If you have created a homebrew setting, describe it in no more than fifty words

If you have created a homebrew setting, describe it in no more than fifty words.

If you have created more than one, you may describe as many as you like but you may devote no more than fifty words to each one.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uFTLksu7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stargate but the worlds come to you.

Think Trine aesthetics and the most Disney seasons and weather. Players start in a small town where the worst problem is rats raiding the cellars.

Using Degenesis system, that I stripped of Spore Infestation and most of firearms and science fiction tech, I created Europe regressed into circa 14th century with fraction of population, fighting over control of uncontaminated regions an defending against mutated beasts. With Mass Effectesque main quest for heroes.

Snowpiercer-style social division, with more tiers, and it's an entire not!hive city, not just a train. Objective: reach the top and kill the Mayor.

Cold apocalyptic Russia with spirits and strange creatures, psychics who can speak to spirits, small walled settlements here and there, taking place 30 to 40 years after the fall of humanity from a mysterious cause. Meant to be depressing as possible, in a seasonal-affective-disorder way.

Super Mario RPG, but on karts and a map. Maybe someday I’ll get to try it.

Spelljammer meets pathfinder meets pirates. Ancient empire and gods vanished in one moment. Magic the Gathering type plane spheres.

"The Late Medieval period, except Venice is the dominant superpower and the vikings founded an empire based on sorcerer worship."

#1: Struggling to survive in a world shaped and then destroyed by magic.

#2: Ancient civilizations, wondrous mysteries and outcast races in a hidden world beneath the earth.

#3: Seeking a better tomorrow in a twisted fantasy world riven by endless war.

Generic as shit fantasy world with men of metal, of water, of earth, of wood, and of fire. Not literally, just in temperment. Most of history is lost to time or survives only through legends. Stealing from the long dead is your best bet to make it big here.

The world used to be ruled by godlike djinn, dragons, giants, and fey, feuding for dominance, but they were wiped out by a cataclysm presumed to be related to their war. Remnants of those races survived, but they’re only hollow shadows of their former power and glory.

The earth is made of the corpses of gods slain in the great battle for cosmic dominance in the beginning. The stars are their souls, lodged in the firmament. Falling stars animate the dead godsflesh, making monsters spring from the earth.

Humans and halflings (both considered “human”) have no magic, and are the only playable races. Other races exist, and all have strong intrinsic magic. Humans are little fish in a big pond, getting along by making deals with magical beings. Players have to deal with NPCs to access any magic.

DarkAges/EarlyMedieval setting. In the western lands those who survived the collapse of civilization fight over the corpse of empire while attempting to restore order. Chivalry, tragic romance, putsches, dragon slaying, barbaric invasions, civilian massacres, and the divine right of kings ensue. Not quite in that order though.

Can I describe my homebrew system?

"Alternating activation wargame, with activation order influenced by a resource mechanics. Attacks may be interrupted, and interrupts pre-empt each other on a Magic-like Stack."

December of 2012 didn't bring about the end of the world but it certainly brought with it changes. The world is cooling, and rapidly at that. 2020 has us living in networks of tunnels that stretch between buildings, growing food indoors. Out the windows, it's all snow.

Bronze age fantasy after the world was literally tilled under by angry gods.

Victorian era space exploration with a healthy dose of magiteknical revolution. The worlds are moving forward quicker than society can react, and the uncharted aether is prime for adventure. Hugely influenced by studio ghibli and various turn of the century pseudo science.

What?

It a forgotten kingdom eternally at dusk, limbo perhaps? The only inhabitants are the dead. The lucky ones have lost all sense of themselves and wander about like lobotomites. The players need to find out why they are there, what awoken them, and die again for good.

>Darksouls the I didn't really try that hard edition
Nice

Cyberpunk human-colonized planet in post-apocalypse after the corpos waged war between themselves, and the players are native mutant-aliens warring in the wastes and eating/enslaving the survivors.

Set in the far future in a distant galaxy that has been colonized by humans. Almost no other aliens but there are giant robots and massive ships. Basically Crest of the Stars meets Gundam.

And setting map

Urban Fantasy high school thugs running on magical pacts with Gaiman's "American Gods" style figures. The Duke of Unsmiling Teeth is a valid name, but so is The Hunger of a Californian Teenager Eating to Avoid Talking About Her Day. Good guys exist, but they’re not PCs.

