Government Mages and Alchemists, hoping to find a weapon to win the war...

Government Mages and Alchemists, hoping to find a weapon to win the war, prepare a great experiment to split the Mana particle.

What happens?

NOTHING GOOD.

Mana spirits appear, beat the shit out of the researchers, put the particle back together and disappear.

They create an anti-magic sphere.

Mana bomb I guess?

An army of sexy lustfull female daemons breach through a portal and enslave the entire world

They manage it, producing a source of nearly endless energy, however anybody who uses it is unknowingly selling their immortal souls to a being most foul.

They now must hatch a conspiracy to wipe out Mana Reactors post-war to prevent the damnation of all mankind.

Now THAT is a fucking campaign.

Mana propagates in waves ya git there's no particle to split

If the book I read back in middle school is accurate it's filled with an infinite number of soul-eating spooky ghosts.

>split the Mana particle

It blows up their country and makes the Mournland from Eberron

>implying mana doesnt have particle wave duality

Mathematics as applied to spells would be recalculated, and casters would be able to use their mana by .5 instead of a whole point.

Or, y’know, just give everyone double mana but make everything cost twice as much if you have to keep whole numbers.

>casters would be able to use their mana by .5 instead of a whole point.

That could unlock some efficient, but very low-power spells which cost fractions of mana-points.

That.
Too bad the timeline stops in 1998.

A singularity instantly destroys every soul in a 1000-mile radius. The surrounding countries meet in a conference to decide how the empty land will be divvied up--or, alternatively, they engage in an every-man-for-himself scramble over the piles of soulless, slowly-starving bodies.

They discover that every mana particle in existence is actually the same particle and by destroying it they've just caused all magic to go poof.

A lot of flying towers fell out the sky that day, never forgetti.

Spontaneously transmutes everything within 2 kilometers into bees.

the God of Magic is angered and kills them

other side wins war

AN OVER ABUNDANCE OF BEES?

Atomic bomb that only works on objects that have some kind of magical affinity. Researchers dub it the "Ethereal Bomb" as it only works on living organisms that have some kind of magical reflection in the ethereal world.

After the initial explosion the blast area is saturated in a peculiar magic that causes spells to go haywire and malfuction, and poisons magically capable animals.

The weapon is a perfect bomb as it destroys magic organisms and structures but everything else is unaffected. The Conglomerate of Kingdoms scrambles to legislate against the new weapon before more are developed after a research-mage with a guilty conscience leaks the project data to the world

Okay, if mana is a particle, are anti-magic spheres caused by an anti-mana particle, or by a mana hole?

Vandole gets back on his bullshit and I gotta go get my sword fixed and find a chick who's cool with autodendrophilia.

Chain reaction annihilates the Merlin-Gandalf field, negating the entire fundamental force across the universe in a bubble expanding from Ground Zero at lightspeed.

This is why wizards have no powers anymore.

Out of them two options alone, Mana Hole. As one wouldn't be able to practice magic using anti-magic particles. In the same way one cannot contain anti-matter using matter.

If I can choose my own option itt'd be a Zero-Point Mana Field, where the faster than C elimination of +λ/-λ charged sub-mana particles generates a kind of excess mana force that pushes away standard mana particles.

>What happens?

That makes sense, given this treatise on the mana field, where it talks about manipulating the field.

Magic. The divine gift, or As some of the preachier types like to say “Gods sendoff to Humanity.”

Splitting it undoes a microcosm of what was put into creating magic, but like a lot of bad ideas it only gets worse as time goes on.

Splitting the mana particle opens a gateway to hell. Not sure which one ‘cause the planes of hell are technically infinite but it’s full of piss, vinegar and chitinous devourers.

It’s a chain reaction too. The portal just keeps getting bigger every day. More critters pour out. Some have the faces of family members, others are so grotesque as to resemble nothing upon earth.

A more philosophical soul would ask why such creatures would appear from a ‘gift’ from God, but me? I just want to keep my men alive a little longer and win the next battle.

I’m no wizard. No thaumaturge. I’m another piece of fodder holding the line while the eggheads back home figure out how to put the mana particle back together.

Idiots. Can’t close Pandora’s box now. I miss blue skies though. I miss the stars and happiness and joy. I miss you.

The closer we get to these portals the more of my men who go feral. Our resident egg-head said ‘like calls to like.’

Then I punched him right in his shit talking jaw. These men died or worse defending him and his ilk and he says they are no better than demons? Pfah.

Pastor was right for once. Maybe when this is all said and done with we can figure out what to do with the leftover mana splitters. Literal hell raisers. I’m outta time sweet cheeks, sorry this rant wasn’t touchy feet but I had to vent. Can’t do it to the men, so you’re it.

All love,

- Cpl Mark Benoit

MY FRENCH DRESSER FULL OF BEES SHOULD PUT A STOP TOTHIS

Basically, you'd have the Calamity from the game Bastion:

A covert group of magitechnicians create a doomsday weapon that ends up cracking the world to pieces.

Chemist truly is the greatest profession.

Every other person wearing a wizards robe is crazy and potentially dangerous.

A chemist though? I almost expect it of them.

Everything turned out better than expected when, cracking and groaning, reality split apart at the center of the experiment, forming a pathway to the as-yet undiscovered Elemental Plane of Free Energy and Hot Babes. Armistice was reached within the year.

Mana is a particle that already gives up it's energies freely under the right circumstances. Moreover, the composition of such does not possess the necessary parts to chain such an effect, otherwise the likes of a fire spell might ignite the cosmos.

What happens is the researchers record a small *pop*, like the breath of a tiny and crude point of explosion magic.

They create roundworld.

Everyone for up t 10 miles around turned into an elf. This raised a lot of questions with the existing elves and their so called history.

Metzen pls

They forgot the Felborne and the Void Elves

Both halves are full particles. Reality changes so this was always the case. All mages and magical devices in the universe explode when their mana reserves instantly double.

It's up-to-date as of Legion. BfA ain't out yet

Wait night elves are confirmed related to trolls? I thought that was just fan theory. Seems kind of dumb.

Is it magic Gundams? I want magic Gundams.

Is the Magic Field a scalar field? Or a vector field?

Or maybe a Tenser field.

No Garrosh don't nuke Theramore