Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1887: Practical Impracticalities Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>...Plus, wouldn't we be restricted to our own multiverses until the end?
This is true, except for a Veeky Forums thread for talking to each other about adventures and waifus.

This. This is the best possible outcome.

Yes. But you're still consigning trillions+ people to the hellscape of Tera's ideals. Or Mommy's. Or whomever the Creep-of-the-week is. Tell me, do you feel like a hero yet?

How many of you look great while old?

And that's only if he sends people who are still here and just have weird fetishes.

Imagine someone actually unstable being sent.

Well, it seems like we reached to an agreement in the matter.

Heavens used to be one in a chain. I am eternally teasing him because he is a cat trap.

One should always bully cat traps.

Oh no. I don't assume they're an asshole murderer. I just assume that being an alternate is no excuse for preferential treatment, and I don't trust myself worth shit.

Bitch, I look fabulous.

Nigga, I'm a lawyer. There's no heroism here.

You mean you actually age?

That Karna image actually made them look good, as I can't help but think the regular male version is pretty bad. Maybe it is the way the armor is drawn?

How many of you even let yourselves get old instead of remaining whippersnappers and jailbait?

>Getting old
I look exactly as old as I want too. And I want to look fabulous.

What are some houserules you use in your chain, either for your convenience as a writer, to inconvenience your jumper, or to make for a better narrative?

Then no jumpchain for you.
Well, you can have a 1-way ticket to Twilight. Full CP and everything. I didn't even burn all of it to ashes.

I can store sapient items in the warehouse if I buy them.

I can use the Return button once every ten jumps.

In jumps that don't have a companion import, or the import is retardedly complex, I can just pay three hundred and import all eight.

If I had a century's worth of martial arts practice + instincts shoved into my head, could I make it through Bloodborne's Nightmare mode with fists alone?

>I can store sapient items in the warehouse if I buy them

Is this not allowed normally?

I completely remove all non-canon powers from jumps I do.

I took 1300CP worth of chain-length drawbacks from the Universal Drawback Supplement. Plus the occasional extra jump-only Drawback or two.

Being a jumper is shared between active companions, at every jump who the main character is is either randomly chosen or selected at a 100 cp surcharge.

>Meanwhile, in the real Jumpthread...

"OH HOLY SHIT
THIS IS GOING NOT AT ALL LIKE WHAT I WROTE"

"user, aren't you the guy who took pokeglot?
You deserve it."

So were you born with no soul or did you have to trade it away in order to pass the bar?

If a setting has a power that more than a few people have I don't have to pay cp for it. It makes no sense to do otherwise.

>pic
What's this?

I don't always grow old. But when I do, I look good. Stay thirsty my waifus.

Guy who took Pokeglot here. Not at all disappointed in my purchase. It's better than being a literal autist or being an Aura fuccboi

Your kind will be culled first.

Companions use the same death rules as the jumper (they die they get send to their home universe). Infinite respawns are stupid.

You can't have more than 8 companions at a time. If you want to recruit a 9th one of the others has to go home.
No dozens of inactive companions hanging around. Companions aren't collectibles.

Items have no fiat backing. If it breaks you have to repair it yourself or it stays broken.
If it gets stolen you better get it back before your time is up or it stays gone.

You can't hide in the warehouse for 10 years or run away from the general action. If you do you get send home at the end.

So Hero BBS, only for Jumpers?

I still have my soul, I guess. I mean, I have done a lot of good and bad things.

Just not the type of guy that can say that killing is good even if you kill an asshole or a villain, they're still people.

Yes.

I thought I'd be culled first. I don't really do anything.

Me IRL

It's actually one of the sloots from one of the chink Kancolle knockoffs. Specifically USS Washington. And I'm salty about it because she's so much cooler than her sister ship. Which is a shame because Best Girl

Holy shit, a lawyer with a heart. It's like I'm staring at a unicorn.

>aura fuccboi

What do people have against Aura? Is it just the Lucario hype?

>reading about demonbane
This shit about infinite multiverses all the way up and down and right and left and fucking klein bottles is melting my brain. I need sleep.

Ugh, I bet you're a forcefag too huh?

So what do you Jumpers do to respect wamen?

Out of curiosity has someone made a fem!Arjuna?

>It's better than being a literal autist or being an Aura fuccboi
Not to say you can't take Pokeglot if you want, but in a first jump any of the other capstones is better at helping you survive.

Not to mention that Pokeglot is easily replaced by getting a psychic pokemon to translate for you.
Or using Aura to translate, because that's something Aura can do in canon. Pokeglot is objectively a trap option.

>Tell me, do you feel like a hero yet?
Well, I mean, as long as their souls aren't destroyed I should be able to save them at some point down the line.

If there's no option to buy someone companion status, I just pay 50 for mundanes, 100 for in-setting middlings, and 200 for anyone who doesn't fit in the below categories.

