My buddy drew his monk in the art box on his sheet

My buddy drew his monk in the art box on his sheet.

Does anyone else use that space?

Yeah I used it to write down more of the crunchy crunchy STAHTS FOR MY CHARAUCHTHER.

His monk has a nice smile!

What edition has racist caricature of a black man from the 40s as a playable race?

3/5ths edition

>Fisto

Yeah he missed the first few sessions, so we started calling him The First of the South.

He rolled with it.

Maybe someone misunderstood what the player meant when he said he wanted to play a minstrel.

nice

That is an elf.

What edition is this?

One of my players is a drawfriend. He always draws his own character art for tokens and fills portrait section in character lists. He also draws in empty spaces of his paper, and by the end of campaign it's always filled with little drawings of NPCs, creatures and random setting-inspired stuff.
Pic related is his little doodle of two NPCs made on paper for notes.

May I have a pdf of that sheet, user?

Well played

>tfw you loved to draw
>tfw you have literally negative artistic talent and never progressed beyond your 7 year old self after 10 years of art classes
>tfw the universe mocks you by having your artistically inclined friends never take classes, or practice at all and blow you out of the water just doodling on shit.

oh shit he's playing an american from the future

draw more user

I do that, too. But I am a talentless hack, so I mostly trace the work of people with real skills and do minor alterations.

Talent doesn't exist, either long hard work or some small and as yet unexploited aptitude is just confused for this utterly false concept that some people are instantly good at doing something, you're a lazy cunt who doesn't practice and/or listen in class.

They practice all the time they do. You just don't do enough, don't shit on their hard work cause you cant put it in yourself. You sound like the kind of cunt who expected to sit in art class half asleep and instantly be able to produce anatomically correct figures after the teacher pointed at a picture of a thinking dude.

On the off chance you do practice, then you're doing it wrong, actually pay attention to the fundamentals and shit they taught you instead of just doodling freely. Hours of practice is what makes someone good, but those hours can be effective and challenging learning experiences, or uncomfortably slow iteration.

Apply yourself you fucking faggot.

It's possible that he picked up a really shitty art class, but if it's been ten years, then he's probably beyond hope.

user, you just need to practice.
Look at pic related. There was an art contest in my tabletop club. The left picture is done by me, the right one is done by the person with a degree in art and design. I didn't attend to art school, all I did is practice for the past year. I didn't practice as frequently as I wanted, but nevertheless, you see the difference between two works.
The saddest part is that the right picture for some reason has won the contest.

cute, colorful chick will get more votes than interesting old brown man smoking. Your piece is more interesting if you're not desperate to get laid.

hey buddy, mind posting the full res version of your smoking dude, I'd like to use him as an npc, you can watermark it if you, whatever you're comfortable with

Should have called racism.

>user projects hard
wew there lad.

>Apply yourself you fucking faggot.
Conscientiousness is genetic.

Neat.

>salty humblebragging

this board man, this board

Not on my sheet, but I usually take notes during sessions and doodle dumb shit like weapons and rune words.

Although I do have a section for confirmed kills, listing creatures I've killed and how many of each.

art school is bullshit, lurk around on /co/ and you'll eventually see a thread of various internet artists that went to art school and actually got worse in time. Your problems may be simple fixes that seem first nature to artists as well, like pencil pressure, that was hard for me to get at first. I'm sure that you have some simple problem you can fix or skill that wasn't taught or explained properly.

Sure, here it is.

thanks a plenty man

wallpaper time

This is pretty neat, user. Simple but good and evocative of some cool aesthetic. Don't get too worked up about the other piece winning, plebs have shit taste (also even good tastes differ).

My group all draws on their sheets when we play Reign. Normally you just have damage tracks for limbs and what not, which turned into stickmen made of boxes, which in turn became sketches and doodles of characters with hit boxes in their limbs.

You're actually proof of that guy's statement.

Thanks. I don't post my work online, so it's great to hear some positive response.

Maybe I should have stated my message differently.
This person with a degree is able to produce good still-life drawings in traditional medium, but in order to draw from imagination, you have to practice a bit more specifically. You still need your fundamentals and ability to do a still-life, but without doing a practice from imagination, you will not be able to do drawings on your own.
One of my friends has a degree in arts too. He draws from imagination a lot, and he's great at it. He always states, that he learned to do it by himself, and that the art college didn't do a lot to teach him drawing from imagination.
So, if you want to be capable of creating a good drawing from your head, you just need to practice.

Some people are bad at drawing.