W-we're s-sorry...

>W-we're s-sorry, we won't defend our employees from being tried at the court of public opinion without any evidence again, we promise!

You wish people said that to you. You're mad that they don't, and always will be as long as you continue to harass people for "teh lulz".

>the ocean of difference between accepting accusations as being possibly valid and to be adjudicated by the court of law, and casting accusers as liars and miscreants trying to cause trouble
Go die, OP.

Here is your (you).

OP isn't really upset about the accusations possibly being false. He's upset because they're treated like something that matters, rather than being hated to death and silenced in the name of free speech.

We're at the tipping point, anyway. Eventually they'll point a finger at someone really important, and all the accusations will abruptly stop.

How important are we talking? Weinstein was pretty rich. Didn't save him. Not for long.

>seriously thinking there will be long term consequences to this

hahaha oh god you really are that stupid

Give it time. No-one can live on outrage forever. Look at Occupy Wall Street, all that sound and fury for nothing. This will fizzle out too.

Epstein raped, murdered and prostituted kids. He got 12 months, weinstein will walk.

They already tried with Singer, he went quiet on twitter and his accuser got banned

What is this in relation to?

The fact that Veeky Forums hates women with all its heart, doubly so if they try to speak out about sexual assault, triply so if anyone believes them.

A developer has been accused of sexual harassment, Green Ronin (a famously social justice minded company, mind you) dared point out that until there's actual evidence maybe we shouldn't completely doom a person's social and professional future based on what's effectively "he said, she said", the fans got triggered with the force of a thousand suns and Green Ronin immediately went back on their statement with their tail between their legs.

Sure, but his career is already in ruins.

Legitimate question: Why is it always Green Ronin Publishing? how do they manage it.

Any accusation should be thrown in the trash if not accompanied by evidence. Innocent until proven guilty is the highest principle of justice.

>Innocent until proven guilty is the highest principle of justice

Heresy!

Who is green Ronin? Why should I care?

>despite globalization, that kind of bullshit drama is exclusive to US firms, and the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck.
Feels good, man.

You make me conflicted, user ; here I am, agreeing with a family guy image macro.

Learn how to sage, you must.

Not at all.
The inquisition won't consider you guilty without proof. It's just that they have no issues purging innocents as well.

>It's just that they have no issues purging innocents as well.
That's a myth user, stop learning your histories from comedies.

What? No it isn't. It's all over Europe.

Because Innocence proves nothing.

Are we talking the real inquisiton, or the warhammer one? Because the real world inquisition was a paragon of due process.

And bright red uniforms.

if we have courts of law to administer punishment, should civilians get involved in handing out de facto additional sanctions, such as unemployment?

sage'd

>mfw learning about the inquisition
Did you know torture was incredibly rare and it involved all parties, including witnesses, parish priests and the accuser?

When you think "Crazy christians killing witches for no reason and with no evidence", you're not actually thinking of the inquisition - you're thinking of protestant witch trials, an entirely different thing from a much later time period

>"We absolutely believe victims. Full stop."

Maybe I'm just cynical because of my sister's "friends" during high school, but I really have a hard time believing this kind of shit. Seeing all the gossiping, rumor making, and outright lying that girls do to eachother and boys, not to mention the bullshit I went through from some of them, an accusation with no evidence is always going to cast a bunch of doubt.

>an accusation with no evidence is always going to cast a bunch of doubt.

Mind you, the counterpoint to that is that such things are almost impossible to prove if they did happen. So it's a shitty situation in general for both sides of the clusterfuck and why for anyone vaguely notable it takes until there are dozens of accusations.

Even SJW-infested ttrpg publishing companies are becoming wary of accusations because they can't afford the severance packages involved in making problems disappear any more. Paizo straight up fired one of their most senior employees after she made multiple accusations in a couple of months.

Nobody expected that.

>such things are almost impossible to prove

Doesn't mean they shouldn't have to prove it.

It's almost impossible to prove that some random guy mugged you but that doesn't mean that someone should get fired just because you threw a few words around. When you start favoring words over evidence then the person who can throw more words wins, regardless of whether they were in the right or not.