Still have to convince them though.

Infinite Fedora Works, summons a fedora on the head of all men in the vicinity and forces them to tip it at any wymyn they meet.

What, like star wars? Nah.

So why hasn't someone made jump if everyone loves boat sluts?

Obviously not your pic. In general, just treating them like any other sapient entity.

What is a wamen, and how do I respect it?

Yes, that is what I said.

Partially that, but also I have a profound irrational dislike for the vast majority of any aura/Ki/life energy/whatever. Because reasons.

Because Psychic a shit. And Aura is for fuccbois as previously stated.

Yo
>Justice has no image for Old Justice, so take this joke image instead.

Different chains have different rules.
Justice Chain, for example, has it so that the Benefactor will sometimes toss Justice into an 'off' version of canon, one where things are different than normal.

Specifically to fuck with his expectations of series he knows and likes.

>Well, I mean, as long as their souls aren't destroyed I should be able to save them at some point down the line.
Just because you save them afterwards doesn't mean you're not responsible for their suffering.

I let them make sandwiches anywhere they want.

>What is a wamen
Wham-men, a hypothetical plural of Whamu

More importantly, how much dedotated wam for a server?

Damn the ugly ass shoop.

This is a wamen.

Looking it over, I actually like the Pokemon jump a lot. It has a lot of variety for builds and is pretty flexible regarding origins. It's easily accessible and makes for a good writing prompt.

Swears furiously after running out of budget for Champ in the Making

Crow doesn't become an Elder God.

And a small handful of others, yes.

Reversed?

I'm happy with it as it is. Also those Gods only have any real role as Gods in the end of 2 of the routes, with 3 of them not being Gods otherwise.

No warehouse. Jumps sometimes last less than ten years to keep the plot ball rolling fast. The jumper doesn't get to make every choice in the build and is sometimes not even allowed to see some of the choices that has been made. Companions have death treated for them the same as I do. Items don't respawn unless it's specifically part of what they dod. Think those are the main ones I usually go with.

Zootopia fan meets Judy Hopps (2017, colorized)

Just use creative mode fampai, the best thing sb ever invented!

It's technically possible to beat the first werewolf/beast you encounter to death with your bare hands without a lick of tact or skill. Just dodging and pummeling. I could see it working out, potentially. It'd be stupid hard though.

How much money have you donated to charity lately?

How are you liking making/writing a chain so far, Val?

So you're just being a little bitch? That's fine man, everyone is titled to their opinions I suppose.

There is a jump for OG boatsluts. And as far as I can tell, all the knockoffs (Pacific, Warship Girls which is where Wash up there is from, Victory Belles, Azur Lane, I'm sure there are others) really lack anything to make them distinct enough to put in the effort. They're basically KC but with OC ships, which can easily be head cannoned in as appearances for those lacking a KC example.

I guess you could make a Belated Battleships jump though, that might be cool?

>How much money have you donated to charity lately?

Are you still around user Heart? I was wondering about this part of Void
> If one wishes to find you, they must seek you out by the clues you leave of your existence.
What exactly are those clues of your existence? Does that mean the only way they would be able to find me would by seeing me move something, for example?

It's soooo much fun. I'm not even done with the first jump but I'm having a tonne of fun just planning out a plot to go through. Making a body mod was something I spent like, 30 mins on and for once I did that thing some people do where they just put little blurbs under each option which made even the boring stuff fun.

Already thinking way ahead for where I could go once I finish my first jump, even if I am really slow.

Not giving to charity is a very different thing from unleashing some of the thread psychos with superpowers on even one world, let alone a multiverse.
There's a difference between not saving everyone and actively making things worse for the lulz.

If you can't see that you're clearly not hero material.

According to my receipts $974.32

Hey Val, if you become a Yog-Sothoth expy, are you as strong as the one in the main Demonbane series or nah?

Could you answer Also would anything happen if I combine my ST with Crow's ST in DYN Freaks?

Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks for answering them the best you can.

My point is that if you care about alleviating suffering then judging people in this thread on this site about not being a perfect saint in their escapist fantasies is one of the dumbest and least productive things you could do.

I respect them by treating them in the same manner I do the other half of mortal kind.

Their blood all tastes the same anyway.

....god, I'd pay to see that.

>Just because you save them afterwards doesn't mean you're not responsible for their suffering.
That's what time travel is for.

That aside...yes, it is generally better to avoid inflicting suffering than to try and heal it afterwards.
Hey Val, you recall what Real of the World, the knight-arm, does?

I usually ignore the "you can only have eight companions active at one time" rule. I'll also occasionally end a Jump early if there's not much to do after the plot has wrapped up.

I also sometimes do a "Rogue Gallery" type of thing where OC enemies from previous Jumps pop up. Mostly because I don't want to take Batman the Animated Series so early in the chain.

