What is the worst possible campaign you can think of?

What is the worst possible campaign you can think of?

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on the DM.

PLD

One where nothing happens. You can milk some enjoyment out of a game that's stupid or ridiculous, but there's no way around boring.

A paizo module run by a furry DM using critical failures with a results table.

A campaign of D&D.

Did she died?

A campaign with /tg

what's wrong with paladins?

Yep

When have you ever needed to resort to the big guns to get back to the table?

11 players, 1 GM
2 hour sessions, held in person once a week on saturday afternoons, far enough away to lock up the whole day with minimal playtime
Most of the group hates each other, but see roleplaying as their only source of social interaction so they passive-aggressively tolerate it while playing video-games and watching youtube videos
At least 3 players peek over the GM's notes regularly
D&D 3rd edition
Epic Levels, played RAW apart from dandwiki homebrew
"Game of Thrones style hyper realistic Political Intrigue PvP sandbox" where we mostly just watch NPCs do stuff and theoretically are meant to be scheming against each other
Kitchen sink planescape lore, to accommodate literally any race or backstory
Constant name-dropping of canon NPCs
Group is asked to write characters on their own before knowing the premise of the campaign, or even the setting. They are discouraged from communicating at all in chargen. It's "more natural" that way.

Sounds like bad parenting. Just say no when your child throws a tantrum and mind binds you.

PvP MOBA inspired campaign. Dead characters respawn and fight again every session, and the outcome of fights determine the story of the campaign.

What level do you even have to be to cast Mind Bondage spells?

If you need to ask, then you're not high enough level

Any Veeky Forums+d&d is beyond trash, mostly because d&d is shit and only subhumans play it.

Think I'm gonna go with this user. Every other flavor of horrible requires either good parts to shit all over, or record-breaking horrible to experience the novelty and black humor of. A bland mush is basically just not playing but it still takes up time and feels like you should be playing.

this but one of the players is GM's SO who gets massive bonuses and is always the best. apart from the DMPC, of course.

This.
I love this board, but y'all are a bunch of ass-blasted manchildren.

That is hitting triggers I didn't know I had.
Goddamn psychiatric

One where you do nothing

Came here just to post this, edition doesn't matter, anything infected with the DnD cancer is just a caster circlejerk where the only roleplay that happens is wizards making all their problems go away with spells.

I think it's a selection bias. Much of Veeky Forums seems fine. But I never use the gamefinder here because I've already got some good groups. The people on Veeky Forums who want to play because they don't have a group are the ones that can't get a group IRL or with other 'online' friends, aka the worst.

A matryoshka/scheherazade campaign.

A campaign of GURPS playing normal people playing a campaign of FATE of normal people playing a campaign of DnD.

At least If there's a table it not just "how mad do I feel at you"

Anything with...
>ERP
>Rails
>Character "arcs" planned ahead of time
>Memes
>"This is just our hobby"

I can handle a few memes, as long as they aren't cringe inducing.

Probably rise of the runelords with a gm who takes it really seriously.

>system 4E
>over 7 players
>railroad
>endless inescapable combats

MYFAROG is the system. Sword of Truth is the setting.

Where the PC's are guarding or following a magical princess, who's player is the GM's overly needy girlfriend.

I've been through shit like that.
>DMPC and Bounty hunter fight it out while we sit on the sidelines, unable to interfere or do anything, the GM just ignored us.
>This goes on for four hours.

>frog poster
>deus vult poster
Yeah, I bet you are sooo much better.

God, that face. I love that beautiful bastard's art so much.

>They are discouraged from communicating at all in chargen. It's "more natural" that way
oh... god

I'm not a D&D fan, I'll be the first to say "have you tried not playing D&D?", but that's a bit much.

You've slid well in to "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole" territory here, user.

Grimdark no magic low level 3.5.

thats the worst you can think of? doesnt even sound bad if done properly.

any campaign where the game unfolds in front of you and you sit there with 0 input for entire sessions

Something something FATAL

Pathfinder with a DM who genuinely thinks 3E was always good and Pathfinder perfected it.

So wait, you just sat there while the DM rambled for for hours?

> And they the bounty hunter shoots his guns like 'BOOM BOOM'
> But Senior Coolmaster is all like 'nothin' personal kid'
> But the bounty hunter attacked with his pet falcon
> But Senior Coolmaster kept dodging all like in the matrix
> And the bounty hunter throws some shuriken and it's really badass
> So Senior Coolmaster cuts them in half with his thousand-folded katana
> So they bounty hunter fires his laser gun at him 'pew pew'
> And then Senior Coolmaster throws a flashbang at the bounty hunter

And you didn't leave? Pretty sure this is on you.

If we left, he'd have stopped and resumed the stupid fight with the next session. I fell asleep for two of the hours, another player had Dune (David Lynch version) on his tablet and we watched that while the DM played with himself.

Fuck you,Midnight is a fuckimg treasure.

>my first campaign
It was just as garbage as you'd expect

any campaign that runs gurps

I hope you don't think Jack Chick drew that.

Anything I played in 4e. This is mostly the group's fault as a whole, as everyone approached it with a video game mentality. This, coupled with games being a drawn out slog didn't make for a good time.

