Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1888: Jumper God Of Calamity Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>Jumper God Of Calamity Edition
HeavensAnon Edition more like...

Is Ravenloft really that bad?

So I'm officially depressed after being forced to watch a documentary about an island full of Albatrosses that keep dying from eating too much garbage, so how about this:

Jumpers, how do you save the environment?

Please no genocide, my heart's still recovering.

I create a completely unintelligent creature that can eat anything to serve as a replacement for less ethical sources of meat while also reducing the trash problem.

That's how you end up with a Bio-meat: Nectar type of situation

We have too many moons for that, though.

Shhhhhh, he might try it.

Ravenloft as a Jump or Ravenloft as a place?

The second one, it just seems like a somewhat depressing D&D setting that goes to great effort in tormenting a few assholes who in most cases deserve it.

Jump when?

A lot of ways. Alternative energy sources are an obvious one. Given that I like to expand civilizations out into space, solar power satellites and He-3 fusion fuel are natural outgrowths of that. Once you have cheap and clean energy sources, you can do the sort of mass synthesis of nitrate and phosphate fertilizers needed for high-yield or even vertical farming patterns that enables you to cut down on the amount of arable land consumed for human use. Naturally, transportation infrastructure also needs to be improved to get that food to where it needs to go, but that's another thing you can solve with cheap energy supply. And finally, you need to recycle or at least sequester all that trash, which again benefits from cheap energy letting you do inefficient yet thorough methods like giant smelting furnaces.

If it is completely unintelligent then you would need an assembly line to feed it food and harvest it. There would be no risk of out of control monsters.

Infect everything with nanobots and have an A.I manage the ecosystem. Same thing as what happens in the film Transcendence.

Yes, that is exactly right. Do it. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

For waste, I've got a few systems.
One is modified bacteria/virus/acid goop based system that very quickly breaks things down to their more basic compounds. I even made it so that this goop requires constant upkeep so that it become harmless if any leaks and is very difficult to use as a weapon.
Another system is Core Waste Disposal. It is as it sound. I dig down to the outer core of a planet and just use it as a dump sight. The depth, combined with special shielding and filters, makes it so no dangerous gasses escape.
My most advanced system is to use matter converts. At its simplest, it breaks down and separates all material into their raw elements.

So what Xianxia jumps do we have and what's being worked on? I know about coiling dragon, desolate era and generic, but is there any I've missed?

We also have World of Cultivation and Tales of Gods and Demons.

Well, you se-
>Please no genocide, my heart's still recovering.

But user, sometimes the only solution is to destroy humanity. Well, that or just kicking them off the planet.

Mostly that's just it.
Ravenloft is a place where 'low'-fantasy is stretched out and used to frame the human condition's worst examples of problems using and reusing tropes invinted back in the day. It's supposed to be bad, in point of fact that's how it got it's other name "Plane of Misery". Though I will say it's just a normal Prime Material for most of the common folks, not necessarily so for practitioners of 'dark' type magics/skills as that shit is very stringently punished via the Dark Powers various means.
To be frank the entire place is a prison of very elaborate make, it can be argued that it's perhaps too elaborate. Prisons are not usually made to be either simple to escape from nor good to live in, the normies are 'necessary casualties' in the eyes of most of the Dark Powers.

>destroy humanity

C'mon, they're trying their best.

I'm not that user, but if it's just the consistency of the unpleasantness that makes it so horrible, is it comparable to somewhere like Deadman Wonderland or Berserk?

If I could survive in those places, would I be fine in Ravenloft?

The problem with garbage disposal is getting people to use it instead of just dumping their shit wherever or throwing it in the nearest river.

We already have pretty good recycling and garbage disposal methods (in the first world at least), but that doesn't help if people still dump their trash on the nearest forest road because they're too lazy/cheap to dispose of it properly.

My solution is simple: Matter converters and actually paying people for their garbage to incentivize them to dispose of it properly.
With matter conversion it's just another resource, so paying for it isn't a problem.
Also high fines for improper garbage dumping.

Take out china and boom, Pollution will drop like a rock

Anno 2070 and Zootopia are both great for environmental restoration and green tech.

Move humanity to self sufficient interstelllar city ships and leave robots behind to clean up the environment.

The WALL-E approach

Magitech energy, no need for pollution. Plastic is consumed by plastic daemons for subsistence.

When is the last time you Jumpers got crazy with power?

Shut up Gaia, you know you're tsundere for your children.

