rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Thread Question: What are you looking forward to in the next release

>continuing the Beholder bs
Kys. Unironically

Daily reminder Warlock is the most thematically versatile class.

Force Grey spoiler

MATTHEW MERCER SUCCEEDED IN TPK'ING HIS PARTY INCLUDING MARISHA

AND THEN HE FUCKING RETCONNED IT

We don't know what the next release will be.

Info we've got:
- We're getting something involving Lantan.
- We're getting something involving Shadowfell.
- Eberron is still being worked on but its actual progress is unknown, it could still be years away.
- The Mystic/Psion is being looked at directly in the light of Dark Sun lore-wise.
- We will likely be getting four major book releases in 2018.

IT IS DONE

>killing a thing that gets you money

>implying Fighter isn't the most thematically versatile class

>playing in Forgotten Realms
>actually dying permanently after level 7 or so
???????????????

>Thread Question: What are you looking forward to in the next release
Anything but new subclasses, enough bloat for now

>AND THEN HE FUCKING RETCONNED IT
How afwul.

hmmmmmmmm

What beholder nonsense are you referring to, user??

I completely understand, its just a bummer since it is Tomb of Annihilation

To be fair he wasn't running meatgrinder and they destroyed the soul prison

Reminder that "gets you magic from a patron" is literally in the Wizard's fluff in the PHB. Meaning that Wizard can do all Warlock character ideas and all Wizard ones.

Besides Fighter and Rogue are the two most versatile, Druid and Paladin are the least.

>now that the wizards got all of their power creeped bloat, we can stop adding things to the game
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
WE'RE NOT STOPPING UNTIL WE GET THE BOOK OF WEEABOO FIGHTAN MAGIC 2.0

>be spooky lich man
>adventurers ruin your shit
>kill them
>leave the corpses and allow them to be rescued and rezzed
>but no one knows you raised them as undead, geas'd them, and re-killed to make the perfect sleeper agents

>yfw they never add any new BM maneuvers but instead add a new fighter subclass with flashy magicy maneuvers that are all at will

>ctrl+f patron
>nothing

Spent a good hour of this new game I joined, listening to players bitch about how Trump is racist for wanting to control America's southern border and how he should be impeached and how it was her turn. Time to find another group.

No matter what Arkhan wasn't gonna die cause he will probably be in Critical Role Season 2

weaboo fightan magic. no, seriously, Crusader was dope as fuck thematically and mechanically.

I'd like to see more support on how to combine mechanical progression with narrative progression maybe, as well as a solider character creation system.

The reverse is true, though. Everyone seems to think Warlocks make a pact with their patron and the only way they get magical powers is their demon lord whispering shit in their dreams or enchanting their body, but the fluff says that Warlocks are off GATHERING ARCANE KNOWLEDGE. They are casters who do research and improve their own spellcasting abilities.

What did he do to retcon it?

imo WotC fucked up Battle Master by not having maneuvers in tiers like Eldritch Invocations, so you start getting the best ones upfront and just get the shitty ones later on.

Spent a good horu of this new game I joined, listening to a player bitch about how Mexicans are taking all the jobs in rural Idaho and how we should kill all the non-whites so Jesus will come back. Hope he finds another group, or psychiatric help.

"You all woke up in a Cleric's Sanctum" after they died

They died and awoke an undetermined time later at a temple in Waterdeep with some NPC (priestess? rich bitch?) having mentioned how expensive it was to recover and raise them all and now they're in deep fucking debt.

>city has tons of Decanters of Endless Water for its water system
>employs several people who attune to these things and go into work for an eight hour shift of yelling "GEYSER" every six seconds

Whoa a nice hook for next season AND a reason to shoehorn his girlfriend in

Vomits

Would you play a Swords Bard with a Handcrossbow or Valor Bard with a Handcrossbow?

>Did you encounter a magical creature (...) that taught you magic?

Literally the entirety of the Warlocks fluff in once sentence. Also saying Warlocks are the most versatile is bullshit because they're literally the same as Clerics in that regard, they pick a great powerful thing and serve it, the only difference is Warlocks pick a Fey, Fiend or GOO while Clerics pick one of the 1000 fucking deities, many of which are also Fiend or GOO options like Asmodeus or Ilsensine.

My issue with Warlocks is that fluffwise in this edition it only seems to exist for people who didn't realise that Wizards and Sorcerers could have gotten their powers from someone directly. Also a lot of options work for Clerics.

I feel like Warlock's a great class mechanically, but the fluff is just limiting options for other classes without adding anything. Same as Ranger honestly, while I love Rangers they don't really have fluff like a Paladin or Druid where it gives them an identity.

