When it became obvious the humans will one day supersede all other races...

When it became obvious the humans will one day supersede all other races, the elves began looking for a way to preserve themselves. The elf goddess of love and fertility then hatched a scheme. She invited her human counterpart to her home for a dinner to which she [the human goddess] happily accepted. during the dinner the elf goddess served her guest with a pink champagne with vaguely heart shaped bubbles. After the dinner the elf goddess """""persuaded"""" the human goddess that love between an elf and a human can be beneficial to both races and such unions should be blessed with children. the human goddess agreed thus half-elves were made possible, preserving the elf tradition and memory through the human bloodlines

Depends.

Or, elves and humans fucking makes half-elves. Providing mythological reasoning beyond "peepee go in hooha and form babby" is too close to fetishistic for a core point of your world's mythology, especially for a part that fucking D&D and LotR manage without justification.

So did the god of dragons meet with the human good and """persuade"""" that half dragons should be a thing?

What about half orcs?

This idea is dumb.

I know it isn't a very long story, but that was possibly the least appealing take on fantasy deities I can think of.

Meh, seems pretty superfluous for races so similar and frequently crossed.
Basically this And the story itself isn't aesthetic, fresh, sexy or entertaining.

The races would have fucked with one another without any blessing. Somewhere, somehow, someone will have a fetish.

So, elf goddess date raped the human goddess and that's where half elves come from?

and now they have justification

>"Well we're going to get raped out of existence anyway so we might as well leave something behind"

This is such an un-elvish way of thinking. If you're going to go extinct JUST GO EXTINCT. Fade away into nothing and don't leave behind one drop of blood. Let them look upon the ruins of your civilization and think "well, at least we have compound interest, centralized banking and an opiate addiction epidemic in return for destroying the most beautiful thing to ever exist."

If you're going to embrace extinction either do it all the way or don't do it at all. The fucking monkeys will just end up raping your part-elf grandchildren because they think it cures syphilis or something. Better to go down fighting and leave behind an ocean of blood than to doom your descendants to humanity.

Fucking knife-ears, man.

But did they hold hands

At the temple sermon
>And the champagne bubbleth
>With bubbles the shape of hearts
>And then our divine Ladies totally
>FUUUUUUAWWCKED

half orcs came about when the gods schemed to infect the orcs with human goodness

Half dragons came when the schemed to inherit the dragons innate magic and knowledge

I feel like the story of that time the elf goddess date raped someone is more grounds for killing half elves than accepting them in the context of a sermon

So all the out of race (its probably closer to species mixing) is not allowed by the innate biology of the world, but by divine sexcapades?

>Pellangians

we have the innate biology to fuck a horse but that half horse man ain't happening (nor should it)

get rid of the stupid champagne line and make it a bit more like something you would preach from a book, and its not a outright terrible idea. however raping another goddess to allow biology to be ignored and have half breeds is a pretty stop gap measure, as all it really does is mix some minor elven genes into the human gene pool, but over time it will be too little to even really matter id think, and any half elf descendants would eventually end up far fr too human to be called half elves anymore.

the real way to save the species, if the gods decisions matter so much, would be for the elf goddess to kill the human fertility goddess to remove humans as a future threat, or if killing other gods cant be done, imprison her or force her to curse the humans or something, so as to limit and control the human population and growth more.

>too close to fetishistic for a core point of your world's mythology,
Greek Mythology exists, your argument is invalid

it's all about how you sell it

Not that user but in my opinion plenty from Greek mythology is far too fetishistic for the average campaign.

If your campaign involves a woman fucking a bull her husband stole from a god, and its described in detail at any point im out and assuming the game would be full of bestiality overtones.

From an old campaign
>Orcs decide to get rid of their ancient enemies, humans and elves, all at once
>Form two teams to perform two rituals that will eradicate an entire gender from both races, via plague making them die out in a generation
>The ritual teams don't plan with each other and just go ahead
>All elf men die of plague
>All human women die of plague.
>The survivors find out what happened and team up to genocide the Orcs
>The goddess of love comes up with a solution and turns on human-elf interbreeding
>Both races go extinct, but live on in the half-elf population.
>they give themselves a new name, the Halvean
>Time passes, long enough that most of this is forgotten
>Half-elves/Halvean become huge racial purity assholes
>The dragons know and think it's the most hilarious thing ever.

Elvish Crusades when?

Aww, that’s sorta cute, in a date-rapey way.

I’m sure the human goddess’ pupils became hearts, though, so it was alright in the end.

This is clearly not the kind of story that gets told in a book or a sermon. The official line is something different— they negotiated or there was a riddle or something. The steamy-elf-on-human-lesbian-sex version of the story is obviously oral history, and not the kind you tell to someone you don’t know very well.

to be fair the bull does look pretty cute

>it's another virgin who didn't jack off before starting a thread on Veeky Forums

>i cant handle sexual themes in my games because it reminds me im a vigin: the thread

>elf goddess
>human goddess
end your life

>implying a setting with a pantheon of maternal godesses wouldnt be cozy as fuck

Your godess more or less takes care of you and you can adventure for fun and profit without some world ending ancient evil hanging in the balance

>>implying a setting with a pantheon of maternal godesses wouldnt be cozy as fuck
No, I don't think it would be

Nope. Half-elves need their entrails hang from the trees. Humans pushed back into the stone age where they belong. This is most likely human propaganda, since any human and elf relationship benefits humans first. Any kind of human and elf relationship is pushed by the humans to destroy elves with their higher fertility and numbers. This is not happening with the dwarves, not with the halflings, not with the gnomes. Only with elves. The elf goddess must clearly hate her own race if she would allow to supersede our genes by humans, the elves should abandon her and turn to gods that are proud and willing to defend their creation.

Human x elf relationships are elf genocide.