Roman orcs

>Roman orcs

>Roma orcs
more plausible

Oh, another shitpost frog thread. Same one as the last one, in fact.

How about we use this thread for something more productive:
ELF SLAVE WAT DO?

stop spamming these

cleaning, gardening, laundry. shopping. usual chores and busywork. fuck away from cooking tho thats my job

That's... actually not a bad idea
huh

Sorry, Elf Slave Wat Do is not acceptable on Veeky Forums while /pol/ threads are.

I know, because i checked.

>Roman catholic orcs

>They're Muslim but they call themselves Rum anyway.

>Protestant elves

>they're some slavs at the arse end of the old imperial borders but they call themselves Roumania anyway

>Stonehell Roman hobgoblins

Woah user you might be spamming that

Obviously don't call them "romans", but totally doable.

Obviously everyone in the roman empire wasn't as educated as even the dumbest normal person today, so MAYBE, if you introduce public education into the empire early, they will be able to get to that level.

Understanding rudimentary geography, mathematics, language, science, and history. It doesn't have to be elven or dwarven levels of complexity, really just human level.

have them value strength, valor, discipline, and loyalty, as well as personal and social growth through hard merit and grit.

Obviously trade in all the bullshit patchwork furs and jagged metal accoutrements, for full-plate (They don't necessarily have to have tunica segmenta)
And you have yourself a horde that finally organized itself.

The crazy thing is they can still be distinctly orcish based on Not wasting time with frou frou shit, but be disciplined and hard. Have leisure time, but even it could be like, an hour in the schedule, with half of the day being physical training. Any type of training makes them happiest.

By comparison human populations are much more frilly and concerned with entertainment rather than organizing and having ironclad government.

Then you could take elves and have them be the barbarians.

I really like this idea now... Just have everything with orcs be brute force. Higher education isn't something they are good at, they are just so damn disciplined that they FORCE themselves to learn and be creative until they can say I'm smart, or skilled. Even though they are physically adept, they put tons of energy towards being the absolute best they can be.

Add in outlook that everyone is just being wasteful and that their stoic strength is the best for the world, and you have an empire that is readily able and willing to annex everyone else's shit.

Especially if you make it so that all children from orcs become orcs. Now they have no problem taking over other humanoid territories outside of logistics.

Isn't that just the non-Skyrim Orcs in the TES series?

Also, TES sort of implies it as the backstory of their greenskins. All the races overthrew the frogs and lived in peace with a Roman look, then an Orc got visions of war and the entire race sperged into being Germans while suddenly furries appeared and killed the fuck out of the Rome expy which resulted in an Elf civil war, human post-Roman European expies, pissed off mummies, and Dwarfs hiding from everyone.

Excuse me user, but who the fuck cares.

the elf slave probably does

>Islam is a religion that famously teaches a doctrine of warfare against all other religions, (financial) subjugation of the monotheistic religions and extermination/conversion of all others
Sounds like a perfect fit for the orcs.

>Protestant Christianity is a branch of Christianity that is somewhat critical of the clerical establishment, values a more personal relationship with God but sacrifices doctrinal integrity in doing so
Sounds like a perfect fit for elves, who in D&D tend to be Chaotic Good.

>Roman Catholocism is a more rigid branch of Christianity, putting emphasis on a strict hierarchy of priests, supplementing it with Graeco-Roman philosophy and valueing doctrinal integrity
So... what fantasy race would that fit?

*Catholicism
why do I keep spelling it wrong?
Also Eastern Orthodox and Jews, help me out here.

I think Dwarves could fit both Eastern Orthodoxy and Jews.

>Eastern Orthodoxy - bunch of Patriarchs, Icons, Russian
>Fits Dwarves well.
>Also Monasteries brewing alcohol would do well with Dwarves

>Jews
>Golems, Scrolls, Weird language that sounds like you're choking, mosaic law
>Commandments on tablets
>Ark covered in Jewels and carved Cherubim and the like
>Dwarves fit this well too

Catholicism is hard though. Honestly I would just go with humans.

That's a rhetorical question, right? It's obviously dwarves.
>strict hierarchy of priests
>dwarfs are lawful
>Graeco-Roman philosophy
>dwarves play well with stoicism
>valuing doctrinal integrity
>dwarves leik runes
By the way, I came up with this ages ago so if you use this in a campaign you'd better be sure to cite me, Anonymous
Eastern Orthodox is pretty close to Catholic for a TRPG. I feel like the biggest difference is aesthetic, there.
The Jew/dwarf comparison is frankly so overdone and on the nose (pun intended) by this point that I didn't bother including it except for a wrinkle of theology about (lack of) belief in the afterlife that I got from a class about the development of the Old Testament. I used that to inform some cultural fears and outline some heretical groups.
Maybe Jews as Tieflings could be compelling:
>popular perception of a "curse:" see tales of the Wandering Jew
>oy vey, eternally persecuted for ancestral crimes/appearance
but I'm not really in love with the idea. I try to make my setting's cultures at least somewhat resistant to real-world stereotypes when I can. It doesn't work, but I try.