I can think of worse ways to spend the tax payers money

I'm thinking of running a campaign where all the players are enslaved by a lich, and sent out to do his dirty work on pain of death.

The campaign will be a completely unfair meatgrinder, but if they die the lich can easily revive them with wish!clone abuse.

I want the players to be the Scratch and Grounder to his Robotnik basically.

>ye olde D&D setting
>using tax money to improve the lives of the citizenry in literally any way
My manor doesn't have nearly enough gilded throw pillows yet. Let them eat rats.

Does it have to be attuned?

>not making an all-orc campaign where the party is under the command of a Duke who greatly wishes to usurp the throne of the kingdom but is constantly foiled by several bouncing bears

Yeah, but higher level invocations are shit like Jump or Levitate at will with no components, not just knocking something large or smaller prone.

>while I love Rangers they don't really have fluff like a Paladin or Druid where it gives them an identity.
Didn't Rangers used to have actual lodges and hunting parties and so on? Like it was an actual order the same way Druids are an order? What the fuck happened to that stuff?

If we were making a system where martials were allowed to have fun and be useful out of combat I assume we'd improve maneuvers to a point where you could do wuxia flight and shit.

>not building a prosperous city
>not making the most powerful nation in the setting
>not having the people love you

If player character are not kill they can just get back up at a maximum of 10 hours. 8 long rest to regain hit dice if they have none and 2 for the short rest to roll the hit dice. Great for making them start in a battlefield.

Dont mess with my childhood like that man.

I'm not the one that said warlocks are versatile, but he probably meant the Eldritch Invocations allows warlocks to be versatile. Once you're a Cleric, you can't do shit that isn't on your domain's features, while a warlock can pick different invocations along the way.

You want to know a really good game that had an invocation-style list for most of the classes?

pathfinder

They are very mechanically versatile compared to Clerics (fact that Clerics can swap their entire spell list on a long rest not being factored in here).

But he said
>thematically versatile class

I want two types of adventures, either an intrigue campaign based around a kingdom/government ruled devils and devil worshippers, or a full-blown war against the demons abyss invasion (which side is invading is irrelevant) with plenty of army fights. I could also absolutely do with a mega-dungeon, as I feel we are sorely lacking in that classic genre of D&D.

What I don't want to see for a while is new subclasses/spells, we have enough to tide us over for now. Some more backgrounds would be nice though.

So : If you use Lore Mastery to change Magic Missiles damage type does all the damage get Doubled if you pick the right type?

Where the general? make a new thread!

The adoration of the masses doesn't improve productivity. I'll take a thousand miserable workers half-assing it over a hundred excited, motivated go-getters who love their jobs. We'll be more prosperous if we concentrate the wealth in the hands of a few and control the fickle masses through propaganda and marrying their livelihoods to what is essentially slave labor. Why pay those slobs a working wage when we can trick them into working hard for peanuts? When they look at all the homeless bums we've created in the street, they'll be so thankful to us to even have jobs that they'll defend our busted system against anyone who challenges it. And if by some anti-miracle they ever wise up, welp, we're so rich from all this exploitation that we replaced the proles with golems. Golems with swords who can kick their asses.

It usually says if it needs to be or not after the rarity level. According to your pic, no it does not need to be attuned. Enjoy your infinite waterskin/flood in a bottle.

>Besides Fighter and Rogue are the two most versatile, Druid and Paladin are the least.

Druid would be more flexible if they started interpreting it as a blanket for all primal magicians including shamans, witch-doctors and so on.

There was some cute old fluff that rangers would gather in one place every now and then, set up a really big camp and have competitions and shit.

Why the fuck would the damage get doubled unless you were striking a creature with Vulnerability to that damage type? Why even ask if that's the case, given that you could have a creature who's Vulnerable to Force?

To basically do this with Defensive Flourish.

The whole of the Ranger identity is summed up in the Outlander background. Aragorn, the most famous idea of a ranger, wasn't even a ranger by 5e. He was a noble background fighter.

If you're simple the versatility is amazing sure, but compared to the shear number of spells Wizards know and the fact Clerics and Druid can swap all their spells each day... Well Warlock's more versatile mechanically then martials and Sorcerers I guess.

Fact of the matter is there's so many invocation taxes and worthless ones that most Warlocks will have roughly the same invocations until high levels.