If at all possible, yes. However the nature of such crimes is that well...they happen in private so they do very much come down to 'X vs Y' and the twin priorities of the justice system of 'Get justice for victims' and 'Protect the innocent' becomes difficult in such situations as you don't want to make it borderline impossible for victims to get justice but you also don't want to make it too easy for innocent people to be harmed.

>When you start favoring words over evidence

How do you propose the evidence gets gathered? Mind you, I do believe that all accused people (All crimes, not just sexual assault) should not be public knowledge until any trials have happened to prevent summary judgement by the public itself.

>you don't want to make it borderline impossible for victims to get justice

Better that than ruining an innocent.
Get a camera, get witnesses whatever if you need evidence.

>Get a camera, get witnesses whatever if you need evidence.

So people should all own google glass running 24/7 to record any sexual assaults?

Moot actually said something rather interesting on this topic back in '14 or '15: you can only fuel something on outrage for so long. Any momentum a mob might have will last only if there's continuous stuff to rile them up. You'd be surprised how little people care about old news.

>How do you propose the evidence gets gathered?
Using words to justify investigation and using words to justify punishment PRIOR TO evidence are two entirely different things. I do agree that public action in these crimes is practically vigilantism and should be avoided, but unfortunately that's hard to do without stepping on the toes of the freedom of the press. Just punish internet activist vigilantism as libel and call it a day.

If they're that concerned about it, or need to gather evidence, then yes.

>Using words to justify investigation and using words to justify punishment PRIOR TO evidence are two entirely different things

Oh yeah, it's just that investigation of such things is really hard even after it is reported. It's a crime with an incredibly fleeting window for gathering any proof. It's a shitty situation all round and I'm not honestly sure there is a perfect solution that gives both the victim and accused equal power to plead their case which is kinda depressing.

Nah, we've had some in Britain too. Some of the stuff they had on the "convenient blackmail list" someone supposed published wasn't even illegal, just wierd. "Has gay sex with people and prefers if they wear perfume" and things. One guy once put his hand on some lady's knee. Sure, maybe a lot of it is very bad, I haven't followed it much, but that particular bit must have Keeler and Profumo looking on and laughing their heads off.

That wouldn't be legal due to privacy laws.

Where the fuck did all these disgusting roasties and cucks come from all of a sudden?
Whatever happened to "innocent till proven guilty"?

Or is this a new /pol/ tactic, to swarm a place pretending to be obnoxious sjws as a false flag?

Are you just pretending to be new? it happens every time something retarded like this happens, usually become the reddit mods removed the thread on it.

Lol, the only reason they doubted it in the first place was because of SJW clannishness.

Look at the names involved. The accused in CA Suleiman. The head of Greeen Ronin is Chris Pramas.
One brown guy covering for another brown guy. If it was a white guy he'd already have been sacked.

British SJW's are the most insidious because foreigners think anything with the fake received pronunciation they do.

Fuck off, /pol/.

Goddamn, Veeky Forums really has become /pol/ light.

>this is the state of Veeky Forums in 2017

Then maybe you should go back to Tumblr and stay there?

Veeky Forums used to be filled with unironic wehraboos newfriend

I used to "believe victims". And then a (genuinely) autistic guy I know got accused of sexual assault by a girl he gave a lift home to. Never mind there was never a shred of evidence. Never mind the girl's story changed three or four times or that her chief witnessed initially backed off from supporting her and then also changed her mind.

The poor kid had to go to court 4 or 5 times over this stupid bullshit because the "victim" kept no-showing. Eventually the whole thing was tossed out of court, because it was total bullshit. And it destroyed him. He was always very shy and this sent him totally back into his shell. And the reason why? In the UK at least if you're the victim of a sexual assault crime you can claim compensation from the government for time off work. Yep, the british government in all it's wisdom has incentivised false accusations of rape. They were trying to get benefits.

Since then I never believe an accusation. And I tell this whenever people say shit like "There's LITERALLY no reason to falsely report rape!" Shit that does my head in, there's dozens of reasons to do it because women are just human too, and humans are generally shitty.

>Mind you, the counterpoint to that is that MADE UP THINGS OBVIOUSLY CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE FUCKING POLICE

There. I fixed it fot your you fucking subhuman. Why do you think they only remember after 5 years that they were raped you blithering moron?
Because if it was legit they would straight up go to the fucking police.