Kenya won the space race, a holocaust against women after the arrival of the omniscient space vaginas, group of astronauts/monkeys traverse planets to find out why all men are gay.

5e. No tieflings, Drow, Dragonborn, Warlocks, Or sorcerers. No UA or supplements unless I read it first.

You come from the old world. You must tame the new world for your country to prosper.

An actually very boring world full of tropes. You wouldn't like it, and honestly, neither do I.

>Future humanity is mad the universe will one day end, make arks that will make more humans in next one.
>live peacefully for so long they forgot how to make humans with survival instincts
>overdo it and new humans are amoral techno-barbarians constantly killing each other

Bad times ensue

There is a giant maze full of monsters and lost technology that makes up 1/5th of the world being fought over by cyberpunk hedonists and Brettonia but it's fairies instead of elves leading them and a bunch of stand-ins for 1910s cultures exist in the background as their allies.

Pre-WW1 with swords and spears alongside bolt-action rifles and electricity. Magic is institutionalized, adventurering is a real job, exploration is still fresh, the world is more connected but still as dangerous as ever.

>Fantasy
The Gods walk around and the Elves eat people. Humans are generally isolated due to serious hazards in the wilderness. The Eldritch God Monster is still pissed.

>sci-fi
Intersolar-system intrigue. Earth is a wildlife preserve, Mars is Reverse-Matrix Space Arizona, the Belt is mining colonies and the Jovian Moons are run by megacorporations. The Antagonist are mindbogglingly advanced cyborg superhumans who worship the sun.

Modern-day Berserk, instead of Idea of Evil or Apostles we get Seeds from the Third Tree in the Garden of Eden. Seeds grant abilities, eventually sprout and consume host. Ancient civilisations fought to suppress it, but not!Griffith is selected for the Red Seed. Can players escape from clashing fate?

Fantasy Not!Rome during the Gothic War. Plus some 1177BC thrown in. Emperor has been killed in an Adrianople type battle and the whole of the empire is beset on all sides by opportunistic enemies.

Wanted to throw my players in a setting where they were experiencing the collapse of civilization rather than living in it's aftermath like most settings.

Comfy 90's fantasy anime OVA of grand adventure, with Warhammer fantasy chaos about to come ruin everyone's fun.

Gods went mad, lolrandumxd ensues. Slavdwarves, Arab elves, not!mega-china, vannilla mediterranian euros.

>Each player described the nations on one of a chain of islands
>One player lifted everything straight from Eberron.
>I didn't know cos I never played it.
>Booted that player after three sessions for being an autist
>Played on for another year
>Found out about the Eberron connection
>Don't really want o play Eberron now

Fantasy post-apocalyptic Midworld.

Points of light in a very real sense: everything else is trying to kill you.

Once, every soul had a counterpart on the other material plane. Then the afterlife exploded and everything was fucked. Post apoc fantasy with some steampunk elements (themewise, not aesthetically)

big damn heroes in a big damn extradiminsional ship out to save the whole damn universe.

pcs are folks who were about to get killed in a disaster. and would otherwise be forgotten. the ships crew show up and offer them an escape and a new purpose.

there's more to it than that, but this is the elevator pitch.

Solar System Space Sci-fi where every single planet in the Solar System has been terraformed. Also, they had AI but they went rogue and left the system. The Outer-system is basic a Pirate controlled zone, hunting for AI Relics.

low fantasy town inexplicably plane shifted to a strange and primal hexcrawl

basically, Land of the Lost without dinosaurs

#1 Procedurally generated uncharted new land to discover and explore

#2 Witcher RPG, but using map from Czech edition of the books Makes fuck-huge difference

#3 A sandbox campaign about getting out of a valley after plane crash

Space nation of O'Neill cylinders encounter floating magic asteroid full of fantasy races. Cultural tension between science, faith, and magic. Intrigue in Colonial parliaments and Elvish courts. Spaceships and powered armor fighting with/against wizards and dragons.

(49/50 words)
>humanity leaves a spent earth behind, settles in a dense cluster of stars with dozens of planets to terraform
>Firefly but without the cowboys and Joss Whedon nonsense
>actually Cowboy Bebop but with higher population numbers, way more locations, and true interstellar travel
>with a splash of 80s cyberpunk

Vampire aristocrats sheperd grateful humans in grim-dark slavic woodlands.
Ultra-capitalist technocrat wizard-alchemists use volatile magic to create technology.
Germanic theocratic empire crusades eternally on behest of extradimensional masters.
Advanced subterran spider-mystics draw eldritch power from the stars.
Southern caste-based empire ruled by snakefolk seeks to dominate.
Also pirates and demon-monkeys.