Y'all are a bunch of morons, watch this:

>a session about shitposting on Veeky Forums
>each player is responsible for making a thread with an objective of getting replies and finding a good playgroup
>it plays out exactly like normal Veeky Forums, except you have to roll for the varied success of your shitposts.

Are people here this unimaginative, or this desperate to fit in by shitting on safe targets?

just...

A campaign where neither the GM nor any of the fellow players have been exposed to fantasy fiction that isn't modern isekai anime.

Jack did not draw his own stuff. He claimed he did but that's just because he was an incredibly dishonest bastard.

Trying to think of a setting worse than Sword of Truth. Other than maybe Gor I genuinely can't.

Well, in that case I love the art he falsely claimed to be his own.

>Trying to think of a setting worse than Sword of Truth.
Don't be dramatic. There's ALWAYS crappier, more derivative fantasy out there to be found.

>Image-less poster
>Worthless opinion poster
And so the cycle continues

>There's ALWAYS crappier, more derivative fantasy out there to be found.

I'm trying. I really am but even Gor is only on par with it. Twilight is actually, as a setting, slightly better than it. Harry Potter has more depth than it. The even the paint by numbers Hack Fantasies of the 80s and 90s are just bland rather than actively bad.

SoT is almost like someone set out to intentionally make something shit and made it so dog shit awful that it appealed to the mentally unstable due to it's unbalanced philosophical leanings.

I'm trying and I'm struggling to think of anything in that setting that could be salvaged. Any single point of not shit that could be removed and transplanted and be worth the effort. In the first 4 books I can't think of a damn thing. The 1st comes closest due to being merely mediocre and bar the 40 page rape-torture scene just one more of the aforementioned paint by numbers Hack Fantasies of the 80s and 90s blandfest rather than the bugfuck double Gor the series would devolve into.

I was stuck on a London to New Zealand flight with these books. They went into the bin when the plane landed, 4 read 2 unread. Due to slightly obsessive tendencies I had until that day never left a story unfinished. It's just not something I can easily do. I did it then. The "this is wrong" feeling brainbug givens me can suck a dick if it thinks I'm torturing myself with that shit again.

Sorry, that got a bit ranty there.

Any campaign run by this soyboy

Reminder that plot and setting are not the same thing. I agree it has a lot of problems but focus your hatred.

he looks like a bearded troll toy

I can't focus, my hatred is all encompassing, it is eternal, it is the fire serpent that devours itself and reduces all to ash and bitterness. 30 FUCKING HOURS I had with those books. 30 fucking hours with an obese Scouser taking up 1.5 seats and sweating urine on one side of me and a perpetually screaming downs child on the other in a tin can imported from 1980's Russia that stank of recycled flatulence and had one television that showed the riveting documentary of how far we hadn't traveled yet and then crashed and reset somewhere over Singapore to show us back at Heath Row because it wasn't a showing of where we are, and was per-recorded. And I would do it all again if it meant I could unread those fucking books

The Plot I didn't mind. It was a generic as fuck "your princes is in another castle" story for the first book. Kill the evil wizard, ride off into the sunset, power of love conquers all tripe. A good killer of a few hours due to it being a doorstopper. Maybe Goodkind was paid by the word. Only odd thing was the massive BDSM scene at about the 3/4 mark for no reason other than to presumably see if the proofreader was awake and no he wasn't

The others were where it turned in to Magic Hitler (good) vs Magic Stalin. Plus lots of characters whose only reason to be was to big up the protagonist and/or worship him because he embodies everything the author believed

But the setting. Jesus fucking Christ the setting was insulting. Everything about it was lazy, insulting shit

History; Everything was good once then it went bad then no more magic
City in middle of forest. No fields or agriculture
Stone age cannibal tribe (good) within two day walk of late medieval France
People forgetting magic is real 20 years after a fucking wizard war
There's a swamp her because geography is drunk
Gollum. He even want's his precious back.
Inconsistent ass-pull magic everywhere
An entire book dedicated to football
Dragons reproduce by parthenogenesis

And so much more

I think you need a non SoT related hobby.
Its not worth getting so mad over a shitty book series, calm down man

That game called rape

I can't calm down. I'm cold and angry and growing old marinated in cheep booze and regrets and the anger is all that makes me feel warm any more.

I'm almost certain you over exaggerating for the point of humour, but if not.
That's sad man you need to find a way to distract yourself or find something you like again.

This is going to be a political intrigue campaign with heavy social justice themes, inspired by Game of Thrones and Dark Souls. We will be using Pathfinder, all supplements allowed.

>Game where the rolls don't matter

You think I'm joking, but I had to play a game hosted by some dumbfuck that run a game where you could not fail. If you fucked up a roll for gathering information and failed, then suddenly some asshole would come up to you and just give you every bit of info you were looking for. If everyone failed to hit an enemy and we were slightly wounded, then rocks fell, enemies died. The most insulting part is that the final fight of the game was the equivalent of a group of hardened soldiers vs a special needs hospital.

Ironically, that image is actually the way you "fix" most games...