>So it's a shitty situation in general for both sides of the clusterfuck and why for anyone vaguely notable it takes until there are dozens of accusations.
No, it takes so long because someone who isn't relevant any more tries to be relevant again and people like you decide to turn their fucking brains over.
If innocent until proven guilty isn't a concept you defend, you need to fucking kill yourself you mouthbreathing Social Justice faggot.

No surprise, really. Just look at the planet that produced humans.

Ants practice slavery, dolphins, ducks, and most orangutans rape, chimpanzees commit infanticide and cannibalism in the same breath, even plants consistently attempt to steal nutrients from each other. Rhesus monkeys practice prostitution, pigs indulge in drunkenness at every opportunity, cats massacre bird populations on a whim, and baboons are warmongers. Every lion's reign starts with the purging of his predecessor's cubs. Eight percent of hyenas die at the paws of other hyenas.

The greatest lie humanity has ever told itself is that Evil is the unnatural state, and Good the natural one.

I'm pretty confident you weren't here before 2009, retardo.

>Humanity confirmed for most based species on earth.

The retards from /pol/ and /r9k/ that shit up the board hates women.
Where the fuck did all these underage retards come from? Oh that right from same places as you did: /pol/ and /r9k/.
Or way more likely they removed the threads because shit like this not really Veeky Forums stuff.

Or maybe you stop posting when your mom is hitting you in the face with his dick.

>muh /pol/boogeyman
Pro-tip: Ask /v/ what happens when /pol/ gets involved.

/pol/ is why /v/ is a shithole you stupid faggot.

Go back to tumblr roastiecuck.

>Retard screams /pol/ every thread
>Complains when /pol/ finally hear said retard screaming at the time of their lungs
>/pol/ invades for real this time
>Takes over the board and the mods cave in within hours
>They leave
>Retard goes back to screaming
>wtf why are they back
Like poetry.

They hate the wammins because innocence is presumed before guilty, even if its a SJW

idk,
Capybara are pretty high up there.

Sounds like you're trying to incite a raid, user.

Do you ever take a look at your life and wonder how you got to the point of typing things like that?

>2 girls in high school say they're going to see my swim coach/math teacher touched them because he is kind of a dick and they failed a math test
>when I was in the Marine Corps there were no less than 5 false rape accusations
>like, bonfide proven false. Either actual evidence came to light or the "victim" finally recanted
>omg user no woman makes false accusations!
Fuck you, in my personal experience at least 6 have and there's no way I'm some sort of outlier.

>not really Veeky Forums stuff
When the world burns, Veeky Forums will burn with it.

If I donate $5 to your patreon account with you be satisfied and go back to begging on twitter?

>I'm not going to look at actual statistics, muh made up anecdotes prove my preconceived notions!

remember when Veeky Forums was smart?

>muh made up anecdotes
I thought we were supposed to listen and believe?

Implying (((they))) don't intentionally avoid gathering statistics on false rape accusations.

Sounds like an appeal to emotion. Trying to socially shame people doesn't really work on an anonymous imageboard, roastiecuck. I'm calling you that because you're so effeminate I can't tell if you're a roastie or a soyboy.

Freelancers are contractors. Do you even know what a fucking employee is? Are you a goddamn retard?

>actual statistics
Like the ones that say that you're more prone to be raped on a college campus in the US than most war zones? Despite the fact that as a cohort, college attending women have a by far lower rate or sexual assault than their non-attending peers.

You're not responding to who you think you're responding to. I legitimately feel sorry for you and just really want you to take a step back and look at your life. Just give it a try.

I feel sorry for you, because you're clearly a faggot.

I'm not sure feminist "statistics" can be trusted.

One thing that bugs me is that false rape prosecutions are conflated with false rape accusations. A liar is probably much more likely to make a public and anonymous false rape allegation than to push for a false rape prosecution because they know there is no proper evidence. So false rape prosecution percentages are not evidence one way or another for the usual things.

I'd agree, if it weren't for the fact that most accuser's will never see justice done and for years were pointedly ignored or denounced.
Shit, you know Cosby was repeatedly accused of rape in the 80s, but that got pushed under the rug.