Whew, 50 words, that was hard.

Everyone lives in a massive tower on rails these days.

Generic Fantasy World

Humans are the only sapient humanoid Race, have different factions.

Dragons are the Apex, and eventually ascend to Godhood if they live long enough.

Wyverns, Wyrms and Drakes are Mage's attempts at creating their own Dragons, but they are non-sapient.

Dragons regard these as abominations

You mean a train?

Hypernationist/hyperindustrialized city states that frequently attack each other.
Between the cities there is medieval countryside and villages that havent kept up at all

>I had a creative homebrew setting
>Ixilan dropped six months after the campaign started and is almost a carbon copy of it.

A mega structure that moves like a train.

So a big train?

It's shit

Diesel-punk technology with toxic oceans. Islands abound and airships are the emerging and lifted by gas sacks harvested from flying fish like sky whales. Think the age of exploration but delayed til the world has closer to ww1 tech.

Stuff like this.

A vertical tower that moves on rails, with train wheels.

Wizard gets angry and kills all(most) of the gods, assumes the mantle of god king and becomes emperor of everything he hasn't dimensionally walled off,which is everything besides Hell, Heaven and the feywilds.

I assume he is implying that instead of going through the stargate shit comes to your world.

A tall train then?

YOU ARE WIZARD COPS. YOU FIGHT WIZARD CRIME.

Magic Vikings in Mechs fighting other Mechs around the world as Mercs while the human and dragon races are facing an imminent extinction at the hands of abominable Kaiju and Mecha-Kaiju who are descended from an evil mad with power viking warrior wizard, and magic abusing technomancers who are dead.

>~300 stars connected by stargates, built by precursors
>Earth is dead, human space controlled by Mars (it's complicated)
>Other races: space elves (modified humans), catholic insects, slimes, mushrooms
>Low-ish tech level, present day-type guns, Expanse-type fusion drives
>Rumors of Weird Shit™ out on the fringes
>System based on Traveller

humans are the Greek gods, and are worshipped by space-faring rats 9 million years in the future. they fight cyber-wolf people who worship the Aesir. there are also NOT-yithians and silicon mushroom people.

pic related, its a local star map, earth is 'solaris'. the cyberwolves come from hanoveir, and the mushrooms come from Scorodi, the NOT-yithians come from somewhere on the other side of the galaxy

i forgot to mention the rat-bros are NOT-roman

Two worlds in one:
Above the mist, an archipelago of floating islands, with vast kingdoms spread out across them. Renaissance era firearms, high magic, airships, and swashbuckling.

Below the mist, a gloomy world lit by an artificial sun. Low magic, swords and sorcery.

my nigger i've played a game almost exactly like that, it was good fun, good luck to you on that senpai

This user approves.

I've never played dark souls, but ok.

Well too bad, you came up with an idea that is literally the plot to a popular game series still hot on the public conscious. Best prepare yourself now because I'm not going to be the only one to call you out on it.

Every alien empire--yes, all of them--comes to Earth at once. War is waged. Humans are almost extinct. It's up to you to tip the balance, one way or the other.

A very big single car multi level train that isn't train shaped.

so a really shitty train with a turning radius of never

God made it, got bored and left
The two demigods he abandoned died and their angels cannibalized each other. Now the weakened remnants influence people through their dreams to keikaku their plan of making everyone transcend so they can take to the cosmos and find God or another abandoned world.

Do you like underground London? What about Terry Pratchett's discworld's series? What if someone made an early-industrial version that takes place on a huge city-tower that is the remains of a spear god used to smite the tower of Babel before he went to buy cigs and never came back...

Everyone lived in one city.
Then there were “arguments,” and people left.
Then a yellow chicken started a world war.
Then they made magic rock airplanes.
Then a dead guy blew up the planet’s core and the world is floating islands.

Ever-dark walled city is run by aristocratic vampires who treat the citizens like cattle. Lizardmen have come up from the extensive sewers raiding for slaves. Vampire guard captains lock the gates to prevent citizens from fleeing. Vampires are losing, and appeal to the humanoid populace for help, promise freedom for success.

