theonyxpath.com/just-a-roll-of-the-dice-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Do genies exist in WoD?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does anyone have a link to the mega with all those novels posted a couple threads ago?

>Do genies exist in WoD?
Yes.

What would be the best CofD game for new players?

There is "Miracle" Dread Power if you want to make Genies and other wish granting entities as NPCs.
I think there was also an attempt to make Genie splat for oWoD.
Lastly, Changeling the Lost had few Kiths that fit into classical Genie look and I can recall malicious wish granting True Fae in Grimm Fears.

Mortals/Hunters

Mortals/hunters>everything else for new players

And besides mortals? Forsaken?

I would say Geist - less mythology, society, terms and general stuff to remember

The problem with Geist is, that it's still in Development and will probably include some drastic changes once it's released.
I'd rather start with a game that already has a 2nd Edition or at least an available manuscript.

Hold out for Changeling 2e then maybe? I would say changeling is easier to get into than the big three

Are they still abuse victims or has that been toned down?

What would be an acceptable amount of abuse survivor metaphor?

Making it the base for some, not all.

Well there is space for being troop in Otherworldly Wars, Survivor of Disasters, Victim of Oppression at work, and/or being literally treated like a pet or an object, etc.
Trauma is pretty universal to Changelings, sources can vary a lot.

How cute are your CofD PCs?

Here's my cutie Acanthus

Not as cute as the cute asian Mastigos character in my last game.

I have a nordic look former fighter pilot obrimos and a 8\10 thyrsus girl from eastern europe.
Obrimos is mostly demon fighter for hack n slash games, thyrsus is character in long campaign focused on discovering tunguska mystery.

What kind of creature is Elias in WoD?

In old WoD, Genies definitely appeared in "Lost Paths" and "Dark Ages: Mage".

They may have appeared in "Sea of Shadows" (wraith the oblivion book) as well.

They may have appeared in other books as well, but I do not know if there are any or which they are.

just based on that picture (because I have no clue who it is) I'd go with spirit or horror or maybe one of those true fae bastards

I'm a sad little Gangrel

anyone have anything for Cult of Set (VtR) magic/other stuff?

Don't want to convert mummy magic to vampire use, from first glance it looks thematically similar to what I'm imagining

I meant: Don't want to convert stuff if someone already did the work

OPP is running CtL 2e demo games at PAX today...

Tzimisce

The easy answer would be that he's a spirit of some kind. However, he seems more unique than that, so maybe he's one of the 'Old Gods of Thistle and Thorn' (i.e. one of the Gentry) who was simply robbed of his identity rather than being stuck in Arcadia and turned insane.

Based on what we've seen him do I'd probably use manifested True Fae stats for him.

True Fae aren't ephemeral tho?

I might be mixing things up, actually. Idk if that character is ephemeral or anything, Manifest and Materialize are just confusing... You meant Title as an Actor, didn't you?

I meant an Actor, yeah. I'm not really sure how many people here are familiar with that terminology though, /wodg/ seems to mostly be Vampire and Mage players.

can you not bring Hunters into this.

Hunters is one of the hardest games, because it streamlines fluff and mechanics.

Sure, you don't need many additional rules for the character's powers, but Hunters are also less driven by cheap motivation like hunger or mage-ness. Playing Hunters requires a lot of experience in relation to the genre and rpgs in general.

Mrgone has CtL 2E character sheets. If they're still correct, what's a 'Trigger'?

Why owod is better than chronicles?

Could someone post the Changeling preview?

Changeling breaking point, precisely what you think it means.

Would Genies be better as a form of Fae creature or Qashmallim?

Both. True Fae are the jerk Genies. They are obligated to grand wishes when they are at deaths door but love fucking people over.

I think I need to update the Giovanni, Lamia, Harbingers of Skulls, and Samedi into CofD. My players are building characters for a Geist game and I had a brief thought that it'd be cool to see them go up against the Giovanni and, eventually, their mad plan to establish Eternal Night and collapse the Shadowlands into the material world (or, translated into NWoD, collapse the real world into the Underworld).

Since then I keep coming back to the idea and it seems cooler every time I consider it. How would you guys feel about it if you turned up for a Geist game and a few sessions in it turned out the main bad guys are in fact a vampire clan from OWoD?