Stuck in Rokugan with a Glock and an AK. How you can find a way out of the Emerald Empire without A: Firing a shot, or B: not getting slaughtered for having firearms.

That's pretty bad.

Terrifying.

I work 45+ hours a week to earn enough to live in a shoebox sized terrace house in a region of industrial collapse infested with pakis and slavs imported by the Blair government to keep wages down. When I'm not working I'm bone weary levels of tired so my inclination to be sociable is increasingly limited. I look in the mirror and I think back to when I was late teens and finishing collage. I was going to get a job with the National Parks and spend the next ~50 years maintaining the National Parks, I was going to get married, raise a family, retire and die age late 70s (optimism) probably of fucked up lungs as my family tend to do. It wasn't a big dream but it was an achievable one.

And I sit here more than ten years later, my feet are too cold to feel, my house is spartan, my friends have drifted away and after what seems like 3 days no nothing but rain my roof has a leak and one thing after another I can't afford to quit my shitty, shitty job to look for something new.

At this point I'm actually contemplating buying a tent, getting a one way ticket to America or Canada or Australia and just set off walking until my feet bleed. Not going to tell anyone where I am or what I'm doing, just walk and walk and walk and never look back or think about what came before. The other alternative is to see how far I can swim into the North Sea on an outgoing tide.

Worst possible Campaign
>Setting
My life
>System
Pathfinder

Furries are the only thing that could make it worse at the moment

My previous campaign
>nothing happens
>more nothing happens
>Me: "I try doing [thing] to investigate"
>GM: "nope. nothing"
>Me: "can I at least roll [skill]?"
>GM: "okay, roll [skill]"
>Me: *30*
>GM: itsfuckingnothing.jpg
>more idle shit happens
>here's a bunch of mooks you can roll dice at!
>(everyone but me) FUCK YEAH WOOHOO!
>mfw

This one:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high

>weebschool setting
>played on pathfinder
Hurl20 delivers again.

A FATAL campaign between me and my mom

Alright boyo, I'm going to get real with you.

Your life sucks this way because you are not changing it.

You work 45+ hours a week? Good, that means you can evidence enough competencies to get a slightly better job.

You're stuck in a shitty area? Move. You don't sound like you have ties or responsibilities to the place you live, so fucking do it. Do it while you get a better job.

I mean, shit, Britain's in a fucking rough place at the minute, but there's always options!

If you're desperate and all this sounds like way too much (and there's no shame in that, it's scary and tough) then sign up with the Forces. Join the RAF or something. Intel if you can get it.

Make a change. I believe in you.

For what it's worth, Burgerland has no shortage of angry disenfranchised people living in the woods. Our immigration system is shit and I imagine it's hard to get welfare/real work in the middle of fucking nowhere if you're not actually a citizen, though.

4e.

I admit I'm a shitty NEET who's living with his mom at age 30 so I have no right to tell you what to do... but hey man, don't do crazy stuff like that. Your situation is bleak but humans always tend to overshoot and think things are hopeless when they're not. If you have nothing tying you to your place you have much better chances at getting another, better job.

Hey at least you have a job, I've got a Master's degree and still no one will give me a chance.

I game of furry lesbians committing holy genocide against males; basically the plot of Gayniggers from Outer Space, but in reverse.

Or something equally and obviously degenerate and politically motivated.

Didn't someone advertise this on Veeky Forums one time?

Anyone hear ever play that starcraft UMS map called, I think it was, HighSchool RPG?

>Campaign takes place in the mysterious wild new lands with monsters and shit in the wood
>By the book encumbrance and survival checks
>By the book disease rules
>Have to roll survival literally every day or else we go into starvation or dehydration rules
>Only able to take enough food for 2 weeks
>Journey is going to take several months
>Random encounter rolls several times a day

that still sounds better than "lel nothing happens"

if it were just this i can see it getting old pretty fast. but going out into the wilderness shouldn't be a walk in the park

I mean it is nothing happens, except with as many dice rolls as physically possible.

Jesus Christ.
If you need a friend, we're here for you.

Roll for HP. No taking 10's or 20's.
Gold has Weight.
Lets Roll!

Speak for yourself, I don't need that emotional dead weight in my life.

The last one could get annoying but I don't see a problem with the others.

Why didn't you leave the campaign?

I don't see what's the problem here unless the DM advertised his game as something else... I played a hexcrawl like this where we were stuck on a island and had fun.

>unskippable cutscenes.jpg

>another player had Dune (David Lynch version) on his tablet and we watched that
I'm not going to question how it got on his table in the first place, but I would like to point out that if it actually was the preferable option there, you have my deepest sympathies.

C'mon it's not THAT bad of a movie

>Australia

Fuck off we're full. Nah if you're white you can come.

Sounds like you long for a more country oriented life. Its possible to leave your shit city and get a wife and have those children.

Take it from a school dropout 7+year NEET who ended up moving hemisphere one day reinventing his life.

Its never hopeless.

How does one actually go about finding a group normally?

Having friends

What if you've found yourself without friends, through no fault of your own besides being a bad judge of character?

You asked for the normal way of finding a group, and I gave you the answer. I'm not here to solve all of your problems user, or any for that matter.