I'm not judging peoples escapist fantasies.
I'm just saying i wouldn't enable them if i had the option.

Don't know about looking great, but I still look pretty good, at least.

Every jump, I have to face off with the Light of Destruction in someway. Either some minion of it, a cult dedicated to it, or the Light itself. The whole chain is themed around hunting it down and destroying it for good.

By treating them like everyone else.

You would be after a few years.

user who answered you there has the right of it. It just personalises the power, not gives you a transformation.

It'd get a lot stronger for one. A lot.

Anytime.

I...can't recall if it's just fanon or not but I believe it's power was replicating any event that had happened in natural history, such as the moon slamming into the earth?

Neither, you fucking idiot. How the fuck are you even interpreting it that way.

No drawback limits. Fuck that shit, let me make myself suffer more.

>That's what time travel is for.
Do you really want to spend your time cleaning up after someone like Bancho?
Even if you have infinite amounts of it? Because i sure wouldn't.

Yeah, I remember back when I first wrote about it I did a summation paragraph at the end of every build mentioning why I chose everything. Now I'm rolling with the "jumper knows nothing about the chain", which is good fun too, but it doesn't quite engage the mechanics the same way actually being conscious of the decisions does.

Sorry. I needed to read the previous thread.

Fun fact: "hey Val" has been written over 500 times already. I honestly thought it's been more, considering how often I see it.

>Just because you save them afterwards doesn't mean you're not responsible for their suffering.

He isn't, just because you have power to destroy or save doesn't mean you're obligated to use it in those ways. Of course, if you hail yourself a hero that changes, but until now you have been simply forcing your one-way opinions as facts.

That's evil, because you want to take the free will from your equals just to make yourself feel better.

Shit mate. I have a heart, just that my priorities are a little different.

I keep Discounts based off Race

So if I was an Elf in one jump I consider myself an elf in all jumps for the purpose of discounts

The only exception is if the race is dramatically different like I wouldn't count being an Orc in Forgotten Realms as allowing for Ork discounts in Warhammer

Yeah, I usually do that in my chains too but thought that it'd been years since I did like, an actual chain with me as in myself going on one.

Huh.

Thank you for that fun fact, user. Do you have any more fun facts?

Can the shining trapezohedron be broken and if so what would the results be if I was to powder and snort it?

Fun Fact: Facts are oppressive and insensitive to the transreal

With Great God Transformation, are you stealing the power, or do they still have access to it?

D.Y.N. Freaks
> Age: 21 [Rolled6]
> Location: School
> Origins: Asylum [+100CP]
> Mad Scholar [-100CP]
> Dr Cpt [Get a Freebie!]
> The Mysterious Colour [-100CP]
> The Science of Mysticism [-300CP]
> D Phone [Get a Freebie!]
> Clockwerk Phantom [-300CP]
> Fragments -
> + Hounds of Tindalos [-400CP]
> Yog So-Thot [+100CP]

[...]
> Buds 4-Eva [8-Bit Theater]
> The Power of Friendship! Or what counts for it in this world anyway. Your allies might hate one another, make constant attempts on each other's lives and pride, continually sabotage their plans, hopes, and dreams, but for whatever reason they‟ll manage to find excuses to keep hanging around each other.
This is the most important perk in my entire chain holy shit you guys you don't even

So! My jump consisted of this: Hanging out in the Asylum base and at school, laughing evilly, asking people to take part in my experiments, taking blood and hair samples without permission, and declaring various lovecraftian horrors to be "fascinating!" while taking copious notes and readings from various devices that I would construct specifically for this purpose.
I did not fight. I did, however, assist in some degree by sharing my notes (guised in a deluge of purple prose and technobabble -- which I have perks for!) and creating various devices to assist people, mostly in the lieu of detection, protection, or healing, passive things like that.

I also kept asking if people wanted to see my collection of colour swatches -- which was code for "samples I picked up from horrible things".
All in all, a pretty fun jump! Though, I found it strange how none of my companions ever thought to ask if I'd taken a drawback...?

Oh! And, as for the Clockwerk, I mostly just studied it. I'm thinking I'm going to cram it into my Death Egg, turn it into a lovecraftian computer system. I mean, I almost never drive mechs anyway, but just imagine, I might be able to turn this thing into the next Star Dream!

Are there any other perks similar to Zero from Medaka Box?

So in Symphogear, I want to fuse Prometheus and the Nemean Hide. What would I get with that?

Possibly. Something crazy I bet.

They'd still have access.

Read the beginning of the argument at the end of the last thread.
This isn't about Spiderman style "with great power comes great responsibility" of a jumper having to save everyone.
This is specifically about sending other people on jumpchains when you know they'll cause suffering, making you directly responsible.

Whatever it takes.