Laws of Physics were made with the express purpose of being a Kitchen Sink Anti-Dominant Strategy setting. Magic and Laws of Reality are used as a bullshit Flexseal for the plot holes and idiot balls.

warhammer-like but with more european countries and christianity, pig orks, beastmen (furries/birdies/scalies) and no chaos but christian hell/satan

Explain.

Take Granblue Fantasy, add a heaping pile of Skies of Arcadia, put in some Dark Cloud, Valkyrie Profile, and a dash of Brink. Serve chilled with rice.

Good artists create. Great artists steal.
Or I'm an unoriginal weeaboo fuck.

Er, you sure? Might be a bit long, and I’d hate to disrupt the other posters.

pastebin it then

>If you have created a homebrew setting, describe it in no more than fifty words.
Generic Ass fantasy setting, 80's Saturday morning cartoons like He-Man and Thundercats, and a shit load of comic books thrown into a blender and coming out as a Fantasy Superhero Setting

Modern society gets rapidly turned into dark fantasy after everything living originally from our world starts slowly dying off.

Standard fantasy world but the Gods were aliens who lived on an volcanic island near the equator. Different alien species shows up and drops a big rock on the first aliens base wiping them out plus nukes and shit.

Nuclear/volcanic winter is a GOT style long night Apocalypse and civilization is wiped out on a global scale but for a small island with men and elves on it. 1000 years later and the planet is warming back up but its mostly a ruins filled nightmare land ruled by orcs, mutants and crazy dwarves who hid in their mountain bunkers.

The players are basically conquistadors.

>My game is set in 14th century France, except the king is a bird, there are slug people and toad people and lizard people, spells are creatures, god is a modron, and one of the two popes is a stone elemental.

>stone elemental pope
metal/10, would crusade against the other pope for

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be making fun of someone in particular? Perhaps the guy who's also being mocked in the pic related?

Are you trying to impersonate me to make my stuff look good, or to make my stuff look bad?
They are co-popes. One covers mortals, the other one covers elementals. Since one is a statue, the living one gets to set most of the doctrine.

There are two anti-popes in Hell though.

It's me. I post in the osr general, and because I link to my blog for longer posts people get a little... weird about it. Who knows why?

The weird thing is is pretty accurate for someone who doesn't like me. I mean, there's other stuff going on, but that's the setting.

Sure. It’s nothing special though.
pastebin.com/uFTLksu7

I've got two, one that I made but haven't ran, and another that my group uses that we all made together.

>Out west behind a giant wall, everyone will rise undead once. It is a place of exiles, criminals, and strange forces, where men build cities in the skulls of monsters, phantoms steal the corpses of trees, and secret cabals follow them whims of hidden gods who pick through creation’s corpse.

>The Old Gods are waking beneath the earth, the sky, and the sea. While conflict rages across the south, the corpse of a god that men call the Moon shifts and stirs. In the north, the empire of the dead gluts on their history, and between both desperate resistances strive.

Honestly they're both pretty nuts. Despite what it sounds like, the first one is actually a western.

Exploring a massive, ancient space station with old Halo-style aesthetics

Penal demiplane that the worst criminals were banished to for life. The practice fell out of favour, centuries passed, and its existence is now a footnote in history books.

The descendants of said criminals survive, still inhabiting the demiplane, and have formed a thriving society who's primary focus is escape.

>I mean, there's other stuff going on, but that's the setting.
Possibly because it's a direct quote?

>Possibly because it's a direct quote?
If you don't like me very much, why bother with any of this, let alone quoting me? What's the plan?

Or are you like one of them closeted gay Senators who spend hours thinking about, writing about, and ranting about hot sweat man-on-man action?

>If you don't like me very much,
Where did this crop up? You've posted that imagine plenty of times.

I figure posting that particular image, plus describing my setting, is either really fucking weird or hostile or trying to plant evidence that I show up and spam my stuff in every thread, on topic or not.

But what do I know?

The whole crumbling megacity is just buildings on rails that move like those shift the squares to make a picture puzzles.

Pc's work for the wall street guys in pi.
It's set in near future.
The formula opens up new research, turns out there are time traveling spirits like in la jétee.
Can you stop the time travelling cult before they reach their goals?