Hobbits are Catholics. Real Catholics. The ones that get drunk and don't go to church but talk out their ass ask the time.

Yeah, they always roam and pillage

And have lots and lots of kids.

Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
-Revelations 16:13

>All Catholics are Irish
They're just Catholic Britain. Come at me paddies.

>Pepe is now considered a hate symbol of the radical right, hence an impure spirit
>It came out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast and the false prophet
Who are these three figures then? We're onto some serious shit right here.

Italian Catholics have lots of babies too
but you're right anyway

>OH I'Z A ROMAN KATHOLIK, AN 'AVE BIN SINCE AFORE I WAS BORN
>AN DA WUN FING DEY SAY 'BOUT KATHOLIKZ IZ DEY TAKE YOU SOON AS YER WARM
>YER DON'T GOTS TA GET A BIG SHOOTA
>YER DON'T GOTS TA HAVE ANY PRIDE
>YER DON'T GOTS TA 'AVE ANY GUBBINZ
>YER A KATHOLIK DA MOMENT DAD DIED

>Mouth of the Dragon
Veeky Forums.

>The Beast
/pol/ is literally the fucking devil so that counts.

>false prophet
Original artist was a Spaniard. Spaniards are Catholic. Catholicism is a heresy of the true Orthodox Church.

There you go, I've supplied your tinfoil for the day.

>Dark Elf is Orthodox
I'm sticking with this until proven wrong.

/pol/ is part of Veeky Forums, I don't think it would count as a separate entity than Veeky Forums.

Implying you aren't just a lewdfag that makes shit threads so mods won't notice that you are trying to make lewdthreads.

Gas all lewdfags

One of them is the hacker named Veeky Forums, I suspect. Another is Sam Hyde, maybe?

Dumb frogposter.

>Eastern Orthodox is pretty close to Catholic for a TRPG. I feel like the biggest difference is aesthetic, there.
For a TTRPG, A E S T H E T I C S are pretty important.
I think the wizardlike Orthodox priests are a better fit for dwarves than the staff and mitre Catholic priests. That just looks wrong on a dwarf for some reason.

Interesting Idea. I would do it as follows.
Have your standart "Barbaric but "Noble" Warrior Culture Orks", since they only respect strength, they see up to anyone who is really fucking mighty and strong. So, after the fall of the Empire, some Ork Chief has the Idea to mimic the Old Empire, settling on their Territorys and Citys without really knowing, what they are doing. (Kinda like the Vistrogoths when they sacked Rome, made quarrys out of the therms and bathhouse, because they didn't know what they were there for, fucking plebs.) Also, have them impersonating the Legions, somewhat scrappy made copies of their Armors. I guess, it would be fair to give them a bit more discipline, and actually using some of their tactics, ranks and formations, but without any clue how to make the civic stuff work. So, in short more or less like pic related.

That doesn't sound entirely implausible. A warrior culture would seek any and all advantages over their enemies and they'd probably be pragmatic enough to adapt whatever works, even if it means copying their enemy wholesale. They could end up a far less refined copy of the not!Romans of the setting, copying and perfecting their equipment and strategy, stagnating their bureaucracy and entirely neglecting the fine arts and philosophy. Their thoughts about the nature of man and the world around him perhaps wouldn't extend past "I CHOPPA, DEREFORE I IZ".

What, 'cause dwarves aren't known for being ornate?
I just sort of mixed the aesthetics really, so it's a bit like Byzantine Catholics.

Tieflings are surely congregationists, with the idea of being born full of sin and the only way to reach heaven is being an asshole to everyone and get as rich as you can (at the expense of others)

>made quarrys out of the therms and bathhouse, because they didn't know what they were there for

Nothing of value was lost

They were anything but hygienic.

>Dwarves - Jews
Obvious
>High Elves - Catholic
Most smug religion
>Dark Elves - Orthodox
Same as Catholicism except more focused on Love
>Humans - Calvinism/Lutheranism
More practical version of Elven religion
>Orcs - Evangelical
Most savage version of Christianity with an emphasis on leadership