Imagine Berserk with less rape I guess, and with the monster levels inbetween what they are now and what they were in the band of the hawk days.

I prefer getting crazy with powder.

The people that go crazy with power don't think they are crazy. They think it is perfectly fine and normal to order people to make hundred foot statues of them, receive virgin sacrifices for deflowering, demand complete obedience from the whole world and so on.

Pop that baby powder hun

>I'm not that user, but if it's just the consistency of the unpleasantness that makes it so horrible
As far as I can tell, yes.

> is it comparable to somewhere like Deadman Wonderland or Berserk?
As in an omnipresent feeling that the background is being manipulated to be grimdark? Then yes.

>If I could survive in those places, would I be fine in Ravenloft?
If you can survive Ravenloft is an odd question.

As has said it's 'power level' is pretty wide, the bad guys going from a regular baron/baroness who are immune to poisons to the setting itself being a massive dick to heroes (fated to burn bright but at both ends) and villains (never get what they want even as they grow in power and ability which just digs them a deeper hole). So, it works kind of like Beserk, (which has it's entire world's causality tied to the heart of evil if I remember right) yeah.

Of the two iterations of humanity I have encountered, I shall only judge the second.

They are not the sole responsible party for the death of their world, and some among them tried to avert it, this is true. But the mere fact that they lived upon the surface, made the death of the Planet inevitable.

But even with their planet dead, humanity proper dead, their children refused to vacate the corpse of their world. If they would do such, and allow it to rest in peace, there would be no great issue. Instead, they squabble among themselves, warring over the scraps left behind by their forebears. So the hands of the Planets will arrive and attempt to scour Gaia's corpse of humanity's spawn.

I doubt they'll succeed.

Of course, other iterations of humanity should not be judged by the nature of another, many of which are much, much more sustainable.

The assumptions of Primates are always so...delightful. For as you may know, Gaia is dead, the Princess given up her name and the Crimson Moon reborn!

....and no, just because I stopped that Alchemist from killing you all doesn't meant I like you damned apes.

Wait....I think there's something wrong with that...

Their best is an idiot.

They aren't trying their best. They are ignoring it so that it becomes their children's problem because they are mostly short sighted ass holes.

Where can I get some perks to always have time to spent with those that I care for?

>So the hands of the Planets will arrive and attempt to scour Gaia's corpse of humanity's spawn.
Don't tell me you buy into that nonsense. The Ultimate Ones are clearly coming to destroy the threat humanity poses, not as some sort of vengeance or righteousness. There isn't a single planet left that liked Gaia after she invented humanity. Humans are a rapidly-expansionist species purpose-designed to kill planetary spirits, Gaia was obviously planning on starting some shit. That she was the first victim of her bio-weapon is just poetic justice. No, the Ultimate Ones got sent to Earth to make sure the infection didn't spread.

Too bad the other planets didn't think to make their spawn immune to human dick.

>human dick.
In virtually every setting with aliens or fantasy raes there are men to boldly come where no man has come before.

>Humans are a rapidly-expansionist species purpose-designed to kill planetary spirits, Gaia was obviously planning on starting some shit.
>Humans are a WMD
I like this.

Do you like beating up main characters?

As one who had no role whatsoever in the death of Gaia, and who clearly has nothing to gain from a species developing the ability to travel between planets, I most certainly do believe in the righteous cause of my fellow Ultimate Ones in avenging our beloved sister-analogue.

Clearly.

Ugh, stop reminding me.

Make everything biodegradable.
By making all your tech biological.

One of the things I do is create a symbiotic gut bacteria that allows vertebrates - fish, birds, whales - to digest plastic. It has to be an anaerobic bacteria, otherwise it would attack the plastic people are still using.

More Love Love Operation from Girls und Panzer.

Depends how much of a dick they are.

>Depends how much of a dick they are.

When's the last time you had to slap their dicks for being uppity?

I'm a martial pacifist. I don't like beating up anyone.
I will if i have to but i don't enjoy it.

Of course! Doubly so if they thank me for the training / sparring session later.

Or they start complaining only to see me stomp a mudhole out of the very next baddie/opponent that we battle.

You'd be surprised how many MCs shut right the fuck up when they realize that the only reason why they aren't a greasy smear on a forgotten floor board somewhere is because their trainer told them that they wanted to see if they could beat the BBEG after some training.

With HEAVY implications that the trainer would just pick someone else at random if they otherwise failed.