Pic only slightly related, just something that could easily be a Geist.

Depends on the splat.

My opinion.

Dark Age vampires > requiem and masquerade
I like both werewolves.
Sorcerers crusade > The awakening and he ascension
The lost > The dreaming
The vigil > The reckoning
The Fallen > The descent

No opinion about the rest.

>Dark Age vampires > requiem and masquerade
Whats the main difference between dark age and the modern masquerade?

It's fun and has an interesting setting.

Hello Tg i am running s forsaken game using Denver (the rockies) and im a using second edition.

So far the party massacre a pack of Pure who kidnap one of the pcs mom. So i am wanna introduce the idea of the packs enforncing the oath.

Can you guys give me justification beyond because a “particular interpretation of the oath says so” killing the pure is bad?

Should they face any hardship socially from the local forsaken?

IMO, less hassle about stuff like masquerade breaches, given that the masquerade doesn't exist as a concept yet.

Oh and Salubri and Tzimisce teaming up to tear some usurper shits to shreds.

You could say it's got the Pure up in arms, when things were mostly at a stalemate before. So the PCs would be responsible for kicking up conflict on top of breaking the Oath of the Moon.

Note that the Oath does not actually say you can't kill Pure. Not explicitly, anyway.

The line is "The People do not murder the People", and this is a translation of First Tongue which does NOT mean "Uratha do not murder Uratha." It refers to tribe or family. Additionally, the term 'murder' is specific - as in, murder not kill. As a result of this, different packs will have different ways of interpreting and enforcing this tenet. Some include the Pure under it, many don't. That said, certain packs are probably more likely to take issue with HOW another pack killed their werewolf enemies than whether they did so or not. For example, almost no packs would consider it a breach of the Oath to kill a Pure Uratha in the heat of battle (though there are those with extremely hardline beliefs), it's generally considered a real poor show to defeat your foe and then kill them while they're helpless and beaten. Similarly, a lot of packs would shun or even attack others for using silver, or murdering their enemies in a particularly underhanded or cruel manner.

So it went like this, they track them down to the pure territory. The pure was about to speak and then the Rahu (whose mom, was the one kidnapped) said that he attacked befofre the Pure openned his mouth.

He won initiative and got 20 successes. Instant kill.

The Elodoth said everything was kosher because “pc party goes first” and they had kidnapp the rahu mom.

So i am thinking how should the other packs react to that?

Depends on what the other local packs are like, really. I can see some not liking the fact that he didn't really even best the guy in any way - he didn't even out-stealth him, just cheapshotted him when he was about to talk.

At least, that's a very credible way for some packs to see this as a breach of the Oath.

>it's generally considered a real poor show to defeat your foe

How exactly do you “defeat”, non lethaly an Uratha? They regenerate all lethal in Gauru, even if you hit them into aggravated they dont get knock out.

They remain in Gauru until their time is out and either shift back or choose to enter death rage which if they are Pure wouldnt they preffer that instead of shifting back and mayber getting killed by forsaken? I mean from the way the Pure think of the forsaken.

Lorewise are vampires afraid of mages by chance?

>How exactly do you “defeat”, non lethaly an Uratha?

Uratha, even in gauru, can tell when they've clearly lost. Assuming the incredible amount of hurt they'd be taking doesn't send them into Death Rage, they can give up. It happens all the time when packmates end up fighting over something, or even when other packs fight each other. If a werewolf accepts defeat and you still kill them that's looked upon extremely poorly.

However, like you said, most Pure are unlikely to do that. Though there definitely must exist some that would rather lose a fight than lose their lives.

If you want Hellboy user to dump another story you could probably just ask for one. You don't have to be coy about it.

Why would they be afraid of something they know nothing about? They'd be as arrogant as the mages themselves until they get turned into a shit stained lawn chair.

It's me again, shilling my story. I'm up for questions now if anyone wants to ask, as a side note.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/

I would rather you not post your disgusting comics

According to 1E yeah. Elders warn their kin not to get involved with magic.

>I'm up for questions

Why don't you format your shit? Why are you so inept at writing? Why haven't you been banned for posting this shit all the fucking time?

1-Well, what the problems you see with my formatting?
2-Most likely, lack of experience.
3-Veeky Forums's moderators tend to be rather lax, overall.
Thank you for your questions!