Eh I don't mind that Druid isn't flexible. Some classes like Fighter, Wizard and Rogue are really broad and some are more specific. That's cool, would be better if they explained how the Druidic Circles actually work to people though, because I doubt most people read the old books for fluff.

man it'd be nice if more campaigns had shit like the Odyssey's games, maybe an annual gathering of the best Fighters or some shit to get together, get crunk and see who can win the magic item through fair matches of skill and wit

If you think this game accommodates doing things like that gif, I think you will be disappointed.

Perkins was describing Sigil for the Wafflecrew in Ep69, where the antagonist was a mercykiller with ... buddies. Maybe we'll be getting Planescape in the future.

He's playing a full caster, the DM will let him do whatever he wants.

Kys

It's okay, you can be gay even without being a sword bard.

>gay
But that's not gay, it's a reverse trap.

>DMing a game
>First encounter is just a bunch of skeletons, they are all level 5
>Blowing 3rd level spells
Cant wait for the inevitable bitchfest when I dont let them LR after every fight

I wanna play DnD not listen to whiny sjws bitch about politics when all their arguments run on muh fee fees.

The keyword is basically user. No one is actually going to deflect bullets with their swords unless a DM flavors the high AC that way.

Kiss yourself? I don't think I can? I guess anything is possible I try hard enough though.

I don't understand how that action is homosexual in any way.

shota tabaxi healers

>Aragorn, the most famous idea of a ranger, wasn't even a ranger by 5e. He was a noble background fighter.

Well, he could talk to animals, did amazing things with herbs and his tracking skills were basically magical. But LotR isn't a setting where flashy magic is common like D&D.

>no /5eg/ in the subject
>now is up
Great

>I actually played this

>he could talk to animals
Talking to animals isn't even a ranger class feature, how is that related? Anyway, so can a forest gnome of any class.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Migrate again. 25% of living with both parent.

>Talking to animals isn't even a ranger class feature, how is that related?

It's a ranger spell and part of the revised ranger's features.

Actually it is with Revised Ranger, and they have spells specifically for that.

LotR is a completely different style of fantasy to D&D, but if you wanted to recreate him in D&D style he would be a Ranger.

Which do you prefer, having a ranger in the party or getting lost everywhere?

Am I imagining things, or didn't the DMG have guidelines on how to play a low-magic campaign or something?
I found the table of starting gear for different tiers, and how that differs from different magic-level settings.

Throw in a few levels of paladin maybe.

"The hands of a king are the hands of a healer" and all that.

Getting lost and seeing the wonders of the world your DM created is part of the charm of the game

They're married now, user. Had the ceremony happen like 3 weeks ago and they then went on honeymoon to... Indonesia I think.

>revised ranger
>unpublished materials
>having any more validity than any other homebrew
o i am laffin

>he doesn't have a party member with the Outlander background and the Survival skill, as well as someone else with Keen Mind

>Keen Mind
Feats aren't allowed

>Feats aren't allowed

how'd you do it, im thinking about it myself here

sounds like a nice way to fail the party forward.

>level 10+ PCs
>In debt for longer than three seconds

Are there any advantages for running a melee ranger? Is ranged always the most optimal build?

So the part got a hold of some pretty ancient divine artifacts and stowed them away in a tower guarded by some wizards they knew. Unfortunately, that artifact was being sought after by a Lich that the party doesn't even know existed. When they came back to the tower, they saw the remains of a fledgling battle between some known NPCs and undead servants. They were told the artifacts were taken by some man who wandered southward with more undead.

That being said, the party has begun making their way towards the Lich's presumed lair. They do not know he is a Lich. The Lich knows they are coming but knows nothing of their capabilities or reasoning for making their way towards his place. What would be a reasonable response on his end? They look like they have quite a bit of gear but he is unsure on their capabilities. Would he not risk it? Would he consider having a conversation with them due to the fact that they do not realize he can not really be killed?

Was this disappointing for the viewers.

Good luck not knowing that you are magically lost.

>the soul thing was destroyed

at that point, fuck it, retcon a TPK. the main purpose was complete.

Ranged is always optimal for every class except barbarian

and monk

Eldritch Knight, Cavalier and Champion are probably also better in melee.

>what is sun soul

Champ fighter really has no reason to be ranged over melee. Expanded crit range just makes GWF+GWM better and better.
>inb4 boring and doesn't count

not optimal is what it is

But see, Monk, EK, Cav, and Champ aren't optimal. Check and mate :^)

Champ is extremely competitive in combat, though, and EK is actually breddy gud now that it has green flame blade-type spells.

And Rangers can figure that out how?

The Swashbuckler Aarakocra Rogue in my group loves this weapon! Maybe you guys might like it too?