Is it possible for humans in 40K to safely consume Orks?

Is it possible for humans in 40K to safely consume Orks?
How about food squigz?

Is it possible to cook tyranid flesh?

Because if any of the available options above are possible I can see great potential in farming squigs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VxKWohWHMg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably not, You'd get Orks Bursting out your Chest/Ass

>Probably not, You'd get Orks Bursting out your Chest/Ass
I don't think so. Orks cannot grow in every environment. The acid of a human stomach can dissolve steel, that and they are susceptible to flamethrowers, so cooking Ork meat should kill any spores.

The question is would it be any good?

Self bump.
I had an idea for an IG ship that just had a "Mushroom room" where they kept a self contained Ork ecosystem in for the purpose of farming onboard the ship for long journeys.

Also consider that Orks do brew drinks with the plants that grow in an ork ecosystem

youtube.com/watch?v=VxKWohWHMg0

If this were true, then Orks would literally, not figuratively, be unstoppable by anyone.
The fluff disagrees on a lot of stuff but it is agreed upon that Orks are most certainly NOT immortal

>Orks are most certainly NOT immortal
Orks only get stronger as they grow. The problem is that due to Klingon Promotions and constant fighting, life expectancy is not that high.

Orks are indeed biologically immortal and it is said your average 'boy' is as big as a meganob in deep Ork space.
The Armageddon Ork hunters probably do. Certainly we know Orks are edible as Kroot consume them

They only grow the more fighting they do.

>biologically immortal
That doesn't mean they survive getting chopped into tiny pieces and cooked
Even the mary sue special twilight vampires die if that happens to them

>Orks get stronger as they grow
Yes, but they actually have to be in a life or death confrontation. So just walking around killing gretching isn't gonna get you swol as an ork. You have to go out and find BIGGA and BADDA enemies.
And once you become warboss, you are the BIGGEST AN DA BADDEST you have to venture outward

>Kroot consume them
>Kroot
"Hey frank, are couches edible?"
"Well Bob, industrial garbage disposals eat couches, so logically so can humans"
"What an insightful idea Frank" (Proceeds to die from ingesting a couch)

We're not suppose to eat couches?

That didn't stop the Russians from trying.

Ork Probably tastes like mushrooms. perhaps different orkiforms would taste of different species of mushroom? unlikely, due to common origin, but possible

I vaguely recall some fluff from the beginning of the Octarius war that has both tyranids and orcs fighting on every level. Bio titans vs giant squigs, gaunts vs boys, rippers vs gretchin, all the way down to a biological level as the tyranids try and break down the orc spores.

Ork: probably, and its probably eh. Think fungus if it had the consistency associated with meat via musculature. Also factor in these aren't slaughter house Orkz, so they smoke, inhale gasoline, etc.

Squigs: probably marginally better if you get a livestock operation down.

Tyranids: Worst idea. Almost entirely hostile material, and probably designed to melt you down into biomass even when cooked. Synapse creatures may even infest you if ingested

>Is it possible for humans in 40K to safely consume Orks?
Yes, but I don't think it'd be pleasant.

>How about food squigz?
Yes, Humans can eat food squigs, I remember reading that 'all' squigs are edible, it's just that some squigs are more edible than others. You could probably farm, hunt, and eat squigs like any other animal provided you had the orkish fungal environment to get them from.

>Is it possible to cook tyranid flesh?
I want to say no. I'm pretty sure this would lead to horrible parasites and death.

Pretty sure you can cook and eat anything.

The real question is: Is it heretical?

Where's the squig sauce?

Are Orks immune or strengthened by wars of attrition?

The Tau, just by being very accurate shots, were able to kill Orks from a distance before they could even fight back and apparently this was effective enough to keep them at bay.

The fucking Tyranids, who literally eat their enemies and send out their own microbes to /eat/ their microbes and the ork fungus food supply, apparently strengthen the Orks simply because orks eat combat and don't need anything else.

Do Orks defy the rule of "armies march on their stomach" and simply grow bigger and healthier by fighting?

The orks do well against the tyranids because tyranids don't normally enter the harvesting phase until AFTER the fighting is over. By the time the tyranids adapt, the orks will have already grown much stronger.