a minute to respond to this but I'm still not 100% sure how to handle it, my logic is that there are some things that don't work well

See, the reason that I'm hesitant is that "anything you ordain is possible" expands on that. I also kinda knew that this was gonna be a problem, it's always thorny to me

Yeah, you can bind new words with the effort of getting a few gifts I think, I just forgot since I'm in a bit of a tizzy.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to Kanzaki Shiro or Shinji. Both are pretty good companions - Kanzaki would be a good pick for a science-y type for weaponizing supernatural stuff, while Shinji is...mostly a lovable idiot with a lot of conviction. Some folks appreciate that sort of thing.

Also holy hell this Touhou write-up is long so far

Digger, we have Demonbane and Dies Irae, one is packed with conceptual bullshit and the ability to become hyperversal, and other offers the option for 700 CP. You are not going to surpass that. We also have Spiral energy, which I like very much and no one ever uses

>The world of men and of the gods of men is merely an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing—the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate, where ’Umr at-Tawil dictates dreams to the Ancient Ones.
The three dimensional phase of the wholeness that the First Gate leads to is the world of men. This wholeness is the place where Umr al-Tawil dictates dreams to the Ancient Ones. Neither the First Gate nor Umr are that three dimensional phase, nor any of the others.

Further, quoting the Dunwich Horror: " Only the least fraction was really matter in any sense we know. It was like its father—and most of it has gone back to him in some vague realm or dimension outside our material universe; some vague abyss out of which only the most accursed rites of human blasphemy could ever have called him for a moment on the hills.” This directly says that Yog-Sothoth (the mentioned father) is not normally inside our universe and was only summoned here temporarily.

It's impossible to know whether Lovecraft's version was all knowing, since he is only ever described by mortal minds that can't comprehend him in the first place. The above quote also proves that his powers are limited at least to the extent that he can't enter the material universe without rituals.

>spoiler

I also think Spiral Energy is cool. If potatoes ever happens, we should be friends.

>I need to translate them over a bit but I'm never fully comfortable with the idea of giving out paradox/consequence free time travel ordained by a CP purchase, so.
We have that one in Heroes, Jorge Joestar, Arrowverse and D.Y.N. Freaks
You are late for that party.

Eh. I'll consider it. Kind of annoyed at the argument but it's one of those things that came because of input from the initial readers

That doesn't stop him from being personally uncomfortable with it.

It's part of the setting and achievable by the PCs. There's not reason to bar it except inter-jump balance, and inter-jump balance certainly doesn't favor you in this regard.

I like spiral energy myself, just that I am not able to get myself fired up but for a few short moments at a time, so it would not work for long.

I was mostly thinking of Shinji. And I do have a soft spot for lovable idiots with lots of conviction.

Thanks for the response!

You are OK too user
If it's a setting breaking ability you can just give it a prohibitive price (from 800 to 1200 CP undiscounted) to reflect that. But directly not offering something that others might have in the setting due to inter-jump balance limitations that aren't being currently applied... Well, I think you can guess my opinion on the matter

Again, that doesn't meant the thing you're saying it means. Yeah, Yog-Sothoth exists in multiple timelines and universes, and his presence emanates out and resonates with/creates men like Carter who desire to pierce the boundary of Yog-Sothoth, and who become in part an aspect of him. But this is not the same as all things being a part of Yog-Sothoth. As an Outer God, reality is made up of his emanations, but also the emanations of the other Outer Gods. He's not all things. He might have an important role that means the other Outer Gods defer to him, but he's not literally everything. His emanations are the scientists, the holy men, the great artists, the scholars...everyone that seeks to transgress the border of the known and unknown that is Yog-Sothoth. He has a specific role, stop trying to spin him into being "Azathoth, but I don't have to win a really hard scenario to have his power".

I suppose my issue comes from the fact that ol' Yoggy is outright stated to be coterminous with space and time. Meaning that he exists within and alongside both of those concepts. Even if we assume that he is limited to them (which I think is hilariously stupid considering that he's one of the most powerful Outer Gods, all of whom view human conceptualizations of existence, including the idea of a space-time continuum, with contemptuous amusement) the problem is, how would you define the term "reality?" Because most definitions could likely fall under "space-time." Without space and time, you have no reality. The physical universe and causality breaks down. Everything stops and ceases to exist. So in that regard it could be said that even if Yog-Sothoth were restricted only to space-time (which I still think is ridiculous) then he could still be said to "be" reality in a conventional sense. Without him and the things he's intertwined with and embodies the standard perception of reality could not exist. Nothing could exist.

Even if everything you say were true, there's a difference between being the concepts of space and time, whose death will remove those concepts and destroy reality, and actually being reality itself.