Mages suck dick

Mostly autofelatio. As if anyone else would let them close their junk.

Vampires suck dick

On a scale of 1 to 10, how dangerous are changelings to tier 1 hunter?

banana

Depends hugely on the changeling in question. Changelings are some of the more vulnerable supernatural beings, though - you're much more likely to take one down with a burst of gunfire than you are a vampire or werewolf. On the other hand, some changelings will have contracts that make it almost impossible to engage them at all.

It's in my que to read after I wrap up a few things.

I heard someone say that Hunters are starter villains for Changelings. Don´t know if it was on here, so take it with a grain of salt.

lol

That requires a well above average mage.

I'm dying here

>this blatant, desperate samefagging

will the novel uploader ever come back :(

why shouldn't they fear demigods that could pull off what's described there

Spank me santa

Wow. You're such a genius.

Anyhow, what time do OPP upload Monday Meeting Notes at?

When you come to Los Angeles yo can suck my cock

Nobody wants the two incher, sorry.

I think we need another comic-drop, Hellboy user, the powerwankers seem especially triggered today.

Can you not

Maybe not hellboy thou I would enjoy some nice urban fantasy comic or something

it's eight and a half uncut. Nice big head, nice balls. How do you like that?

I love HB user but I don't think time is ripe yet.

Any of you play MtG? I decided that I should totally make Color Pie Courts and am trying to think of a city... Would Seattle be overstuffed?

In changeling one of my players is going to invoke the fifth dot clause of the shade and spirit contract- the one that allows people to enter the underworld.

I've never played or even read geist, do you guys have any suggestions on what I should include for the journey?

Well, firstly, what are they going down there for?

In any case I'd really, really recommend reading up a bit on the Underworld because there's a lot of pretty specific stuff down there.

I think it's best if he saves his energy until people are actually taking the bait. Anons are generally showing pretty good restraint right now, there's clearly just one guy trying to start an argument.

If we storytime it up every time this faggot shows himself, we'll run out of Hellboy stuff soon enough.

they're there to try to get out of a goblin vow, specifically one that saved someones life but left the person saved vegetative and inflicted permanent aggravated damage on the changeling.

The vow of the crystal coffin is what we've been calling it so it's going to involve looking for the person like in the Grimm fairy tale The Tailor

bless (you)

Well, Seattle's a major city, so -

>look it up
>704,352 residents

Fuck, is it me or are American cities tiny? I thought Seattle was supposed to be one of the big ones?

Reckoning < Vigil < Hunted

Mage is starting to feel more like a special snowflake thing than CtD

I mean it's big for the state it's in. population wise at least.

Really though some cities are absolutely fuck off huge in terms of both size and inhabitants like Houston Texas and Los Angeles California, because thanks to the magic of urban sprawl the city encompasses miles of residential areas

But is it a feminine penis?

For OMage yes, they fought a war with humanity in ancient days, got BTFO and now live in the umbra.

Yeah, I think very few people live in (or can afford to live in) Seattle proper. Just the outlying towns.

Okay, so, your players shouldn't have to go particularly deep then. The ghosts of those recently lost to the world are located closer to the 'surface' in the Underworld, in the Autochthonous Depths. The tunnels in this area are more 'human' than those below - rather than looking like caves, the narrow, labyrinthine paths of this level often appear to echo the cultures of the world above. It could bear a resemblance to the London Underground system, for example, or resemble a grand, mazelike mausoleum, though skewed and uncanny, and in some places (especially as you go deeper) seeming to blur the line between natural cavernous features and those that appear manmade.

Ghosts down here have generally been around a century at most. If the linger any longer they are drawn deeper into the the Underworld. That said, this is plenty enough time for many ghosts to become twisted and strange.

taxation is theft

I could see people taking issue with straight up murdering someone without warning during parley. People tend to take a dim view to that sort of thing because they might be the one getting suprised murdered. If you let it slide than others might do it too, and then no one feels comfortable trying diplomancy first.

There are supposed to be rules against ghosts attacking the living right? What are the dangers endemic to the area, and what are the rules for guests so to speak?

I don't want to make the underworld scary so much as an alien place like Arcadia

Genius is a shitty game, but I kind of want to salvage it, and by salvage I mean gut it and start from scratch.

no, it's slavery