No you go back there you retardiefaggot
It sounds you like you are brain dead.

>Maybe I'm just cynical because of my sister's "friends" during high school
I work with children and I've observed this in children as young as seven. And when I say children, I do mean girls. Always girls. They WILL lie to get other children into trouble - and when I say other children that does usually mean boys.

They won't even necessarily get an adult involved. I've observed girls, while playing with boys, pretending to get hurt so that the boys will stop the game to see if she's all right. Sometimes the girl will then threaten to tell the teacher that they hurt her in order to get what she wants. It really does seem like crocodile tears are an in-built, reflexive action for some girls.

Fortunately seven year olds aren't very good liars, so it's easy for me to pick out which ones are likely to do that sort of thing. The trouble is, some adults are completely unable to deal it. I happened to overhear a conversation between two teachers who had noticed - completely independently of me - that one girl was a particular problem. They were discussing how to broach the subject with the girl's class teacher, who was completely oblivious to the fact and perfectly happy to enable her behaviour by coddling her poor, victimised little angel.

Fortunately at that age the children only lie about petty things and don't do it with any real malice. It's simply that unlike regular bullying, girls aren't taught that it's mean to do that (because that would be sexist).

I shudder to think what it's like at high-school level though. I personally wouldn't set foot in a high-school unless I was allowed to wear a body-cam.

I think everyone has a story similar to this. The irony is that this is going to be the next Weinstein moment - right now no one is speaking up because a single person with a single story will get shouted down, but sooner or later it's all going to reach critical mass.

Sexual offense cases are always hard for me. In most cases I want to believe the accuser, but I don't know if he or she is telling the truth, so my thoughts are always in limbo. If there are at least four accusers I think it's safe to say that an accused person is de facto guilty unless there is evidence of conspiracy or all of the cases are somehow bullshit.
What I wonder is what does a phony accuser have to lose and gain by falsely accusing someone? Sure, there's defamation, but does the accuser also face defamation as well? Are accusations supposed to be public? Is there some sort of motivation to get trial-by-media?
I do know that most shooting cases in Chicago end up unresolved, even with video evidence, so it doesn't surprise me that many assault cases don't go anywhere.

Just remember: Trust, but verify.

Dude he is 65. He already had 30 solid years of doing whatever he wanted. Catching him now is changing nothing and will change nothing

>One of the few viable ways of me ever touching a women is being shut down and I'm terrified.

Cry more.

Or maybe you are just stupid

I don't think you can make a prosecution if there is no evidence. The victim shouldn't waste his or her opportunity of trial without something good to support first, because of the defendant is found not guilty, then there is no second chance because double-jeopardy is unconstitutional in America.

Glad to see you contributing to the conversation.

Somebody needs to get in touch with them and let them know they are flirting with the death of their company. This "diversity" shit does jack shit for your product line and doesn't do anything to attract a customer clientele. It's singular promoted by SJWs and shills to promote a larger base than what it even begins to approach in real life. Do not cater to a minority, ever.

I thought the original statement should be posted here too.

>nutters get angry because the statement objected to "court of public opinion".

>even though the same statement says they have bowed to that court of public opinion given up their internal investigation and "will not work with him on any future projects".

These cunts should be appologising for bending over backwards to these people, not for offending their clown court.

So don't cater to /pol/ retards?

Being a child rapist didn't stop Roman Polanski from making films, why should mere sexual harassment stop Weinstein?

No, you proceed along official lines. Does the woman have any evidence? Can it be settled in company or was it actually criminal misconduct? Does the accuser have any evidence, is their word worth anything? Innocence is the presumption, so the idea that you should always trust the accuser is nonsense. You always DOUBT the accuser.

>full stop
>doesn't actually fully stop
Who ever writes these should be canned.

Also who the fuck is Green Ronin?

You shouldn't believe the victim. You should wait for evidence. Its honestly disgusting how quickly men lose jobs, relationships, property etc etc after being accused

Well can you name someone who does? its for exactly the same reason why you don't cater to the diversity crew. It makes you look bad, doesn't attract anyone new and drives people away.

>man accused of sexual misconduct
>never work with him again

Unless its proven this is shameful

Holy shit, when did Veeky Forums become so SJW. It looks like the feminist part of twitter itt.