Yes, he's very important to the functioning of reality as we understand it (given that other Outer Gods existed before him, it's likely that space and time are not actually required in Lovecraft's cosmology and some other factor gives order to the higher realms). But being a critical part of something is not the same as being every part of that thing. A book can not exist without paper, but that doesn't mean that the paper is the words written on it.

user, it doesn't matter. Yog-Sothoth is clearly as powerful at least as EGD and superior to Nyarly in Demonbane. You can twist words as much as you want, but you won't change that fact.

Yeah, I'm just always a lil sour and contrarian when I get said "Do this thing" and then decide it's just one line to add if it'll make things less of a problem, and then having to defend that thing because of a completely different set of standards. It's just a pain.

Does "Bringing the Brigade" in the Haruhi jump result in 5 separate companions, or are they all in one slot?

I was never trying to change that fact. I wasn't challenging the assertion that he's incredibly powerful, I was challenging the assertion that his power extended to literally everything because he was all reality and so he should totally get to do anything he wants and not be limited to his domains of space and time and borders, you guys, stop trying to nerf this thing that's what I say it is even though every piece of evidence I've supplied to support my argument has actually supported the exact opposite, and please don't notice that I'm now resorting to straw man tactics after having it shown that I lack the reading comprehension skills to read Lovecraft's work.

Have you ever made or done something similar to pic related?

No one ever said he wasn't, user. They said that he wasn't all of reality.

I once made "I can easily believe it's not butter". It came in a little tub like margarine but if you opened it up it was actually just full of iron filings. Very hard to confuse it for butter.

I'm not? Don't be a dick user, I've never once tried to argue that Yog is as strong as Azathoth. The lolbeyondyourcomprehension of Demonbane and Lovecraft means that Yog-Sothoth could easily be everything, but simultaneously weaker than Azathoth.

Did you include instructions?

That's reasonable. I'll accept that.

Of course. I've got "I can't believe it's not beef", "I can't believe it's not chicken", "I can't believe it's not tuna", "I can't believe it's not cheese", "I can't believe it's not pork", "I can't believe it's not long pork", and whatever else you want, I probably got.

The whole 'allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence' and 'the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate' doesn't support the opposite you retard. The first quote could easily be read as Yog-Sothoth being bound to Azathoth, given that he IS the animating essence of existence. And the second could easily be read as all of dimensional space being part of a tiny avatar of Yog-Sothoth. Stop treating your own interpretations of Lovecraft's flowery prose as objectively true.

This is simple English. "wholeness reached by the First Gate" does not imply that the wholeness and the First Gate are the same thing.

I have in fact filled a sealed tub of delicious muffins in the shape of eyes and labeled "I can't believe it's not Yog-Sothoth". It was actually filled with Nya, who then proceeded to devour the one who opened it and any around.

Do you have to be a God? Could you just come in without that stuff?

>The first quote could easily be read as Yog-Sothoth being bound to Azathoth, given that he IS the animating essence of existence.
Sure. What's that got to do with Yog-Sothoth being all things? Lots of things are bound to Azathoth, that means nothing.

>And the second could easily be read as all of dimensional space being part of a tiny avatar of Yog-Sothoth.
No, that one definitely doesn't, because Yog-Sothoth IS the Gate, and that's explicitly referred to as a separate thing from "that small wholeness".

I like to sell "I can't believe it's not Soylent!" to the especially poor in cyberpunk worlds.

It's actually really high quality meat, but no one ever catches on, because the type of person who knows what that tastes like wouldn't be caught dead eating the stuff.

Mortal Heroes will be made after this that'll let you be one of the mages or heroes of the setting

You could say no to it but the perks are going to be behavioral/skill things, and while some of the items might be nice they won't make up for that. Not to say that it's unsurvivable or anything otherwise, just saying that I don't get it

Sorry, bound probably wasn't the right word. It says 'allied', which implies that Yog-Sothoth is more comparable than simply bound like all other Outer Gods.

And if nothing else, Yog-Sothoth delineates the boundary between dimensional space and what lies beyond it, and that is only the First Gate, not even the Ultimate Gate, which is also a part of him.

Stupid question, but does taking Demi-Servant/Pseudo Servant in Grand Order give you a Master/Main Servant as part of the freebies or nah?

So, I am thinking of going Lower Case god in DI. Problem is I am going as Demonbane's pilot who is all for smiting evil and I have no idea which concept would be best to embody. Can you give me a hand?

It's just the idea of becoming a god that bothers me, personally. But I understand that the RPG is about being a Godbound. So no salt.

No, they won't give you those freebies though you will retain them if your origin gave them to you normally.

Er...I can't really user, sorry. I don't know you, your build or your likes. I really wouldn't know what to suggest aside from like, Justice or Light or something,