And that they were doing this because they were too old for this shit. Even if they looked like a shota or loli.

>Not going crazy with power
>When you are pic related

What level of Xianxia cultivation do I need to be on to beat up Cthulhu?

Who is this arcueid woman and is she as insufferable as you seem to be potraying her?

>insufferable?
Maybe some times?
>as you seem to be potraying her?
Nah, shitposter is way more annoying.

Thats a tricky one, if cthulhu is planetary thread that I remember then you could do it pretty easy at some of the higher level cultivations. For example a level 8 in warlock in magus world (sadly no jump) could quite handily trounce cthulhu.

No, and I avoid protagonists as much as I can, given that my chain seems to have an unavoidable canon.
I may only be on my second jump, but I am not going to deal with whatever blowback may occur from being more than a background character.

Does anyone actually use the recent Val jumps in their chains?

Nah, I keep them around as museum pieces.

How long has it been since you've experienced human contact, user?

I'm a completionist, so I use every jump that I don't vastly dislike. And given that I have like 830~ jumped jumps right now, her latest jumps put me in a good path to finally end that chain. I will probably wait for the rest of the high-powered jumps to end it, though.

I'm thinking of opening with Demonbane and just cruising through other stuff for ages to create a very particular story about how the Jumper became boring and actually had the Chain shut off from them by Jump-Chain.

We don't have a Demonbane jump, user.

>Offers nigh-unlimited power
>To a random guy who uses Veeky Forums
>Calls them boring after picking that

I hang copies of them on my wall.

I actually jumped medaka box as a two part single jump last night merging her new veraion and tovams. Sure it seems a bit power wanky, she adds a lot of high power options, but rhen again I am one of those jumpers who never actually uses all their powers anyway. Im a lazy person and what does it matter that I can make somethings stats 1000 times better? Im just going to sell it in the shop anyway for giggles.

No but Valeria has the claim if I recall correctly.

Them's the rules of JumpChain.

I might jump into one of 'em later, but I need more power to even survive initial insertion, from what chatter I've read. Maybe at Jump 50 or so.

>Not using them as your college assignments

It’s not a prison for the people that live there or the stuff that goes bump in the night. Its a prison for the likes of Lord Sloth and other Dark Lords. They’re constantly getting tormented in their own personal hell. Only Lord Sloth was ever able to pull free.

The normies and monsters that dwell there are just play things for the Dark Lords, they’re part of the entrapment. As most if not all the Dark Lords want are people to rule over and make their lives miserable so the Dark Lord can have a moment of relief in their own personal torment.

>Them's the rules of JumpChain.
There is also a jump about running a restaurant or keeping a regular jump. If the Benefactor had any concept of 'entertainment', it certainly is pretty weird if they are offering such different things together and forcing you to go through them. Also, a bit weird that they would consider 'too much power' weird, when all of the end-jump scenarios need you to have high-power level to take on a cosmic battle.

>Go as Nameless Mist to Ravenloft
What happens?

The Lords of the Mist look at you and how boring you're being and decide to let you out because torturing you wouldn't even be fun.

Not all of them. DBZ, the original end-jump, literally just challenges you with esclation and can be defeated by giving your all, no matter when or what power level.

So that makes the normies and monsters like chains and such to the Dark Powers then? Things that help confine the Dark Lords, but not something that's irreplaceable enough to really care about.

Yeah, but the black backgrounds make printing them off and keeping them ready in a binder at the gaming table costly on the ink.

Going monsterous in Ravenloft and choosing Yog Sothoth's progenitor doesn't sound likely, though you could go as Yog himself as he is stated in 3.5 and has some fucking awesome powers.

>Also, a bit weird that they would consider 'too much power' weird, when all of the end-jump scenarios need you to have high-power level to take on a cosmic battle.
It isn't really the power it is the lack of conflict. Every plot needs a goal and an obstacle to reaching that goal. Obstacles that are more difficult to overcome create interesting and satisfying stories when they are overcome and teach readers how to better overcome such obstacles in the future. If you have a lot of power then you can still have interesting stories as your goals and obstacles increase in scope. This only works to a certain point however as eventually no challenge is interesting. e.g when jumper can just wave their hand, drop a von neumann A.I probe to just fix all their problems in a setting without further effort.

Pretty sure they mean use DYN to become the Nameless Mist and then go to Ravenloft.

Got any good disease immunity perks?

