If you could drop a 1000 tactical space marines (chapter/legion up to you) into a setting...

If you could drop a 1000 tactical space marines (chapter/legion up to you) into a setting, which setting would you drop them in?

in their own fucking containment setting where they belong

On top of the enemy.

Orwell's 1984. (Read the whole thing, decided halfway through it desperately needed purging.)

World of darkness

I’m not quite sure a 1000 marines could take an antediluvian.

Game of Thrones.

Pride and Prejudice

Arrakis

1000 ultra marines verses CoC, who will win?

Probably the only setting where the Imperium of Man would be an improvement.

Yep, my train of thought exactly.

Age of Sigmar

Real life.

Faerun, specifically the Sword Coast. Let's see how all those 1st level adventurers try and deal with it.

Would certainly make the Reckoning a bit more interesting.
>dropping in a Chapter
>implying the best use of the world isn't having your Rogue Trader group stumble across it and manipulate the war to their own financial gains - bonus points if you change just enough that it takes them awhile to realize what world they've stumbled onto

Ehhhhhh.....

It woulnd’t work.

The book mentions Floating Fortresses, which are probably exactly as their names say, giant floating fortresses like a seaborne Maginot Line. The party was also so deeply in control that they were in the process of removing the human sex drive altogether and more importantly as presented in the book, the three-way-war between seems to be a deliberate and conscious stalemate created artificially between the three powers to ensure a constant state of war that allows for the oppressive regimes to operate uncontested. Any force that would promote a real change is going to get dogpiled hard.

Mmm, true, since the Imperial force in this case is tac marines only they'd be at a distinct disadvantage in heavy equipment.

If the three-way really is negotiated between the regimes, though, the Imperials would still have an advantage in knowing how to fight to *win*. Honestly, I don't think the book gives enough tech specs to work out exactly how it would go. (Then there's all the variables as to the Marines' arrival and subsequent choices... ) I guess it's at least true that it wouldn't be an Imperium-stomp.

They already did that nigger

1000 Post Heresy Emperor's Children into FATAL

Ha

You’d probably lose your sight looking at that mess

Setlik III

40k. They need all the Space Marines they can get.

Why do people believe the State's propaganda in 1984? There's plenty of evidence that literally the entire state of the world as they describe it is a lie.

I've been toying with the idea of writing a collection of Crusade Era short stories detailing an Expeditionary Fleet taking on random worlds, like Avatar (both Last Airbender and the Cameron film), Song of Ice and Fire, etc.
Haven't gotten around to it since I can't decide on a Legion.

Alpha legion or thousand sons.

The rest would likely kill, pillage, and rape (the order depends on the chapter) any world.

The AL or TS would likely study the worlds they end up in.

The White House

I was actually leaning towards 1kSons.
Thanks, user!

What if they were AL?

Alpha Legion could probably do it.

They took a world with a dude.

Furcadia

>1000 World Eaters land in Airstrip One
>Immediately attack all 3 ministry buildings, kill everyone
>Oceania has always claimed skulls for the skull throne

Unironically this.

Holy fuck that book needed a good firestorm bolter and chainswords.

Same user who suggested 1984 here... I don't normally read stuff with Chaos protagonists, but I think I'd actually read that.