I think there's one for Generic Horror Movie that covers a lot of the normal ones?

Wait, that's actually valid?

Nothing interesting. You try to use your great power to effect change and get nothing done. You try to fight the Dark Powers and you lose because they're omnipotent in-setting and by jump fiat.

You could probably fuck his day up in by reaching god or high god in coiling dragon. Hell hit paragon and you can just through him into something called chaotic space.

That's only if you go to through the escalation path. You could also focus on the characters, both the Jumper and companions.

If you cut a crystal gem with a weapon whos wounds cannot be healed, would they still be able to reform their bodies so long as you do not harm the gemstone?

Yog Sothoth can turn into a human via his powers so he counts towards the Monstrous option, he can also teleport without error anywhere in time or space as a move action and has a supernatural one-mile-ranged touch attack that kills a target unless they make a DC 79 fort save.

Hahahahahaha...it's good to know it came across as intended then.

But no, unless your name is Roa, Nrvnqsr Chaos, or some other Dead Apostle, she's quite pleasant, if somewhat childish at times.

Though, even towards them, it's less faux-high class arrogance, and more her continually trying to smash them into paste or slice them into ribbons and ignoring banter unless she's stalling for time.

I will have you know, that I am a completely different shit-poster than the one you're probably thinking of.

Otherwise your post is completely on-point.

They would likely get around it by just 'making a new limb' instead of 'healing wounds' magic is sometimes finiky like that.

Yeah that is the reason I was wondering. Since the "body" is just a hardlight projection and not actually a body the need to actually heal it was iffy.

False Life=Generic Universal Monster: Invulnerable to poison and disease.
Android=Lego: Immune to hostile biological agents.
Won The Genetic Lottery=The Division: Immune to every imaginable sickness and disease, no matter how powerful or supernatural. Not only that, but if you can extract some of your blood and have the right know-how, you could potentially synthesize a cure for any disease.
Immune=Horror Movie: Immunity to even the most virulent and dangerous diseases.
Too Raw=Bastion: Immune to poisons and diseases.
Monk=Dragonlance: Your mastery of your body has made you immune to diseases.
Immune=Prototype: Immune to almost every pathogen including Redlight virus.
Good Blood=Bloodborne: Your immune system is strong enough to fight off most diseases.
Uberhaimanen=Street Sharks: Diseases are a thing of the past, as shark's immune system purges any foreign bodies from itself.
Age of Fire'Firekeeper=Dark Souls 1: The flames will burn anything that attempts to invade your body beyond ash, whether it be abyssal corruption, virulent diseases, aggressive parasites, mortal blade and whatever else you can think of.
Blessing of Hygieia=Greek Myth: This has made you immune to all natural diseases and poisons and even to the worst of the supernatural.
Augmented=Star Trek TNG+DS9: Immune to disease/sickness. Blood removes fatal disease/toxins from others via blood transfusion.
Anomalous Physiology=SCP Foundation: You're completely immune to poison and disease.

Thank you kindly.

Is there anything else like Job Offer from Dresden Files which allows a being to empower you with a fraction of its power? Not exactly looking for stuff like the deal-making perk in Ghost Rider that allows you to transfer stuff, but more that which barely costs them anything.

There are also charisma and communication perks that eliminate social conflicts. There are also sanity and mental health perks that eliminate inner conflicts.

It's incredible that this is actually allowed by Ravenloftanon as a valid way to use the perk.

And people say Val makes unbalanced jumps.

Im actually sure he said it was not valid last time he was asked about it. But I cant use the 4plebs.

>Implying super-charismatic characters are boring

I'm pretty sure it's just abuse of an older Jump to do what I outlined above, though it is a valid reading of the rules as written (In true D&D fashion).

Didn't know that old Yog's D&D form had been brought up before, was it something similar?

Any creature that can take human form is valid.

The Monstrous perk was added later actually.

Well I suppose they can be if the author is equally charismatic and is able to portray that realistically but that practically never happens.

Basically I am saying that Mary Sues are boring and jumpchain generally eventually turns you into a Mary Sue but already knew that.

>Blessing of Hygieia=Greek Myth: This has made you immune to all natural diseases and poisons and even to the worst of the supernatural.

Hm, something to note. Blessing of Hygieia only goes up to the equivalent of a kingdom-destroying curse.

Still pretty darn good.

Nah it was mire about how people were cheesing it for dragons becajse dragons can become humans.